Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

d3x wrote:Zach, you were the remaining Scum?
Yeah. We never seem to end up on the same side do we?

We REALLY needed MIC for this one, that lynch was devastating.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well played town, apologies if I threw anyone off with my charter rethink and d3x hunch on D3! CC made a great track on charter and with the MIC lynch on top, Zach's position was pretty difficult.

Zach: can I ask why you didn't kill CC on N2?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Locke Lamora wrote:Well played town, apologies if I threw anyone off with my charter rethink and d3x hunch on D3! CC made a great track on charter and with the MIC lynch on top, Zach's position was pretty difficult.

Zach: can I ask why you didn't kill CC on N2?
We were worried there might be a doctor.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:52 am

Post by charter »

Zachrulez wrote:What a monumental disaster from night 2 as well...
Wow, yeah. We bungled that good.

Good work town, had us beat every step of the game.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:52 am

Post by d3x »

The game's not over yet, though. Until sigma shows and shuts it down, we're in twilight. While highly improbable, there could be a 3rd party out there yet.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, I'm not a 3rd party. :D

It looks like I might finally break my losing streak.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Post by sigma »

The town quickly decides that Zachrulez is most likely to be in the mafia, and you string him up.

After searching him... it looks like this is one
Mafia Goon
who won't be terrorizing Oatville anymore.

---

The town has destroyed all the scum and has won! Congratulations to these players for winning:

d3x
Locke Lamora
Col.Cathart
Hoopla
Bio Hazard
RedCoyote
Shotty to the Body
Sotty7
Dry-fit

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by sigma »

This PM went to d3x, Dry-fit, Sotty7, Bio Hazard, RedCoyote and Shotty to the Body:
Vanilla Townie PM wrote:You are a Vanilla Townie. Fueled by a high-fiber diet, you're ready to take on the Mafia who have infiltrated you're town. Each day, you may vote to lynch one of the other people in town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
This went to Hoopla:
Day Vigilante PM wrote:You are a Day Vigilante. For reasons that are too complicated to detail in a short message, you have in storage a variety of poisoned granola and oatmeal. You may use this during the day only to kill one of the other people in town. You may do so by PMing me with the name of the player you wish to kill. The kill will take effect as soon as I get your message. Unfortunately, due to the town's schedule, you can only use this ability once per day. Please note that you are a Day Vigilante, and as such, must use your power before night falls. Please also note that twilight is not defined as 'day', so any kills received after someone has reached majority vote that day will not be accepted. You may also vote to lynch one of the other people in town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
This went to Col.Cathart:
Tracker PM wrote:You are a Tracker. Each night, you may attempt to find out who, if anybody, a player has targeted that night by PMing me the name of the player you wish to track. I will then PM you with one of these results: 'Sigma targeted Player', 'Sigma had no target', or 'Investigation failed.' You may also vote to lynch one of the other people in town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
This went to Locke Lamora:
Town Roleblocker PM wrote:You are a Roleblocker. During the night, you may pour cream of wheat into a player's gas tank, rendering them unable to perform any night action that they may have. You may do so by PMing me with the name of the player that you wish to roleblock. You will not be informed of the results of your roleblock. You may also vote to lynch one of the other people in town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
This went to charter and Zachrulez:
Mafia Goon PM wrote:You are a Mafia Goon. Together with your partners, xxx (Mafia Goon) and xxx (Mafia Roleblocker), you must take over the town. During the night, you may converse with your partners in this quicktopic. The mafia may select one of their number to kill one person during the night. To do so, PM me with the name of the player you wish to kill and the mafia member performing the kill. You may also vote to lynch one of the other people in town. You win when the mafia makes up the majority of the town or nothing can prevent the same.
This went to Moai Interceptor Cannons:
Mafia Roleblocker PM wrote:You are a Mafia Roleblocker. Together with your partners, xxx (Mafia Goon) and xxx (Mafia Goon), you must take over the town. During the night, you may converse with your partners in this quicktopic. The mafia may select one of their number to kill one person during the night. To do so, PM me with the name of the player you wish to kill and the mafia member performing the kill.

During the night, you may also pour cream of wheat into a player's gas tank, rendering them unable to perform any night action that they may have. You may do so by PMing me with the name of the player that you wish to roleblock. You will not be informed of the results of your roleblock. You are allowed to both kill and roleblock in the same night.

