Mini 935 -- The Fountainhead (Completed)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Clementine
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fate 18 wrote:
Vote: Almaster

Before he shoots someone.
XD

---
Zang 20 wrote:
Vote:Cruelty

for not reading the rules
This is a good point, imo. What do you say to this, cruelty?

---
Spyrex 24 wrote:would "not reading the rules" be a scumtell?

[...]

Did... did I catch a live one?
I was just going to say it was an anti-town move, but I absolutely love this post. I think you caught something, for sure.

---
cruelty 49 wrote:I'm gonna
vote: d3x
. No reason.

Don't have much to add at this point, I'm not feeling that well so I'll be in and out the next day or two.
Nothing to say about Zang? Almaster? Spyrex?

Okay, get well soon, cruelty.

---
Almaster 51 wrote:By unvoting RedCoyote, you're unvoting COMMUNISM.
XD

Rest assured, this is not the meaning I'm going for.

---
DDD 52 wrote:The fact that he continues to not get it suggests to me that his reaction isn't of overly defensive scum, but a sad sack who simply doesn't get it.
I understand this point of view, but I don't agree with it. Maybe if Zang hadn't been in such a frenzy to respond to his critics I could cut him more slack, but what gets at me is how defensive he became. It was not just one post, but consistent clarifications and defensiveness (e.g. "it was meant to be a random vote", "ok, I was confused", "Why [did the lie detector go off]?", "I didn't even know he was talking about random votes", et cetera). This is what I would call a panic.

---
Fate 56 wrote:Agreed that Zhang is a sad sack. Just meta the poor guy.
I like the division we have here. Already there are two candidates being propped up as acceptable wagons.

Frankly, I don't agree with you, DDD, or Budja on Almaster. Almaster's posts as much more light and fluffy than Zang's. He's like a Three Musketeers.

And who doesn't like them?

---

I'll
vote: horrordude0215
, not because I don't want to join the Zang wagon, but because I want more content from horrordude. His vote doesn't sit well with me, and I'd like him to give us a little more analysis.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

His post 28 kind of lays the foundation for his vote. Besides, he was the first vote, horror was the third? fourth? I'd have to go back and check.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fate 67 wrote:Why is Kthx's vote any better than Horror's, RC?
I don't think I would say it's much better, except for the fact that, joking aside, he may have been offput by that post. Further, Zang's wagon was the larger one at the time (especially given the fact that I wanted to join it), so I had to make sure everyone who was there had a reason for being there.

---
Almaster 70 wrote:I like how people are calling me fluffy and unsubstantive when we have these two posts from Fate. They seem significantly more guilty of this crime than me. Budja and RC, why the delay or no response to Fate's posts?
I
called you fluffy. I would strongly disagree that Fate's posts aren't serious. I mean, the second example, okay, I'll give that to you, but the first example makes a strong point.

---
horror 71 wrote:
Unvote
as we are no longer in RVS.
Oh, you know I got to hate on that. "Randomly" voting the biggest wagon with people that have serious suspicions of Zang? Either you're not paying enough attention, or your lying. Neither circumstance is flattering for you.
---
cruelty 78 wrote:You then quoted later in your post the second two sentences from the above post. Hmm.
Yeah, I read it. I was just trying to say I agreed with Zang's post there.

---
Spyrex 86 wrote:While still confused at Zang's reaction I DO follow his logic enough that I can buy it for now.
I wouldn't go that far. I'd still say Zang's a good lynch, actually.

I do think there is a bit of a language barrier, and I do think it's very possible that his panic might not mean jack. Still, I've supported lynches for less than that before, so I'd have no problem taking Zang out today. That said, I think I am the minority with that train of thought, and you don't exactly see me in a rush to leave the horror wagon just yet.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

horror 102 wrote:My parents, who have been together for 20 years, are splitting up, and I just need to take a few days to sort through some things...
Like Spyrex suggested, perhaps you should take a little time to yourself? I mean, it's up to you. I have no idea about your personal life, what this means to you, how old you are... etc. I can't even say I understand how that feels.

On the one hand, the time commitment and obligations of a mafia game might seem (and are) inferior to your real life problems, but on the other, it might be something to take your mind off of what's going on. All the best though, horror.

