Open 205 - Medical Mafia - Game Over Too Soon?

kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by kyle99 »

/confirm
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by kyle99 »

XScorpion wrote:/CONFORM!
Yes, I'm being a rebel by conforming. Take that!
Conform or be cast out.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 am

Post by kyle99 »

Well, Mykonian's plan is certainty different, someone did a sorta-similar thing in another game, unfortunately that game is still going on, so I don't really know what he was.

It's certainly possible he's scum, but I'm not gonna put him at L1 quite yet.

FoS: Mykonian
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Looker wrote:1. Because that's all he did. He popped in, said "I'm not putting him at L-1", and then popped out. It just sorta stuck out to me. Do you disagree?

2. Not necessarily using it as a reason to vote him, just a point in explaining why I wasn't hesitant to vote him.

3. I was stating that he really didn't say anything in that post he posted, which would make my third point a valid one. Sorry for the confusion.

4. I just felt that that was where this discussion was going and I wanted to put that out in the open beforehand. They discuss plans and statistics and probabilities and it seems more players express a sense of gravity when it comes to these topics, but, to be honest, I don't too much care for them. They have their place, but they're not nearly as serious and as (I guess I would say "strict") as some make them out to be. I still don't like the thought of a "Town Leader", though, unless, of course, that Leader is me. Otherwise it's not worth the risk.
Wow looker, your reasoning is awful. You voted me because I didn't put someone at L1 before the mod even announces day one has started, and your vote seems to be just to start up a competing wagon to the Mykonian wagon. Scum-buddying, perhaps?
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Alright guys, I still think mykonian is possibly scum. Trying to focus on only the night-action instead of scumhunting is scummeh.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Meh, I'm not supporting a danny lynch simply because lurkers will be replaced, and lynching lurkers usually ends in a mislynch anyway.

Here's my list of people and me current reads:

SCUM
Mykonian
Looker
XScorpion
Light
Mindgamer
Disco
SaintKerrigan
Kyle99
TOWN

I have a null-read on Danny because he has appeared to have flaked from the site.

Mykonian is starting to seem slightly less scummy as I read, but he's still my top lynch-candidate, and some of his plans just don't make sense and are fairly scummy.

Looker went from saying that Danny was probably town to encouraging everyone to bandwagon him without even giving any reasononing. He's inactive, and he'll be replaced. Flaking is a null-tell, not a scum-tell.

XScorpion has come off appearing slightly scummy, but I've played with XScorpion-town before and his current playstyle fits this meta well.

This is where my list starts to get more towny, and light seems towny. Would like to see a bit more from him though.

Mindgamer seems fairly town, his posts have good logic and hasn't acted scummy at all.

Disco seems town, his posts are all excellent and he seems to be legitamently scumhunting.

I'm pretty confident that SaintKerrigan is town, he is definatly legitamently scumhunting and his posts are all well thoughtout and use good logic.

Kyle99 is obv-town.

Interested to hear more from Light and Danny's replacement.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Looker wrote:Also, to rival ...

SCUM

Mykonian
SaintKerrigan/Mindgamer
Light/Kyle/DiscoRoboto/Danny
XScorpion
Looker
TOWN
Damn, your list has color. Mine looks like a joke now :(

After mulling it over for a while, I still think Mykonian is the person to lynch now.
vote: Mykonian
I really think that we're going to win this game by scumhunting. Relying on night-actions could really blow up in our face.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:25 am

Post by kyle99 »

Sorry guys, I've been a bit busy with school and haven't had much time to play mafia. I'll probably only be able to get on once a day or so.

Looker, Light, and Mykonian are starting to look more town to me.

XScorpion is just coasting and doing almost no scumhunting.

Want to hear more from XScorpion and Danny's replacement.

unvote, vote: XScorpion
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Meh, Disco could be scum, but he's defending himself fairly well and I would still be much happier with an XScorpion lynch. I could possibly be persuaded to go with a Disco lynch, but I'd be much happier with an XScorpion lynch atm.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by kyle99 »

mykonian wrote:d:
Kyle
you haven't understood a thing of what has just been posted. What a horrible post.
*sigh* Possibly, I did a quick reread after getting home and that's what I made of it. I'll do a reread later when I'm less tired.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Looker wrote:@BioHazard: Why do you think Kyle keeps disappearing?
Because I have school. Sorry, but that has priority over mafia.

Role fishing doesn't even apply in this game, your either a doctor or scum.

I'm gonna take a look a disco and post my thoughts later.

Stay classy.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Alright, looked over Disco, Light, XScorpion, and Mykonian, and here's my thoughts.

Disco could be scum, but probably not. His vote on Light is certantly justified (more on that later), and I really doubt he's scum.

I looked again at XScorpion, and he could very well be scum. He's dodging questions, lurking, and not really voicing any opinion. However, I've played with town-XScorpion a couple times, and this playstyle certaintly matches his meta.

I keep going back and forth on Mykonian, he will make a post that seems scummy as hell, and then post and appear town. I really would like to see one flip before lynching Mykonian.

I think Light is the person to lynch today. His "i don't do serious votes until i am absolutely sure that this is right" is completely dumb. If no one voted until they were absolutely sure they were right, nobody would bother playing mafia.

Additionally, this line "@kyle what makes you vote scorpion to the extent that you would not lynch disco who has a 70% chance of being the scum" just seems dumb and uses bad logic. Disco does not have a "70% chance" of being scum. That's just an arbitrary argument number that you just threw out their. If I say "Whoa, let's all vote SaintKerrigan, he has a 100% chance of being scum", obviously nobody is going to go with me. Giving reasons why Disco is scum is probably going to give better results than just assigning an arbirtary number to his scummieness.

Last, he just isn't taking any stands or making any opinions. Here's just a couple examples:

"!vote - no lynch"
"yeh i have no suspects."
He also isn't really voting/letting votes stand. Let's lookie at his votes:

1) He voted no lynch. Way to just throw scumhunting out the window.
2) He voted Myko. He gave some crappy reasons, and than unvoted within a day. He also said he suspected that disco was "70% scum", and if you think that, you should apply a pressure vote. Don't just hope that he's gonna give himself up or other people are going to lynch him for you.

unvote, vote: Light
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Ugh, sorry about getting replaced guys. I got kidney stones and I'm in the hospital. Was meaning to post saying I wasn't going to be here but didn't really have the opportunity. Have a good game guys.

Return to “Completed Open Games”