Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Locke Lamora wrote:Morning, everyone. Definitely no Lost spoilers, I haven't seen the season 6 opener yet!

Vote: Hoopla

Happy Birthday.
It's a trap!

Vote Hoopla

(Counter Wagon.)
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 am

Nikanor wrote:Counter wagon to what? There's already two wagons in play.
To both opposing wagons clearly.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Who has two thumbs and drew the first serious vote?

THIS GUY!
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Konowa wrote:
vote Shotty to the Body

Serious vote.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Dry-fit wrote:What else do you expect him to do at this stage of the game?

Although I guess he could have asked why.
Then I'd get votes for being too worried about a vote on page 1.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Hoopla wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:What else do you expect him to do at this stage of the game?

Although I guess he could have asked why.
Then I'd get votes for being too worried about a vote on page 1.
That sounds like you were worried about appearing too worried.
Can't please everyone.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:31 am

charter wrote:I don't like when people joke about getting votes, but he didn't comment on LL wagon or MIC wagon, instead trying to start a third wagon which is slightly scummy.

I do think he's now proceeded in to the realm of active lurking as well, with most of his posts being useless.

RedCoyote, why no vote?
Active lurking on page 2! Shit, he got me.

Why is starting a third wagon scummy?

I didn't see the need to comment on an RVS pileup, nothing substantive there to work with.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 pm

The third wagon or my attempt to 'impede' the other two gives just as much info if not more than if everyone had just blindly gone along and said 'Now what?' or waited for same random nothing to start another over.

I don't see how my posts are lacking in content given where we are. I make one joke post on page 2 and suddenly I'm actively lurking? Lol.

@Konowa: I'm not concerned about votes on me*, but I am concerned about scum-hunting and I believe this bit of fun has produced a fairly good amount of information to go on for page 2.

*especially on page 1

I believe charter's actual opinion has been summed up in this quote. (key parts in bold)
charter wrote:
I don't think his joking about getting votes is scummy
, since I've never figured out when someone does it if they're scum or town, just useless.
I just don't care for it.
I can't decide if he's scum trying to take advantage or town that's trying too hard, have to sleep on it.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 am

charter wrote:
Shotty wrote:The third wagon or my attempt to 'impede' the other two gives just as much info if not more than if everyone had just blindly gone along and said 'Now what?' or waited for same random nothing to start another over.
I'm afraid I don't see how, please explain.
You have a real opinion of me at least, I have a real opinion of you and some others. Much better than some nothing burger wagon.
charter wrote:No, my actual opinion on you is that your trying to start up a third wagon without commenting on the two we had, was scummy.
You're right, I should've said something about how suspicious dice rolling was and then done what everyone else did so I could be a boring lemming.

unvote, vote RC

He's either contradicting himself at worst or at the very best back-pedaling hard.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:38 am

Nikanor wrote:Shotty's acting weird. I've only ever seen him as town, but he's usually more serious than this. It looks like he's going back to being a normal person now, but it certainly raises a red flag.
The last normal I was in had a day-killing SK. It seems the rules are a bit flexible. I admit I may take some part in meta shadowing with random acts, but I'll try to keep it from being the majority of my play.

Also my last post was full of irony in retrospect.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 am

unvote

Back later.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 am

vote Col. Cathart

He seems very opportunistic jumping onto the RC wagon the way he did. Then he comes out and accuses him and Moai of being a scum team. RC didn't have any influence in Maoi's posting, so if anything he should move to Moai if he thinks he's defending otherwise it's a useless linkage between two unknown alignment players, killing the linkee first makes little sense.

Not to mention this (emphasis in bold):
Col.Cathart wrote:Not much to examine here so far.
I say, let's have a close look on all of them, and see if something will fit later with that Sotty kill.
I even have my first idea posted below. That's the only thing we can do on page 4.
Actually giving them a free pass for it is a terrible idea and it was scummy for you to even suggest it.
I don't see in any way, why Sotty's death makes people mentioned by her unable to be the Sottykiller.
Self-contradiction much? Isn't that first bolded part why he voted RC as well?
Col.Cathart wrote:
Unvote

vote: RedCoyote

I think you're trying to shift attention away from 3 players at once. Possibly, you're a scum and one of those three is your buddy.
A close look at myself, Maoi and, charter at this point results in essentially nothing after which he wants to wait till later. This is almost exactly what RC said.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:57 am

charters picked me to tunnel on for this game, yay!
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Also his active lurking accusations from before are now tinted with irony.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Col.Cathart wrote:And now, let me ask you a question - do you still think, RC is 'either contradicting himself at worst or at the very best back-pedaling hard'?

I find it extremely interesting, you jumped that wagon at first, to now you hopped off it to accuse someone who threw a first vote on it (while accusing me of 'opportunistic jump' on that wagon, which is outright bullshit).