---
Fate 104 wrote:Well we have a month before the deadline, but wagoning an absentee just isn't productive.
Are you always so townie sounding? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. I feel like you always sound town to me.

---
Budja 110 wrote:
unvote, vote: Kthxbye
, that post was really weak.
Unlike previous games I've had with you, I'm loving you as town this game. I don't agree with this however, yet I think it's more of a disagreement than anything else.

As Spyrex said, I thought the post was fairly good. I don't understand how it rubbed you the wrong way.

---

I will not be voting cruelty. I just had a game with him where I spent the better part of it accusing him of being scum for this same very relaxed behavior he's got going on. I still feel like I felt in Nice'n'Fun though, in that cruelty just oozes scum to me (read Almaster's post above mine), but I really have to fight my normal instincts when it comes to reading cruelty.

Unvote; vote: Zang

Now there's room for me!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Agreed with Porkens.

I don't really want to touch cruelty/Spyrex/Fate.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

By that second sentence I mean I've already stated how I feel about cruelty, so there's no sense repeating myself.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

horror 170 wrote:PLEASE don't take it out on my replacement. I read my posts and literally said "WTF?"... I think it was because of my lack of sleep/paying attention.
Can you say red flag?

This is over the top. I understand and respect the decision to replace out, especially in your situation, but to warn us not to hold it against your replacement? Why would you feel it necessary to warn us of that?

---
Zang 174 wrote:Nobody genneraly look like scum. Horror was the only one who made me think scum but that could just be because of life so if his replacement is just as bad then there's a good chance he might be scum. And i didn't ask him because he shouldn't need questions to be able to defend himself.
I don't really like this either. This whole train of thought sounds convoluted, to be perfectly honest. Are you making it up as you go along? The way I read this is, "I don't find anyone to be very scummy except for Horror. Please don't hold me to this though, because I am unsure if my feelings are compromised by his real life situations. Maybe if he gets replaced I will re-read him for scumminess, but he should be able to defend himself without me asking it!"

It's absolute gibberish.

---
Porkens 182 wrote:With a guy like Zang, you either lynch them right away, or you give them a free pass 'till the end of the game.
I've got to agree with Porkens here. If we don't hold Zang's feet to the fire now then it would be hypocritical to do so later. Zang is all over the place. Maybe, as at least one person has said, this is all null and he just plays this way as town, but the question before you is if you want to have him around until the end of the game.

---
Kthxbye 183 wrote:So you guys don't personally want and don't want the rest of us to be able to get a read on Horror's replacement before going into D2? I can't possibly fathom how this is best for town. In fact, this viewpoint is worse than anything we every had on Horror.
I generally like your analytical, more rational posts, but this is a little overboard. Are you really saying Porkens is "worse" (read: scummier) than horror on account of his D1 political stance?
Kthxbye 190 wrote:Am I the only one who is dumbstruck by Budja and Porkens view on lynching Horror?
Yes, frankly, you are. At least I can see the case against horror clearly. I don't know if you're expecting some sort of major slip, which is relatively rare for the town to come across, but this is a pretty clean case for a D1 lynch. He's either not paying attention to the game, or he's feigning it, he claimed his vote was random, yet he clearly acknowledged he was willingly joining a bandwagon, and, to top it off, he lectures us on cutting his replacement slack.
Kthxbye 190 wrote:I really don't like these 'lynch quickly for a short day 1' or 'lynch the player who posted a total of 9 posts' ideas. They seem very rushed and not helpful. It gives me the impression that you 3 feel day one is utterly pointless in which I have to fully and unequivocally disagree.
I understand this, and you're entitled to argue this point as you are doing right now. My argument would be that Day 1 should end when a majority of the players feel as though they have found a player they're comfortable lynching. It should not be artificially extended, and by the same token, it shouldn't be "rushed" in the sense that people on the wagon either have not explained why they're on it or they don't feel as though it's a good enough lynch. The former shows that they aren't paying attention, for better or for worse, and the latter shows that they're either being too passive or delibrately trying to fly under the radar.

