Mini 935 -- The Fountainhead (Completed)

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:18 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Tomato.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:55 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Maybe he's just rejecting these unjust infringements on our liberty (aka rules).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vote: RedCoyote

Better dead than Red.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

My lie detector just started beeping like crazy.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

People wrote:Why?
I don't believe that Zang did not understand what SpyreX was talking about. I re-read his post multiple times and it is crystal clear. I am of the opinion that he panicked, got defensive, and then calmed down and is trying to cover it up by pretending he didn't get what was being asked.
Budja wrote:So he's scummy but no vote?
By unvoting RedCoyote, you're unvoting COMMUNISM.

That being said, fair point.

Unvote. Vote: Zang.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fate wrote:Revote: Almaster

Agreed that Zhang is a sad sack. Just meta the poor guy.
Fate wrote:God LORD? No need to be redundant Spyrex...

>_>'
<_<;

And what are you waiting for? NIGHT maybe? So you can KILL PEOPLE!?

OH MY GOD!
I like how people are calling me fluffy and unsubstantive when we have these two posts from Fate. They seem significantly more guilty of this crime than me. Budja and RC, why the delay or no response to Fate's posts?
DDD wrote:I like Budja's catch that AGM out and out called Zang a liar, but that wasn't good enough reason to vote for him. My suspicion is furthered by how quickly AGM acquiesces to then vote Zang after Budja votes for him.
*shrug* Honestly, it's the week before spring break and I'm a busy person. Changing my vote just didn't enter my mind at the moment. If you want to chalk it up to scumminess, fine, but I don't really see the justification for this. Minimally, my position was very clear, so it's not like I'm trying to hide my advocacy or anything.
Budja wrote:Much better.
I'm confused as to how DDD bolding some words in a sentence and re-explaining what was already pretty clear (in my mind, at least) makes this true.

kthxbye wrote:Everyone: I think this would be a good time to explain in a new post why you have your vote on whoever it is on ('look at my previous posts as to why' comments aren't going to be constructive at this point imo). I think we fairly clear of the RVS and I think it would be constructive to consolidate in the next post why you are so that everyone else can fully understand your reason AND so you can explore if your reason is good enough.
AlmasterGM wrote:I don't believe that Zang did not understand what SpyreX was talking about. I re-read his post multiple times and it is crystal clear. I am of the opinion that he panicked, got defensive, and then calmed down and is trying to cover it up by pretending he didn't get what was being asked.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:53 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

@kthxbye - what would the motivation for scum-cruelty be to lie about the rules?
Budja wrote:unvote, vote: Kthxbye, that post was really weak.
I agree with SpyreX, what exactly was weak about the post? It seemed fine to me.
Porkens wrote:Are you guys gunna start fighting?
Plz.
cruelty wrote:Not inclined to be concerned about Zang - he's in an ongoing game which obviously I can't discuss.
I kept trying to compute this and it did not make sense. Every result arrived at metafail.
cruelty wrote:He had at least 4 at one point, I said that before the latest votecount; I'm not sitting here tallying for current vote counts at this point in the game.

vote agm

This feels familiar somehow.
If it's familiar, why are you voting for me? I was TOWN last time. Can you explain what this means and what your logic is for it?

Also, sorry, but
V/LA until Wednesday
. I know it's super lame to have 2 people out at once and if you want replacement I won't blame you, but I promise no more V/LA's and dedication to the game when I get back.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Back. I'll make a larger post later, but going off a quick read, I'm totally ready for hammertime on DeathSauce. Are you?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SpyreX wrote:?

When you say quick read I hope that means you have SOME idea of what has transpired or why hammer?

ohh goooddddd brain
Actually, I just read the vote count, saw someone was at L-1, and offered to hammer for the hell of it.

/sarcasm

I read the thread and didn't type anything because that takes long and I don't have long right now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Porkens wrote:Scum.

If you wanted to hammer quick, you would have done in that post. But you don't have the nuts to throw down hard, because your afraid of the suspicion. Your asking permission to quickhammer. I litterally can't think of something scummier at the moment.

God, but that means your not scum WITH him, or you'd bus the hell out of him with a hammer.

So... I'm completely expecting a 3rd party flip from Miller, and a /pre-in to vote for AMG tomorrow.
You make no sense. Your logic is, "You didn't quickhammer because it would be scummy. thus, you are scum." Not everyone wants to have a super short D1 like you do. Some people want to talk. Just going around and being all trigger-happy like this:
Porkens wrote:Just to be clear, I'd probably be "fine" with lynching almost anyone today.
is unproductive. Like, seriously wtf is this garbage. You aren't even consistent about it either, becuase you're like "short D1's are productive lets lynch fate now" and the you go and change your vote to DeathSauce. Stuff like DEATHSAUCE is why we don't just lynch naogogogogo.
Porkens wrote:That said I give you permission to quick-hammer.
Cool, I give you permission to use this as ammo against me tomorrow by saying I'm following directions or something.
SpyreX wrote:If you'd read the thread and didn't have time to post why did you post saying you were going to... read the thread versus saying you didn't have time to post?
I didn't say I was going to read the thread. I said I already had done a (quick) read and what my initial thoughts were in a short post. I don't see what is so confusing about this, nor do I see why it matters at all.

