MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

/shortcake

Also, I appreciate cheesecake, pies and many other desserts!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:29 am

... Now i want jello....
It should be rhubarb jello ...

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

Zodiark13 wrote:EBWOTP: Sorry, wrong one, thought we were choseing random words.

/snapdragon
See kids, reading the thread can be fun :D

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:31 am

And it should be pretty easy for you to connect why I have Godzilla as my avatar given my username. Think of me as having a puzzle built right into my forum account :D

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:42 am

Vote: Pickme

Your username commands me to .. and quite frankly your avatar is quite frightening.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:01 am

EVERY TIME THERE IS SOMEBODY IN A GAME THAT IS DYSLEXIC.

pickEMgenius.

It's PEG not PMG.
It's true I am dyslexic ... my apologies.

Also PMG sounds much more threatening than Peg. A PMG I could see as a huge gun. Peg brings to mind someone's grandma :D

Your avatar remains scary ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:44 am

My Milked Eek wrote:Never mind people's homes, we need more votes on Gant.
Any particular reason other than you dislike the letter combination of G-A-N-T?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #94 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:47 am

My Milked Eek wrote: And why was peg editing deathsauce's wiki page?
Ah what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to .... edit a Wiki page?

Also, V/LA until Monday morning.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #131 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:31 pm

MafiaSSK wrote:
Unvote, vote SAMP
Put PEG at L2 with little to no good reasoning.
Aside from the wonderful conversation we've had about Rhubard Jello (Wolframhart come on, give it a try, you'll love it) and Wiki editing is anyone besides myself wanting a little more content?

At MME - why does Gant deserve voting for his last name? Please enlighten me as to your history with said Gant.

At SSK - Why did you vote so quickly for SAMP when he only put Pickem at L-4 not L-2? Do you usually not check statements like that for accuracy before posting a vote?

At Zodiark13 - You still here with us?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Consider your pre-Prod received. I'll be posting my thoughts and observations in the am.

Also I'll
Unvote
at this point since I'm not a big fan of letting RVS votes linger without more evidence.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:19 am

Ok, large catch-up post incoming … you have been warned.
SAMP wrote:Do you usually not check statements like that for accuracy?
After seeing this I went back and checked. You are correct. I took the top of the page summary at its face without seeing that quick unvotes had happened. My mistake. I'm not thrilled with MafiaSSK's response because he could have done the exact same thing I did. Instead he immediately retracted his vote. Sits with me as a fairly big backtrack, even with his 'early morning statement' retraction.

@MafiaSK - Why didn't you go on the offensive and question me about it, given you were the one I questioned.
MafiaSSK wrote: Because it can heavily distract the town away from scumhunting.
The town players can only be distracted if they allow themselves to be. Do you think that the playerbase here is that weak in general?
Greenguy wrote: I was wrong to call it a theory because it was just an idea. But a theory is like an possible explanation to something. Which it was.

A) Why should evidence be provided if it isn't not supposed to cause a lynch or start a bandwagon but simply create discussion (ironic isn't it?)

B) Why "prod" if the point is not to lynch or bandwagon but to create discussion.
A. Even for theories meant to provide discussion evidence is crucial in that it provides a basis for the discussion. Just throwing a random theory with no supporting substance is only going to produce discussion about how anti-town that behavior is.

B. Prodding for answers would create deeper discussion than just wild speculation.
Zodiark wrote: Ok, starting a wagon because you don't like the way that GD tries to provoke discussion? Thats just fishy. I understand that we are now 11 days away from the deadline, and with little to go on, but a wagon like that could possibly halt discussion.
As I’ve discsussed above and other players have mentioned the problem certainly isn’t with Greendude attempting to provoke discussion. It’s with the method he used, which is supefical and not very effective. Do you seriously think that building a bandwagon means that players are unable to look at other people other than Greendude?
easjo682 wrote:Wow, people round here are quick to join Bandwagons and then later to climb off said wagon. The green wagon gained speed very quickly and little was gained out of it, I'm now concerned that some of the voters on that wagon are scum all the people who jumped so quickly onto the wagon have gained alot of suspicion from my eyes.
Who in particular do you find scummy based on their comments and when they jumped on the wagon?