---
Spyrex 191 wrote:For the record if this goes through and horror flips a mafia PR [Kthxbye is] dead to rights.
I wouldn't go this far. I sense sincerity in Kthxbye's posts. You don't, Spyrex?

What about Porkens?

---
Porkens 197 wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Horror

He's posting in other games but not this one.
I'm really just about equal at this point; I'll lynch either of these guys.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Whoever can decode the above post, please clue the rest of us, namely me, in.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I think I get the first part though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

DS 212 wrote:I'm DeathSauce and I am a Miller.
Good, then it's no real loss role-wise.
DS 212 wrote:1) RedCoyote. Especially this
RedCoyote wrote:
Fate 104 wrote:Well we have a month before the deadline, but wagoning an absentee just isn't productive.
Are you always so townie sounding? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. I feel like you always sound town to me...
^^^ makes me want to puke.
And? You point this out, yet you fail to explain why it causes you or should cause anyone else discomfort.

I'm of the opinion that a town-sided player should be as open as possible in the game. He should never hesistate to point out when something sounds town or scum, never try to hide his feelings, etc.

So if that made you sick, then I suggest you run to the toilet for this one.

I think Spyrex sounds townie.

Nausea come back yet?

I think Porkens is very townie sounding.

Can you handle anymore?

I love me some Budja this game.

One last one...

I still think you're a good lynch today.
DS 212 wrote:Also, his statement that he won't vote for cruelty because he tunneled him in another game.
Obviously taken out of context. I would not participate in the wagon that was created for cruelty earlier in the game, mostly because cruelty's town play was unorthodox to me in a previous game, so I suspect it would be unorthodox to me now.

---
Spyrex 226 wrote:For the record, posts like this one are why I think Zang is town on fire versus scum pretending to be on fire.
Maybe. Like I said, I'm very open to the idea that he struggles to communicate as effectively because of a language barrier, but, you know, we'll see what happens.

---
cruelty 249 wrote:I feel like there's some sort of conclusion being reached that's flying way over my head, can someone explain?
Join the club, my friend.

---

The only reason I'm not voting DS right now is because I think DDD has the right, given that his vote is on this wagon, to make a post here.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Insane Cop (assuming Almaster is even a Cop and not some other investigative role) + Miller = :\

Almaster, why did you choose DDD?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Porkens 323 wrote:I'm a tad confused here, Kthx. I thought your reason for saying "maybe he's not a cop" was perfectly obvious (see Zang 318, of all things), but when pressed you avoided the questions and just repeated repeating that you weren't Rolefishing. In fact, you go so far as to attack the person that said you were rolefishing. Makes me think you actually were Rolefishing.
Preach on, Porkens. This is exactly the interpretation I got.

Again, Porkens and Budja make solid arguments that I think carry weight.

---
Kthx 324 wrote:Also note, that those not on the lynch of DDD are my personal first suspects. (Budja, Fate, RedCoyote). Saying this out loud so to speak is prolly gonna land me some heat, but it makes logical sense and I'm wondering why it's not being done.
This is fair, you know, it deserves to be prodded into a little bit. Normally I am more aggressive, but I honestly wanted to hear DDD's claim before you hammered him. I think your hammer is the only thing that's keeping me from voting you at the moment, but I'm curious why you seem to be getting very defensive over something that seems fairly cut and dry to me.

You called Almaster a Cop (or "possibly not a Cop"). That was an assumption on your part. The question d3x was asking was why did you go for that assumption as opposed to saying, "...or Almaster isn't a PR..."? Was it just a mistake?

---
cruelty 328 wrote:I'm not really sure that we can read much into the DDD wagon, once a guilty verdict is in there's no incentive for scum to argue against the lynch. Therefore I tend to think that a position on or off the wagon is essentially null. At the very least, given how short the day was, I'm not about to condemn anyone for not being on it.
This is a fair point as well. That being said, I'm going to have to say that I'm possibly favoring a lynch on you today, cruelty. I've wanted to be more critical of myself when reading you, and I've found something very strange about the interaction between you, DDD, and Fate.

