Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

If y'all want to talk Lost, will you do it under spoiler tags please?

I haven't seen the show, but all the hype has me interested in watching it.

I ought to vote the Colonel for hanging me out to dry in an ongoing game we were both in. Now I am stuck with some crazy lady in said game, but I won't mention any names.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't agree with what's being said against SttB. It's possible, I guess, but it's not something I'm prepared to vote him on.

I'll keep you posted though, charter.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:09 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Moai, can you think of anything to say that isn't dice related?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod 50 wrote:
"oatmeal... poisoned..."
Poisoned oatmeal? Now they've gone too far.

---
Hoopla 51 wrote:Wow. Should we be iso'ing Sotty now to see who her suspects were before she died?
Why the question? Don't you want to give your opinion? You're town too, aren't you?
Sotty 20 wrote:^ What he said.

Vote: MIC

For the dice thing.
Sotty 46 wrote:charter gets some early town points with me. I like the early jump in scum hunting, even if I don't agree with the active lurking assessment. He's got his sleeves rolled up ready to get to work. A big plus.

Shotty's reaction doesn't do much for me. The counter wagon thing was strange but nothing he has posted has felt scummy.
There's really not much to go on here. She only mentions SttB, charter, and Maoi in her two posts.

I'm not biting though, if anything it's WIFOM designed to get us looking more closely at one of those players. I'm considering this a relatively random kill. Perhaps by a role who has a daykill he must use quickly?

If anything, I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.

Vote: dry-fit
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

d3x 54 wrote:Another Random Vote, RC? What makes dry-fit different than any of the other unmentioned players?
Can it really be considered random if I am throwing possibilities out?

But I'll willfully admit that, of the remaining 7, there's no specific reason for dry-fit.

Would you prefer it be someone else? Who?

---
Locke 55 wrote:why the assumption that Sotty's kill is WIFOM and not simply scum getting rid of a good player, or town going on a very early hunch?
I'm not denying other possibilities, I'm simply saying that right now I think it's best that we completely take anyone directly involved with Sotty out of the picture. I could see the town bickering over what are ultimately circular arguments (e.g. "Sotty was shot after she said charter was town... suspicious" "Moai was voted by Sotty, clearly we should lynch him after her killing").

---
Dry-fit 56 wrote:If you think it's wifom, wouldn't the proper response be to not factor the kill into your suspicions
I'm not. That's why I'm not voting anyone who Sotty mentioned, because I think it's pointless or potentially harmful to argue which one of them were "most likely" to be her shooter. Especially considering we don't know the alignment of said shooter.

---
Colonel 59 wrote:I think you're trying to shift attention away from 3 players at once.
I take it you disagree with my conclusion then. Which of the three should we give attention to, or should we examine all three? Do you think you'll be able to discern which of them are more townie/scummy? How?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Back it up.
d3x 63 wrote:There's a big difference between not using Sotty's death as a factor to go after a player and completely taking them out of the ranking for potential Scum. The fact that you'd so easily jump to this extreme makes me very apprehensive about you RC.
If this is what Hoopla, the Colonel, and Locke think I am saying, then there's obviously been some miscommunication.

I'm certainly not clearing anyone. I never meant to give that impression at all.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

d3x 65 wrote:Reconcile these two.
I meant that we should take anyone directly involved with this Sotty shot out of the picture as far as accusing them of killing Sotty.
RC 52 wrote:If anything, I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.
That right there is what I mean. Let's not vote based on any of Sotty's connections, because that would likely lead us astray. Even if there is a connection, we don't necessarily know what it would be, that's why we have to take them out of the picture.
d3x 68 wrote:how is this "not clearing anyone," even temporarily? If we're putting a halt on Voting the 3 players you suggested, what
is
it called if not 'clearing'?
You're sending mixed ideas here. I'm not clearing anyone of anything, first point, because the shot could've came from anywhere. Second point, I'm saying that we should not vote anyone based on, "Sotty talked about charter, likely charter shot her, likely he's scum". Nowhere have I expressed the idea that any of them are scum or town, as I'm not even talking about anyone's alignments.

Just because I don't want to vote them on the back of Sotty's death doesn't necessarily mean I think they are town and/or "clear". That's about as simple as I can make it, but frankly I thought that went without saying. If that's what I'm getting voted on, then I'm open to arguing the point.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Do you think my vote is locked down in someway? I'm sorry; I just don't understand. I can't make it any more clear than I already have. If Moai is able to understand me, then I know I'm communicating it effectively.