Bonus 'LOL' points for you actually being one of those three people mentioned by Sotty.
Shrug, I liked his responses to the questions he was asked, though I would still like to see him answer Locke's post like you mentioned. I think what he said is being misconstrued. The only thing that keeps me suspicious of him is Moai's defense, but I think that point should start with a Moai lynch.

Why is it interesting? I'll admit I made a mistake, I didn't check who voted when before making the post, but if you want to call me scum for it just do it, don't beat around the bush. Alluding to things being 'interesting' or whatever else just muddles the pond when people are rereading your posts. I'm probably guilty of this as well, but it's a personal goal to cut down on the 'mysterious ways' style of playing.

What's a 'LOL point?'
charter wrote:My take on the RC issue. I think he was saying we shouldn't suspect people based on Sotty's daykill, not that we shouldn't suspect people she mentioned. Was pretty confusing, I had to reread his post like three times to figure it out.

Shotty's vote in 88 is scummy as hell. He votes Cathart claiming Cathart's vote on RC was opportunistic when Cathart voted RC first, and Shotty himself later voted RC. Cathart already covered this. Shotty is 2/2 on terrible votes, which I find to be the threshhold for scum, so I'll be backing this lynch the rest of the day.
Cathart wrote:And now, let me ask you a question - do you still think, RC is 'either contradicting himself at worst or at the very best back-pedaling hard'?

I find it extremely interesting, you jumped that wagon at first, to now you hopped off it to accuse someone who threw a first vote on it (while accusing me of 'opportunistic jump' on that wagon, which is outright bullshit).

Bonus 'LOL' points for you actually being one of those three people mentioned by Sotty.
Town
Shotty wrote: charters picked me to tunnel on for this game, yay!
Ignoring Cathart's response to your vote on him is another scumfession from Shotty. Here's the active lurking I'm talking about.
Shotty wrote:Also his active lurking accusations from before are now tinted with irony.
There's a difference between posting about not having time and posting "lol charter tunnel".

Let's start the gears on a Shotty lynch, folks.
Lol I didn't ignore it, except when I don't have time to make posts I don't 'check in' with a useless post, I'd rather post a quickie with the thought on top in my mind. I actually had a response worked out but my laptop died before I could finish so I had to start from scratch now that I got home from my friends house.

Remember last time you tunneled on me?

Why is my mistake so scummy? In mafia you hunt for the motivation behind the idea, what would I stand to gain by making up something so stupendously easy to check on that Col. would obviously protest if I were seriously trying to lead a mislynch as scum?

My main points were about Col.'s ideas about lynching RC based on Moai's actions which is fallacious in my opinion and is a scum tactic to lead a mislynch and potentially give credence to a partner by associating them with a mislynched townie.

unvote vote Moai
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am

Still looking for Konowa to explain why he thinks I'm scummy and why he voted me 'seriously' on page 1, looking forward to that since he's declined to explain it willingly I suppose I have to call him out on it.

Also really disliking Nikanor got to lurk out this whole day. Closing comments for the day I suppose since charter hammered (?), don't know why Hoopla jumps on Col, he provided ample reasoning for his vote in his earlier posts imo. Also Hoopla why do you think Maoi isnt suspicious? All I get from you on him is a fence-sitting 'eeeeeh' view.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:28 am

It's charter, locke, tunnel mode is engaged and the off switch is broken as usual.

I'm between RC and Hoopla at this point, though MIC's defense of RC post seems a bit obvious to me... I suppose he didn't have any idea he would be lynched for that when he posted it however. For now,
vote Hoopla, FoS RC
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 am

Also would like to hear more from Konowa.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 am

@Hoopla: I'm neutral towards Locke scum, I could see it with a little stretching, but I haven't really seen enough evidence to convict on that yet.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Well, as long as it's out in the open unless you think you're outting another PR can we get a result CC?

I see Locke scum if we assume a town Hoopla fairly easy, I don't really see RC scum at all. So if we put it to an informal vote I would choose Locke to shoot...
Or we could shoot charter tunneling such and such *grumble grumble*
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 am

Next person to say 'I'd like to see a Shotty kill' should actually give reasons kthx.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:20 am

I still don't think RC is scum, but I don't think running around waving a gun in someone's face with threat of death is really going to be much of an alignment tell at this point.

@RC the reason I feel like playing that game is a vig would've counterclaimed Hoopla and even if she's an SK of some variety scum-Locke would still pursue her. It's actually a pretty safe bet to make.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

Either lurker would be a fine vig choice, we should either lynch Hoopla today after that or save her for one more shot if she has it, past that we'd probably have to take her to lylo.

@CC: I want to play that game, fucking PS3 exclusives....
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 am

Good game guys, I pretty much knew it was charter when I died, but no real good there huh. =P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”