DDD/cruelty
cruelty 125 wrote:It's page 5, day 1. There's no way I'm not going to have doubts about my vote - I'm happy and willing to concede that AGM, despite being the scummiest player in the game (imo, of course) at this point is quite possibly town. With that in mind, I'm not going to ramp up the votes this early, with so little information out there.
Here is cruelty's response to Fate's argument that cruelty is suspicious for not being willing to pressure Almaster. Essentially cruelty is saying here that he doesn't want to bring a wagon to L-2 because he could be wrong about him and the scum could possibly take advantage of the situation. This post in and of itself is kind of strange, and it would cause waves with multiple people including...
DDD 128 wrote:But for town to lose those assets, scum would have to suicide. And I really can't think of a single town asset that I wouldn't trade for two scum; hell I don't think there's more than one or two roles than I wouldn't trade for a single scum. Explanation simply doesn't fly.

Unvote; Vote: cruelty
DDD says pointedly that cruelty is way offbase with this statement. DDD had just got through making a post whining about how his Almaster wagon lost its numbers. It almost seems artifical that he would quickly abandon that sentiment and jump to cruelty over one post.
cruelty 130 wrote:What?

My thinking is this: AGM in my mind was at L3. If I put him at L2, then it just takes one gimp to come bumbling along and vote him (and I'm very conscious that Zang is in the game), then scum can quickly hammer, getting 2 chances to knock off town assets + gaining the benefit of town going into day2 essentially blind. I don't really want that to happen; I might be naively optimistic but I'm holding out hope that we'll happen upon a relatively sure thing rather than lynching someone based on weak reasoning which is the inevitable hallmark of a day 1 lynch.
Going back on this, it really sounds like malarkey. I don't know. Take this answer how you will, as it would eventually get Fate to back off, but I'm more concerned with what DDD has to say.
DDD 155 wrote:He did basically say he left the Horror wagons solely because of V/LA and was using the time to explore other avenues.

The awkward thing is how he announces it; personally I think if you're going to do something, just do it, no need to disclaimer everything twelve ways to Sunday, but it still feels more like a legitimate playstyle difference to me than for example cruelty's recent failure of an argument and calling that a playstyle difference.
Nothing. DDD has absolutely nothing to say about cruelty's explanation other than disagreeing with it, despite jumping his precious Almaster wagon for him. DDD makes a comment about horror and Fate here, basically throwing some light suspicion at Fate without really making a move. Again, the point here is in what isn't being said.
DDD 157 wrote:Is there really a functional difference between re-voting horror with no new content a day before he comes back and after he comes back? I could see your argument if he had provided new reasons that it could be considered unsporting to do that while horror was gone, but I don't really see any practical difference if he was merely resuming his position on the wagon.
More Fate talk in response to d3x. No mention of cruelty or Almaster.
DDD 160 wrote:But at the same time you don't want to take pressure off him simply he went on V/LA; and if you encourage behavior that allows that to happen then you've created a perverse system where people can damp suspicion on themselves by going on V/LA.
See above.
DDD 200 wrote:
Porkens wrote:

He's posting in other games but not this one.

Well that seals it for me.
And that's the end of the cruelty wagon for DDD.

In summation, the whole cruelty wagon seems relatively artifical. cruelty never really has any further discussions with DDD so far as I can tell, and neither does Fate. My conclusion is that there is a scum between Fate and cruelty, and I think I would be open to lynching either or possibly both. I'm leaning toward cruelty at the moment though.

Vote: cruelty
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

:|
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

cruelty 338 wrote:Your case against me is based on the varying degrees with which DDD (proven scum) interacted with me? You got any instances where I'm actually doing something scummy, or is this all related to the -only- (proven) villainous player in the game?
How do you explain DDD's relationship with you? Do you think he was sincerely interested in pressuring you? In lynching you? I noticed you never really had any discussion with him and vice versa. Also, you on the Kthx wagon, despite Kthx hammering DDD, seemed a little peculiar. I mean, you put Kthx at L-1 without really giving it a second thought,
cruelty 338 wrote:
vote: kthx

I think this puts him at L1.
But you were scared to vote Almaster during D1,
cruelty 84 wrote:
Budja wrote:
[cruelty] wrote:That's how I read it. That said, I'm unwilling to push his wagon any further because I know that I've done this in the past as town (and I don't want to be a part of a day 1 quicklynch),
So would you be voting for Almaster if he had less votes? (i.e is he your scummiest).
Yeah I'd prob sling him a vote. I'm nowhere near suspicious enough to lynch though.
It seemed very contradictory to me.
cruelty 338 wrote:I'm not particularly thrilled about this to be honest, I don't really rate your case, I think you're walking well-trodden ground with the day1 lynch stuff, and I think picking and choosing select things that scum said is dangerous (at best).
Well what did you get from reading DDD on D1 after his flip? Nothing?

