Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Vote: don_johnson

Using the random vote for buddying purposes. Tsk.
Mindgamer, why is it boring to play w/people you know?
Quite the opposite. It's fun to play with people you know. Why? I don't know, that's just the way it is. Counterquestion: Why would it be boring to play with people you know?

Not saying playing with unknown people is boring of course. Meeting new people and discovering new playstyles is fun as well.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:06 am

Post by Mindgamer »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@Mindgamer: Would you call yourself and aggressive or passive player?
Unpredictable.
farside22 wrote:@Everyone: what is the best way to get out of RVS stage?
Starting some discussion. Like this:
DiscoRoboto wrote:The way to get out of the RVS is to actually discuss something, ask questions about things people say. Ask ask ask. If nobody says questionable things,
stay in the RVS until somebody does.
We all agree that the RVS in itself is not something from which the town can benefit, right? Then why would somebody advise to stay in the RVS? Town wants to get out of the RVS as soon as possible, scum doesn't

Unvote; Vote: Discoroboto

Fixed the bold tags around your vote - Chaco
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Mindgamer »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Guess this is the way out right now though.
No, this is serious business.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I didn't advise to stay in RVS.

It's obvious that you are getting scumtells just because you disregard the context. How do you get out of RVS if there's nothing to talk about?
By starting to talk yourself. If everyone would think like you, everybody would 'stay in the RVS until somebody says questionable things'. This would eventually come down to everyone keeping their mouth shut, because no one would start talking, and thus no one would say questionable things.
The RVS is fun and all, but it's not something we should base scumhunting on. Your attitude is quite anti-town.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Water_foul
i don't have much mafia experience so i don't know how to jump into RVS RQS type stuff. I will be much more active day 2.
Because on Day 2 you will suddenly have lots more experience? Huh? Is this your way of asking a freepass to Day 2?

@ McGriddle

Why are you asking DiscoRoboto these cool questions instead of me?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Mindgamer »

I accidentally typed my post in the wrong window...
I'm very sorry, could the mod please delete this post?

Done.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Mindgamer »

I don't like how Pwnman hasn't said anything yet outside his RVS vote and RQT answer.

Unvote. Vote: Pwnman
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

Difficult game, I can't really put my finger on anything scummy yet.

I think the 'the town AND me' is overexaggerated to be honest. DiscoRobot's defense of 'I'm out of the game and mislynch' makes perfect sense to me.

@ PaltryExcuse
DiscoRoboto is always agressive like this, this behaviour is not allignment-specific.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:25 am

Post by Mindgamer »

water_foul
These three are currently screaming scum team to me... Does any one else get this read?
Not me. Don't you think it's a bit early to already start calling scumteams?
Excerin
So you're not getting a replacement?
Why would he?
Light
alright then paltryexcuse, i will get more involved. tbh the other mafia game i've been participating in seems much more interesting
Quoted for truth. This game really hasn't been spectacular so far.
McGriddle
Yes I agree with pwnman lurking. Based off of meta, pwnman is a very active player and very aggressive when he is town, and a little more laxed and lurky when he is scum.
Is that so? Can you link me to the games you have researched?

-----

That was my post. At least I'm not posting fluff. :lol:

Oh, and
Vote: Don_johnson

I don't like the way he's been posting.

Moderator: I'd really like to know Pwnman's status. Is he going to be replaced?

He has 24 hours remaining to pick up his prod.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:09 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hewitt
The whole "well fine then lynch me and you'll just have a mislynch" defense? I don't know if I've ever seen players who are pro-town use that in order to prevent themselves from being lynched. In fact...
I've actually seen it once. Such a defense is a newbtell, not a scumtell.
don_johnson wrote:mindgamer: please expand. what don't you like about my posting? you seem to agree with some of the things i am bringing up, so i am confused as to what you are thinking is scum motivated.
Your first posts are mostly about game mechanics, and you vote McGriddle for wasting a post. I don't see why 'wasting a post' is scummy. And later on you give water_foul a scum point for the same reason. I can see why smokescreening is scummy, but if just one post is of lower quality... everyone has their ups and downs.

Your interaction with DiscoRoboto is also strange. You are defending him quite hard, and you agree with DR's vote on Excedrin because 'he's giving me a headache'. And you call him Adam. Buddying much?

Your last post is relatively big but it's actually about game mechanics again and more DiscoRoboto defense.

Not to mention you haven't scumhunted at all while we're already at page nine.

Your behaviour is not protown.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Mindgamer »

DiscoRoboto
I don't think scum is dumb so I'm not going to vote Hewitt.
DiscoRoboto
Vote: hewitt
yeah you can go imo.
What are you doing? And what's with all the insults? I see two possible motives:

1. DiscoRoboto is town and forces people to take positions.
2. DiscoRoboto is scum. The town was doing good and DiscoRoboto decided to make a sacrifice to take away all the attention.
3. DiscoRoboto fails.

Which one is it? I don't have a clue, I'm not used to this behaviour. -_-
water_foul
at this point I am pretty sure you are scum but instead of hammering you and cutting the day short I still think there is much to gain from a longer day.
Why is it so important to stall until deadline? I could agree if you brought up some stuff for discussion, but all you say is 'moar discussion'. To me it looks like you're just trying to score townpoints.
DiscoRoboto
Hoping you'd guys figured out without me saying I'd have to claim to explain.
A vanilla townie claim won't explain anything, so you have to be scum or mason. Wtf?