@Wolframhart – You’ve been pretty quiet so far and I know you are an experienced player. I’d like to hear some thoughts from you regarding the last few pages of the thread.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:54 am

My Milked Eek wrote: Perhaps you should have outed of this game instead. [/semi-joke]
A semi-joke is the best response you can come up with? I can't believe you, as a GM, were not aware that Zodiark was an SE in that game.

If you comment earlier was strictly a dig (calling Zodiark a newb) why did you make it? Otherwise it seems like a subtle attempt to discredit Zodiark without presenting any real evidence. I find that scummy.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:43 am

GreenDude wrote:What I'm saying is that based on the circum stances, it looked that a few people were very likely to vote me because they wanted to but there was no opportunity. And if I can see that, then why can't anyone else.
This kind of thinking is once again why you are under fire. You are saying that you know people would be voting on you but had no opportunity.

1. How do you know (or find very likely)? The best way to get other people to see it and believe you is to sprinkle some quotes from the players in question that support your reasoning. Just as supporting your theory it would give people a reason to think you were posting with something other than pure ‘gut feeling’.
2. There is no lack of opportunity to vote for you. Anyone can do it at any time with or without reasons. If you are saying that you find those players to be opportunistic and can show they don’t have any clear reasoning of their own then you might have a point.

@MafiaSSK –

I asked for input on two issues from you back at 179. I’ll restate the questions for you here –
MoI at 179 wrote: After seeing this I went back and checked. You are correct. I took the top of the page summary at its face without seeing that quick unvotes had happened. My mistake. I'm not thrilled with MafiaSSK's response because he could have done the exact same thing I did. Instead he immediately retracted his vote. Sits with me as a fairly big backtrack, even with his 'early morning statement' retraction.

@MafiaSK -
Why didn't you go on the offensive and question me about it, given you were the one I questioned.

The town players can only be distracted if they allow themselves to be.
Do you think that the playerbase here is that weak in general
?
I’ve bolded for emphasis.

Given that you made a post at 197 you’ve been active since I posted those questions. At this juncture I’m going to assume you are ducking them.

Vote: MafiaSSK

You’ve been non-committal in your actions; flip flopping whenever you feel the smallest amount of resistance. I don’t like the way your vote came and went on Greendude. I don’t like that you didn’t bother to call me on my mistake. You may be ducking direct questions about your play.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #211 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:35 pm

easjo682 wrote: More the people that joined towards the end without being at the very end because if I were scum that would seem a good unsuspecting time to jump on, just as a bandwagons warming up.
I see your logic. Can you provide actual players names with this? Phrases like 'towards the end without being at the very end' are somewhat subjective. Providing names will actually give those players a chance to respond to you suspicion and spur discussion.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #213 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:06 am

I'll be V/LA til Monday in the a.m. EDT.

Noted.

-DRK

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #256 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:47 am

DeathSauce wrote:Go read easjo's posts. Look for these signs: hypocrisy, wishy-washiness, failure to call others scummy until prompted, weird unvote, overall sense of scumminess.

Just so you know, D_G, I don't do PBPA or big-ass quote-filled posts. I hate them. Ask anyone.
First off welcome Nacho ..

Secondly I'll be back with a more content full post later.

Deathsauce - Why do you hate them? Quote posting provides a direct link between the points you are making and your responses. Do you find them anti-town / scummy? Should players who find those style of posts informative and effective feel you are scummy for not providing direct evidence for your accusations?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #269 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

MafiaSSK wrote:For Q1: I didnt go on the offensive because it did not seem to be logically strategical.Just because you did it does not mean I have had to do it as well.
For Q2:Yes, every player base is weak. You can easily distract any set of townies if you allow such distractions to continue. Plus, it is a game people do not have a serious concentration on it. If they have a single distraction that can be proven good, then they'll switch topics in to it.
Follow-up question – How is not questioning someone about a clear mistake not a strategic move? Have you decided a read on me a feel no need to pursue the issue?
MafiaSSK wrote: A. I have not been non-committal in my actions as I have shown in my past few defenses.
I disagree. Here are two examples –

1. You made a reasonable early game vote on the premise that putting someone at L-2. I call you out (incorrectly) that he was at L-4. You immediately unvote instead of bothering to look (which SAMP did a little later) to see if I was correct.
2. You vote for GD. He makes a simple response that addresses that you made a mistake in stating he had a theory instead of theories. This is enough for you to quickly Unvote.