---

I don't know if there were two mafia on that wagon, but I think we can all agree there was at least one.

Budja
, Porkens, Fate, cruelty,
Kthxbye

I think cruelty is being insincere. Fate's Kthx vote seemed more justified, and I didn't have a problem with Porkens' vote.

Vote: cruelty
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, I didn't see any softclaim. Regardless of my conclusion, do either of you disagree with my logic?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

cruelty 353 wrote:You addressed him a grand total of once. Should I read into that? Maybe I should, that one time was you disagreeing with him then going off on an unrelated (to DDP) tangent. Your iso 1, incidentally. This some sort of early-game distancing or what?
Get real, cruelty. My accusation was serious. DDD's vote on you was sketchy, and I'll hold to that forever and a day.
cruelty 353 wrote:I think it was a weak play given that he -was- behaving scummy and it's possible (not probable) that there's all town on his wagon.
It's very unlikely and you know it. I'll acknowledge the first part, he was definitely behaving scummy. But for you to push the idea that all remaining scum are between me, d3x, and Almaster is silly. The scum knew Kthx was town, and the town didn't. Period.
cruelty 353 wrote:Post 334, you note that both Porkens and Budja amde strong arguments - both were all over Kthx. You follow this up with a little bit of a dig at Kthx yourself, then abruptly launch into a failure of a case incriminating myself and Fate along with DDD. Capped, of course, by a vote for me. Reading back on that post, through your quotes and conclusions, it really stands out as being incredibly flimsy. I'll elaborate on this a little later, for now I need sleep.
I don't know what makes it flimsy. I was right about Budja, I was right to hold my suspicions back of Kthx (unlike, say, you), and I'm going to be right in my conclusion that at least one of you and Fate are scum.

---
Fate 354 wrote:I'm starting to wonder if scum killed Budja to "narrow down" the wagon on Kthx, so they could push a lynch easier. That's what you are doing RC, and it is noted.
Well, first of all, that's complete WIFOM. Second of all, I think any reasonable townie looking at the current game would agree that you or Porkens should be today's lynch. I know that probably doesn't sit well with either of you, but it is not probable that the Kthxbye lynch had no scum on it.

---
Almaster 355 wrote:Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I have no additional data.
On the one hand, I think you are playing with fire by being so secretive, but on the other, you making it through two nights does ease my concerns a bit.
Almaster 355 wrote:cruelty - I'll buy his Vig claim unless there's a CC.
To be honest, I'm not convinced. I asked directly and clearly for someone to point toward a "softclaim" or breadcrumbing from earlier in the game, and no one has been able to do so yet. Moreover, if I recall correctly, cruelty was absolutely not on board with a scumZang read, and argued, instead, for scumAlmaster on D1. I don't recall cruelty ever documenting a change in opinion over this, but if someone can prove me wrong I will drop the point.
Almaster 355 wrote:Fate's theory also makes sense, especially since cruelty being on the kthx wagon was one of his main contentions against cruelty.
Like hell it does. Fate is just being opportunistic. Tell me you can see that, Almaster.

---
Fate 356 wrote:I'd also like to point out that scum are more likely to go back and point out "connections" between their dead scumbuddies and town more often than town. (Well, RC caliber town anyway).
Well I appreciate the comment, but this is a completely unsubstantiated opinion. I would argue very much to the contrary. Connections between dead scum and other players are the best pieces of evidence out there, short of an investigation or serious slip.

---

Anyways, regardless of cruelty's actual role, him claiming the second shot makes it unlikely he was DDD's partner. That doesn't necessarily mean that he's town-aligned though.

