Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

GG guys, well played. Baltar fail. :D

Spyrex gets my MVP, well played, well read.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I thought it was weird he had a full name but claiming "I CAN KILL MYSELF" did a lot to counteract that.

This was a hoot, like always. Whatever the mojo is in your games is awesome Vi.

And Nik is some kinda mad genius. I liked everything about those reads but even then... wow.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Hehe, thanks guys! I enjoyed playing in the game for as short a period as I had. I'm glad I accepted your invitation, Vi. :D
SpyreX wrote:Whatever the mojo is in your games is awesome Vi.
100% agree. I'm going to try to not miss another Vi game from now on. *Stalk stalk*
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by Herodotus »

When I put in the potential to multilynch, I didn't really expect almost half the player list to die at once, and certainly not two scum. Oh well~
This was to contrast with Percy's incarnation of the game when the D1 lynch got >7 votes.
I think this is a matter of the players. Some of us love lynching, and most of us figure a multiple lynch is in the town's best interests.
Vi wrote:
Jahudo 921 wrote:And what was I supposed to do with Echoing Voice? It seemed pointless to me to the point that I wouldn't have claimed it if pressed to.
Maybe if it didn't count as an action I would have had some fun with it. :twisted:
"Hi, I'm a Tracker. You don't know me, but I saw ___ target the person who just died. Check it out!"
An investigation result might not be trusted when someone isn't willing to take the blame if it misleads the town.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

Nikanor wrote:Oh hey, I called two of three scum! Not too shabby. :D
Great game, Vi! It was far too short.
I hate you by the way... :P
vi wrote:Spaceballs: The Best Of gives the recipient an avatar of Yogurt. Wearing it is compulsory. Seriously. Refusing to wear it will force a modkill.
muahahahah! awesome. I totally picked the best moychendise to give.

Sorry you had to get stuck in that position jazz.

D1 I wasn't supposed to get lynched. I was stalking the thread and trying to count votes to find out when I could place a hammer vote and prevent a triple purge (one of which being me). I could have had a chance at playing it off as me being against a triple purge as I stated all game. Maybe it gets me killed the next day, or maybe I vote sotty to purge her, she decides to kill SC instead of MO, and MO continues bussing me the next day and doesn't get vigged the next night.

But as I was stalking the thread and counting votes, I read the post from vi where voting was closed. So I completely dropped the ball there. Still thought MO was going to come out looking pretty good the next day tho, but man... multi purging... For a little while, it almost seemed like 3 townies were going to get purged D1. That would have changed things big time. If there were no multipurges, theres no way I get lynched after my claim. But, since there are multipurges, might as well purge the possible third party as well even though theres no way he could win as that role once he claimed - all you had to do was tell me to stop handing out moychendise and I'm no threat to the town as hypo 3rd party.

bah... really. Maybe I could have been a little more active, but it seemed like every time I turned around, someone was calling me scum for no apparent reason. I was gone for a long weekend and this and one other game starts up while I'm gone, and I never really got caught up in either. :(

I think I've decided that I absolutely suck at being scum, and my first game on the site was a fluke. I can't remember if I've won a game as scum since, but I don't think so.

Anyways... great game Vi as always. Great flavor. I love being an olympic event now :D. I hope my performance in this game doesn't get me blacklisted from future game invites...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Gamma wrote:VP should Jazz turn out to be the last scum I apologize for dem tunnelans.
It's otay. You weren't really
wrong
, but you could have also recognized that I had my reasons.
Nikanor wrote:Oh hey, I called two of three scum! Not too shabby.
^5

Thoughts:

Sotty is the shizznit. I was really upset that she had to be purged Day 1 because I was like 95% certain she was town, but town was being dumb about it and I figured I could still give my benefits to Jahudo the next day. Leave it to Sotty to turn lemons into lemonade. Mad props to you since you basically won the game.

Jazz was in a terrible spot at the start of the second day and her refusal to be purged basically confirmed to me that she had to be the last scum. Sucks to be in that position.
Hero wrote:VP, I'm sorry if you think it was stupid to contradict your statements about your role. But I had a reason to believe that you had made a fakeclaim -- I even double checked that your statement was meant as a full claim. The site meta tends to be that fakeclaims are scummy.
I don't blame you at all actually. I probably would have done the same if I was in your position. Unfortunately when I have a powerrole, I tend to not care about other people's information that can make my claim look weird. My main objective was to make it to Incantation II and give something beneficial to Jahudo. I wasn't going to be much use beyond that, so looking scummy for it meant nothing to me really. I probably should have played it better so Gamma wouldn't have had so many issues with me, but I still say that receiving Summon was a strange choice from Juls. Glad she didn't give it to Rhinox though!

Oh, and sorry about the avatar change. lol. Never occured to me that would be an issue!
Vi wrote:When I put in the potential to multilynch, I didn't really expect almost half the player list to die at once, and certainly not two scum. Oh well~
Clearly you forgot the unwritten law of "Less chat, more splat". Thanks for modding. A fun game as always.
Vi wrote:Notice: Anyone who doublevoted on the day of an NK was confirmed to NOT be the person who made that kill.
'doh....that should have occured to me.
SC wrote:Baltar fail.
No. :P I stand by my decision.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar wrote:Sotty is the shizznit. I was really upset that she had to be purged Day 1 because I was like 95% certain she was town, but town was being dumb about it and I figured I could still give my benefits to Jahudo the next day. Leave it to Sotty to turn lemons into lemonade. Mad props to you since you basically won the game.
<3

I was really pissed when I got home from the gym to find myself purged. My initial reaction was to kill Spy, him and his reasoning around the double vote was why I was in that mess and it made me Grrr...!