I don't know where you got the idea that my vote is intended to catch Sotty's killer. I'm voting with the kill in mind, sure, but I already told d3x that the vote is essentially "random" outside of that.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I have no idea.

I don't like your vote, but I'll have to read more of your posts to decipher it accurately. Moai's post diversifies the reactions to my vote though, which makes me happy.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

d3x 78 wrote:Would it be bad/a mistake to build upon the suspicions we had before Sotty's death? I'm not saying to build upon them with the WIFOM from Sotty's death, mind you.
Of course not. I didn't suggest this at all.

---
Colonel 80 wrote:Actually giving them a free pass for it is a terrible idea and it was scummy for you to even suggest it.
This is another exaggeration.

Once more because I like this town and I'd like to stay in it. SttB, charter, and Moai all have as good of chance of having shot Sotty as the rest of y'all do. My only intention was to say that we shouldn't be any more receptive to their supposed involvement or lack of involvement in the killing. Everything else attributed to me (e.g. that I am "clearing" anyone, giving anyone a "free pass", or think it's a "mistake" to build cases/suspicions on any players) are complete assumptions derived from enthusaisic townies or capitalizing scum.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Dry-fit 89 wrote:@RedCoyote: Why are you still voting for me?
Because I don't see a better place for my vote to be at the moment. I don't or only somewhat agree with any other arguments that have been made, so I see no reason to jump ship just yet. I would like to hear from different players in the game (charter, Konowa, Nikanor, Hoopla) before I decide whether or not to make any moves like that.

You don't feel threatened, do you?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Locke 85 wrote:You didn't say 'let's treat everyone equally and ignore the kill', you said 'let's avoid these players so we don't argue about the kill' and then random voted Dry-fit.
Perhaps that's how you interpreted it.
RC 52 wrote:if anything it's WIFOM designed to get us looking more closely at one of those players
What does this say, Locke? It says that the kill may have been just a ploy to get us to blame SttB, charter, or Moai for the Sotty's death. In other words, the kill may have just been a killing of Sotty because she's a good player or because she's the first name you thought of, but
if
it's anything specific to this game, it's trying to throw us into WIFOM about the connections there may or may not be between her and SttB, Moai, and charter. Nowhere in that sentence did I say, "We are avoiding SttB, charter, and Moai", in the sense that they are clear in anyway, as you implied here.
Locke 85 wrote:As far as I can see, that's doing the exact opposite of what you state above; you're being more receptive to their supposed involvement by deliberately not voting them.
Then you must think my vote is "locked in" on dry-fit, and I'm incapable of moving it to anyone else.
RC 52 wrote:If anything, I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.
You made it clear that you understood "vote" and "lynch" to be interchangeable in that sentence. Personally I don't get that, mostly because I know I'm going to be moving my vote over the course of the game, but even if you thought that my vote was "locked in" to lynch dry-fit, do you have a reason for thinking that? I mean, did you just assume that was my playstyle, or do you have meta evidence to back that position?

If you didn't assume I wanted to lynch dry-fit in that sentence, then show me where it was that I implied, as you inaccurately paraphrased me, that the game should avoid lynching charter, SttB, and Moai? Because that was never my intention, as I've explained on three separate occasions, and it isn't even logical play (to clear three people of being scum). What is logical, however, is that we are hesistant to blame these three players for Sotty's death (which may or may not have been a scumshot to being with). Incidentally,
that
is exactly what I advocated.

Either you assumed I wanted to lynch dry-fit with my vote, or you assume that I'm actively trying to clear charter, SttB, and Moai. I don't see another way anyone could come to that conclusion (that there was more than just miscommunication).

---
d3x 103 wrote:
Extra Credit
. I'm also a bit concerned about Hoopla. There's a lot of Vote hopping and essentially no discussing.
Unvote; vote: Hoopla

Someone pointed out that Hoopla's position on D1 voting is unique, although it isn't unreasonable. It's essentially that everyone's scumhunting on D1 is much less effective than they'd care to admit. I can agree with that, although I know when I get some brilliant idea in my head that it's hard for me to back off from it. Anyways, she doesn't seem to be following that mentality here. She's content with piggybacking on other player's scumhunting, as d3x pointed out, and not really giving input as to why. The Hoopla I've played with is loathe to join someone else's wagon, especially on D1, without giving her own perspective.

