Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Copper »

Hello everyone, good to be here.

Vote:Ythan
because he seems to be a fan of spamming up the thread and I am a fan of that not happening.

As I recall, Cyberbob was recently issued an 'indefinite ban' from general discussion. I could easily see this leading into him leaving the site entirely.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Copper »

I'm talking about frequency, not content. You seem to be making a point to personally reply to every single post, and if you keep this up the thread will be twice as big as it should be.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Copper »

Ythan 27 wrote:You should check my other games.
After doing so, I implore you -
do not do that here.

Inquisitor JL 43 wrote:posting > lack of posting

Surely it is better for him to post loads of posts with not much in instead of a few posts with not much in. Even if what is added in each post is limited, surely it's better for our chances of finding the mafia if more is posted than less. Or am I missing something here?
It's a matter of degree. Let's assume we're talking about a vanilla townie. If you don't post much, with not much in, then the town may very well waste a mislynch on you, but that will be it. Now, if you post a lot with not much in, it drags everyone down. People look at their watched topics, see four new pages, and lose motivation. People besides the spammer post less. It becomes harder to find the real content buried in the noise.

In essence, while a lurker ruins their slot, a spammer ruins everything for everyone. Posting is better than not posting, but posting a moderate ammount and having everything be relevant is far, far superior to posting a lot for trivial things.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Copper »

Ythan wrote:There is nothing to keep any player in this game from keeping up.
The fact that it is
possible
for us to overcome your anti-town actions isn't exactly a justification. Players who check in, say, once a day, should never feel like they are failing to keep up. Making townies feel rushed and useless is not a good thing to do.
Rayfrost wrote:Copper, would you be bothered if I tried to figure out who the heads of you are?
You're certainly welcome to voice speculation, though we'll never answer whether you're right or wrong (except for extreme values of wrong) and we won't answer questions that are just trying to narrow down our identity.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Copper »

You misunderstand. I'm not trying to set up a policy lynch, I'm trying to prevent one. Your post 57 and what I read of your other games suggests that you have the wrong idea about how much you should post (namely, that there is no upper limit to a good amount of posting, and if others fail to keep up it's their problem) and I'm trying to defuse that now before it turns in to a policy lynch situation.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Copper »

Thor665 wrote:She is totally scum and I have it on good authority she always cracks under pressure depending on her current meta of choice.
Would you care to indulge us and just expand on this idea a little bit? It seems as if you have more that you can add here, and I'm curious as to what it is.
Ythan wrote:I'm torn between agreeing and wanting to say so and not wanting to make another post.
Are you being delibrately obtuse, Ythan? Perhaps you just log in too much? I don't think CheshireCat or Thor will throw a fit if you don't specifically respond to each of their posts within the hour, and I know we certainly won't. I think you understand what everyone is telling you, but you are being kind of stubborn about it. If you want to defend your post oversaturation, that's fine, but be upfront about it. This idea that, "I want to make a post where I agree with you... but I guess I have to post again!! ;) ;) ;)", is silly.

And our best wishes go out to SFG. Get well soon.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Copper »

Thor's right on the level. This thread is rapidly degenerating into exactly the thing I'm worried about.

I want everyone to apply the follow standard for posting. When you've written something, before you hit submit, think: what is the purpose of this post? Does it contribute to the game overall?

If your response is, 'No, but it's funny," then don't post it.

If your response is, 'No, but it tells the others about me as a person," then don't post it. (This is what the talk about age would fall under.)

If your response is, 'to establish that I /ninja'd," then - all together now -
don't post it.

There's also the point that even a game relevant thought doesn't always deserve it's own post, if it's short and insignificant enough.

I'm curious as to why SFG dropped her vote on Cyber being replaced when she was happy to vote him when we had yet to confirm, and even more curious why she sequed from this to another safe, RVS-esque (unless you're seriously advocating a lynch on JL...?) kind of vote.

I'd like to point out that people already thinking that they 'need to re-read' this early in the game is exactly what a lot of quick back and fourths generates.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Copper »

Ythan wrote:The avatar suits you perfectly.
I want everyone to apply the follow standard for posting. When you've written something, before you hit submit, think: what is the purpose of this post? Does it contribute to the game overall?

If your response is, 'No, but it's funny," then don't post it.
I'm not saying we can't be friendly, but it's not that hard to embed little jokes in a larger post instead of making them their own worthless post.

This is (barring any ninjaing, which I'm sure Rayfrost will hasten to mention) the 146th post of a game that
should not be at 146 posts.
It's going to be a lot harder for the mod to find replacements if he has to put a note in the replacement queue saying 'Day One - 40 pages'.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Copper »

SFG wrote:Inquisitor JL, henceforth referred to as IJL, wins (or perhaps loses) the Paucity of Posting award, with a grand total of 3 posts total thus far. Have a vote!
vote: IJL
I have had no problem with Inquisitor's posts. Did you read them for content at all, or is this purely a vote based on post count?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Copper »

@Copper - your vote is on ythan, presumably based on the way he is posting and if what I am hearing about his meta is correct, is typical for him in any role. Are there any other reasons you have your vote on him? Is there anyone else you would consider voting at this point?
This is an RVS vote, and while it's nonrandom in the sense that I used it as an excuse to air a grievance in the hopes that it might change things for the better, it's not grounds that I'm interested in pursuing a lynch on.

I'd certaintly consider voting just about anyone at this point except for Thor. However, there are a few questions flying about I'd like answered before I put down a more serious vote. With the various spam that put us to page six it's easy to forget that not all that much has happened yet.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Copper »

Pom wrote:I don't, but when someone does something (like what Scrambles did) I like to check background- if the person who had done that was 30, I would have definitely placed a vote. I guess I have different standards, because it seems to me that it's more likely for a 13-year-old to go 'Huh? Omgus? Policy Lynch? Claim?' than someone who is 30.
Sotty has a good point, and it seems like you're holding back for some reason. I don't think you're the most guilty of that, though. There's another player (possibly multiple, but I'm focusing on one) here that has been consistently holding back. I've been waiting for him to make a move; I feel as though he's been uncharacteristically in the background so far.

Unvote; vote: RayFrost
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Copper »

RayFrost wrote:If I had to vote, it would be on bob the builder.

Seriously, I wouldn't be voting anybody.

If I actually HAD to vote, I'd just vote nobody special for the closest thing to a policy lynch that isn't a policy lynch.

@ copper...

reasoning is tech.

become tech soon for a grand prize!
Well isn't this just beautiful.

Starts by saying that he can't even imagine himself hypothethically contributing, and then follows it up with a cryptic little insult.

What reasoning, exactly, am I missing? Is this about you saying you're playing against your meta? Are you saying that you're going against your old meta of contributing and are now trying out a new strategy of not contributing?

I'm very happy with my vote right now.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Copper »

RayFrost wrote:Because you didn't talk about me at all in the post where you voted me...
Thor wrote:At the very least I find his zapping of Copper for "not giving reasons" slightly odd since he's still harping on it after a post where Copper gave his reasons (well, reason) rather then responding to the accusation of not actually contributing to town.
This.

I don't know what "reasoning is tech" means, but I genuinely feel as though RayFrost is trying to fly under the radar here, which seems unlike him.

Additionally, as Thor brings up, Cheshire, Nobody Special, and Zorblag shouldn't get a pass for their inactivity either. The reason RayFrost stands out from this group is both his just being there, and now his defensiveness over being called out for it rather than just admitting to his noncontributions and attempting to rectify it.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 am

Post by Copper »

Dismiss it all you want, Ythan, but I think Thor brings up some valid points here.

Your post 227 in particular rubs me the wrong way. I realize "hate to do it" is a figure of speech, but your posts have a consistent tone as though your arm is being twisted. No one is forcing you to do anything. Either you think RayFrost is worthy of your vote, or you don't. You're going to have to defend your position either way.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Copper »

@Copper - what are your thoughts on ScramblestheDeathDealer's recent reaction to Nobody Special?
It's hasty, ill informed, and contradictory, but it's also something I can (just) see as reasonable if you're coming from a viewpoint of "bandwagoning is scummy".

Scrambles, the fact is that bandwagoning is a crucial part of the game. It's entirely fallacious to say "Nobody Special voted Rayfrost without strong reasoning: whatever Ray flips, Nobody Special is doing this from a scummy viewpoint". Some high pressure wagoning is exactly what the town needs right now to establish an atmosphere that's not so scum-friendly. Obviously, not every non-contributor is scum or we'd be endgamed already. But the first step to finding the scum is making everyone speak up. As long as the scum can hide in silence without being struck I can't imagine how you hope to find them.

On the note, there has been entirely too little voting in this game. I want everyone not voting to vote for someone in their next post.

Sotty, it's an interesting line of thought you're following on SFG's replacement, but I'd be careful not to look too hard. There are many reasons people want to replace out of games, and I'm not so sure I'm comfortable ascribing a clear scum motivation to SFG leaving. That being said, it's the prevailing wisdom that scum replace out proportionally more than townies, and that's something I certainly intend to keep in mind.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:@The assembled Ray wagon - I am not fond of this wagon but will admit it is mostly for a bit of a stupid reason (frankly I feel like Ray's trying to be lynched). I would like each of you to comment on what you think Ray has done that paints him as scum (or as anti-town, but then at least admit you're voting for him for being anti-town as opposed to scummy).
This vote is, oddly enough, for the reason that you are not fond of it: that there is an agressive, 'I dare you to lynch me' attitude in his behavior. To be perfectly frank, if I wanted to hit a non-contributor all I'd really have to do is spin around and point randomly. The difference is that Ray's non-posting seems to be of a more confrontational sort as opposed to the at least seemingly geniune lurking from Zorblag or Saijin. Of all of the lurkers, Ray strikes me as the least earnest.

That being said, Cheshsire is a very close second. After her huffy 'I AM hunting scum thank you very much' posts it's worrying that she couldn't find anything better than a one-line explanation lurkervote (particularly when, as Thor points out, there are worse offenders among us.)