Thankfully I sat myself down and just read the crazy lead up to that triple purge. With three deaths I wasn't sure if using my kill was the best idea but then I reasoned that at very worse it would be two townie deaths because I believed Rhinox to be 3rd party.

MO was the only person I considered killing outside of my initial primal desire to murder Spy in brutal fashion. The way Troll waltzed back into the game and pretty much talked himself out of the lynch was not cool at all. Then I remembered how scummy PZ was in pushing me during the game and I couldn't let them go. I wasn't going to let another California trilogy happen all over again. So I took a deep breath and shot. Thankfully I was right.

That leads me to Serial. Sorry man, I really thought you were scum :oops:

The game was really fun to read even after I was dead. We had a great group of players here I think and of course Vi is a great mod. Spy made up for day one with his ownage of Jazz in the end there so yay.

We should do this again sometime 8-)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

No worries Sotty, we were both wrong (although I corrected in game :D :D)

I just think it shows a good respect of each others' skill.

VP on the other hand is just bad :D Standing by a meta read that was out and out wrong lol
I'm old now.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

bte, I kept meaning to ask...

Jahudo, is the cute puppy in your avatar yours? Do I need to bring my puppy avatar back so others can vote on who's is cuter? :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Rhinox »

EBWOP: should be btw, not bte
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Jahudo »

Rhinox wrote:bte, I kept meaning to ask...

Jahudo, is the cute puppy in your avatar yours? Do I need to bring my puppy avatar back so others can vote on who's is cuter? :P
Yes and Yes. And I think cute avatars help make you look pro-town. :)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Vi »

Jahudo 935 wrote:And I think cute avatars help make you look pro-town. :)
This is actually true.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vi wrote:
This is actually true.
Maybe I should try this....
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Herodotus »

Rhinox wrote:D1 I wasn't supposed to get lynched. I was stalking the thread and trying to count votes to find out when I could place a hammer vote and prevent a triple purge (one of which being me). I could have had a chance at playing it off as me being against a triple purge as I stated all game. Maybe it gets me killed the next day, or maybe I vote sotty to purge her, she decides to kill SC instead of MO, and MO continues bussing me the next day and doesn't get vigged the next night.
I suspect Sotty would have vigged you in that scenario... though if you'd redirected from yourself, you could have taken out another townie before being purged.
VP Baltar wrote:Oh, and sorry about the avatar change. lol. Never occured to me that would be an issue!
You had no reason to think it might. I was the only one who had information about the merchandise/avatar connection, and it made me too sensitive in looking at avatars.
Vi wrote:Notice: Anyone who doublevoted on the day of an NK was confirmed to NOT be the person who made that kill.
What if multitasker had allowed a player to use the factional kill along with their (A) abilities? Until I looked at multitasker more carefully, I assumed Rhinox had performed the kill. In that case, Jazzmyn could have really tracked a player.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Sotty7 wrote: The way Troll waltzed back into the game and pretty much talked himself out of the lynch was not cool at all.
Not even a little bit? Damn. I'm never going to get to be cool enough to eat my lunch at the popular kids' table, am I?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

Will someone please just hammer Jazz?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Nikanor 937 wrote:
Vi wrote:
This is actually true.
Maybe I should try this....
I don't think that one's going to work tbh. Try going for something less otaku and with a higher image quality.
Herodotus 938 wrote:What if multitasker had allowed a player to use the factional kill along with their (A) abilities? Until I looked at multitasker more carefully, I assumed Rhinox had performed the kill. In that case, Jazzmyn could have really tracked a player.
I'm kind of iffy about completely free abilities like that in a game where restriction is a big part of balance - if that slot was Purged first; then scum would have been unduly burdened later.
Porkens 940 wrote:Will someone please just hammer Jazz?
She's married.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vi wrote:I don't think that one's going to work tbh. Try going for something less otaku and with a higher image quality.
Ugh. Okay.
How's this one?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Vi »

Nikanor wrote:
Vi wrote:I don't think that one's going to work tbh. Try going for something less otaku and with a higher image quality.
Ugh. Okay.
How's this one?
It's a standard stock picture, so people who don't know you will think you're a newb (lol)
Quality isn't very good, but the original pic's quality wasn't that good in the first place. Two minutes in GIMP gives an avatar that's better, but kind of meh because of the grays and... I don't know, it feels artificial.
(consider flipping horizontally to create the illusion that the kitten is speaking your posts =o.o= )
Maybe another kittypic?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Jahudo »

I believe this is the place to go for mafiascum cuteness: Brandi's Art Thread.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'll kill you regardless of avatar. I don't discriminate in my blood lust.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Nikanor »

What if I put up a picture of... yourself? :o

How's this one? I started using GIMP instead of Paint to edit my pictures; I figured that would make my image quality a little bit better. :/
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Nikanor »

Oh well. I'll just stick with this one (I flipped the picture around, hehehe).
It makes me feel all feminine and stuff.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Excellent game, all around (well, except for my screw up with the fake claim - I've never fake claimed before, could you tell?) ;) and many thanks to Vi for modding. It was good fun.

Cheers,
Jazz
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:38 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza