Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Faraday »

I <3 diagrams.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

Are you town Snow? I hammered you. Sorry to cut our playing together experience short.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Snow White »

No Hoopla. I should not have lied. I deserved to be hammered and i am sorry to all for acting so foolishly.

I was indeed a town FBI agent.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:59 am

Post by RedCoyote »

hito 646 wrote:Is Tracker-VT lying about his role a big enough possibility that we don't lynch Snow White?
It seems like such a weird role to fake though, that's what really grinds my gears. I'm so hesistant to do anything at this point, because I think this may leave me starting from scratch. If SW is lying, then that's a serious blow to both Hoopla and Ed. I mean, Hoopla, Ed, and The Tracker were all kind of coming to bat for one another, pushing this idea that the setup is revolving around the idea of an investigative role minus the usage of it.

---
hito 648 wrote:Also, I just realized that RC asked for SW's 'claim' and I never raised an eyebrow as to why. But come to think of it, asking for a claim makes it LOOK like that slot never claimed, which is useful in this situation to try to catch scum.

Nicely played, sir.
Thanks! I shouldn't take complete credit though. The reason my claim seemed casual and honest is probably because it was. I
almost
followed the post up, re-reading it an hour later or so, with a clarification that mistakenly hadn't realized that The Tracker already claim. I just left it there instead on the off chance something like this would happen.

---
cruelty 654 wrote:incidentally does snow white's claim make anyone else think twice about ed's and hoopla's?
Yes, absolutely.

---
SW 670 wrote:@Hoopla. Id start re-evaluating yoour reads now.
A little WIFOM never hurt anybody. :P
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Crap :(
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:02 am

Post by cruelty »

EdFrost wrote:Ok, so Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty: Do you really think that RC would lay that kind of trap as a scumbuddy? Will you finally move on with your tunneling (specifically cruelty)?

sorry who am i tunnelling on now?

i'm not voting for nor have i really talked about rc at all today.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 am

Post by cruelty »

oh day's over huh.

i'm almost certain hito is scum (#1 pick now, sorry rc you've been demoted) with hoopla/rc/ed filling out the remaining spots.
the nexus of the crisis
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Faraday »

Snow White wrote: I was indeed a town FBI agent.
:shock:
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 am

Post by cruelty »

actually looking at the votecount day isn't over (5 to lynch, hoopla was #4 i think) unless i missed something.

vote: hito

if i miscounted i look like a damn fool now.
the nexus of the crisis
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Faraday »

If Snow is town it's game over, I'm pretty sure.

if she's scum and WIFOM'ing then I still don't know how it effects Ed/hoopla. We have had a doc enabler flip, so maybe Tracker got lucky? Idk.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Faraday »

Ed/Nacho/Me/Hito/Hoopla = 5/
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 am

Post by cruelty »

aaaaand i'm a damn fool, missed hito's vote. lol.
the nexus of the crisis
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Wait, what?

I'm so confused right now.....
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Hoopla »

Snow White wrote:No Hoopla. I should not have lied. I deserved to be hammered and i am sorry to all for acting so foolishly.

Did I do it right, hito?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Scum need to pull out the: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And all the townies need to pull out the: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Hoopla »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:15 am

Post by RedCoyote »

My losing streak continues at five.

I'm just going to start getting everyone to lynch me D1 from here on out.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

gg unless something very strange is going down.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 am

Post by EdFrost »

Looks like we need a mod.

Snow White: If you're telling the truth (now) about really being an FBI agent, why the FUCK would you lie about it when it's obviously MyLo (mod confirmed) and we're massclaiming? The point of massclaiming is that people TELL THE TRUTH. There was no gambit to be had; obviously I claimed what I had so there's no point hiding (pseudo) power roles.

If you're town, I... don't know what I'm gonna do, but maybe I'll e-punch this game.
RAWR
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hoopla wrote:
Snow White wrote:No Hoopla. I should not have lied. I deserved to be hammered and i am sorry to all for acting so foolishly.

Did I do it right, hito?
Yep! That's awesome.

Also let's not throw in the towel just yet. I've seen plenty of lynched scum still put up the townie facade to the bitter end.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Final Vote Count

Snow White (5)
EdFrost, Nachomamma8, hitogoroshi, Faraday, Hoopla

hitogoroshi (1)
cruelty
(I'm making this count out of pity!)

Not Voting (2)
RedCoyote, Snow White

With eight alive, it took five to bury alive. Snow White has 'achieved' a majority.

The town had to take great caution today, for amongst the eight of them still alive, three were PURE EVIL (as clearly printed on a pamphlet labelled 'Important Information' distributed throughout the town before the deaths occured). The town had to lynch these three scum consecutively without error to save their town.