Additionally, I requested that she show more initiative, which she has apparently declined to do. Followers can make good lynches, as scum actively try to avoid getting too much attention.

While it could be argued she's not doing a great job avoiding attention by the sheer pointedness of her posts, that still doesn't explain her unwillingness to vote based on her own policy.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Locke 112 wrote:RC: perhaps you should point out where I said either a) you didn't want to lynch those three players for the entirety of the game or b) that your vote on Dry-fit was locked in and you wanted him lynched. It was quite clear what I meant: that at that specific moment you deliberately did not vote for one of those three players because Sotty mentioned them.
Absolutely I didn't. Why would I vote charter in response to Sotty's kill? Or SttB? or Moai? I specifically stated I didn't want to react to kill toward them in anyway. My vote of Dry-fit caused you to have your own fit (:mrgreen:). This was the first vote on Dry-fit's wagon. You acted as though it was some concession to the idea you cooked up in your head that I am "clearing" or giving some players an "easy ride". This isn't true. I didn't say, "Okay, so I'm going to vote Dry-fit and I have no intention of looking at SttB, charter, or Moai as scum possibilities".

That's not logical. I made the assumption that that was understood.
Locke 112 wrote:If you weren't saying that we should take them out of the picture FOR THE MOMENT, could you explain to me exactly why you made the below comment?
Exactly. No, you seem to have it right here. I want to take those three people out of the picture for the moment (the moment meaning the Sotty kill, of course).

If this is your argument, that this is scummy, then have at it. This seems more like a political disagreement to me, but if you think it's strong enough, then there's not much else I can say here (short of arguing the merits of why there is possibly WIFOM there).
Locke 112 wrote:I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly wasn't planning to declare 'Sotty voted MIC! He must be scum!'. As such, it strikes me as a fairly pointless statement to make.
You're obviously exaggerating, but I was just giving my opinion. I thought it would be a bad idea to talk about Sotty's kill in relation to those players.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Locke 117 wrote:We have less than 72 hours to deadline so it'd be good if everyone could make their position on a Moai lynch clear and, if they disagree with it, put their vote someone else. I'd be happy to hammer but I think a competing wagon would be useful.
I think there's always going to be a bias toward those who agree with you and take your side (e.g. Moai in this case). One that makes it difficult to kind of look at the player as objectively, just as it is when another player is particularly aggressive.

I do feel though, while some may call it buddying, Moai didn't really have to be the naysayer. I feel like Moai controversially agreed with me earlier, when it may not have been as advantageous for him to do so. It just seems like when you have unanimous agreement on how one player is scum (me), the scum would sooner duck into my wagon, or throw out pathetic attempts at looking like they have another important vote, when in reality they have no intent to back it.

Long story short, I like Moai, but I don't think I have a problem with you or the Colonel either.

---
Konowa 121 wrote:Right now I believe I know everyone's stances besides RC's and Nikanor's. Coupled with his activity I think this is major scum points towards him being scum.
Heh, if anyone here has kind of talked about themselves and their opinion too much, I would've thought it would be me. What else do you want to hear from me? I've voted, explained it, spoken about SttB, spoken about Sotty's death (at extreme length), spoken about Moai and Hoopla... I can't imagine what else you'd want to hear from me.

Right now I'm thinking you either haven't really read the thread too closely or you're pretending like you have. I honestly don't know how someone who's caught up could think they don't know where I stand in this game (whether or not they agree with it).
Konowa 121 wrote:Really would like to hear from Nikanor before deadline.
Agreed.

Mod
: Can we get another prod and/or start looking for a replacement? It's been about three days since his, "I got a prod!" post.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoopla 126 wrote:I have no idea where you're getting your meta on me, but I'd love to know your sources. I have phases of going through a defeatist mentality about early lynches, and usually prefer to policy lynch Day 1. I don't think we have anyone that fills that category - normally I'll show my support for several candidates and try and ensure we get a couple of decent bandwagons on Day 1 to compare for the next day.
Well, I don't want to get into ongoing game territory, but suffice to say that I've heard you say that people rely too much on their own reads on the first day in particular, when in reality these reads probably (probably in the literal sense) aren't very good. I think that's a reasonable take, and I'm not besmirching it in anyway. I just think that you're not following through with it here with your votes.