You may also vote to lynch one of the other people in town. You win when the mafia makes up the majority of the town or nothing can prevent the same.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by sigma »

Night Actions:

Night 1

charter kills dry-fit
Col.Cathart tracks RedCoyote
Locke Lamora blocks Hoopla

Night 2

charter kills Shotty to the Body
Col.Cathart tracks Charter
Locke Lamora blocks d3x

Night 3

Zachrulez kills Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart tracks d3x
Locke Lamora blocks Zachrulez

And of course, Hoopla killed Sotty day 1.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by sigma »

Thanks, for playing the game everyone. I hope you liked the setup and my modding -- I thought it went pretty well. Please feel free to discuss the game and let me know if you have any feedback for me.

One thing I don't like about closed setups is the necessary 'try and guess the setup' that everyone has to do, and that seemed to be an issue that cropped up in this game. Really, the key turning point for this game after a bad day 2 for town was a nice track by Col.Cathart, but I recall that the scum were afraid of a doctor being in the setup due to having a scum roleblocker in the setup, so they killed elsewhere. Obviously, if they had killed the tracker, the game would have been very different. Maybe I'll try modding a semi-open game next time and see what issues crop up there.

I've honestly never seen scum hammer in the situation Bio did -- it always seems to be townies that do the really reckless hammers. Maybe that WIFOM will change over time. I thought charter and Zach did a nice job there setting up Hoopla for the lynch.

Hope you guys had fun!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:17 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I thought the modding was great, thanks sigma! N2 was definitely crucial - Hoopla's failed gambit of tracking me and her subsequent lynch could have led to a town meltdown, I think, especially if we had lost CC that night.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

Nice job townies! I was probably shaping to shoot Bio Hazard over Zachrulez - perhaps me dying was a good thing, because I was very wrong all game. What a waste of being day vigilante - I bet I'll never be one again.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm gonna go ahead and take the credit for this one. Obviously my two posts are what won the game here 8-)
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 am

Post by d3x »

I thuroughly enjoyed this game! Good job everyone. It's been a lot of fun. Thanks for the Mod/invite sigma.

Zach, you couldn't get away from me this time! Muh-hahahahah!

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Hoopla »

Sotty7 wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and take the credit for this one. Obviously my two posts are what won the game here 8-)
Do you still love me?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hoopla wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and take the credit for this one. Obviously my two posts are what won the game here 8-)
Do you still love me?
How could I not? :lol:

In all seriousness the town played great here. Lynching the RBer on day one really set everything else up and screwed the scum hard. Congrats guys and nice modding Sigma.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

Sotty7 wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Do you still love me?
How could I not? :lol:
*pets head*
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Good game guys, I pretty much knew it was charter when I died, but no real good there huh. =P
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 am

Post by charter »

sigma wrote:I've honestly never seen scum hammer in the situation Bio did -- it always seems to be townies that do the really reckless hammers. Maybe that WIFOM will change over time. I thought charter and Zach did a nice job there setting up Hoopla for the lynch.
Ooohhh no. Scum do it all the time. Great scum play.

Good job modding too.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Yeah town was great this game, probably the best I've played with.

Thanks for modding sigma!
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry for replacing out, guys. I ended up getting quite busy irl and wasn't able to spend as much time on this site as I had hoped to.
Good job town! I think the setup was imbalanced toward the town, but I always think the setup is imbalanced against my team. ;) I probably would have made the scum RB into a disabler that was able to block both the town RB and Hoopla's dayvig.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:02 am

Post by d3x »

Nik wrote:Sorry for replacing out, guys.
No worries, bro. While I would have relished killing you again, I'll just have to settle for Lynching you by proxy. ;)

GTKAS - d3x
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Nikanor wrote:Sorry for replacing out, guys. I ended up getting quite busy irl and wasn't able to spend as much time on this site as I had hoped to.
Good job town! I think the setup was imbalanced toward the town, but I always think the setup is imbalanced against my team. ;) I probably would have made the scum RB into a disabler that was able to block both the town RB and Hoopla's dayvig.
I think the prs favored the town. Dayvig is a really powerful role, so is a town roleblocker.

Most newer mods don't seem to realize just how powerful a town roleblocker is. The first time I modded a game (Not here.) I used a town roleblocker unaware of how much damage the role was capable of doing. (It ended up crippling my scumteam and sk.)
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

d3x wrote:No worries, bro. While I would have relished killing you again, I'll just have to settle for Lynching you by proxy.
Hah! My tunneling on you would have had you in the noose day one, for reals.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

Zach wrote:Most newer mods don't seem to realize just how powerful a town roleblocker is.
Think about the power level of a doc and the power level of a cop. Now combine them together and you have the power level of a roleblocker.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”