Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 947 - Halo Mafia OVER

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Welcome to Halo Mafia.

You all have gathered on a Halo ring to try and destroy its threat to the universe. There are unnatural forces at work here however, the Flood. These foul creatures will do anything to steal a ship and escape the ring so they can spread across the universe. It is up to you to collect the necessary materials to destroy the ring while avoiding the hungry grasp of the Flood.

Deadline:

Surviving Players

xvart - Captain Keyes, 1-shot Gun Inventor
cruelty - Dass, Militia Recruit, VT
llamaeatataco - Master Chief, Shielded Vig (even nights)
DragonsofSummer - Sir Terr
a
ence Hood, Fleet Admiral, VT

Dead Players

pman5595: Infection Form lynched D1

Kast: Crazed Marine, PGO consumed N1
Snow White: Virgil the Engineer, JoaT shot several times N1

bv310: Infection Form shot several times N1

jasont1981: Cortana, Town Motivator lynched D2

jeromus: Dadap, Grunt Deacon, Vanilla Townie backjacked N2

xRECKONERx: Flood Rolecop, lynched D3

Those Who Are No Longer Here

AlmasterGM: 343 Guilty Spark, Lyncher fulfilled his win condition and left the game D2
Last edited by Shotty to the Body on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 am

Rules: (Taken and modified from hasdgfas' ruleset)
Behavior:

1) This is a game. Please try to act in a respectful manner towards everyone.
2) Play to win, but also to have fun. See rule 1.
3) I will post in either blue or dark blue. I may use italics, bold, underlined, or anything else in blue. Just stay away from blue text. I know what I’ve written.
4) Please try to keep your profanity to a minimum. I will forcibly replace you if I feel your behavior is threatening too many people's fun.
5) Do not quote any private communications with me or other players. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in modkill. If you have a question about whether something is acceptable, PM me.
6) You may not talk about this game outside the thread unless your role allows, whether you’re dead or not. Feel free to talk to me though, especially if you‘re dead. I’m available for listening to rants, getting told how bad the setup and/or flavor is, or listening to what people think about the game in general.
7) Do not edit or delete your posts. There are reasons for this, which I will explain if necessary. If I catch you, you will be modkilled.

Activity Levels and Prods:

8) I expect everyone to post every 72-96 hours. Failure to do so will result in an official prod, unless you have informed me of V/LA status either in thread or via PM. The more I prod you, the more I'll dislike you. The more I dislike you, the more likely I'll just replace you instead of prodding you.
9) Players may request an unofficial prod on another player at any time, either by PM or by posting in thread. This should only be done if it's been at least 24 hours since someone has posted, and someone expects them to answer a question.
10) Not picking up an official prod within 48 hours will result in replacement.

Voting, Lynches, and Deadlines:

11) Please vote in bold, such as
Vote Shotty
. You do not have to unvote when changing votes, although it
might be
is helpful to me. You may use nicknames and acronyms when voting, as long as it is clear exactly whom you are referring to.
12) A lynch will require the votes of a majority of players. When a majority is reached, no further votes/unvotes will be counted.
13) Days will last for a maximum of 3 weeks. If you do not have a majority when deadline arrives, there will be
no lynch.

14) Posting in twilight is acceptable, for both the lynchee and town members. Feel free to post as much or as little as you want of whatever you like.(Really blatant and unhealthy amounts of spam will probably be deleted, however.)
15) Once your death scene is posted, you may make only one ‘Bah’ post. Make sure it has no game relevant information, or someone on your team will be punished for your screw-up.

Miscellaneous:

16) If you fake breaking a rule, it will incur the same punishment as actually breaking the rule.
17) If you believe I have made a small mistake, for example, in a vote count, please point it out in thread. If you have a more serious grievance for some reason, PM me. Leave it out of the thread.
18) My word is final. If you have a problem with it, see rule 17.
19) I reserve the right to add rules if necessary.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Everyone has confirmed so I'm opening the thread. Your deadline is Weds April 21st, 12:00am.