Still, I think that just means we have an easier decision before us. Fate or Porkens.

Unvote; vote: Fate
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

What do I know? I think a lot of people sound townie. XD

Maybe a no lynch would be in order though. We do have Almaster still here.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fate 364 wrote:I thought the numbers were 50% from your PoV, Red? Doesn't get much better than that even with a no lynch.
How do you argue that an extra investigation would make it worse?

---
cruelty 365 wrote:You know that the first shot was the mafia kill?
What do you mean? You shot Budja? I just doubt that the scum would get two kills in one night.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You think it was a straight town lynch too, Porkens?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Porkens 374 wrote:I think the scum are staying off the wagons. Look at the DDD lynch
You've got some balls, Porkens. You think it's me
and
Fate then?

If it's both of us, just lynch Fate with me. 8-)

---
cruelty 375 wrote:Then all of a sudden in quote 3 he's separating me from DDD; it's now unlikely that I'm mafia, I must be an SK (or some other anti-town role).
I'm saying you're not connected to DDD, I don't think. I didn't realize you had a killing role, which I think you probably do. You're likely either a Vigilante or an SK (perhaps with a night-kill immunity *cough* N2 *cough*), but in either case I wouldn't connect that role to DDD.
cruelty 375 wrote:What I don't understand, is why you're making this separation - in your scenario it makes more sense (in my mind) for me to be mafia opportunistically claiming our (my hypo mafia team's) kill on zang to be a vigi kill, whilst a third party killed Budja. That scenario would fit a lot more neatly with your belief in a cruelty/ddd scumbuddy system than outing me as some lunatic third party.
I don't know what you mean. I called you and DDD scumbuddies because I didn't like the way he voted you. This is, like, reverse WIFOM.
cruelty 375 wrote:And yeah, the scum knew he was town, and you also acknowledge he was scummy. Why is it unreasonable to acknowledge that it's possible (however unlikely) that the scum sat back and let town lynch him?
Because I know I'm town. XD

Seriously though, even if I was in your position I wouldn't say that the remaining mafia are between me, d3x, and Almaster. I go with what's reasonable, and that's not reasonable. I acknowledge that it's possible, but possibility doesn't mean squat if it ain't reasonable.
cruelty 375 wrote:This isn't a two-way relationship you're trying to desperately to expose, it's a bunch of crap said by a villain that you're trying (and failing) to link to me. Flimsy.
I guess what you don't get, or don't respect, about my position is that I'm trying to do something called scumhunting. I wasn't comfortable with the Kthx wagon. I stated that clearly. I said that Kthx should've gotten more credit for his DDD hammer.

What am I supposed to do then? I'm supposed to scumhunt. I'm supposed to look for inconsistencies and things that don't look townie. I'm sorry if I "fail" at scumhunting, but I am trying my best. You know what role you are, and I don't. Maybe it was clear to Fate that you were a shooting role because of some softclaim (which I have yet to see quoted), but it wasn't clear to me.

I still stand behind my conclusion that DDD's relationship with you and Fate was strange. In your case it appears as though there's nothing to it, but that doesn't necessarily mean Fate isn't connected to him.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod 1 wrote:Unvotes are
mandatory
when changing votes.
I'll go with y'all. Even if only because I want to see what happens to cruelty overnight.

Unvote; vote: No Lynch
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You drew the attention to yourself with the claim.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fate 389 wrote:Or because he's likely town with his claim and you think if he doesn't die you can shed suspicion on him tomorrow as a SK?
I didn't know what he was, Fate. He didn't sound town aligned to me. He didn't claim until after I voted him, after which I logically pulled back a bit.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

My claim is a Townie.

Are y'all ready for this though? I don't have a name either. My role is a public figure who enjoys the successes of the free market.

Hmmm...

d3x came on pretty strong against Porkens for the name thing, but going back to the first post we see that clearly other Vanillas had names. In fact, every dead Vanilla has a name, so, if I was in d3x's position, I would be very surprised at Porkens' claim too.