Outside of that, this post is okay, but not your hammer vote, as I'll explain in closing.

---
Locke 130 wrote:I don't think there was by any means unanimous agreement on you being scum in any case, given that several players weren't really saying much at all.
I definitely acknowledge my support of Moai is WIFOMy, hell, it's pretty obviously convenient as well. I do argue with you here though, mostly because I think when you have to make a post like this,
Dry-fit 77 wrote:RedCoyote's at L-2 by the way if you haven't noticed. Just a heads up.
then you know that shit's just got real.

There were four votes over the course of eight posts. That's got to count for something. Additionally, by unanimous I don't mean every player. I just meant unanimous in the sense that it would've been a non-competitive lynch.

---

I don't like this lynch, but I won't go as far as to say that I'm confident Moai is town. I think he is, but I don't think my reads are very well established yet.

I want to reread charter, because that vote seemed a little too easy for him to make.

As a closing note, if Moai flips town, then I really don't like Hoopla's vote either. I mean, I don't like it regardless of the flip, but if Moai is scum then that speaks well for Hoopla. Right after she just got through labeling the Colonel as an opportunist, she takes the opportunity at an easy hammer. I realize the deadline was today, but we just forewent the claim. No discussion over the player's schedules (I would've been back before the deadline), no further discussion over other player's inclinations and suspicions, no chance to see if Konowa would make another post, no chance to see if Nikanor would come back in time, and when's the last time Dry-fit or d3x have posted? I, for one, would've liked to see if we could've gotten their input.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

the Colonel 151 wrote:
vote: Hoopla
What post are you referring to?

Hoopla's hammer counts for nothing?

Vote: Konowa
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

the Colonel 157 wrote:1) Post, when she votes me and tells everyone to vote me instead of MIC.

2) Well, her attempt failed, so I if she wouldn't go back to bussing, that would put her in even worse light, don't you think?
I guess I'll have to go back and look for it.

Maybe. It seemed as though half the players in the game weren't here though, so I guess Moai was the inevitable lynch. Lynching a Roleblocker is awfully painful though. I feel for our Mod, because I think we have a lot of players asleep at the wheel here. It makes it hard to push forward, because I want to hear from more people.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, I guess only two. It feels like more for some reason.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I like Locke, but I have to take a closer look at those who prefered to push me over Moai yesterday.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

charter 192 wrote:I don't get why you would do this if you could just kill Locke and bypass trying to convince anyone else to vote him. Although I guess if you are lying about being able to daykill, you don't have long to live.
This...
charter 192 wrote:I think Hoopla should just vig herself and then we proceed with lynching Shotty.
but not this.

It seems incredibly sneaky to not just use your power on Locke if you have it, the way you used it on Sotty. I would sooner use the next shot on SttB or Zach personally, but I can't say there isn't a solid theory explaining Lockescum either. When and if a shot goes through, well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. If no shot happens, today's lynch should be a no brainer.

---
SttB 197 wrote:I see Locke scum if we assume a town Hoopla fairly easy
I don't know about all that; I don't want to play that game.

Even if you're calling out charter (later in the post) kind of tongue-in-cheek, I'd wish you'd use a smiley instead of the microtext though, lol.

---
the Colonel 198 wrote:I tracked RedCoyote on the first night. No result (as in - he did nothing interesting during the night).
I wonder if I should react to this at all. Yeah, if I was scum I probably would've asked someone else to submit the kill for sure.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Unvote: Konowa; vote: Shotty to the Body
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Also (sorry, one more post), since we have a few days, maybe a replacement would help? The Nikanor/Zach slot and the Konowa slot are nearly unreadable. I'd like to hear if Zach or whoever else can bring any new rationale to the game. Hoops sounds like she has all these crazy things going on in her head, playing far more steps ahead in the game than I am. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, a town thing or a scum thing, but I do know she sounds like a vigilante (with the exception being the Tracker claim, which is beyond anything I would gamble).

It shouldn't be glossed over that she just did some real damage to the town, which explains why she's apologetic, but the town also has some room to breathe courtesy of Moai.

I guess what I'm saying is I want to call her town, but I kind of feel guilty for doing so. I wonder if a replacement would feel any differently.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

D:

I vote nay.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You're bluffing. You just want me to claim like the Colonel had to.