Let the games begin.
Last edited by Shotty to the Body on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:58 pm

"I... gave you an order, soldier! Now pull out!" -Jacob Keyes

These quotes are merely for your and my amusement and have no impact on game state.

Halo Mafia D1 Votecount 1

cruelty (3)
- Snow White, llamaeatataco, xRECKONERx
AlmasterGM (3)
- jasonT1981, jeromus, cruelty
Kast (1)
- xvart
llamaeatataco (1)
- bv310
pman5595 (1)
- DragonsofSummer
jasonT1981 (1)
- AlmasterGM

Unvote (2)
- pman5595, Kast
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:26 am

"I would have been your daddy, but that dog beat me over the fence." –Sgt. Johnson to a Covenant soldier

Halo Mafia D1 Votecount 2

pman5595 (5)
– DragonsofSummer, xRECKONERx, xvart, llamaeatataco, bv310
AlmasterGM (3)
- jasonT1981, jeromus, cruelty
jasonT1981 (1)
– AlmasterGM
bv310 (1)
- Snow White

Unvote (2)
- pman5595, Kast

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:32 am

"God DAMNIT Jenkins, fire your weapon! " -Sgt. Johnson

Halo Mafia D1 Lynch Reached

pman5595 (7) – DragonsofSummer, xRECKONERx, xvart, llamaeatataco, bv310, cruelty, Snow White

AlmasterGM (2) - jasonT1981, jeromus
jasonT1981 (1) – AlmasterGM

Unvote (2) - pman5595, Kast

After a short day on the ring you decide that Pman was a liability in your attempts to destroy it. His incessant whining and threats to leave only made you angrier. In a fit of rage you string him up and kill him. His body pops with a disgusting noise covering you with goo. Looks like he wasn't one of you after all, but a Flood form in disguise.

pman5595, Infection Form lynched D1.

Night has begun and will last until Weds, April 7th 4:30pm EST.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 am

A new day dawns on the ring as you begin to account for the members of your expedition. Worry flows through you as you find neither Snow White or bv310 in their sleeping pods. You search the ridge behind your base and find not two but three bodies. Snow White lies crumpled in a pile, bullet holes freeing a gray ooze from her once floating body. Kast is face down in the dirt with what looks like the remains of a Flood form attached to his neck. Seeing no other sign of bv310 you can only assume that he attacked Kast in the night, but the spent pistol near Kast's body indicates he shot and killed both of the others near him in a crazed fright when he was attacked. Looks like his summer vacation... is over.

Kast: Crazed Marine, PGO consumed N1
Snow White: Virgil the Engineer, Jack of All Trades shot several times N1

bv310: Infection Form shot several times N1

Day 2 has begun you have until April 28th, 4:30pm EST to lynch.

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Jason has been prodded, jeromus is V/LA until today so I presume he'll be back within a day or two otherwise he will receive a prod.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 am

Halo Mafia D2 Votecount 1

jasonT1981 (4):
xvart, AlamasterGM, DoS, xRECKONERx
AlamasterGM (1):
jasonT1981

Not Voting (3):
jeromus, cruelty, llamaeatataco

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:37 am

Halo Mafia D2 Lynch Reached

jasonT1981 (5): xvart, AlmasterGM, DoS, xRECKONERx, jasonT1981

Not Voting (3): jeromus, cruelty, llamaeatataco

Alamaster quickly points at jasonT and yells scum scum and believing him, you string Jason up who goes willingly to the noose. With trepidation you wait to see what will happen and then jason explodes into a million pieces of data leaving behind a green glowing T, the Index. Chuckling to himself about being a genius, AlamasterGM quickly floats over and takes it before disappearing into the sky.

"Hee hee hee. I am a genius...."

jasonT1981: Cortana, Town Motivator lynched D2

AlamasterGM: 343 Guilty Spark, Lyncher fufilled his win condition and left the game D2

Now what? You'd better hurry and destroy this ring before it goes off....

