mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by greenindirt »

/confirm
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Vote: MindGamer

Woo, wagons.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Johoohno wrote:
@ greenindirt
: What made you pick the MindGamer "wagon" over Shadow Dancer?
Vasude had posted recently and I was hoping he might still be around and would comment on my vote.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:20 am

Post by greenindirt »

VasudeVa wrote:Nothing scummy about that(yet). Carry on.
"Yet"? Is there a point in the game where you would find someone creating (or attempting to) discussion scummy?
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 am

Post by greenindirt »

Alright, sorry to have to ask, but what is scummy about using a die in the RVS? Is it because it can't be analyzed later on?
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Iecerint wrote:First, I think his real reason for choosing which wagon to vote was that there was more rhetoric behind the one he chose.
Alright, I've been trying to figure out what you're saying here but I'm not having any luck, so I'll ask you to clarify. What I'm reading is that you think my reason for voting for mindgamer was because of effective writing?
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:22 am

Post by greenindirt »

I'm confused by what you mean by effective writing. I get what you mean, that you think I voted for wagon A over B for reason X, but I give the reason Y, ie. I give a different reason than what the real reason was. I'm confused over the definition you are giving to Y and X.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Johoohno wrote:
@ greenindirt
: Is MindGamer your top suspect as of now?
No, merely an excuse for a wagon during the RVS. Seems we're heading out of it now and nothing will come of it, so:
Unvote
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
greenindirt wrote:I'm confused by what you mean by effective writing. I get what you mean, that you think I voted for wagon A over B for reason X, but I give the reason Y, ie.
I give a different reason than what the real reason was.
I'm confused over the definition you are giving to Y and X.
Lying is inherently anti-town.

Why would you lie to us?
You're definitely taking the bolded part out of context. I was restating what ice was arguing for (that I had lied) and then asking him to clarify. I'm still confused by why he thought I was lying, but doesn't matter anymore.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by greenindirt »

I really don't see how Vas calling MG a manipulative SOB makes MG the obvious wagon. I understand what you're saying now though, thanks for clarifying. A question then: Do you think Lynch all Liers is a good policy?

Where did I discuss you liking Jo?
Johoohno wrote:I'm a fan of being eager, however, I expect a new post from Iecerint very soon to help us read his role and not only his mood.
Reading this again, it seems off. Had you meant alignment instead of role, as I was under the impression that rolefishing is scummy.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Iecerint wrote:Shadow Dancer's command of the English language looks like it might be his second language. This is relevant because it might affect how his posts should be interpreted.
Oh yeah and english isn't my first language either so please be easy on me. /lies

I don't have much to add to it, but I think some increased pressure on SD might prove worthwhile.
Vote: ShadowDancer

Johoohno wrote:I meant alignment, but in this game there doesn’t seem that big of a difference, since role names won’t be revealed upon death.
I don't see how this make rolefishing any better.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Iecerint wrote:(Please similarly (or analogously) indicate why my post was "tense" and/or "restrained.")
I don't have the time nor energy to do show examples right now, but the "tone" or your post does come off as slightly defensive and tense. Of course this can be hard to discern because, it's text, and everyone has different ways of explaining things and writing. I'm just saying that your posts can come off as tense, not that they are.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 am

Post by greenindirt »

Plum wrote:Hm, and other people noticed it , too. Wonder why they didn't find it as scummy as I feel it is.
I noticed and thought it did appear scummy, but I didn't want to make a vote that could be biased because he attacked me. So, I called him out on it, wanting him to respond. He didn't and still hasn't addressed the issue which I find to be interesting.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Out of TWENTY players, you really expect to get away with only giving some info on one and some offhand quasi-analysis on another? Please. I've seen you play. Stop lurking. Now.
Yes, you have been the paragon of posting and are in a position to comment on others activeness, or lack of. Also, as pointed out, not twenty.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Regarding "TWENTY" versus 12, I don't suppose any of you have heard of hyperbole? No? Hadn't thought so.
You know, saying twenty instead of twelve, isn't really hyperbole even if you had meant it. Did you mean it? Because it looks more like you made a mistake. If this is the case, why not just admit to making a mistake?
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I am very careful with my vote. I don't believe that it should be thrown around willy-nilly; when I have a serious place to place it, you will see it.
With nobody near a lynch, I am not as cautious with my vote. However, I wish to see SD comment on events so: FoS SV

Going over the Jack/Iec dialogue now.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 am

Post by greenindirt »

Iecerint wrote:That is scummy for the same reason that GiD's RVS rationale was scummy.
I see this coming up again so I'll give my thoughts on it now instead of later.

I disagree and here's why.
The explanation of hyperbole doesn't make much sense. 20 instead of 12 isn't very effective hyperbole nor does it really fit the definition, so hyperbole as an excuse doesn't make sense.
My explanation does make sense. I checked the time difference between my post and Vas' and it was a difference of 9 minutes. It isn't illogical.
SV might come under fire for thinking that the game had 20 players so has a motivation (both as scum and town, though) to lie and say that it was hyperbole.
I do not have a reason to lie. I would not have come under fire for saying it was because MindGamer was called manipulative, so there isn't a great motivation to make up another reason.
Also for personal reasons since I know I'm telling the truth and I do not know if SV is.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:21 am

Post by greenindirt »

VasudeVa wrote:SV is being too careless about the game to seem scum. Might be a bored townie. Scum usually have their thoughts in order because they aren't supposed to be doing any scum hunting but to mislead any attempt to scumhunt.
I would very much disagree that someone who is playing poorly is more likely to be town.
Flava Flave wrote:Votes on Shattered are as bad as votes on Shadow. Plum did both. Hmm.
Why are votes for SV and SD bad? What do you think about SV and SD?
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Ah, sorry about that. I've been either busy or drunk this weekend and I try not to post while drunk. I apologize, it isn't fair to you guys and I should have taken a v/la. I'll be catching up on the thread and commenting in the morning. Ask me if you want me to comment on anything in particular.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 am

Post by greenindirt »

Sorry I'm having a hard time catching up on this, can't concentrate. You'll have to wait longer until I get the chance to absorb more of this, when I'm not hungover. I will try and respond if someone has a specific question though.
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 am

Post by greenindirt »

Iecerint wrote:My point was that English is his second language, so analysis based on his tone is not reliable.
I thought your point was that English might be his second language, not that it was. It turned out eventually that it is, but you didn't know that at the time. Or did you?
greenindirt
greenindirt
Goon
greenindirt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by greenindirt »

Alright, sorry but I have not been able to get my head into this game and it isn't fair to the players.
Mod, could I be replaced?

Sorry guys, have a good game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”