No comment quite yet on the recent fallout between Ythan and NS.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Copper »

Are you stalling, RayFrost? I don't get what's so hard. You've played games before, many of them.

Why can you not give a substantial post? You don't need to ask your fellow players "how" you should play.

I agree with Zorblag's critical read of CheshireCat. So far as I can tell, Cheshire is completely coasting through the game, and her vote on Zorblag is seemingly trivial.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Copper »

Believe me, I've read them. I've played with you multiple times, and I know at least one other person using this account has played with you before as well. It has nothing to do with you "playing well". I recognize you are prone to more fluffy posts, but I'm not even seeing that here. I feel like you're just stonewalling all of us. "I'm not playing to my meta", "Don't try to read me", "You decide how I should play", "I'll post later", etc. I've seen you vote people before, and I've seen you interrogate before. I certainly would not call you a heavy poster or someone who makes wall posts, but I also know you're a capable player.

You're stalling in the sense that your last five or six posts have had nothing to do with the game or the other players in it. You're talking about Jesters, making promises to post, making posts about how you are going to post... just stop doing that. Stop delaying.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Copper »

Welcome, Kthxbye.

This town is somewhat suffering from a lack of motivation on the part of a few players. One of the bigger discussions going on is who is actually lurking versus who is deliberately stalling discussion.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Copper »

Kthxbye, I'd thank you to keep your rolefishing to yourself. I don't buy it anyways; I don't see anything like that in RayFrost's posts.

That being said, Ythan is not a wagon I would argue against. Ythan's response to Kthx, in typical Ythan fashion, is casual and nearsighted. There's a much bigger picture here that I don't think Ythan is getting. Whether or not he's delibrately being stuck in his ways or he's truly unaware of what he's doing remains to be seen however.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Copper »

That Sotty vote really looks like a reach, but since Ythan is always in a frantic post mode, it's hard to tell if he's acting nervous or not.

Sajin is a total disgrace, Inquisitor and Cheshire seemed to have completely checked out of this game, and Pomegranate's absence has definitely been noticable.

Just getting a majority with the remaining players could be quite a feet, let alone analyzing any claims we get. Ythan, you are the only one who can make decisions for yourself, but I can tell you right now I'm neither taken by your Sotty vote, nor your Kthxbye/NS vote. I maintain that I would prefer a RayFrost lynch, and, failing that, a Cheshire lynch. But if neither of those players can collect enough votes, Ythan is likely my third choice.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Copper »

Cheshire Cat is at L-2. While I can't find any good reason not to vote Cheshire and a patchwork town like this demands we take action sooner rather than later, it's still a little unnerving to see this speed.

Locke, CSL: Cheshire has provided next to nothing in terms of real votes, analysis, and the like, but the same can be said about half the player list. I'm interested to hear why you two chose that particular lurker and not the others.

The interactions between Ythan (now Locke), Rayfrost, and Nobody Special (now kthnxbye) need more discussion within the hydra before we can incorporate them in our vote. I think it's a fairly uncontroversial position that Ythan and Nobody Special/kthnkxbye cannot be scumbuddies, as planning a move like that would have been incredibly unethical. The pairing of Rayfrost and Ythan is more interesting. I'll leave the vote on Ray for now while we wait for the thread to start up again but after the outburst between him and Ythan I'm not as sure as I was about Rayfrost being scum.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Copper »

I'm not always for lynching whoever would give us the most information, seeing as an effective scum ploy is to make as few connections as possible and I don't want to stay my hand from lynching scum. But in this case, it's a valid point. Pomegrante says that she's willing to lynch TCC because her content hasn't improved, but what kind of reason is that? What possible negative repercussions could come from letting TCC talk a few more days?

I'm going to echo Rayfrost's 538 and say that I really don't like kthnx's hop on to TCC. Has all of your Ythan suspicion disappeared with his replacement? Any reason you decided not to label your vote as the penultimate one?

The gameflow is increasingly seeming to suggest that TCC is a townie the scum are trying to burn for her lack of content. If we look among Locke, CSL, and kthnxbye, I think there will be at least one and very possibly two scum. Before I vote for any of them, though, I'd like to hear each of their thoughts on my idea and whether or not they think their co-wagoners (as before, only counting the other two in Locke, CSL, and kthxbye) could be scum.

And I was reminded while looking at TCC's wagon that we haven't seen JL in some time.
Mod: please prod InquisitorJL
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by Copper »

Copper wrote:The gameflow is increasingly seeming to suggest that TCC is a townie the scum are trying to burn for her lack of content. If we look among Locke, CSL, and kthnxbye, I think there will be at least one and very possibly two scum.
People are getting all hot and bothered over the possibility of a TCC lynch, so its frustrating to have to continually attempt to bring them back down to reality. I know I've been guilty of similar slams against TCC earlier in the game, but I think I've reached a bit of a turning point. TCC isn't treating this game with much respect, that's for sure. If we didn't have as much of a replacement crisis in this game as we did, I would have scolded the Mod for not getting on top of the situation. Be that as it may, the TCC voters are remiss to point out what moves TCC from being anti-town to being potentially mafia.

Zorblag has stated that more often than not we'll find those attempting to lay low as scum, but I think we can all agree that would be a relative barometer at best. In a perfect world, where players who made commitments to games knowing full well that they usually go on for several weeks, I would be more content at using activity as a measurement of alignment, but I just can't put aside the fact that TCC has all the makings of a townie who is in over her head.

On the other hand, why should this town have to carry around TCC, knowing full well that, town or not, she will likely continue to prevent the town from advancing in discussion and debate on other players? But how many of those on the TCC wagon are content with saying that their vote is essentially a policy vote?

Insomuch as the case against Kthx has been made by RayFrost, I tend to see more there than not. Still, as much of a broken record as I sound, I can't honestly say I'm ready to abandon RayFrost, or possibly Locke, as our lynch today. I think with Ythan and RayFrost's unfortunate and awkward game discussion outside of the thread, the town owes it to itself to see at least one of these players in the noose.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:43 am

Post by Copper »

RayFrost wrote:How does that make us the lynch choice?

Seriously, a discussion like that isn't exactly lynch-worthy.

The mods have dealt with it.

Why are you trying so hard to get a lynch on me/locke? Why are you using a non-game-related reason?
Perhaps you missed it, but I've been on your wagon since before Ythan was removed from the game. I don't know where you've gotten the idea that my only reason for wanting to lynch you is a discussion that took place outside of the thread. That's only part of the reason.

The Mods have indeed dealt with it, and I'll of course respectfully refrain from picking apart said discussion. One can't change what's happened though, and it's only an added layer in an otherwise multi-layered case for lynching you or Locke.
RayFrost wrote:Also, you see my kthx case, but you still want to lynch me for a non-game-related reason.

How does this make sense?
Are you really arguing that scum can't make accurate arguments against other players? Because I heartily disagree. As I said, I see the points against Kthx, but I'm not inclined to act upon them at the moment. I think it's more of a playstyle issue than one of calculated scum strategy. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm ready to say I'm sure Kthx is town or scum; I thought that much would be clear.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:...did you actually just jump in and try to answer my question to Hawthorne before he could?
I didn't address you or HH in that post. I clarified, to the best of my abilities, Copper's current position on TCC. I think our general consensus is that TCC is not the best lynch today (unless the lynch is intended to be purely political).
Thor wrote:If you can clarify without breaking any rules I'd love to hear it.
I think it would be okay to say that I'm worried Ythan/RayFrost may or may not have knowledge of each other's roles in this game. Like I was telling RayFrost though, this is all auxillary to the fact that both Ythan and RayFrost have been scummy. Copper has voted Ythan and RayFrost at separate times before Ythan was replaced. This can't be disputed, and, as a matter of fact, specific, clear posts indicating this can very easily be pointed to.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Copper »

With the Mod's recent computer problems, I can understand the lack of vigilance with prod checks. That being said, I'd like to perform an informal prod and ask CSL if he is so much as reading this thread. Even if you are unable to respond with anything more than 'I'm here', please do so the first time you see this.

I'd also like to clarify further on TCC that the reason we are voting her is not because we think her content is satisfactory in any way. It's simply that the smooth slide of votes on to her was too easy. While Zorblag is correct in his observation that if TCC is scum her buddies would certainly be thinking about bussing, bussing doesn't
look like this
- a quiet procession of voters each silently creeping on to the wagon without acknowledgement of those at their rear. But I'm worried that TCC has taken the disinterest in her lynch and interpreted it as acceptance of her current content and activity levels, which is not at all the case.

I'd encourage players to start asking people they know to potentially replace in to this game. (And thank Sotty for already taking up this mantle.)
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Copper »

I should clarify on how I'm using the word glided. In general, early wagon votes are different than late wagon votes. Early wagon votes are often spur of the moment, done for various reasons that aren't necessarily hunting scum, and can be done without a single bit of warning or reasoning. Late wagon votes, by contrast, usually come with a quoted argument that the voter agrees with or a short discussion as to why this lynch is better than the other candidates. There's also usually at least a bit of questioning done between the voter and the person being wagoned.

What's striking about TCC is that she was put to L-1 entirely by early wagon votes. Not a single person, to my knowledge, acknowledged that there were other people voting for TCC. No one had questions for TCC or were interested in any sort of defense. Not any discussion as to why TCC's lack of content made her more likely scum than anyone else's lack of content.

If TCC had been brought to L-1 because people wanted to policy lynch a non-contributor and chance had left her the easiest lynch candidate, I would have had no issue with the argument, and probably even hammered in a few days if no better wagon had come up. But that is not how this wagon was formed.
Every single person voting for TCC voted as though they were the first person on the wagon
. As such, my suspicions aren't aimed at JL, who really was the first vote on the wagon. It's Locke, CSL, and kthnxbye. All three of those posted as though they had, independently, found TCC's brand of nothing more scummy than the other kinds of nothing floating around. TCC quickly became the largest wagon and everyone voting for her tried their damnedest to pretend that it wasn't a wagon at all.