ANYWAY.

I think that DeathSauce / horrordude is scum because 1) he replaced out while still posting in other games (including one that I'm in), 2) he was extra cautious about us not blaming his replacement, which is an odd thing to say, and 3) the miller claim is obvfake. Not to mention his behavior prior to all three of those occurances.

I don't see WHERE this Zang town read is coming from. He is still all over the place and I have no clue what he is talking about half the time. Despite the fact that I am 99% sure DeathSauce is scum, I agree with him when he says things like, "All Zang is doing is giving us the definition of a miller." I don't see how this makes him town at all.

Porkens is annoying me but I'm getting the impression he always plays this way.
cruelty wrote:eah, I thought your vote seemed contrived, less about suspicion and more about appeasement.
Ok, fine, but how does this relate to our previous game?
cruelty wrote:Incidentally the grand conclusion about my zang musing is that I don't think he's ever a really acceptable lynch given he's such a wildcard (both town and scum benefit from lynching him regardless of his alignment).
How do the scum benefit from lynching Zang regardless of alignment, wouldn't they rather him live if he's on their team? Or, if he's town, wouldn't they rather lynch someone who doesn't just cause confusion?
d3x wrote:When you're back from your V/LA, I'd like to hear more about this. I was rereading it and it stuck me a bit odd that you'd want this particular fight and I'm curious as to what you'd hope to glean. Are you suspicious of either?
I like fights, and most of Budja and SpyreX's posts have been really short. A fight would mean longer posts from both.
d3x wrote:While I agree with Kthx on the issue of cutting the Day short, I don't think horror would be a bad lynch. There's also a mechanic built into this game that if we end the Day early, time gets added onto subsequent Days. I think the worth of the next few Days {with flips and concrete information} outweighs D1 by a longshot.
If you think this, why aren't you hammering DeathSauce?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

DDD is scum.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

HowardRoark told me so.

Vote: DDD
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I like to target players I don't really have a read on, and DDD met the criteria (both in this game and past ones).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: AGM: Full claim now.
:roll: And I would do this why?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:04 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nobody died. This means they probably tried to kill me and failed.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I have no additional data.

Here's my reads right now:

cruelty - I'll buy his Vig claim unless there's a CC.
RC - Looks pretty bad given that he starts by pushing for cruelty in mylo and then gets owned by a claim. Fate's theory also makes sense, especially since cruelty being on the kthx wagon was one of his main contentions against cruelty.
Porkens - looks the most suspicious to me. He has pushed for rushed wagons on three townies this game. I don't know if this is his standard behavior or what, but it certainly doesn't make him look town.
Fate - seems town to me.
d3x - This guy is tricky. I have no read on him, which makes me suspicious my default. Does anyone else have anything to say on his play?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I dunno about a massclaim. Nobody died during N2, which leads me to believe there is probably a doctor hiding somewhere out there. Outing him doesn't buy us anything and takes away our chances of hitting a save tonight and avoiding a loss. I think that unless someone has information that can save a townie from death (and thus decrease our chances of losing), we should not claim.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:56 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Alright, I guess it's time I was less cryptic about my role. I'm a JOAT. I have no further investigations. No-lynching will narrow down our lynch pool, but it won't get us another innocent/guilty.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Porkens wrote:It's between RC and Fate for me.

I'm voting, why aren't you?

Let's go.
Yo, you know where rushing days 1 and 3 got us?

Nowhere.

I can understand the desire to not have a 30 page D1 or something. However, there is no need for mylo to be over RIGHT NAO OMG GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!1

Chilly.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:06 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vote: No Lynch

Don't protect me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:56 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Porkens wrote:
Vote: Nolynch

I join the scum with this vote. But it's the right thing to do <vomit>
If it's the right thing to do, why weren't you doing it before?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:15 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Porkens wrote:
Claim:
Well, my dude has no name, and no powers.
WTF is this bullshit.

I've already claimed ... I can nameclaim if people want.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:06 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fate wrote:You can claim other nights and the actions you did on those nights.

You are a JOAT, right? Not a one-shot cop?
Do you actually want the scum to know what I did on those nights? And yes, I'm a JOAT.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

d3x wrote:If you don't believe him, then why aren't you Voting him?
Because if I'm wrong it's game over?
d3x wrote:I thought that was the point of a MassClaim.
I actually just read my role PM and it turns out I don't have a name, just a description saying what I do / who I am. Whoops. Maybe Porkens is telling the truth after all ...
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:11 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

d3x wrote:I want to know from Porkens if that's an actual Claim because if he's f*ing around and I Vote him, Scum can end this.
How do you understand this concept now, but you didn't understand it when I wasn't voting for him less than 5 minutes ago.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

d3x wrote:
How do you understand this concept now, but you didn't understand it when I wasn't voting for him less than 5 minutes ago.
Calling a Claim "bullshit" and being worried about Scum QuickLynching are 2
very
different things, AGM. Why is Porkens' Claim "bullshit"?
I thought it was bullshit because everyone else who had died had a name and he didn't. Then I realized I didn't have a name either.

However, this has nothing to do with my point. Here is my concern:

Me: Porkens is spewing BS.
You: Why not vote Porkens?
Me: Because if I'm wrong, town loses.

Why was the third line, that L-2 equals town loss if we are wrong, not apparent to you? Were you trying to goad me into voting Porkens by hoping for a repeat of D1, where Budja said pretty much the same thing and then I voted?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I still have no idea WHY you need to know this information, but whatever:

N1 - Investigate DDD.
N2 - Create bullet-proof-vest on self.
N3 - Doctor d3x.

Actions remaining: Commute; Roleblock

So I'm basically invincible, and I have a small chance of stopping the mafia kill tonight.

@Fate - I don't understand your "town roles have no names" arg - why do some of the dead townies have names, then?

Current top two pick for scum: d3x and RC.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

You're insane.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I meant literally. Like, in real life.

The reason we have a Miller is because I had a cop ability. The reason I am a JOAT is because it makes perfect sense setup wise (Watcher + Doc is weakass + 1-shot Vig is overly passive) and flavor wise (well-off, well-versed contributor to our lovely capitalist economy).

Moreover, are you even BOTHERING to look at dayplay? What have I done, exactly, that makes me worthy of lynch?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Porkens wrote:On the topic of Names: No one, except for dx, has claimed a name (correct?). I'm guessing that names are being assigned POST death. From the fiasco early today, I believe DX is lynchable. Red also has an important interaction or two in this fiasco.
Wow…nice catch. I'm even more convinced that d3x is scum now.
Porkens wrote:1. Would you know if you had been shot at?
I asked HR about this when I used the ability. Yes, I am informed if I am shot at. No, I have not been shot at yet.
Porkens wrote:2. What does [commute] do?
I am NK immune for one night.
Is commute like a bus driver role?
No, it is like the commuter ability found in the wiki.
Fate wrote:Your day play is non-existant AGM. Our days have been filled with little to no gameplay. D1: Lynch the miller claim.
D2: "Scum scan=death"
D3: "HEY GUYS IMMA SELFHAMMAH CAUSE IM FULL OF MYSELF AND _KNOW_ SCUM IS ON MY WAGON" (thanks for even pointing out your reads at that time Kthx)
Mayyyybe that is because
some people
(aka Porkens and kthxbye) think that ending days asap-right-now-immediately-do-not-wait-at-all is a good idea. If we hadn't rushed every day before this one, this wouldn't be the case. I cannot help this.
Fate wrote:You made yourself BP. And there was no death that night. AGM, what else could have happened since scum didn't visit you (per my results)?
Either the scum didn't NK or they targeted someone else who was under doctor protect. I am informed if I get shot. I wasn't informed. Thus, I wasn't shot at.

I admit, however, that there is no way for me to prove this occurred. All I can say is in my defense is 1) If there is a doctor out there, they know this to be true, and he should please claim if it is apparent I am going to die because of this argument and 2) I found DDD, the only scum anyone has found this entire game.
Porkens wrote:RC: I'm still lost. What would be the point of just you and me not having names?
I don't have a name either.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Porkens, Fate, and RC have all posted since Porkens voted d3x. There has been no quicklynch. Therefore, either d3x is scum or Porkens is scum.

I think it's d3x.
Vote: d3x

@Fate - Why would I Roleblock; the risk of hitting our own PR's is higher. And in the endgame, RB is significantly more powerful because it can help find scum AND function as a doctor save.

Also, your desperate attempt to draw out the doctor even when it starts to seem like I'm not going to be lynched is noted.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeeeee town yeeeee
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:25 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I role blocked RedCyote last night. My bullet-proof vest did not activate. There was nobody dead this morning.

Game over, town wins? Or were there other night actions at work?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Fate, you are being stupid. If I'm lying and there are no investigative roles, explain the presence of the Godfather and Miller. You think they are
both[/i] there to throw us off setup-spec?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #34) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

God damn it. I should have known something was up because of the lack of NK that one night. Ah well. I still probably wouldn't have voted Porkens (even though I thought he repeatedly played anti-town).

Well played, mafia.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Wouldn't it show me targeting myself when I created the bullet proof vest?

Also, I thought the modding was excellent. Thanks very much to HR.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”