Both of these are very non-committal in my eyes.
Damon_gant wrote: Everyone: Activity now leading up to the deadline would be very nice. Also, I'd like to know who people's second suspicions are, because it seems to me like most of us have only really stated one, and we really ought to let our other feelings out there.
As the deadline approaches I would want to look at PEG or wolframhart, two players who really have been providing little contributions to the thread. Easjo would be another player given that he’s active lurking in my book.

@ Nacho– Could you give us your thoughts the thread so far?

@ easjo682 – Since you no longer are voting who do you find suspicious?

@Greendude – Again since we are approaching deadline and you have an idle vote who do you find suspicious?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #292 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Help I've been prodded. Help me.

Ok, I'll be back later after dinner with something substantial.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #299 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm

GreenDude wrote:I've just been reading easjo and it seems that he hasn't posted much at all. And not written more than 3 lines.

I think that mafiassk can be perceived in one way to be scummy but if you look at it a different way, there is logical explanations. So I would rather
vote:easyjo
Hmm ... did you bother to look at PEG, wolframhart or any of the others of us with lower activity? Seems like easjo is just a convienant target since others (mostly Deathsauce) have been hitting that drum for awhile.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #337 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:57 am

Unvote, Vote: easjo.

I've got a number of comments regarding MafiaSSK's posts on the last two pages but those will have to come in a bit.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #343 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 am

DeathSauce wrote:Looks like L-2 to me
Very true, but it seems unlikely in these last hours that another wagon is going to take shape. The rules state that at deadline the player with the most votes will be lynched, so easjo looks like a foregone conclusion.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #348 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:05 am

Greendude wrote:I read through easjo and I if you would like I will show what certain posts drawed my attention.
Nthing the requests for some actual content to support your statements.
Greendude wrote:It's called a bandwagon.
Other than you pedantic response based on terminology you didn’t answer my question. Why didn’t you look at anyone else besides easjo. Given a full 7 is not required to lynch at deadline there is no reason to skip over wolframhart, PEG or even myself in looking for a suspect. Your post reads to me that you simply picked the player under fire other than MafiaSSK and voted for them. Because if you did the work involved you should be able to show the posts, which you have yet to do.
SAMP wrote: Secondly, yes she's convenient, but now's not exactly the best time to go after inconvenient targets. We got three days to decide on a lynch, so if you're gonna lead the charge on someone right now, you better have a hell of a case backing you
As I said above … the player with the most votes at deadline will be lynched if we do not hammer. I see nothing bad at making a case against a player you feel is scummy. It at least shows you are scum-hunting.
MafiaSSK wrote:
Been too lazy.
Do you know how many ads I would have to click x out of? With these few posts I've had about 70 ads come about. Now summary , please?
My emphasis added. If you are too lazy to take care of the problem on your system you have no right to continually complain about the adware.
MafiaSSK wrote: Because you are attacking me by not providing me with a summary of the case against me which I can access more easily with one post then having to go over several pages.
The cases against you have been plentifully posted. Your technical issues to not require extra effort on everyone else’s part.
MafiaSSK wrote: 1. There's no such thing as a scum OSV.
Yes but there is the scum FakeClaim. This may get you off the lynch today but doesn’t alleviate my suspicion about you.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #392 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 am

I forgot this earlier ..

Bah Bah Black Sheep! :D

Good luck town!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #671 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:05 pm

It's MME and Wolf ...

Did I just see someone roll Dice in LYLO?

Ok scum spill it ... why NK little old me Night 1?

Good game to the scum ... before I saw the set-up MME would not have made my top 5 list for scum. Interesting inventor claim there DS.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”