Locke's subsequent unvote of TCC shows that he certainly didn't think TCC was objectively the most scummy, and it's interesting that Locke said "Well, of course there's no way anyone can defend TCC, but pointing out that votes might actually result in a lynch - now that's scummy." Add that to the long-standing suspicion on Ythan and I would have no qualms lynching this slot.

However I think CSL comes off the worst from this. His vote was the epitome of a first-wagon vote. In fact, "where I come from, smilies are a scumtell" is more of an RVS justification than anything, and I'm not exactly fond of an RVS vote that puts someone to L-2. I have been patiently waiting for further illumination from CSL and he has, while posting frequently in other places, ignoring this thread entirely. I've hesitated from voting for him before he says more, but given the close deadline and the increasingly large span of time CSL has been ignoring the thread, the next time he comes back I want him to clearly realize exactly what the stakes are.

unvote, vote: CSL

As for kthnx, I can't help but feel that the back and fourth between Henry Hathaway and Thor will shed some light on the feasibility of knthxbye being scum, and I want to wait on that. It's also interesting that I feel the clash between two unrelated players should be relevant at all regarding whether or not a third one is scum.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Copper »

Zorblag wrote:Have any of the heads of your hydra had experience playing with CSL? Troll no minds the vote you be casting but Troll be curious if it be cast with any knowledge of his meta.
Yes, but, to be honest, he hasn't exactly posted much verifying this meta. As a matter of fact, I happen to know CSL is actually quite active, so for him to coast on the TCC lynch as though it was an obvious choice (to answer your other concern) is quite alarming in contrast to your more level-headed, documented approach.

Your rationale is understandable, albeit debatable. Given the fact that TCC basically left the website (she's being replaced in her other games), I wouldn't say it's as easy to say she is lurking scum here.
Thor wrote: This commentary is far too wide catching and general for my taste. That's why I asked you who you found scummy for this. You ought to be willing to clarify who the tell has picked up on now that you have discussed it. Otherwise this looks a touch mudsling-ingy (proper Enlish is gold!).
I would say the issue is more with Inquisitor, CSL, and Kthx, as has been alluded to.
Kthx wrote:At this point, I'm not going to take my vote off TCC. Even though I questioned CSL above, I have been burnt too many times by being suspicious of someone, them replacing out, moving on to give the replacement a chance, only to find out I was right to begin with and the initial suspicion was correct. TCC is still my number one lynch for today, followed by LL for his jumping on my wagon then disappearing and letting others debate it. HH takes third place for scummiest till He/she decides to build a real case not based on magical strategy.
I think I can understand this. I just feel like I'm the only person here who see TCC for what I would suspect she really is. A disinterested townie who joined this website thinking it would be a lot of action and entertainment, but left with the impression that it's just a bunch of people arguing with each other.

I'm not going to deny that TCC has came under my suspicions at one point or another, but that was before she effectively left this website. When you have players like charter and CSL saying this means she's obvious scum, well, that's not exactly easy to swallow.
Locke wrote:CSL is hard to comment on other than to say he's being intensely anti-town. Still no other justification for his TCC vote other than smilies and he's now apparently sure that TCC is scum trying to get out of a lynch. I would like CSL to give his views on pretty much everyone, but especially TCC and those on the Kthxbye wagon.
Agreed. What makes it doubly frustrating is how the last time I played with CSL, he had a very feisty and aggressive nature.
charter wrote:If I missed something terribly important, let me know.
Did you want to add anything about the player you replaced?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Copper »

EBWOP:
I would say the issue is more with Inquisitor, CSL, and Kthx, as has been alluded to.
While this is not my post, I feel safe in assuming that Inquisitor's name is a typo and that Locke's was intended.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Copper »

I'm worried about the number of people still on TCC's wagon. Zorblag, while your initial justification was sound enough, I would like for you to either re-justify why TCC is still superior to all other lynches or switch. Kthnx, I've given my reasons on why TCC's actions and the general gameflow suggest that she is town, and your confirming of the vote has completely ignored my speculation and offers no real answer as to why TCC is the MOST anti-town noncontributor besides "she was my first and I have been burned by sometimes changing my mind". Charter has gone so far as to say that both TCC and I must be scumbuddies for my arguing that she is town - while simultaneously ignoring my arguments on why I think that. If anyone still wants to lynch TCC, then I want to hear your intrepretation of events. Are there busing scum on her wagon - and if so, what slots? If there are no busing scum, then how did her wagon swell with such speed?

And this recent rush on to Pomegrante has left a terrible taste in my mouth. They are valid points - but the fact that this town seems to be ready for a new wagon makes me wonder why everyone is tip-toeing around CSL so carefully. Scrambles left no great pro-town legacy, and CSL's net contribution was an L-2 vote on TCC because where he comes from, smilies are a scumtell. As I've said previously, looking at the gameflow makes this a scummy spot to sit, it's a lacking justification, and - in contrast to previous meta experience - CSL has not returned to say anything more, despite promises to do so. Sotty and Thor, what exactly makes Pomegrante a better lynch than CSL? This is particularly valid in light of the fact that Sotty agrees with the idea of TCC being town, which gives CSL's vote a highly sensible scum context to go along with it's terrible justification, and Thor has
specifically
mentioned feeling 'skeevy' about CSL's vote on TCC but for whatever reason doesn't discuss the idea of lynching him.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Copper »

I haven't called your vote rushed. Obviously, with our shared distrust of Cheshire's wagon, it's high time for your vote to switch. The phrase rush was not in terms of your specific vote, it was that there was suddenly a lot of people picking her all at once, either with votes or adding her to their 'lynch lists', and, in much of the same vein as TCC's wagon, I'm leery about one light contributor suddenly being gunned for more than worse offenders.

As for justified lurking, I know a least a chunk of Pom's inactivity has been her weekly V/LA and CSL's signature is not regarding being overloaded on games but rather a desire to not play games at all that was only subverted because he cross-replaced with CC. This is a justification that only works for his lurking insofar as it's possible that CSL is avoiding helping the town not because he's scum but because he doesn't care about us at all. If that's the case, that's not exactly a good reason to not lynch CSL.

I will agree that your third point is valid. Pom does have a curt tone that does make it seem like she feels forced to give her opinions.

And thank you for your correction of who replaced who. The site has been sluggish for me so I didn't have a chance to check. That being said, I think the statement 'Saijin and SFG left no great pro-town legacy' is equally valid and the point remains the same.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Copper »

Zorblag wrote: @Copper, that be a bit more of what Troll expected from you. What was it that made you think that Troll's initial vote for TheCheshireCat over ScramblesTheDeathDealer or Ythan was justified? Troll was pretty up in the air about which of them would be the best place to put the vote at the time. For Troll to change Troll's vote now wouldn't Troll need to think that someone else was a better choice? That be more the way that Troll operates when a vote be in play than thinking that Troll needs to continue to think that the current vote be explicitly better than any other. Barring some contribution from that spot that Troll likes or something from another spot Troll particularly dislikes Troll no sees why Troll should be moving Troll's vote unless it be to prevent a no lynch.

As I've said, TCC hasn't done anything particularly pro-town. When you placed your vote, she was one of many acceptable choices. But now, I'm contending that the games events have strongly suggested TCC is a townie, with at least some agreement from other players. This isn't about waiting for contribution you like from that slot, it's about this:
Copper wrote:If anyone still wants to lynch TCC, then I want to hear your intrepretation of events. Are there busing scum on her wagon - and if so, what slots? If there are no busing scum, then how did her wagon swell with such speed?

Sotty wrote:I take it that this is one of the hydra heads who hasn't played with CSL, because if you had you would know CSL doesn't often follow the best logic, scum or town he ALWAYS looks scummy. so I am going to need more than one post to make a choice on if CSL is scummy or not. He is very hard to read because of this meta.
I - this being the same I that wrote the last two posts - have full awareness of CSL's meta. And I want you to consider what you're saying. Remember, our vote on CSL is not because of scummy things he has said in this thread or bad 'logic'. It's because he hasn't said a damn thing and his one action in thread was to put the L-2 vote on a wagon we believe to be a scum-driven attempt at a mislynch. Votes and stated logic are different things.

CSL hasn't gotten a chance to say the scummy things that meta would make us hesitant to pursue, and my case on him is not dependent on those. However, the knowledge that even if he decides to become involved in this game, he is a player that is known to be difficult to read, always looks scummy, and doesn't often follow the best logic, seems to be yet another point in favor of his lynch instead of against. We have no shortage of lurkers to chose from for a lynch. I contend that an apathetic one, in a scummy wagon spot, in possession of a 'difficult to read' meta, is the best choice.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Copper »

Charter wrote: Scummy posts of Copper:
542, defends TCC big time after he gets put at L-1. Goes on about how it's scum fueled and how we need to let TCC post more and live a few more days. It assumes that TCC is town when I don't know how he could know that.
You do realize that day meant real life day and not game day, yes? Why must you assume someone is town to want to hear what they have to say a little longer? I've already given my reasons as to why I think TCC is town, but wanting to hear from someone at L-1 is something that's true regardless of what I think their alignment is and I'm not sure what else you're suggesting.
572, tacks on the reason of "I think with Ythan and RayFrost's unfortunate and awkward game discussion outside of the thread, the town owes it to itself to see at least one of these players in the noose." as to why we should lynch Ray. That's not a reason why Ray is scum, but it is a reason to try and lynch him, something scum need to think up.
I still think that with the ferocity of that argument there's a good chance there's hidden information (which would mean scum in a daystart game at D1) in there. For now, I'm waiting for a bit more concrete information before pursuing that line of thought.
590, votes CSL because CSL voted TCC. I took CSL's vote as a joke, because there's no way 'smilies=scum' is a passable reason to vote someone, but Copper is saying it's scummy.
And you're saying you don't think putting someone to L-2 with a joke vote is scummy?
Your argument is 'the wagon grew too fast' which doesn't make TCC town. You can have a wagon on scum grow just as fast as a wagon on town. It's just a reason that sounds good, but isn't valid.
As I said before:
If anyone still wants to lynch TCC, then I want to hear your intrepretation of events. Are there busing scum on her wagon - and if so, what slots? If there are no busing scum, then how did her wagon swell with such speed?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Copper »