Tell her to stop the madness, guys!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Heavy Rain and MAG are both games I'm very interested in, but I'm still finishing Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2! I've been hooked on Left 4 Dead 2.

I like Hoopla's post 218.

I'm not sure why Zach wanted to replace if he's not interested in playing. It's a shame because I like him.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BH 237 wrote:I'm dropping the hammer.
Are you serious?

You're not even going to see if she shoots or not?

I am very much going to be down BH & Zach's necks tomorrow, but much more on BH. That's a very arrogant move, imo. I mean, thank you for replacing, but a little warning would've been nice. If Hoopla is SK, which she very well might be, how was she going to win? Do you honestly think she's part of any mafia faction? After she lost a RB D1? The next strategy is to claim Tracker? Seriously? Call her moves WIFOM if you want, but no way am I buying that you thought that vote through. Either you are nervous she is going to shoot you as scum, or you absolutely didn't think your move through.

I, for one, had no idea why Zach felt compelled to bring her to L-1 either.

You must know, hammer or not, that you and Zach are still under a microscope, BH. This hammer surely does not change things. You may have saved yourself from Hoopla's shot, but I can guarantee you I'm not the only one who is going to be riding you hard tomorrow.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, and sucks to hear about your car accident, Zach. I obviously had no idea. I wish you all the best in whatever damages that caused to you or your vehicle.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Like I said, that's kind of the direction I was leaning... although I felt guilty for it. You've got some balls, Hoops.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I will give it my honest best, hon. I just do not see BH's town rationale behind that move at all. Maybe someone else can enlighten me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Zach 246 wrote:I found her to clearly be the most suspicious player out of anyone else. I felt like the pressure was warranted.
Perhaps it would've got her to shoot faster. For what it's worth, I'm more frustrated with BH than I am with you (as you can probably tell). I just, ugh, I feel like we threw away a power role and told the scum, "Here, have a free kill tonight".
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Personally I'd rather see BH's head in the noose right now. I appreciate the Colonel's investigation, and if I had to guess right now, I would probably say charter is more suspect than he is townie.

Nevertheless, BH has no townie excuse for his hammer. The only reason he hammered, which he essentially admitted to, was self-preservation. Bringing out the Tracker was bad, not giving the Vig an opportunity to prove herself was worse. BH had an opportunity to come into the game and contribute, instead he took the easy way out and killed off Hoopla without giving it a second's thought.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

BH 299 wrote:In hindsight, hammering hoopla was a bad call, and I apologize. And I can see why everyone wants to vote me.
A humble post is what I needed to hear, frankly. Because I think it shows you're listening to other players and understanding a different point of view. I can also understand a player who kind of makes a spur of the moment decision, is criticized for it, and wants to defend it. That's a pride thing, and I get that. I think most people would've done the same thing.

Hmmm...

This is quite the decision now. I can literally see my vote going three different ways.

---
charter 306 wrote:This is actually a really good idea, and the worst case scenario is I soak up the NK.
Right. This is what charter brings to the table that Zach and BH (supposedly) cannot. If charter is alive tonight, we could benefit from his power, he could be night killed, or he's in hot water tomorrow. As the Colonel says, the town kind of has a reasonable out with charter no matter his alignment.

How can BH or Zach offer the town anything better?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

An idea popped into my head when I was in the shower earlier.

We lynch either BH or Zach, and charter shoots the other one.

Most of us agreed that there is going to be a scumflip between the two of them, right? This way we will be two scum down come tomorrow. Thoughts?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

d3x 336 wrote:First.. wow. Lol!
I'll let you relish on the lovely visage of my glorious naked body while I respond to you and Locke. I get my best ideas in the shower, and that's how I know this is going to work.

I think there is scum there, and, although I'd have to go back to verify this, I think more players than just me and Hoopla agreed that there was at least one scum between BH and Zach.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

charter, I take it you feel fairly comfortable with Zach then?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't know. Maybe I'm flying by the seat of my pants here, but I don't see scumLocke. I haven't at any point in this game. I've said it before that I understand the logic, the case that could be made against him, but I do not feel it at all.

I will keep reading and posting, but I'm also going to
Vote: Bio Hazard
in accordance with my plan. I say it's worth the risk, and nuts to the evidence against charter. That said, I can't sincerely argue against a charter lynch. I mean, the evidence is right there, and I was never a big towncharter guy this game. Still, I just can't overlook these lurkers. I am unshakably confident that one of them is scum.

