jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by jeromus »

Well - As you may have noticed, Alex, Cirdua and I have played together before, and it was both mine and Alex's first game. If there's one thing that game taught me, it's that Alex being a dumbass isn't a tell. It's just Alex.

So, I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Sotty

Only SCUM would get so defensive over spoilers! That happened in the very first episode! Such inconsistency is a definite tell. :)

Look forward to playing with you all :)
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by jeromus »

Wait...I'm being leaped upon because my random vote offered no relevant justification? Wow.

But reading down, it appears that it is not so.

And @BattlestarwatcherwhomIcannotremembertheusernameforatthispoint - I was saying that your claims of not knowing that he'd betrayed humanity to the cylons was inconsistent with the fact that, were you watching it for more than, say, 4 minutes, you'd already know that. I'll admit, inconsistent BARELY fits in that context.

My defense of Alex was also symptomatic of my uncanny ability to make silly game related remarks and be jumped upon for doing so. See mine and Alex's first game together...I pretend that that wasn't even me a lot of the time.
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by jeromus »

Wait...I'm being leaped upon because my random vote offered no relevant justification? Wow.

But reading down, it appears that it is not so.

And @BattlestarwatcherwhomIcannotremembertheusernameforatthispoint - I was saying that your claims of not knowing that he'd betrayed humanity to the cylons was inconsistent with the fact that, were you watching it for more than, say, 4 minutes, you'd already know that. I'll admit, inconsistent BARELY fits in that context.

My defense of Alex was also symptomatic of my uncanny ability to make silly game related remarks and be jumped upon for doing so. See mine and Alex's first game together...I pretend that that wasn't even me a lot of the time. As a result, I have a habit of jumping to the defense of those as foolish as myself.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by jeromus »

Gah, I thought that first one didn't post...And that was pre-the point of the sentence-being added in...

Also - It's not Alexithymus, but Alexithymia - Which is, in a nutshell, the psychological difficulty with identifying and describing one's emotions :)
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Post by jeromus »

Oh, I see Cirdua is already misrepping me :)

And - Lacey, missed your post there. What you're witnessing there is friendship - I've been in contact with Alex, and hurling abuse at people is how my form of affection works.

My thought process went as follows. "Okay...So Alex has one vote, two vote, 3 vote...Woah, sure are a lot of votes. Man, I hate it when that happens..." I considered how I have a habit of saying stupid things that start bandwagons on me (Enjoy the noose, Alex - See my first game), and through this thing called empathy, I defended him.

And, the way I did? It's not terribly professional of me, but I don't pay my prose terribly much attention. I only phrased it so lightheartedly, I imagine, because of the general vibe of the RVS that I am so used to.

Also - Should probably establish that "Alex is a dumbass-DON'TJUDGEHIM" is something that I only subscribe to during the RVS. If Alex is scummy, "Dumbass" or not, then he is scummy. I was only commenting on his stupid first post that I considered to not benefit scum.

Which is my first point - How the heck is it valid to ride on an L-2 bandwagon based on a foolish comment in the RVS? And a foolish comment that, correct me if I'm wrong, has absolutely no benefit to the scum?

Admittedly no benefit to the town, but no harm to it either! Which is why my vote shall remain on Sotty, primarily because now I'm actually finger-waggling with that vote. I don't believe that Alex voting for himself was a tell in any way, and it was odd to start that wagon.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Post by jeromus »

Oh, I see Cirdua is already misrepping me :)

And - Lacey, missed your post there. What you're witnessing there is friendship - I've been in contact with Alex, and hurling abuse at people is how my form of affection works.

My thought process went as follows. "Okay...So Alex has one vote, two vote, 3 vote...Woah, sure are a lot of votes. Man, I hate it when that happens..." I considered how I have a habit of saying stupid things that start bandwagons on me (Enjoy the noose, Alex - See my first game), and through this thing called empathy, I defended him.

And, the way I did? It's not terribly professional of me, but I don't pay my prose terribly much attention. I only phrased it so lightheartedly, I imagine, because of the general vibe of the RVS that I am so used to.