Pom & charter: Is it normally a habit of either of you to try to select scum pairs on Day 1, before any flips or investigations?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Copper »

It do be somewhat interesting to Troll that you seem to think that looking for scum pairings this early be a dubious thing and also ask those who be voting for TheChesireCat to do exactly that.
I think it's normally iffy to look for scumpairs without any solid information. But Cheshire is a special case. I don't think it's possible that it was a wagon entirely pushed by town, because it would be quite the coincidence that Locke, CSL, and kthnx were all townies all rushing to push this wagon. As such, people who want to say that TCC is scum have a special obligation to either give names of potential busers or try to defend the idea of every wagoner being town. The difference this and most scumpair analysis is that, while we don't have the concrete information of a flip, we do have the information of the circumstances of TCC's wagon that I'm willing to treat as fairly strong.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Copper »

I'll have to echo Zorblag in regards to Pomegranate. She is very probably scum lynch bait, but a Pomegranate lynch is much better than a no-lynch. With twelve or so hours to deadline - and those hours including the low activity period of night in the United States - we have frighteningly little room to maneuver.

unvote, vote: Pomegranate
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:Your last few posts included concern of the 'rush' attitude on recent wagons. Now you chide us for not getting stuff together in time (this one at least I agree with). I just find the two concepts in juxtaposition as they are to be unclear. The fact that you feel we have so little time to maneuver but sat on a single vote wagon and weren't here trying to sell it more makes me question why you're complaining now.
I'm not complaining, merely resigned. I would respectfully disagree regarding the CSL wagon: I feel that I have done the best job I could to sell it but, seeing as no one save Pom has chosen to join me (as well as CSL skipping out on the thread), I now have no choice but to join the only wagon that's happening today. I do think this wagon feels somewhat rushed and I'm not particularly confident it will hit scum, but I don't think it's a contradiction of these ideas to say that I nonetheless prefer this lynch to a no-lynch.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Copper »

Let's hope no one else forgot about this game during the long period of absence.

The Henry kill has me scratching my head. My assumption was that a high-activity player would be the kill, and the scum would encourage this massive turnover. Picking a lurker like HH doesn't make too much sense. While it could be for WIFOM purposes, causing a bit of confusion simply doesn't seem like a legitimate scum reason to do the town's job in hitting a lurker. Did anyone here get a PR read off of Scrambles/Henry? I personally did not, but if the scum did that would be one possible explanation. There's also the chance that kthnx is scum and worried that Henry would return and revitalize the case against him.

Fate, I have a question of you. The mod's post gave the impression that you were allowed to choose what slot you replaced in to. I'm curious as to why you chose CSL's slot over TCC's.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Copper »

Fate, I have to say I'm not quite seeing your line of thought. In one breath, it looks as though you're nearly certain that TCC/Socrates is scum. But lines like this:
Fate wrote: Poor Socrates. But I was in a game against him where he was scum. That's why I'm calling for pressure on Socrates until he makes good on his "posting promises." I am NOT letting that slot lurk for one more page especially with a mastermind scummer like Socrates in it.
and this:
Fate wrote:TCC flip today tells us A LOT, as much as I hate losing Socrates as a good player, his slot has way too many connections. At least he can help us while he's here, and who knows, maybe he'll convince us he's found scum.
make it sound more like a fatalistic policy lynch for information. If you're thinking he's scum, then I'm curious as to why you think he will help us while he's here.
Speaking of you, TCC's flip should tell us a lot about Copper. I'm reading now at TCC was at L-2, and then Copper goes and votes... CSL? Before the TCC replacement dismantled the wagon?

Tech prediction: Scum had no choice but to buss TCC because of how awful he was, then a replacement comes in and they get an excuse to shift it over to randomtarget #45: Pom.
I have already given my reasoning on why I believe TCC (and thus, Socrates) to be a townie. As I've said multiple times to other people in this thread, if you want to contend that TCC has been bussed by her scumbuddies, I want to know who you think those bussing buddies are.

kthnxbye wrote:Vote: Copper

It's my experience that when scum make a NK action that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, the first person to bring it up is usually scum. Not to mention that I agree with the part that I would have thought scum would kill a more active player...unless, you know, the scum was a very active player.
The fact that it is a personal attack on myself aside, this stance simply doesn't make any sense. If you're a townie, there is a very strong chance the scum are attempting to frame you, and your reaction is that night-kill analysis itself is scummy - that if we all agreed to not use this source of information it would be impossible for night kills to frame people. While this is true, it's obviously sub-optimal - and, more to the point, you yourself go against this idea with your very next sentence.

The points of your post 707 are that 1.) using nightkill analysis to help find the scum is scummy and 2.) you think Copper is scum because of nightkill analysis. You'll forgive me for failing to find your viewpoint earnest.

And to jump back to fate:
Fate wrote:Now, Copper, I have a question for you. Why are you meta-gaming the NK so much? Do you think Kthx is really scum just because the person suspecting him died? Do you have any other reads?
I think the night kill is a useful source of information and I hardly think that a paragraph of thought is 'so much', especially when it's the new information that heralded the start of the day.

I do not think that the case makes kthnx certain scum. That's what qualifiers like 'There's also the chance' are meant to signify.

I do have other reads, and they aren't exactly easy to miss. You are still my most likely bet for scum, but I was waiting on that line of thought for you to get some content of your own off the ground. That being said, your heavy-handed threats against Sotty and myself, particularly in light of the fact that you think the scum bussed TCC, are not doing much to alleviate my suspicions.

Vote: Fate
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by Copper »

Fate wrote:Also, you didn't answer, why did you ask me why I choose the slot I did? What read did you think you would get by asking such a question?
Although the amount of replacements in this game has been unusual, the Mod giving the replacement the choice on who he wants to replace in, I would argue, is definitely not standard practice. Surely this choice implies that you looked over the game before making your selection, and there are all sorts of strings attached to this. Was CSL a "better" slot? Did you think you'd be able to wield more power? Were you prepared to argue that TCC was scum? Did you not want to play as scum/town?
Fate wrote:Are you trying to shed doubt on the connections to TCC? Are you worried that once your buddy flips you'll look really bad?
Why not go the whole nine yards? Are you prepared to line up your lynches? Socrates scum automatically means Copper is the next lynch and vice versa?
Fate wrote:I'd be willing to NOT lynch you if you just provided some content.
Here it is again. In one breath, Socrates and I are both 100% scum partners, and in the next, you ask Socrates to provide enough content to give you an excuse not to vote him. Just claiming that Socrates' graceful presence is enough to justify moving your vote is bad, but when you go against it all to say he's your biggest scumread, then you're doublespeaking.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Copper »

charter wrote: Copper's first post today was ultrascummy. A load of NK WIFOM garbage coupled with a lot of nothing.
It was the first post of the day, were you expecting a wall? How is a quick framing post scummy in a way that, say, Locke's first post today is not?

I'm also curious as to why you as well seem hell-bent on ignoring the possibility of gleaning information from the night kill.

Fate wrote:Twisting my arguments, I see? So now seeing connections between playes is "lining up lynches" not "searching for the scum team." I think TCC's slot is scum, as RayFrost said before, what is wrong with looking for his partner?
The problem is that you aren't looking for TCC's partner. Your 'tech prediction' was that the scum bussed TCC before hopping over to the Pom wagon. But neither Sotty nor myself ever voted for TCC. You say that the Pom wagon was a quick attempt for scumbuddies to save TCC, but TCC had requested replacement before a single vote was on Pomegrante, and there's virtually no danger of a slot being lynched when there's no one occupying it and it has not unclaimed.

You aren't looking for TCC's 'scumbuddies', you're looking for another viable misylnch and putting in the token suspicion because it's what you came in with. If you are town, then you need to understand that your ideas need to make sense together in some way, and not just claim that your suspicions are a lump sum of your thoughts without checking them against each other. The fact that a legitimate collection of separate minds can lecture you so easily on cognitive dissonance is telling.
What do you think of another Ray Frost wagon and Sotty's advocation for it?
It's certainly not a bad wagon, but I want to hear a bit from Ray before I weigh in on the matter.
Who do you think as most likely scum on Pomegranate's wagon?
Kthnx, Zorblag, charter, and I were all more-or-less forced to go along with it, and it doesn't say anything about any of their alignments. Only Sotty, Thor, and Locke voted for Pomegranate without being under specific duress, and, as I allued to yesterday, the only thing that really puts me off about that is why the far worse offender CSL was completely ignored. It's something to consider if you flip scum, but barring that there isn't too much data to gather off of that wagon at the moment.
Why did you vote Pomegranate when she was the only person to vote CSL (me) with you? Did you think Pom+CSL was likely? Why?
Because she was the only possible lynch. I put no real thought into whether or not Pom was scum; I lynched her because otherwise we would have no-lynched.

Locke wrote: Copper: I've both made and seen NKs made for the reason that it'll make the town go 'that doesn't make any sense' and consequently waste time wondering why. If you think it doesn't make any sense, it's probably not supposed to. Even if you work out that it was because of some perceived PR slip, what have you gained?
WIFOM kills are certainty a possibility. But in this case, it's such a large reward (slowing the pace of the game thread even more) for such a small risk (seeing as several players are apparently allergic to the mere thought of looking at the night kill) that it's a bit hard to swallow.

If we were to figure out it was a perceived PR slip, we'd learn a lot of things. If it was a hard slip to find, we'd know the scum have a good eye for those, which would indicate at least one fairly competent member of the scumteam. There's also the fact that it would mean that the player has read HH's posts in some detail - and you can often tell when a player has NOT read another player's posts, in a way that 's hard to fake. It'd be town points for whoever brought up the slip in the first place. And that's just off the top of my head.