It is now N2, actions are due by Sun, April 11 1:30pm EST.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:37 am

Another day on the ring, another day closer to the end of the universe now that the Index is lost. The pressure is starting to get to you and the crew mutters as you search your base camp. You find a body dumped behind the mess hall in a pile of blood. It looks like jeromus was jumped during the night, his little body almost crushed by the force of the blow.

jeromus: Dadap, Grunt Deacon, Vanilla Townie backjacked N2.

Your deadline is Sunday, April 25th 6:30pm EST. With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Apologies about the lack of mod interaction today, looked like you all had things well in hand I liked the flow of the game. Votecount and/or lynch scene will be up as soon as I do a count.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Lynch Scene D3

Lynch was reached as of Xvart's post #232. Llama's unvote in #233 and subsequent (un)votes do not count due to rule 12.

D3 Final Votecount

xRECKONERx (3)
- DoS, llama, xvart

DoS (1) - xRECKONERx

Not Voting (1) - cruelty

With an almost casual air you decide it is time for xRECKONERx to die. At xvart's whim, you take him out behind the chemical sheds and shoot him. As you do, his cloaking shields flicker to reveal an infested elite! He charges you but llama quickly pulls a shotgun and blows him away. Congratulations town, you win!

xRECKONERx: Flood Rolecop, lynched D3

Interesting end as it looks like you got him by accident almost. I'll be posting my thoughts on the game and the role PMs tomorrow.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 am

I felt sort of bad as scum had a worst-case scenario D1 with one being lynched and one being killed by the PGO. The lyncher actually worked as designed to take away a town PR and give the scum a days reprieve. I thought Reck played exceedingly well given his position, but he came out of the gates as lynch happy scum on D3 imo. The first lynch was probably the biggest disappointment and the root cause of a scum game over, not sure what pman was thinking but he didn't even make it a question that he was scum.

The way scum worked were they started as an Infection Form and any Infection Form not making a kill had the power to 'scavenge' and come up with a random role chosen from a pool of 4. This didn't get used so much since 2 of them died early which was rather depressing for me as a mod. =P The other really unique role was the Cortana role. I was pretty happy with the way she worked, I'll addend the possibilities to the role PM.

Night Actions

N1
Jasont1981 aid xRECKONER
xRECKONERx scavenge into Flood Rolecop
Kast stay awake (active PGO)
bv310 kill Kast
Snow White investigate Kast

N2
xRECKONERx rolecop cruelty
xRECKONERx kill jeromus
llama choose not to kill
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 am

Town had a 3/10 chance of hitting the PGO with a PR on the first night compared to scum's 1/9 after the scum lynch D1. You guys hit a low probability (~3%) worst-case which wrapped this game up fairly quickly, unfortunate but it happens.
Last edited by Shotty to the Body on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:07 am

Role PMs

Welcome to Halo Mafia.
You are SPARTAN-117, Master Chief
. Each even night you may submit to me the name of a player you wish to kill. Your kill method may be chosen by you (within reason) and submitted to me each odd night. You can consult a list of Halo 3 weapons here. It is initially “riddled with bullets.”

Your Mjolnir armor is equipped with energy shields. These shields will protect you from the first kill made against you, but are depleted afterwards.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm your role via PM.
Welcome to Halo Mafia. You are
Virgil, Engineer
. Each night you may perform one of the following actions: Investigate, Protect, Busdrive. Each of these actions has one use and are expended afterwards.

Captain Keyes
. Too bad you don’t keep your pistol loaded, it’s pretty useless that way, but you can hand it to someone else and let him do the shooting. Once during the game you may send me the name of a player you would like to give your pistol to and they will receive a one-shot night kill.

Mod notes
Gun is destroyed if given to Flood. Using the gun is instead of a normal night action if the target has one.
Cortana, AI Construct
. Each night you may send me the name of a player you wish to aid. A player you aid may receive a positive effect based on their role. You will not be informed of the results.

Mod Notes
Infection Form: Can kill and scavenge or if just scavenging can pick from the pool
343 Guilty Spark: Grants double vote for the next day
Master Chief: Restores shields if they are down
Virgil: Restores last used ability
Keyes: Receives mod PM confirming Cortana as town
No effect on VTs, PGO, evolved Flood
Welcome to Halo Mafia. You are the
Crazed Marine
. After watching your squad-mates be consumed by the Flood you’ve gone a little bonkers. Each night you either curl up in a ball and cry yourself to sleep at night or stay awake. Anyone that comes near you if you’re awake is going to get a face full of pistol rounds. Your kill method is “shot several times.”

You win when all threats to the town is eliminated.

Dadap, Grunt Deacon
. You have no special powers beyond your faith in the Great Journey. During the day you may vote for the player you would like to see lynched.

Sir Terrence Hood, Fleet Admiral
. You are the supreme commander of the UNSC, unfortunately that offers no benefits down here on the ground. During the day you may vote for the player you would like to see lynched.

Dass, Militia Recruit
. You have no special abilities as you lost your rifle, shucks. During the day you may vote for the player you would like to see lynched.

Welcome to Halo Mafia. You are an
Infection Form
. You, X, and Y make up the Flood on this installation. Your time to escape and spread across the universe has come. Each night one of you may send me the name of a player you wish to kill. Your kill method is “consumed.”

Instead of performing a kill you may instead scavenge for a body to infest, if you do so you will receive an updated role PM reflecting your new abilities.

Your safe-claim is Sergeant Avery Johnson/Catherine Elizabeth Halsey, Scientist/Thel 'Vadam the Arbiter.

You win when your faction makes up a majority of the town at the start of day.

Mod Notes
Can evolve into a rolecop, 1-shot Strongman, redirector, or Encryptor (provides daytalk). Flavor is stealth elite, Combat form w/ Rockets, Female Navy Officer, and Brain Form respectively.
343 Guilty Spark
. These intruders are not Reclaimers, they are trying to destroy YOUR installation. That won’t do at all. jasonT1981, their construct Cortana, has stolen the Index and you need to retrieve it. Lynch her to get it back. If Cortana is destroyed before you can recover it, it will be up to you eliminate the Flood and the intruders manually. You will receive an updated role PM and wincon at that time.

You win when Cortana is lynched.

Mod Notes
Becomes a serial killer if lynch condition fails.
I considered survivor as an alternate wincon instead of SK. I probably would've regretted writing it the way I did if it had happened. Also if it's alright with the mafia I'll post the QT.
Last edited by Shotty to the Body on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 am

The gun wasn't returnable. Master Chief's even night shooting had more to do with balance than flavor.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 am

You were warned it was swingy. Even with a worst case D1 you still had a shot of winning and if the votes of xvart and llama had come down differently you would've been in a 3-man endgame in all likelihood. I don't see how you dismiss day talk as not useful at all, the JOAT didn't have a kill, and the vig-maker has to correctly give the gun to a townie and then the townie has to successfully choose a target. PGO and Motivator were both double-edged swords, the motivator only benefited scum this game and the PGO cut each team in this game.

The scum are all goons for the first night and then 2 or possibly all 3 become a PR. Rolecop and Redirector have great synergy and day-talk is incredibly useful in my opinion. I'm sorry if you didn't like it Reck but it is balanced. There are certain combinations of events that make it hard for both sides to win, but like I said swingy was advertised.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 am

Llama wasn't confirmed. God forbid the lyncher tries to fulfill his wincon, clearly luck. Statistically what happened D1 happens 2.75% if the time, no mod can plan for every minute possibility.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 am

Halo is about killing, it's hard to give people roles that don't involve killing when you're an alien menace or whatever. Most games can end on D3 with optimal town play or unfortunate scum play, even newbies or normals. I realized when I put a PGO in I would most likely receive complaints. It included the option to just turn it off which was some form of consolation. I think this is the only setup I ever designed that included it. I see where you're coming from with the complaints I doubt I'll use another PGO for a while, but I can't say for sure for mod WIFOM purposes kk?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:39 am

I'll keep that in mind. Actually it's kind of embarrassing, but this was meant to be a different game using damage/heal mechanics that didn't get finished in time so I dusted this setup off. It was one of the first I wrote which is why it's so swingy. I thought it would provide a good amount of theme fun, so I apologize if anyone didn't enjoy themselves.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”