Also - Should probably establish that "Alex is a dumbass-DON'TJUDGEHIM" is something that I only subscribe to during the RVS. If Alex is scummy, "Dumbass" or not, then he is scummy. I was only commenting on his stupid first post that I considered to not benefit scum.

Admittedly no benefit to the town, but no harm to it either! Which is why my vote shall remain on Sotty, primarily because now I'm actually finger-waggling with that vote. I don't believe that Alex voting for himself was a tell in any way, and it was odd to start that wagon.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by jeromus »

Gah, stupid double posting...
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:18 am

Post by jeromus »

Oh, so I don't get to be capitalised?

And - You mean to say that that is a scumtell? Or at the very least, not a town-tell? Seems as if you're being a tad hard on stupid play? I see no way in which a selfvote.

I just see it as too irrelevant and useless to benefit scumplay.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:25 am

Post by jeromus »

EDIT - I see no way in which a selfvote benefits anyone, whether it be scum or not!
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:12 am

Post by jeromus »

I agree - Cird, it benefits the scum for the attention to be on a hypothetically town Alex, but I see no reason for that justifying a bandwagon on Alex, hence my protest against it.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by jeromus »

There's not even extensive history between Cird, Alex and I...Just intensive. Basically, Cirdua scum-pwned us both, having Alex mislynched and then was on the way to victory when our mod left us - As a result, Alex declared a vendetta against Cirdua, and I just felt like tagging along in this game.

"Enjoy the noose" was in reference to my declaration of "Enjoy the noose" when putting Alex at L-1, not realising - HEY! That's INCREDIBLY suspicious! Who'd have know? - Causing the bandwagon to turn at me...

So - Enough about the past! I find Alex's post about vote hopping odd... Not enough to warrant a vote, but I don't see Vi votehopping as you seem to. I've very little to take fro this game thus far, hopefully a lack of sleep deprivation will assist tomorrow. I think very little of these accusations, other than to believe them to be invalid. I see no reason that votehopping is terribly worth commenting on, as a matter of fact, other than it doesn't give the town quite so clearly cut a view on where they're waggling their finger, in which case I can only recommend reading things that aren't bolded as well.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by jeromus »

Just letting you guys know - I'm absent for the next 4 days to a week - If this makes me eligible for replacement - Mod, go right ahead.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by jeromus »

I apologise - I have real life stuff going on and I am, for the most part, scanning posts for my name and answering questions asked of me - And the point of my post on votehopping was to SAY that I think nothing of votehopping. It bothers me a little that Alex felt the need to point it out, as if it were a tell, which I disagree with. Those are my thoughts, oh mighty question mark :).

@Lacey - I think that you write far too much text into each post. That isn't valid criticism in terms of anything but my recent lack of activity. You ask me what I think of Cirdua's play? I am unsure. In our game together, I found him to be an incredibly active player, and even though he was, ultimately, scum; I found him to be a relatively pro-town player. I am unsure, however, as to the validity of the inverse of this.
Alex - In that same game, Alex played atypically and Cirdua got him/her/it/Idunno mislynched D-1. I bring this up to emphasise - I'm getting the vibe I got with Cirdua in that game from you, Lacey...Nothing to back that up, but my gut says this. I've not really read up on much of Alex's other games, even as Alex's alt, and so a Meta is hard to come by currently. I find Alex's playstyle odd and hard to judge.

Scrolling up, just answering idle questions - I've been in a single game with Alex, the same game with Cirdua. This is why I disliked the term extensive when describing our history. I'll not deny that it's changing my play - And I hope that stops pretty soon - But I disagreed with the word.

Might be a post to follow this one up - Finally have a good stock of spare time with which I can reread this thread.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by jeromus »

Okay - Just read through page 5...Might I quote your "Alexithymia" wiki?
Alex's selfmade Wiki wrote: Things I have learnt from my first game:
Don't take it personally.
Be careful what you say, it could be perceived as scummy.
Lessons clearly wasted. There there.

And - I will be 4 days away, not a week - And this absence will begin in 3 days.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by jeromus »

Cirdua isn't scum hunting. Cirdua isn't reading other players. Cirdua is just offering scummy apologies. Cirdua looks better and better as time goes on.
Wait, but those few things contrad-OH! SARCASM! HA!
Or better lynch...In any case, mental commentary ends now.

So - With no further adieu -
Vote:Alex

Even if it can't be meta'd as scum or town, your play is erratic. You act oddly and unpredictably, and that makes you a distraction to the town. It's like trying to investigate a case as a detective whilst dressed as a jester - You just distract the other officers at the crime scene.

People conform to the usual form of play because it works and you can build consistent rules to decide what is "Scummy" or not. You decide to "Screw the rules" (You have money), and that benefits either scum, or the player and noone else. Either way - The town loses for it.

We can't change how you play - Hell, you're too stubborn to listen to us; but we can change how we react, and, y'know, that whole "Conditioning" thing.
Negative reinforcement, motherfucker.

Anywhose - My V/LA starts in about 24 hours...I'll miss you guys! 4 days...Almost a lifetime...

Well, for four houseflies, I suppose.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:40 am

Post by jeromus »

Okay...You respond by saying that you're an individual...And then quote My Chemical Romance.

Do you need a hand brushing your dyed black fringe out of your eyes so you can see the dark depressing world out there? NOT valid retorts.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 am

Post by jeromus »

No matter what I'm going to say, I probably screwed up so much already that it wouldn't help me. But when I flip town remember who were pushing for my lynch (before everyone did, that is). Maybe the only good thing that will come out of my lynch is a better chance at finding the filthy scum that jumped onto my wagon.
Not just AtE - I call this an "Alexithymia". I call the people on the wagon "Cirdua"s if they flip town.

See what I did there, Alex?

And - I disagree with Alex's play not through policy, but through the fact that it makes her pretty damned isolated in the game, for interactions...Well, I'm noticing a lot of it not happening, unless one personally offends her. Anyways - Off to the beach. Farewell!
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by jeromus »

Oh, you needn't condescend, DRK.
In any case - Childish protests aside - I was distanced from the Cirdua wagon because I disagreed with it. As said in my wonderful content rich explanation - I found him to be a more dominating player as scum - Presenting new things and making accusations and the likes - Whereas in this game he lurked and said oh so little.

And I only addressed the votehopping because it was directly asked of me - Lest I would have made no comment as it is of little importance. What I found odd was that Alex was accusing someone of being scum FOR votehopping, not the votehopping itself.

Also - Just to hop on the wagon with everyone else - I think we might have two scum teams...It's a distinct possibility :)

Also - Lacey - Your "Nice dig at my intelligence guys" post makes me edgy...If people worry that they will offend, sometimes they will not say what they wish to...Like, say, that your D-1 speculation was that of scum, as you seem very eager to not protest against it, but get off of the topic of it.
SEoS (Shifty eye of suspicion) - Lacey
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by jeromus »

In what way have I been condescending? :(
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by jeromus »

Because - Last I checked, either the sarcasm tags aren't working, or "Gem" in every single one of its uses in his post justifying his vote on me was used with the heaviest of sarcasm, which offends me. *Cries*
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by jeromus »

By well documented, you mean linked, correct? I don't find it suspicious that you're discussing the game setups, so much as your prose - I find it suspicious to be dropping such bombs as "I'm not an idiot".

It's an appeal to emotion right there, and that's what bothers me, more'n the discussion of game setups. I find very little to be suspicious about discussing game setups - Curiosity works that way, which, with a little help from his buddy "Social interaction" becomes a thing known as discussion, but I don't like that post, especially the first sentence.

Goddammit, I'm good at emphasising the wrong points in my posts...
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:33 am

Post by jeromus »

What does tubthumping mean?
It's where you get knocked down, but you get up again.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:15 am

Post by jeromus »

I apologise for a total lack of activity - Well, this game. I will catch up at a time that is NOT 1:12 AM, hopefully.
Just so you guys know that I'm here...Just with nothing to say.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by jeromus »

I must apologise...This game made me break down...I really really should have replaced out, but I had no reason other than "This game overwhelms me" to do so...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”