Charter wrote: The major hesitation I have with Fate is how Copper keeps coming up with these absurd reasons for suspecting him. Yesterday it was CSL made a joke vote, so that made him scum.
Once again, when a player's only contribution is a joke vote that puts the largest and fastest growing wagon to L-2, you
don't
think that's scummy?
Today it's 'the mod let Fate choose which slot he replaced in to' he's questioned him in a couple posts. Copper mixes these things that have no bearing on Fate/CSL's alignment in with things that are scummy to inflate his case, which is scummy of Copper and the reason I'm suspicious of Copper and not Fate/CSL. If it was just once I'd write it off, but there's a pattern of it happening, which I can't ignore.
The line of thought as to why he chose his slot is not at all a linchpin of the case. I've repeatedly stated why we should lynch CSL on D1, and while we've lost some of the meta and policy arguments with CSL's replacement I think Fate has more than made up for them with his actions.
How can a theory hold any more weight than a theory without actual facts? I'm not selling the "TCC WAS BUSSED" any harder than just a theory until after that slot flips. I'm not going to tunnel vision and ignore the fact it just as easily could have been a mislynch that lost traction and switched to Pom.
Locke, CSL, and kthnxbye all hopped on to Pom's wagon in quick succession. You obviously think you're town, but what about those two?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Copper »

EBWOP: That last quote is one of Fate, not charter as its placement would imply.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Copper »

CSL voted for Cheshire, not Scrambles.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Copper »

Fate wrote:If you believed strongly enough that Pom was town you could've made a switch happen.
You're overestimating my position in this town. If I had that kind of pull, RayFrost may have been the first to be lynched, not Pom.
Fate wrote:Maybe because CSL had offered just about as much to contribute if not more than TCC. I find it telling that you choose CSL over TCC out of the "Two most likely to be replaced" slots.
And why is that? How can you answer this without a bias? Of course you're going to say CSL was a great addition to the town, and TCC was significantly worse. What other choice do you have?

As discussed at length during D1, and as Sotty brings up in post 730, CSL grants us with a complete disaster of a replacement, making one or two posts with very little substance. TownCSL doesn't play that way, but more than that, replacements coming in and getting on the biggest wagon they can find? Huh? It doesn't make sense, and you not denouncing, effectively defending it by trying to push TCC in front of all else, doesn't make sense either.
Fate wrote:Scum go off on a nowhere tangents often (See: your CSL vote) just to slow town down. Then when a deadline shows up... OH QUICK GOTTA LYNCH SOMEONE! The only wagon you tried to build yesterday was on a lurker, and before that Ray Frost for breaking meta.
Neither of which were accepted by a majority of the town. Is your argument that I used reverse psychology by pushing CSL in order to get the town to focus on Pom? Again, you're overestimating my pull in this town. It was unfortunate that neither CSL nor RayFrost were adequately pressured, because RayFrost is still a bane to this town, and you're stuck trying to spin what was a somewhat hurried end to D1 into an elaborate scum stratagem.
Fate wrote:Oh yeah, speaking of which, what do you think of the new TCC, Copper? How's that switch from Kthx to me look?
Post 709? I agree with all the conclusions he reaches (with the exception of calling Kthx scum, as that's still be discussed between the players in this account), so I don't see anything wrong with it.
Locke wrote:CSL just didn't post; nor did Sajin before him, for that matter. In my book, Pome was by far the 'worse offender'.
Have you ever played with CSL, Locke?
Zorblag wrote:Troll's preference for TheCheshireCat was in part a reluctance to change votes when there no be a good reason to
When was the last time that you think TCC logged into the website? Additionally, and stop me if you've already answered this, what do you think her original intentions were in voting you, if you had to guess?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Copper »

Fate wrote:There's no danger? Why would a wagon dismantle just because someone replaced out? Usually people leave the wagon on until the replacee can come in and speak for themselves (reference: a D1 of another mini I'm in)? It is because the Pom wagon was created.
Wagons dismantle when there's little enough time that there might not be a replacement. After all, TCC wasn't replaced until night one. If you had been here day one, would you seriously want to lynch TCC's slot while it was empty and could be a PR?

Also, you don't need to vote your scumpartner to buss them. Sometimes just distancing is a stronger tell, with posts like these:
That being said, Cheshsire is a very close second. After her huffy 'I AM hunting scum thank you very much' posts it's worrying that she couldn't find anything better than a one-line explanation lurkervote (particularly when, as Thor points out, there are worse offenders among us.)

TCC was voted very soon after this was posted. And then a few posts later you say:
I think I can understand this. I just feel like I'm the only person here who see TCC for what I would suspect she really is. A disinterested townie who joined this website thinking it would be a lot of action and entertainment, but left with the impression that it's just a bunch of people arguing with each other.
WHOA THERE. Now TCC is just disinterested and not scummy?
Did you not read the very next paragraph of that post?
Copper wrote: I'm not going to deny that TCC has came under my suspicions at one point or another, but that was before she effectively left this website. When you have players like charter and CSL saying this means she's obvious scum, well, that's not exactly easy to swallow.
Using advanced vocabulary doesn't make your points any more valid. Who is the collective of minds again? Sotty, you, oh and Socrates of course.
No. That was referring to the fact that "Copper" is a hydra, with multiple people posting in the game thread. And yet, despite the fact there are multiple people trying to come to a consensus, our views still have a coherence that your posts have been lacking. Now, it's not scummy in and of itself to have clashing internal views - it can happen easily enough when you go off of a standard book of 'scumtells' without looking at context. I'm voting you moreso because I simply can't see you as a townie making honest points, particularly with the vehemence you've been pursuing them. Socrates has already hit on quite a few reasons why I think this, particularly this one:
Socrates wrote: Reason the forth, there are plenty other players in this game who are clearly under-contributing that he is patently ignoring. What about troll? I hear he is a good player (I've been called "the Zorblag of the scum team" as some kind of compliment before) and he has 1 post today. so how does Fate deal with him? He will be easier to read with vote counts and lynches? Pah! I've never seen a more shameless equivocation. What about Lockelamora who is doing a whole lot of nothing? Does he get a free pass because he has never hoodwinked you in the past? What about Kthxbye who made a really scummy vote and then promptly went V/LA?

Locke wrote:Copper: I really don't know why you keep insisting CSL was a better lynch than Pome. Pome was clearly posting yet providing very little in the way of content and I think her response to Ray's attack showed that she knew she'd taken his meta completely out of context but refused to admit it. That's just plain anti-town. There was very little pro-town about her actions. CSL just didn't post; nor did Sajin before him, for that matter. In my book, Pome was by far the 'worse offender'.
Part of it is that while Pom's contributions weren't exactly stellar, we didn't find them quite as disagreeable as the rest of the town, particularly with the incredibly low bar that has been set. There's also the fact that CSL simply didn't strike us as the type to completely ignore the thread, and that the replacement turnover of that slot (particularly Saijin's agreement to come in and subsequent failure to contribute) smells like scum.

Also, Locke, you have been asking a lot of questions but have only tentatively given thoughts. Please vote in your next post.

Zorblag: your Socrates vote is somewhat stale. I think you yourself seem to be aware of this because you said ' there's no reason to think TCC is town', not 'there's good reason to think TCC is scum.' TCC provided basically no pro-town contributions, yes, but I'd still like to hear reasons from you why you think Socrates is scum and not just the inheritor of a non-contributor slot.

charter wrote: This is another extremely scummy post. First, you strawman my accusation by asking why you would be expected to post a wall, which isn't why I said your post was scummy. I didn't mention length at all. Your first post was scummy, it's perfectly possible to make a good first post of the day. Second, you're trying to shift blame on to Locke now, as well. Locke's post was different, he was asking you and Fate questions as well.
What do you mean, shift blame on to Locke? I was pointing out that yes, there wasn't much content in my first post, because it was a quick post with my initial thoughts, but how is this scummy compared to other quick posts with initial thoughts? I simply used Locke as my example.
You accuse me on being hell-bent on ignoring the possibility of gleaning information from the night kill. Where have I said we should ignore the NK? I said your post was a load of garbage because you throw out like three different scenarios but that's it. It's just active lurking. If anyone can actually get something from the NK, that's great, but you're not trying to do that, you're just posting fluff.
Are you seriously accusing Copper of active lurking? You have to remember that when 'posting fluff' is forwarded as a scumtell, it's generally because that slot is attempting to get away without posting anything else. That's not at all the case here . The day started, and there was a night kill I didn't understand, so I posted my first impressions of it. I'm not asking that you treat this as a solid contribution, but you can't accuse a single post of active lurking - that's something you apply to the net contribution of a slot, and looking at only half of Copper's posts would still make an active lurking charge senseless.
No, how that does that benefit him as scum more than town? I don't see much benefit regardless of alignment. The only way you could say it helps him if he's scum is if TCC is town and he has two buddies that can hammer. Here you are assuming TCC is town, when there's no good reason to. Now that I think about it, this reeks of you knowing TCC would be a mislynch.
I don't understand the 'two buddies that can hammer' sentiment. What's so hard to believe about CSL as scum putting a vote on a fast-growing wagon and hoping townies take it to L-1 and hammer? Why would only his buddies be able to vote for TCC after him?

As for TCC, I've repeatedly given my thoughts on why I think TCC/Socrates is town. So yes, my posts do read as though I think TCC/Socrates will flip town if lynched, because that is indeed what I think.

I think his first post was scummy today, then when I call him on it, he strawmans and tries to shift blame on to Locke.
I wasn't 'shifting blame' on to Locke. I was saying that I think it's a blameless thing to open D2 with a light post, and used Locke as an example.
He's using the assumption of TCC as town to suspect Fate.
As I have been doing for quite some time now, yes.
His arguments are full of accusations with no bearing on alignment. He's just faking his scumhunting.
This is noteworthy because I think the Socrates wagon is the pinnacle of 'accusations with no bearing on alignment', as you can see in the part of this post directed at Zorblag. I'd appreciate it if you could point how my case on Fate is alignment-independent in a way that the 'case' on Socrates is not.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Copper »

As unfortunate as the recent replacements and holiday downtime have placed yet another burden on the game, I don't see any of these things (Locke/RayFrost's replacing out, Kthx's drunk posting, virtually everyone else's "will make a post later" post) as incentive to stray from a Fate lynch.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:Copper - I can't recall if you've addressed this before; but Socrates has presented a bit of commentary I agree with (Ythan's wagon was pushed by scum hoping to easy mislynch the annoying player). I know you've expressed thoughts about this as regards TCC, do you have the same read on Ythan's wagon? Why/why not?
Ythan didn't really have a wagon of any significance. For one brief point directly prior to his replacement, he reached L-3. This was with the addition of Sotty7 and Ray on his wagon. Ray voted first for what seems to be mostly a delayed policy attack, and Sotty's stated reasons were
Sotty7 wrote:Part deadline vote, part Ythan isn't actually scum hunting or trying to convince anyone of anything despite being asked to by several different players. Scummy.
In short, it's a null tell in terms of Ythan/Locke/Michel's alignment. Very natural reasons for townies to vote, very easy reasons for scum to fake.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Copper »

Fate wrote:What exactly makes my play different from Socrates? The only reason you seem to be voting me over Socrates is the "assumption" that Socrates is town for the sake of your arguments. You even boldly state this to be true.
How could we have gotten this far and you don't already know the answer to this? Unless, do you mean both your and Socrates' play as a replacement of the slot?
Fate wrote:You come in, say "well I'll assume TCC is town therefore Fate is scum."
Perhaps you don't think the wagon on TCC was anything that needed to be looked at, but I happened to think so. I believe in artifical votes and concocted positions. I happened to dislike very much the way players like Kthx and CSL opportunistically jumped onto the wagon, and I think these are much more damning moves than any "case" I've heard against TCC (which amounted to, "she's a newbie, so let's lynch her" or "we need a flip, so let's lynch her").

And now we don't even get that. Now TCC is scum because I am scum and I "buddied" up to TCC. Certainly there's no difference between, "Hey, does anyone think this wagon is moving too fast and these votes are a little flimsy? Maybe we should take another look at TCC", and "TCC is definitely town! 100%! I'll stake my life on it! I hope to argue all of D2 about how town TCC was!" Right?
charter wrote:Ok, I shouldn't have said active lurking, I just meant it was a fluff post.
Then what of Ythan's slot?
charter wrote:It's not hard to believe CSL as scum putting a vote on a fast growing wagon. It's just as not hard to believe CSL as town doing the same thing. It was a joke vote, so a quickhammer like you describe seems inconceivable.
He just happens to joke vote the highest vote getter at the time?

He just happens to leave it there at L-1?

I call bs. This sounds more excusatory than it does honest.
charter wrote:Also TCC replacing out when he was under pressure.
I thought this was unanimously thought of as a null tell, but I'll humor it. I've seen just as many townie replace out as I have scum, and I'd contend that TCC was flaky
way
before there was a wagon on her.
charter wrote:I'm afraid Fate is just Pom 2.0.
That's not accurate in the slightest. Pom's wagon was brought about as a compromise lynch towards the very end of the day. How is that even close to resembling the case against Fate?
Thor wrote:@Copper - where are you on the Ray/Ythan connection (now Michel/Saint Kerrigan)?
I had said it before in a previous post, which you may remember Thor, that it may be worth lynching one of them in order to see if there was anything to that. I got the impression from the awkward way Ythan/Ray talked to each other in another game that they may or may not be aware of each other's alignments in this game (which would of course likely mean that they are both scum). Because of that, neither of these players I would be firmly opposed to lynching at this point.

As a matter of fact, I was never very satisfied with Ray at any point on D1, and the move to CSL was done by someone else that uses this account. Regardless, I supported the CSL move and I still wholeheartedly support the Fate vote right now, but it's important to note that a Ray lynch is certainly not out of the question.
Sotty wrote:I am pretty sure Copper is town at this point. This wagon is bad. I'd like a detailed case presented on why Copper is scum, because I don't see a lot of spin. Break it down blow by blow for me.
I think I likewise feel comfortable with you, Sotty. I wanted to point out here though that I do not necessarily think all the players voting me are bad news, charter especially I feel has town points going for him, despite being misguided in his vote and suspicions.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Copper »

support deadline extension - vote 4 of 6
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #50) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Copper »

Explain your logic behind massclaiming on Day 2 with two Townie flips and one Townie claim.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (isolation #51) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Copper »

I think Sotty's point is the most relevant here regarding massclaim. In a large game, I would probably agree with Pie that a massclaim would be in order - we could direct our PR's, catch fakeclaims, while the scum can only go after one at a time. But, let's say the scum have a roleblocker and we have two PRs, both of which are plenty possible. Night two, the scum will roleblock one and kill the other. Night three, they roleblock and kill the same one. I don't particularly like our odds with a massclaim when weighed against the status quo.

I'd also like to revisit Fate 775 because this is my personal first post since then.
Fate wrote:I don't like how you're subtly setting up TCC's slot to be a PR. Seems like you're setting up to believe his claim with a "Oh, so that's why he lurked terribly, yeah I buy the claim" later on.
This isn't even a point. Pointing out the possibility of a slot being a PR is vastly different then setting up a slot to be a PR. I especially don't understand "so that's he lurked terribly", as though being a PR explains lurking. To the best of my knowledge, neither I nor anyone else have offered the idea that being a PR both causes and is a explanation for lurking. You're making up senseless points and then calling us scummy for saying them.
I wouldn't have lynched an empty slot though, like I said, I would have left my vote on until a replacement came in (and begged the mod for an extension due to replacements).
Lynches are the responsibility of the players, not the mod. We already had one extension day one, it was incredibly unlikely we would have gotten another. This petulant clinging to a favorite lynch when the target doesn't currently exist and deadline is approaching is terrible play, though I'll concede it's not necessarily scummy.
Fate wrote: You mean:
Copper wrote: I'm not going to deny that TCC has came under my suspicions at one point or another, but that was before she effectively left this website. When you have players like charter and CSL saying this means she's obvious scum, well, that's not exactly easy to swallow.
Where you distance yourself from calling TCC a disinterested townie by saying you did suspect him at one point or another? Yeah, it was noted.
This is exactly the sort of thing that makes it very hard to see your 'case' as an honest attempt at scumhunting. Let's remember what that was a reply to:
Fate wrote: There's no danger? Why would a wagon dismantle just because someone replaced out? Usually people leave the wagon on until the replacee can come in and speak for themselves (reference: a D1 of another mini I'm in)? It is because the Pom wagon was created.

Also, you don't need to vote your scumpartner to buss them. Sometimes just distancing is a stronger tell, with posts like these:
Copper wrote: That being said, Cheshsire is a very close second. After her huffy 'I AM hunting scum thank you very much' posts it's worrying that she couldn't find anything better than a one-line explanation lurkervote (particularly when, as Thor points out, there are worse offenders among us.)
TCC was voted very soon after this was posted. And then a few posts later you say:
Copper wrote: I think I can understand this. I just feel like I'm the only person here who see TCC for what I would suspect she really is. A disinterested townie who joined this website thinking it would be a lot of action and entertainment, but left with the impression that it's just a bunch of people arguing with each other.
WHOA THERE. Now TCC is just disinterested and not scummy?
So it went something like this:

Fate: Copper quickly changed his mind from thinking TCC was scum to disinterested. That's scummy.

Copper: The reason for this change was well documented. We did think TCC's actions were scummy until multiple events made it seem far more probably she was a disinterested townie.

Fate: Copper is trying to distance himself from thinking TCC is a disinterested townie by claiming he suspected her at one point. That's scummy.

Don't you see the problem here? You are claiming that you read through the game and were struck by how scummy the change of thought was, and then later, you were struck by how scummy it was that we had claimed we thought differently earlier. You are not trying to build a coherent narrative, you're simply quoting our most recent post and then trying to paint it as scummy. At one point, Socrates was your top scum suspect and I was your second. Now, I'm your top and it's unlikely that I would have defended TCC if she also was scum. I find it hard to think you're a townie so willing to tilt at windmills when it comes to Sotty and I and yet perfectly content to throw out things like "hard to read, will care some other time" for the likes of Zorblag and Thor.

Pie makes a good point regarding michel. Michel, while I can understand you saying that this analysis will help you better draw conclusions, you have to understand that it's hard for anyone to take the idea seriously until the conclusions are actually presented to us.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Copper »

Sotty is telling the truth insomuch as our role does not have a gun.

I've also felt fairly comfortable with Sotty for most of the game, so I feel like it's genuine in that sense.

I can say, in all honesty, that I completely sympathize with Sotty's frustrations about the replacements in this game as well. If not for my appreciation of our Mod, in both the way he's diligently handled this game and in the seriousness he's taken games where we've played together, I can't say that I would've been as willing as I have been to give this game as much effort as I have.

That all being said, where I now differ from Sotty, is in the fact that I think we've reached a point where there just isn't as much passion behind this wagon as their once was. Not only is Fate's post 836 acceptable, I'd go so far as to say it sounds like a townie who is trying to make sense of a wrecking ball of information slamming straight into his read of the game so far. While I won't go so far as to say Fate is a bad lynch, I think at this point we can do better.

Unvote

Vote: SaintKerrigan

SK wrote:Haven't had time to do any catching up, except on Charter, and my conclusion on the analysis of Charter's slot is that Inquisitor JL didn't do anything to set off my scumdar, and Charter has done some things I agree with, some things I disagree with, and nothing that overall makes me feel particularly inclined to lynch him.

[...]

I'll continue to withhold voting until I have a firmer stance on the game.

[...]

I still don't feel like I have a good handle on the game.
Noncommittal.

There's no substance to this, aside from picking on Fate a little. As a matter of fact, I'd go so far as to say almost every one of your posts has had little in the way of substance. You say Fate and Socrates worry you, but nothing that's "enough to lynch over". You said that Sotty gave you a bad vibe earlier, but this stance has taken a 180 (although, granted, I would say that's reasonable).

I can't blame you for not jumping into this game with both feet (these replacements have given scum an excuse, I think, to hide behind the unfortunate circumstances surrounding this game), but on the same token, I can't completely excuse you of not having done so by this point. If you were at least voting someone, maybe, but I've seen too many excuses come from you, frankly, and too much vaugeness. I was never thrilled with the player you replaced either, and thought that he never adequately answered for himself yesterday or today. You and Michel both have curiously not been willing use the vote, but at least Michel, I think, has given us some direction as to his mindset. I would argue that you, SK, have not. The little offense you have shown has been marginalized before you even let it out into the public sphere.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (isolation #53) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by Copper »

Michel 846 wrote:I'm very annoyed with seeing Sotty claim, though I do find it believable.
This game is hellish in how much of a toll it seems to be taking on my concentration and attention. Sotty's claim kickstarts it a bit, since players seemed to be either entrenched in their positions or not active enough to change their point of view. The revolving door of replacements doesn't help, although it finally appears things are stable (cross your fingers on charter and Socrates though).
Michel wrote:With Sotty having claimed, (and Ktx having claimed before) massclaim suddenly became much better IMO. Keeping powerroles hidden isn't really a concern with an info role out in the open. Unless there are serious objections, I'm going to claim next.
I still don't think this is the best option, not without any scum dead or any protective roles outted.
Michel wrote:I also have reasons to be suspicious of Socrates because of the behaviour of TCC, of Thor for his vital role in the Pom lynch and of SaintKerrigan because of Ray's behaviour towards the deadline.
In honesty, I don't think this post is bad. I think the conclusions you've drawn match exactly with your progression through the game, and, although I don't necessarily agree with these conclusions, I can see why you've reachde them. Claim or no, Kthx is not a bad lynch for us today. If Kthx is the deadline lynch, it will get Copper's support.
Thor wrote:Voting Aye (3): Pie, Michel, Thor
Voting Nay:
I have not discussed this with all the heads, but given our time constraints, I say that we still vote nay. The risk of throwing a Doctor under the bus could be this town's undoing. I see more risk for little reward. It would be nice to lock scum in, but it would be just as nice, I think, for Sotty to get another report.
SK wrote:I'm not using my vote yet because I don't have enough of a feel for this game to take a stance strong enough to want to vote someone. In other words, I haven't comprehended the game enough to feel comfortable voting.

Here's a question for you: if I had made exactly the same posts as I have up to now, but included at least one vote, would you still feel inclined to vote me?
Be that as it may, I can't hold any position to you. Sure, you attack Michel here a bit, which I think is good, but why not vote him? I mean, is this a political thing? Do you not like casting votes unless you think they can be successful lynches? I just don't understand your reluctance to make a stand.

Additionally, I would say that yes, a vote would've bode well for you. Heck, if you had made a reasonable case and a vote, I do think I may have turned my attention elsewhere. It sticks out that you didn't though, and it appears you
still
haven't.

I do agree with you on massclaiming though.
Pie wrote:A SaintKerrigan lynch wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but for reasons other than lurkitude. Besides, site meta is such that the suspicion incurred by active lurking far outweighs the benefits of "hiding" from the town.
It's not only lurking. How long do we let SK go on not taking a position? I'm not talking, "Sotty seems scum". I'm talking, "Here is my vote; here is why it is the best vote".
Thor wrote:The scum who claim as vanilla will be in the easy suspect pool of the vanilla townies and won't be able to falseclaim as a power role later in endgame situations.
Do you think the scum don't have any power? What's to stop them from then just making sure that whatever power roles town-sided are taken out?
Michel wrote:If massclaiming is not an option, how does everyone feel about claiming "gun" or "no gun"? That should allow most protective roles to remain hidden, while also allowing Sotty to find scum by detecting liars.
I don't think this would be a problem, and I'm much more willing to do this. Given one kill last night though, I'm not entirely sure how beneficial it would be. Moreover, the fact that there even is a Gunsmith should give us all doubts at to whether all scum killing roles solely have guns in their possession.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (isolation #54) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Copper »

SK wrote:My reluctance stems from not wanting to make a misinformed vote. Sure, I could've voted Michel if I really wanted to, but not only had I not completely read up on his player slot yet, but the questions I did pose to him weren't nearly strong enough reasons to vote him.
This is such a cop out. If you think someone is scummy, then you make a statement. I appreciate you wanting to look through the entire game for specific details, but that doesn't excuse you from voting. If you had voted him, hypothetically, and went back and found a RayFrost post that made you reconsider your position, then why not just tell us that you've changed your mind after closer examination of Michel's ISO? I mean, I just don't get it. As if it's a cherry on the top, you tell me, again, that you don't have strong enough reasons to vote. I guess you just don't have strong enough reasons to vote anyone.
SK wrote:So why am I even on your suspect list, much less near the top?
Why wouldn't you be? I mean, someone has to be scum in this game. Pie's will say it isn't him. He's may take the position to say that Sotty and I aren't either. The playing field is getting awfully slim at that point. I don't think he should just write you off his suspect list for the heck of it.
Michel wrote:It's using flavour argumentation in a normal game, but given that we are in a gun factory, I believe it's far more likely if the scum actually have guns then knives or poison, for example. And not everyone who owns a gun uses it to kill every night. I think you'll see a number of "gun" claims.
That's a good point. I can buy that.

I do like Fate's post 889.
Fate wrote:Your play has been scummy thus far. I always make it a point when I replace in to read the whole game, make posts as I catch up, or one huge one based off the whole game. Why have you been putting hits off?
Bingo. SK is using it as a crutch at this point. He's withholding his vote until he reads over the game to his satisfaction, yet he's able to construct walls in the interim arguing against massclaiming and Pie's suspicions.
SK wrote:I have a gun.
RayFrost had a gun and he didn't use it? Hm.

Unvote
for now. I have a feeling this is an important point in the game that I'm going to need to discuss with the other heads. Copper will have a vote down before the deadline. I'm thinking it's increasingly looking like the lynch will be between SK, Pie, and Fate at this point, but we'll see. I personally would favor SK or Pie out of those three, but I don't think it's unbelievable that Socrates or charter would get a last minute surge.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (isolation #55) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Copper »

This is ridiculous. I suppose this will only cement my title of 'fun hater', but since we are apparently defining 'fun' as 'lynching a claimed power role', I suppose I'll once again be the buzz kill here.

Fates 966 is far too specious for the amount of support it seems to be getting. Ray replaced out of many games at once and the idea that 'he wouldn't replace out if he was tracker, because he said he wanted to do it better' is nonsense. The other arguments are circumstantial and certainly not definitive.

We'll have plenty of time later to discern whether or not it's a fakeclaim, but I will
not
see a deadline scramble fall on our claimed PR. A no lynch is preferable to a SK lynch, in my opinion.

That leaves fate and Pie. For a multitude of reasons, I prefer Pie. The guarantee that we're not hitting a town PR is certainty appealing. There's also the simple fact that kthnx topped most of our lynch lists most of the day (and this is coming from the head that pushed Fate over kthnx at the start of D2). It's also worth nothing their attitudes towards the lynches. Fate seems to think he has found some clear-cut evidence that SK is fakeclaiming scum, with much of the same aplomb he pushed the case on us pre-Sotty claim. Pie, by contrast, is pushing SK with largely what looks to be an apathy 'meh' kind of case.

I realize this is a late post, and for that I apologize. But it took a lot of thought regarding SK's claim to come to this post. We all wanted him lynched before his gun claim, but after looking at it, it simply doesn't hold as a scum action. It screams town.

I am all but confirmed town at this point. As such, you know that this thought is not motivated by any scummy desire. We are once again scrambling towards a lynch, and no small measure of blame falls upon me. But I can still add this contribution, and prevent the town from lynching one of it's power roles.

Vote: Pie_is_good

Let's rush a lynch on the claimed vanilla and not the claimed tracker, shall we?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Copper »

I'm not as comfortable with this as I am with a pie lynch, but it's miles above an SK lynch.
Unvote, vote: Fate
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (isolation #57) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by Copper »

Good riddance to that Bazzani trash.

With these flips, the town has got to feel good about me, Michel, and arguably SK.

I'm also immediately interested in this:
Thor wrote:I support the mass claim motion.
SK wrote:Thor, care to explain what you were doing last night?
Thor wrote:I will answer with - if you indeed tracked me, you wouldn't be worried by the result.
SK wrote:Why I decided to track you:

- I got a sense of excessive neutrality reading your posts, which I think is a very strong indication of a scum mentality.
- You had Fate as a top suspect for a good part of Day 2, yet you refrain from voting him until one hour before deadline, and it was a hammer vote at that.
- By contrast, you voted me for "not producing enough content," and even when I did start to produce content, you kept your vote on me until, again, one hour before the deadline, after it became apparent that I wasn't going to be the lynch.

Since my top suspect, Pie, has a fair share of votes on him, I think we'll go with a
Vote: Thor
I have admittedly been fairly comfortable with Thor for mostly this entire game, but I must admit SK's tactic of trying to lure Thor into a trap with his roleblocked night action has caught me by surprise. I think SK deserves town points for this, and Thor deserves scum points for his overly broad, "you wouldn't be worried by the result", which indicates to me that he's trying to feel out SK. I think a town Thor may have been more quick to throw cold water on SK's accusation, as opposed to leaving the question open so that he may still have an exit strategy whether or not SK saw him doing something. I've read over Thor's response multiple times, and I keep playing out different scenarios in my head. If Thor truly visited no one, which is the only logical answer to the response "wouldn't be worried by the result" that I can think of, why would he entertain SK? Additionally, why would he make an opening post that didn't mention SK if Thor believes that,
Thor wrote: I actually don't trust you all that much and am still not sure if I buy your claim.
I'm not nearly as comfortable with Thor at this point.