Hoopla, noticing this predicament, suggested that town be sensible with their votes, calling for the revelation of all their identities. But this massclaim proved largely uneventful, thus Faraday had the brilliant idea of trying to trick one of the possible scum. "Snow White should claim, pronto." Some of the town raised their eyebrows, remembering that the player in question already had their apparent role outed D1. Just as one of them was about to point this out, he found his mouth quickly clapped by hitogoroshi's right hand, his left hand motioning him to be quiet. "I'm vanilla" were the words uttered by Snow White in response, followed by a string of eyes opening wide and jaws dropping. EdFrost and Nachomamma8 immediately called Snow White out on her blatant lie, which Snow White quickly retracted while sweating puddles. But it was too late, for hitogoroshi and Faraday had already finished digging a really deep hole, into which EdFrost and Nachomamma8 threw Snow White's body before Hoopla pushed all the dirt back into it with a bulldozer. "Let's be sensible indeed", chuckled Hoopla before the townspeople went to sleep, confident that they had finally defeated one of the elusive scumbags.

That night, RedCoyote was lying comfortably under his blanket, dreaming about sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorns when one of the walls of his bedroom suddenly collapsed. RedCoyote jerked out of bed, noticing the sound of something extremely large and mechanical breathing down on him from the open space that usually accomodated a large portrait of his great aunt Gertrude. Looking up, he saw three figures illuminated by the moonlight standing atop a menacing yellow construction vehicle, carrying various weapons, gardening tools and antique Victorian torture equipment. He gulped as he uttered his final words: "Crap".

Snow White,
FBI Agent
, premature burial D3

Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate: I will reply with "found your guy" (if your target is a Serial Killer) or "nope" (if your target is not a Serial Killer).

Nothing can prevent the elimination of all members of the Town, none of the Mafia are dead and there is no longer any way for members of the Mafia to die -- the Mafia have satisfied their win condition! The Town loses horribly!

• RedCoyote,
    Vanilla Townie
    , heart carved out
    Nachomamma8,
    Vanilla Townie
    , head split in half
    cruelty,
    Vanilla Townie
    , stomach ripped open
    EdFrost,
    Firefighter
    , shredded into pieces

hitogoroshi,
    Mafia Goon
    , survived
    Hoopla,
    Mafia Goon
    , survived
    Faraday,
    Mafia Watcher
    , survived

The winners are hitogoroshi, Hoopla and Faraday! Congratulations! Thanks for playing in Nice'n'Fun Mafia. Setup, role PMs, night actions, comments and stuff like that coming eventually. Feel free to gloat or rage in the meantime!

"
That's it, man! Game over, man! Game over!
" - Private Hudson
Last edited by Cruciare on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by cruelty »

well played scum.

the tunneling thing was deliberate (sorry rc), was trying a half-assed strategy, tunneling on someone relatively town to see who rode with me (i would have gone hard against your wagon if it looked like getting through). it worked, 2/3 followed but oddly my strongest scumread was the one who didn't. probably won't use that again; it seems to be effective but my town cred was shot to pieces + too much focus on me as anti-town.

hito i honestly don't really know how i knew you were scum but i was fucking positive. soon as you started exaggerating/misrepping at the start of today i was thinking jackpot. it's a damn shame that claim came out and raped us.

faraday i didn't have much of a read on (slight town lean in the absence of any scumflips to work with), hoopla made me uneasy (as i stated earlier) but i probably wouldn't have actively pushed her lynch.

hydra.. don't like. hard to read.
the nexus of the crisis
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Amished »

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WOULD YOU CLAIM VANILLA AS A POWER ROLE IN MASSCLAIM! :(

Cruelty: odd strategies when you're not in possession of a "meta" of being weird (a la ABR, et al) will screw you over 90% of the time. You not hunting for scum (tunneling on somebody you think is town) will only make you that much weirder.

For hydras, you have to look at stances; just normal tells won't generally work as there isn't the impulsive crap going on, etc.

I knew that there wasn't an SK or Arsonist in the game... Hoopla, did you craft your miller claim on the fact that Vi helped review the setup?

BTW: I liked the possible flavor of having people search for a "killer" when the killer could be a doc; that was a nice twist to the setup, but it sucked that the twist died right away.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by cruelty »

yeah amished, my meta is all over the place (again, deliberately, i try to mix things up so i can't be pigeonholed) so aside from an intense hatred of day 1 i don't think there's a lot of consistency to be found.

i was scumhunting, i was just taking a deliberately contrary stance in order to see what would happen. as i said, it worked, but i never really got the chance to use it and honestly, probably wouldn't have given how much of a battering i had to take in order to play the role.

i'll chalk it off as a failed experiment.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”