Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Inquisitor JL »

vote TheCheshireCat

No random vote?
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Copper wrote:I'm talking about frequency, not content. You seem to be making a point to personally reply to every single post, and if you keep this up the thread will be twice as big as it should be.
posting > lack of posting

Surely it is better for him to post loads of posts with not much in instead of a few posts with not much in. Even if what is added in each post is limited, surely it's better for our chances of finding the mafia if more is posted than less. Or am I missing something here?
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Thor665 wrote:
Ythan wrote:I'm torn between agreeing and wanting to say so and not wanting to make another post.
Ah, Ythan, either a very clever and sarcastic wit - or a wonderful punching bag of obtuseness. Take your pick.
Seems to me like he is just annoying but *shrug* - at least annoying people tend to provoke reactions.
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Inquisitor JL »

While Ythan himself might not post much content - being annoying and such has a very useful side effect of getting reactions. Being annoyed is okay, and there are possible arguments that in the long run it's anti town.

What I don't like about Scrambles is complaining that it gets us all focused on one person, when, if he feels that way he could try to post something about someone else instead. If you don't feel that the discussion is going in a beneficial direction it is your duty to try and get it to what you think would benefit the town, and the same goes to anyone else complaining about him being distracting by being annoying (Cheshire comes to mind).

FoS: Scrambles

@Rayfrost - since when does 'active nonlurking' i.e. posting and 'breaking my mind' sound like serious reasons for a vote?

@Nobody Special - if you don't think Ythan cares about what people think of what he does, then we aren't gonna change it. Depending on how you see it it's either an imparement to deal with or a boon in disguise. Maybe a more thorough explanation of why you find the way he is posting (I believe the example you used was a case of him quoting me with no addition to it) could cause problems?

@ Ythan - like the avatar, it suits you
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Ythan wrote:
Inquisitor JL wrote:What I don't like about Scrambles is complaining that it gets us all focused on one person, when, if he feels that way he could try to post something about someone else instead. If you don't feel that the discussion is going in a beneficial direction it is your duty to try and get it to what you think would benefit the town, and the same goes to anyone else complaining about him being distracting by being annoying (Cheshire comes to mind).

FoS: Scrambles
What is it about this that strikes you as suspicious?
It's very easy to complain about something. But it is also very easy to do something about it. If you feel that someone is distracting the attention of the town then you can try to get the town to look at other people. Just complaining about it doesn't do this - unless of course you don't really want the town looking at anyone else, just want people to think you do.

@Copper - your vote is on ythan, presumably based on the way he is posting and if what I am hearing about his meta is correct, is typical for him in any role. Are there any other reasons you have your vote on him? Is there anyone else you would consider voting at this point?

@sotty - you raised a question about SFG putting her vote on the only absent player. Now that she has moved her vote to me - on the basis of few posts, what are your thoughts on it? Especially considering you have as few posts as me.

@SFG - I made 4 posts, the same as at least one other player (sotty), not 3. Also, do you think few posts, irrespective of the posts themselves, is enough reason to vote someone?
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Ythan wrote:
unvote vote Inquisitor JL
Is there a reason for this?
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Ythan wrote:You FoSed someone without suspicion. An FoS is not just a weak vote. Votes are meant to get players lynched, and it can be argued that a lynch against someone you don't suspect is sometimes something to work toward. An FoS on the other hand is purely suspicion, which you lacked. And I find you more suspicious than any other player at the moment.
The fact you explained what an FoS is implies you had a feeling that I might not know/understand it. In fact, from what I had picked up from (mainly newbie) games it felt to me that an FoS was just a weak vote. Anyway, the fact you felt it necessary to explain shows that something you thought could be a misunderstanding was worthy of attacking someone over.

Also, any other reasons for finding my suspicious, or was that it? Because so far all I can see is something you yourself seem to feel could be a misunderstanding on my part. I don't see much of a case against me, from what you've said.

When would you say a vote against someone you don't suspect is something to be worked towards?

sotty wrote:Inquisitor, I forgot to ask in my last post, but what do you think of SFG's voting patten so far?
Questionable. It seems to be a case of either misunderstanding the difference between posting occasionally and lurking, or creating an attack based off false accusations of lurking.

We'll have to see what Sajin does though...

@ Those of you not voting, if you had to vote who would it be on and why?
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Hmm, not really sure of anyone at the moment, though I'm happy where my vote is for the moment. Cheshire seems as good as anyone. I'm wondering though, after your re-read, if you are happy keeping your vote on Scrambles? If so, why?

I'd also like to hear more from Nobody special, Zorblag and Sajin.

Pomegranate wrote:Maybe he's "breaking his meta", but he's not providing any real content, which is scummy anyway. And I've played with scumRayFrost three times. He basically doesn't do anything.
How well do you know his town play?

@ RayFrost - people are seeing your 'breaking your meta' as fitting your scum play. How did you perceive your meta beforehand, and how have you decided to break it?
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Responding to prod - will post something of more length this evening
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

I haven't been able to look at this much, and I'm away over the weekend, I'll try to get something up tonight.
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Just to say - back from london

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”