As for the rest of the players, I think Socrates and Michel both earn town points for reasons already mentioned in the thread. I'm not sold on the theories that have been brought up against charter, but I'm also not quite prepared to write charter off just yet. Cyberbob's switch to Fate should give us some comfort with his alignment. I think SK has earned more trust from me than he had yesterday, and I think that Pie is the odd man out.

To the perennial question, "Who is scum?"

The short, kneejerk answer is Pie, and the longer, more thoughtout answer may very well be Thor.

I'd like to hear more from SK, because I wonder if he has more information he could share with us. I don't think I would be opposed to a massclaim at this point, although I'm worried that Pie bringing it up signals that he has some sort of role he's just dying to let out into the public arena.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #58) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:1. Yes, I was trying to feel out SK because I had already stated in that post that I could see town or scum energy from the feeling out SK was attempting. Why was it town for SK to feel me out and scum for me to feel SK out?

2. Why would I need an exit strategy "whether or not SK saw [me] doing something"? If I was scum, I must have known SK was roleblocked unless the scumteam isn't very communicative.
1) I'll admit I'm a little more inclined to believe SK's claim than probably you are, which could lead to a bias against you. The fact of the matter is, I feel like your feeling out of SK was unreasonably neutral. If you were townie, visited no one, and were resistant toward SK, then why not make your suspicions forthright? What was the purpose of toying with the idea that you visited someone? I mean, I get you could be trying to catch a scum SK saying something that's false (e.g. You visiting Sotty), but that seems like it would've been a pretty bold move for a fake Tracker to make. I don't think it's MYLO, after all.

2) Well, something may have interfered with the roleblock. Maybe there was a Jailer? Roleblocks are pretty safe bets, and a communicative scumteam is a pretty safe bet, but still.
Thor wrote:I have already admitted to being slow around the SK situation. It is clear for many of the other players here it was a much larger 'towntell' then it was for me, and to that I can only say I'm sorry that I apparently am still working on my scumdar. It wasn't as clear to me and thus I was slower to react and was still trying to get everyone to comment on the situation before I felt comfortable enough to move on anything.
This is pretty close to AtE for me. I appreciate you wanting to explain yourself and apologize if you don't think you're being clear enough, but I don't want you, as townie, to back off what you think is right either. If I don't think you have a backbone, then that's usually a big scumtell in my eyes.
Pie wrote:@Copper: I (or rather, my predecessor) has already claimed Vanilla Townie. It turns out me pushing for massclaim isn't that unusual.
I'm sorry; I forgot that you were replacing Kthx when I said that. Still, I don't think just because the person your replaced claimed has any bearing on your choice whether or not the rest of the town should.

That being said, I just realized your title. Has this already been addressed in this game? I take it you have a political stance toward mass claiming that may be a little more friendly than what is traditionally accepted.
SK wrote:@ Pie: You are not in a position where you can say things like "Thor wagon sucks" and expect us to be satisfied.
Why
does the Thor wagon suck?
Agreed. Pie tying himself to Thor makes me feel as though we're doing something right. Thor is already effectively tying himself to Pie by means of suspecting SK's claim as much as he has. This makes me think one of them is likely to be scum and one of them is probably town.
SK wrote:How's this?
You've already claimed, so what other reports do you have? Who did RayFrost track N1?
Pie wrote:As town, this is horribly stupid - he basically tried to trick Thor into claiming with no concrete info against him. As scum, possible motives include rolefishing and a way of saying "Hey guys, I got blocked last night and yet there was a nightkill! Clearly I'm town!"

Neither of those are great motives, but I honestly cannot think of a single explanation for townSK's actions aside from "stupidity."
Did you miss the part where he said he was roleblocked? I would expect my Tracker to act confident in the face of this, and not say, "I was blocked, oh well, good luck guys". Thor's reaction, on the other hand, seems much more calculated. He seemed worried, as though maybe the block didn't go through as planned, and made a very flimsy statement. This way, no matter what SK ended up saying, Thor would've had room to maneuver.
SK wrote:First off, mafia has at least one roleblocker. Second, how the hell is a no-lynch a good idea at this point in time? All it does is give scum a free kill on Michel (because scum obviously aren't going to kill me as long as I have mislynch potential).
I agree with this 100%. Pie's proposal seems extremely counter-productive. Additionally, it seemed to me more like he was throwing it out there hoping that someone else will get the ball rolling rather than truly laying out a case for it. He knew it was a bad strategy, I think, but he still put it out there to see if he could get a bite.
Thor wrote:Presuming I'm vanilla - by claiming vanilla with no need to claim vanilla I help scum power role hunt.
The fact that you are still entertaining the possibility of claiming a power role really does shock me.

How on Earth would visiting someone as a power role give you the idea that a Tracker, "shouldn't be worried by the result"? Just because you don't visit the person who was killed doesn't mean squat. If I saw someone moving, then I would indeed be worried. I wouldn't just assume they are a town power role. Given that we've already had an investigative role flip and no additional kills, I'd be more inclined to assume a scum power role. Three investigative roles seems illogical, a protective role seems logical, but the person would've had to have visited me, and the only other things that make sense are scum power, imo.
Pie wrote:@SK - you list Pie as your top suspect - why didn't you track him?
I'll admit this is a pretty good question.
Pie wrote:Alternate explanation: town has a roleblocker who didn't trust you.
Are you serious?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Copper »

As Socrates said, conciseness is pro-town. I will not indulge in wading knee-deep through the muck of walls seeking to prove a case, and from what I know of my fellow heads no one else has that desire.

Let me give the game away.

Vote:Pie_is_Good

The points on Thor look interesting (I've only skimmed them; this is a different head than the last few posts) and worth visiting tomorrow, but I'd like to crystallize our speculation with a lynch.

Pie has been topping our internal lynch lists (both as Kthnx and himself) since somewhere near the end of D1. And he's not a town power role, which makes him a safe lynch.

I think the best reason to lynch Pie, though, isn't that he's the most likely scum - though that is where all of our thoughts are. It's what it would tell us about events.

Let's dig up some ancient history - the Ythan (now Michel) and NobodySpecial (now Pie) fallout. Remember what I said way back when?
The interactions between Ythan (now Locke), Rayfrost, and Nobody Special (now kthnxbye) need more discussion within the hydra before we can incorporate them in our vote.
I think it's a fairly uncontroversial position that Ythan and Nobody Special/kthnkxbye cannot be scumbuddies, as planning a move like that would have been incredibly unethical.
The pairing of Rayfrost and Ythan is more interesting. I'll leave the vote on Ray for now while we wait for the thread to start up again but after the outburst between him and Ythan I'm not as sure as I was about Rayfrost being scum.
So a pie scumflip will 95% confirm Michel as town.

In terms of evidence that Pie is scum; as said before, I have no desire to vomit out large content walls. Fate's interactions with Kthnx are fairly scummy - talks sometimes ABOUT kthnx but never TO kthnx, and slips him in his 'neutral/would lynch' list without making much of it. Kthnx also does the same thing on CSL - talks about him, but only once to him, and never forwards the idea of him being scum despite being happy to go for a Pom lynch. (This is the point I was harping on late D1/early D2 - that it's odd that low-contribution Pom is getting focused more than no-contribution CSL. That suspicion was right in that CSL was scum, and now we can reap the reverse dividends by finding the players who failed to suspect him D1.)

I think a Pie scum flip would also quell any remaining doubt regarding SK's tracker claim - though at this point I believe it pretty throughly anyway.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (isolation #60) » Sun May 02, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Copper »

charter wrote:Cyberbob's vote is interesting, but I put more stock in a Pie/Thor team than Kerrigan/Michel team.
Agreed. Now that Pie looks like the popular wagon, it's funny how Cyberbob has actively tried to talk it down. I remember a time when Cyberbob was totally feeling Piescum.

Socrates, why aren't you voting?

Thor, didn't you mention that you thought there was something to be said about finding scum between you and Pie?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (isolation #61) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by Copper »

Thor wrote:I also recall during that answer asking you where you saw my attachment attempts to Pie, which you have not offered thoughts on.
Well, that's being too specific. I misspoke when I said you specifically were trying to tie yourself to Pie, because your breakdown of the posts earlier was correct. Still, the actual meaning I was going for is that you were both kind of on the same boat together.
Pie wrote:Thor wagon sucks.
If someone handcuffs themselves to you, you're both still handcuffed together.
Thor wrote:I feel my standpoint of voting Pie is pretty clear but saw no real need to put a vote on him until after he did his re-read as I feel his attention is already too focused on defense over scumhunting.
This seems a little counterintuitive to me, to be honest. Pie's been upfront about his reads. What do you hope to learn? I think you should be more upfront about it.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (isolation #62) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Copper »

1) Did you like the setup?

2) Did you like the flavor?

3) Did you like the game overall?
1) The setup was fine.

2) The flavor was well written and enjoyable.

3) The game was a little stressful for me personally, but it had nothing to do with the Moderating.

I just want to say that I think you did really, really well with this game, Colonel. It was really frustrating at parts, especially in the transition from the first day to the second, but you stuck in there and did your best to keep the game going. I even remember you had computer troubles weeks ago, yet you still managed to keep this game afloat and as active as you could.

I'd also thank all of the players who stuck out until they died or until the end of the game. I don't know if anyone else using this account was following the game very closely (I wasn't following it particularly closely, I just knew I wanted to make a post-game post thanking the Colonel's persistence), but I enjoyed what I did see. I think Thor and Michel in particular put their heart into this game, so it's tough to see it come down to a draw. I guess it's better than an outright loss though.

Really though, massive props to you, Colonel. I love you as a player and now certainly as a Moderator.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”