I don't think we can use the names as tools, frankly. I think we're going to have to consider them null for the time being. Additionally, I'm fairly sure Roger Enright is a character in the book.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Scratch that somewhat. I would say this has made me more comfortable in Porkens position as town, knowing that I'm not the only player without a name. I hadn't even realized that I didn't have a name until I went back and checked with the role PM.

I imagine this was probably purposeful, to have me and Porkens come up without names.

Fate?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm sorry, Mod. I wasn't trying to subvert the rules, but I figured if the other players were allowed to post their names than I'd be able to announce my "name".

---
Porkens 415 wrote:For whom was is purposeful?
For the game.

---
Almaster 417 wrote:Actions remaining: Commute; Roleblock
Is commute like a bus driver role?
Almaster 417 wrote:Current top two pick for scum: d3x and RC.
Ugh. Surely you don't think this, Almaster. Kthxbye killed himself in vain?

---
Fate 418 wrote:Rest of town: what say you? AGM is definitely scum right? (If I'm town, and vice versa.)
I don't know, the last time someone claimed Watcher on me, I believed him. I had a very good scumread on him, and I was slowly convincing the rest of the town to jump aboard the wagon. I also happened to track him to the kill the previous night. It was a sure thing, until he claimed Watcher.

He was a Watcher alright, a mafia Watcher.

---
Porkens 422 wrote:No one, except for dx, has claimed a name (correct?). I'm guessing that names are being assigned POST death. From the fiasco early today, I believe DX is lynchable.
That's a good point.

---

I believe both Almaster and Fate's claims, I'm just not sure what alignment Fate has.

I'm still leaning toward scum, because I don't really get his D3 play otherwise. I'd have to imagine he'd want to feel the town out more, rather than rush to a lynch.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fate 424 wrote:Therefore, I don't care about your day play. I care about the fact that you claimed "made myself BP" (never seen a Joat with anything remotely close to that). That is what's off, you didn't "commute" or "hide" that night to explain my no-result on the watch.
I've got to admit I agree with you here. I haven't seen many JOATs before, but these powers seem awfully random.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fate 426 wrote:So am I scum or is AGM?

Pick a side RC.
Easy, Fate. This is a lot to process. It's really freaking hard for me to accept that I was the only townie who was able to restrain myself from quicklynching Kthx.
Porkens 427 wrote:RC: I'm still lost. What would be the point of just you and me not having names?
As a curveball. We seem to be the only 'nillas without names. I like your conclusion better though, that names are assigned post-death.

I think I... want to lynch d3x, too. :\
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

:O
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Almaster 444 wrote:explain the presence of the Godfather and Miller. You think they are both there to throw us off setup-spec?
Ah, so that's why d3x hammered himself. It gives the scum another talking point. Maybe if you would've held back a bit on this one it would've come across as a little more genuine.

Well, it's pretty clear Almaster has decided to make it me versus him.

Vote: AlmasterGM

Unless one of the other players no killed, crossing their fingers that they wouldn't be roleblocked, which is, for me, too slim of a possibility to consider.

Heck, I'll even back a no lynch today, and I'll guarantee you that Almaster will still be alive.

Do you believe Almaster is a JOAT with a BP vest who hasn't been shot despite two nights with no kills or do you believe he's scum?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, I'm really town, so...

Are we good?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (isolation #32) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ugh. This game will not make it on my greatest hits reel. I think I was wrong about just about everything except for Budja.

I would say, as always, if you're town, please, please, please do not vote yourself, and if you're scum you should only do it under limited circumstances.

What a shame that Porkens switched his night action!

I have no vendetta against you, cruelty. I knew there was scum between you, Fate, and Porkens, and my reads just turned out to be off.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (isolation #33) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Far be it from me to criticize the Mod or the game he ran, especially when the game was run well and efficiently. I especially liked the flavor and the attention that was paid to the vote counts and day/night phases. I'm not going to cry or stamp my feet because someone doesn't like me or the way I played. All I want to reiterate is that I was not intentionally attempting to harm the game or the other player's chances of winning. Like d3x noticed, I honestly thought that what I said was broad enough that it wouldn't make a difference.

But the rules are the rules, and if the Mod doesn't accept that, then that's his decision and I will respect it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”