DiscoRoboto, I want a REALLY good explanation in your next post, otherwise I will vote you. Hammer or no hammer.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Mindgamer wrote: 1. DiscoRoboto is town and forces people to take positions.
2. DiscoRoboto is scum. The town was doing good and DiscoRoboto decided to make a sacrifice to take away all the attention.
3. DiscoRoboto fails.
The third option should have been striked instead of underlined...
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Unvote. Vote: DiscoRoboto

The last vote count is on page 8. Come on, moderator.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Mindgamer »

First, I want to request a deadline extension even though the mod is apparently not here. The deadline is reached in two days and this game has the no majority = no lynch rule. That's not fair if there is no moderator to prod players (Pwnman, McGriddle).

This game confuses me. It's basically been Don_Johnson vs Farside22 so far and I don't like it how the other players seem to have lost their voice. I already didn't like Don_Johnson but my dislike has grown even more. Mostly because of the 'frustration' argument. DiscoRoboto is annoying in this game, but not to the point where one would consider replacing out. That's just bullshit. I'm also going to
FoS
Excedrin for defending Don_Johnson's frustration.

As for DiscoRoboto himself... the claim now is that he was fishing for reactions. What have we learned? Summarise that for me please.

Deadline in two days. Normally I would talk about my favourite lynch candidate (Don_Johnson) but seriously, let's just extend this deadline.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hmm, hmm. Very interesting situation. I will do a good read before I make my final decision (assuming the deadline is still March 5th, which sucks).

In the mean time, I don't want anyone to hammer DiscoRoboto.
Unvote
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Mindgamer »

All right, the whole day has been wasted on Farside22 vs Don_Johnson. No further information, no further content, Don_Johnson only, Final Destination.
Don_Johnson
i had no idea the deadline was so close.
Mindgamer
First, I want to request a deadline extension even though the mod is apparently not here. The deadline is reached in two days and this game has the no majority = no lynch rule. That's not fair if there is no moderator to prod players (Pwnman, McGriddle).
Apparently you don't care about my posts, since you haven't read them. You know who doesn't care about posts? Scum.

Vote: Don_Johnson

My reread has basically given me an even stronger dislike of Don_Johnson. Whereas Farside22 has been actively scumhunting and giving opinions outside of the Don_Johnson discussion, Don_Johnson has only talked about his own. Boo-yah.
PaltryExcuse
You have until midnight Mar. 5th (deadline) to make your voice heard and elicit responses.
You're not worried about the deadline at all?
Light
ok i've pretty much skipped all of don_johnson's/discos/farside22 post, because they are all big.
Farside22 vs Don_Johnson is the core of this game. How can a townie be NOT interested in what they have to say? Owait, a scum isn't interested because he already has all the information.

Don_Johnson/PaltryExcuse/Light scum. Kthxbai.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Mindgamer »

PaltryExcuse
Where'd you get that impression?
You're so calm about the deadline. No panic, no request for an extension. Just a relaxed 'you have til the 5th of March'. Smells like scum.
Don_johnson
MINDGAMER: DO YOU JUST REALIZE THAT YOU MOVED YOUR VOTE FROM DISCOROBOTO TO ME? WHAT HAS CHANGED YOUR MIND ABOUT HIM? BECAUSE I DIDN"T RECOGNIZE THE DEADLINE WAS SO CLOSE THAT MAKES ME SCUM? WHY WERE YOU VOTING DISCO IN THE FIRST PLACE?
YES, I DO REALIZE. HIS REFUSAL TO CLAIM EVEN AT L-1 LEAVES ME IN DOUBT. I THINK A SCUM WOULD CERTAINLY HAVE CLAIMED. BUT YOU, ON THE OTHER HAND, I HAVE A STRONG SCUMREAD ON. SO I SWITCHED.

-----

Good to see the deadline has been extended. I see Don_johnson suggesting a policy lynch on Light. A 'bad player' policy lynch is absurd beyond belief. More scum points for Don_johnson but he already has over 9000 points anyway so who cares.
On to something more interesting: McGriddle. Open 207 just finished today and McGriddle had an amazing analysis in that game. Although the game was short it gives me enough reason to believe Farside22 when she says McGriddle is actually a very active player. In this game however, McGriddle is playing like the worst player of all time. What's going on? :? I can definitely agree with a McGriddle lynch.

Unvote. Vote: McGriddle

It is noted how Don_johnson suggested the policy lynch on Light but not on McGriddle, who plays in pretty much the same way.

-----

Oh btw I just found this in ISO
PaltryExcuse
I want at least an answer before the end of the day, but if Light can't get on in time... my vote is on a guy who can't defend in time which sucks.
Why does this suck? Light was and is not a lynch candidate for today so he would be able to give his answer on Day 2. Unless he is NK'ed in which case you also know enough. It seems like you're just trying to score easy town points.

Scumteam Don_johnson/McGriddle/PaltryExcuse. Yes sir.

Return to “Completed Open Games”