Fishbulb!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:35 am

Post by MeMe »

As the game's in progress, is this appropriate?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:38 am

Post by MeMe »

OK - your edit made me laugh, d8P.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:18 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, in my opinion -- everything's fair in mafia (much more so than in love and war). It's impossible not to metagame -- and equally impossible to ignore information and character traits of a player, even if what you know (or think you know) was revealed outside of an actual game.

For example -- if I read a discussion comment by George in which he says that nothing makes him happier than being a serial killer...and then George seems particularly pumped and excited on day one of a game, I might make a little note that it's possible he's the SK. Or if I know that ModGuy loathes random roles, anyone claiming to be a random role in one of ModGuy's games would become automatically suspect.

And I'm overly analytical and rarely forget anything, so I'm compelled to defend this all-encompassing style of play. (Yeah, yeah -- if I claim to have "forgotten" something in a game you're welcome to use this statement against me).
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:36 am

Post by MeMe »

We do need to remember that most mods have it in their rules not to discuss an ongoing game in other threads -- and, being a rule Nazi, I tend to shut down or request an edit any time I see any obvious flouting of that rule. If it's a player's
intent
to play a particular game somewhere besides the actual thread...they're cheating, no question. But, we talk here and sometimes things slip out that can be used as "evidence" in a game -- and I'm, obviously, all for using that kind of stuff to help your particular side win. Sometimes, it backfires -- here's an example:

I was reading a game on an entirely different board (not mafiascum) and happened to see a comment from a player (let's call him Andy) who was also participating in a game on this board in which I was also a player. On this board, Andy was lurking like a maniac -- I mean, 10 days plus -- and I was getting increasingly frustrated. On the other board, her comment was something like "lynch worthless lurkers -- aieeeeee!" and he led a bandwagon for someone who had been silent for about two real life days. I took that information and successfully got him lynched. He turned out to be one of the more powerful pro-town roles. Damn. Still, I stand by the fact that it was logical play on my part to use that against him in the game. Too bad I was wrong.

Still -- lynch worthless lurkers -- aieeeeee!

[edit]Just thought I'd mention that, in my little example above, I was also pro-town. Probably figured that out without this little addendum, dincha?[/edit]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:20 am

Post by MeMe »

Well said.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”