Preview Edit: d3x, I would also support voting Zach, but I am going to make my move now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (isolation #36) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Alright, I give in.

I won't be the only hold out for this lurker thing, and we can deal with it tomorrow.

Are we mostly agreed then on charter then?

Unvote; vote: charter
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #37) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't really have anything else to contribute. It looks like charter is resigned to his fate. I guess the Colonel still wants to say something here, so I would wait on that.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Locke 376 wrote:I'm really getting a scummy read from d3x. He appears to agree wholeheartedly with myself and CC over charter, which bothers me somehow.
In other words, "Let's all go back to the drawing board, anyone could be scum!"
Locke 376 wrote:I don't really like all this 'conversation is dead, let's hammer'. If everyone's tired of talking about whether charter's scum or not, how about you all give me some thoughts on d3x?
I think he's pretty clean. I've had no real problems with d3x or you this game. I don't exactly know what to make of your sudden change of heart though. I thought you were worried that charter would shoot you if we left him alive. What gives?
Locke 380 wrote:I've been pondering this today: what about no lynch and charter vigs? I know that's bad information wise, but consider the possibilities
Alright, now we definitely have to back up, because you're really starting to contradict yourself:
Locke 357 wrote:I'm paranoid that someone who has been tracked to a kill, claimed a currently unverifiable PR, and whose choice of actions don't really make sense to me, is going to get to live.

[...]

My other difficulty with this is that you're probably leaning towards vigging me if you are telling the truth, which is definitely going to lose us the game if BH is town.
I wanted to consider the possibilities of using charter's supposed shot to our advantage, and I was brushed aside. I backed down mostly because of you, d3x, and the Colonel wanting to get rid of charter first (who, granted, I think is likely to be scum anyways). Now you're kind of doing a 180. I'm not saying you don't have a point, because I think this post is well thought out, but explain why it is you're changing your mind.

---
charter 386 wrote:Roleclaim aside, what does everyone think of charter's play day 1?
I remember not being a huge fan, especially at the end of the day when he voted Moai. The vote seemed a little sneaky to me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Locke 394 wrote:my rethink has been caused largely by what I perceive to be a change in attitudes to the charter lynch over the last few days. When I last posted on Friday afternoon, it felt like we were having a debate over whether to lynch a lurker or charter. As far as I recall, d3x's preference was for a lurker, you obviously favoured a BH or Zach lynch and BH, while obviously suspecting charter, hadn't expressed any strong desire to lynch him in the next couple of days. I check back on Monday morning and suddenly everyone's decided that we should hammer charter and end the day? That felt off to me.
Would it be fair to say that d3x and I more or less changed your stance on your charter read? Do you think he's more likely to be town now?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Lynching BH is still my personal preference, but I don't really have any issues with taking charter out either.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

We could vote no lynch, you know, try and force the mafia to make a move, but I don't think we have to.

Vote: Bio Hazard

BH said the right things yesterday, but I don't think he ever voted anyone, namely charter. Sure, maybe people (d3x) were telling him not to hammer, but hammering scumcharter I think would've given him a little more town creditability. All of this said, Locke understandably takes a hit from the comfortable townie read he once was for me. He was very nervous yesterday. Sure, he explained it with a lot of smooth talkin', but the fact remains that he went from a major proponent of lynching charter to someone who felt the charter wagon was moving too quickly.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

BH 415 wrote:I agree with LL that charter was probably bussed yesterday.
Oh, yeah, I'll bet you do.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

One more thing. I'm basically throwing the idea that the Colonel is a scum tracker out the window. I'll acknowledge the slight possibility, but yesterday he could've had his cake (or Oats as the case may be) and ate it too. Basically, even with the charter investigation, I know that I was still willing to lynch BH. The Colonel was easily the biggest proponent of staying true to his report, while everyone else either wavered or at least were not as comfortable with the charter lynch as he was. Bussing is one thing, but I think the Colonel could've bussed while being more open to the possibility that we should "test" charter's claim. The fact that he didn't really speaks to me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vanilla.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, I'm not a 3rd party. :D

It looks like I might finally break my losing streak.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Good game all! Thanks to the Mod for running it well.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”