farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:13 am

Post by farside22 »

this game is going to be so hard on me I already want to ask a player a questions.
Like this quote has me wondering why would you ask a question that doesn't have a right answer? How would you persue a player through a question that has no right answer to it?
Kirbyoshi wrote:
Mod: Do the questions have to be ones that there is a distinct, verifiable right answer to?
Consider that my question to kirbyoshi while I wonder a few other questions to ask.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

@the rest of the players in the game. Wou you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Max wrote: NOTE: that normally farside22's and bv310's only posting one question would result in losing all other questions, as it is QS1 I am being a generous moderator...
I'll work on that. I typically ask a question with a back to that question so it's difficult keep a question cut and dry.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:29 am

Post by farside22 »

I see the no question from BV does that mean we are still in the question phase mod?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

1. No question from bv
2. Are you town?
3. Do you agree with the common scumtell that, "the third and fourth people on a bandwagon are usually scum"? Why?
4. What benefit do expect to accrue from people supplying meta reads of themselves in a game that that appears to be extremely different from convention?
5. What is your opinions on policy lynches, when is it ok, not ok etc.
6. Do you support the Lynch all Lurkers argument? Why or why not?
7. How important do you find meta?
8. No question from self
9. Is the fact that you’re basically V/LA on weekends, combined with the fact that all 7 days of the week count in this game, going to affect your play? If so, how?
10. Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia.
11. Which is lonelier when you play, town or scum? Why?
12. Same question - What do you think of Kirby's explanation?
1. well screw you too
2. yes
3. no. I have seen too many players do different things from be aggressive (vote first) to hold bad (vote second to last)
Every time there is a new theory on when scum vote they just vote to another slot they want with no rhyme or reason.
4. I want to see how honest people are about their game play. Asking for links and thoughts means if they are lying about their scum views it would be something I would ask why they lied about it.
5. I detest policy lynches. Most players that are on the end of a policy lynch either ask for replacement for have flipped town more times then I count. It's not scum hunting it's not helpful.
6. Lurkers that are activity lurking yes. Lurkers that are busy and not posting elsewhere no. An active lurker to me means they don't want to be here and are lying in wait instead of going into a game. It's part of what I use when judging a player but it's not my number 1 reason for lynching a player.
7. I used to think before my break it wasn't helpful at all. But I realized more and more people are getting easier for me to read based on meta and how they played a game with me before. It starts to niggle at me things that they did in another game and it usually gives me a more accurate read of them.
9. Limited access isn't v/la. It just means you won't see me around posting as much as I do on the weekdays. The only difference you will see from Mon - Fri vs weekends is less posting and less time for games. I always try to find time during the weekend to post at least once.
10. Most of the time I'm aggressive, sarcastic and I post walls of text when playing mafia. I enjoy the thrill of grilling a player I think is scum and when lynched if I'm correct that little cheer I do when I'm right. I giggle if people think I'm town when I'm scum and it's just all about the pleasure of the victory
11. This is going to sound weird but I feel lonely whenever I'm scum. When scum you can't care about if you bus your scum partner, feel more distant towards players in the game, guarded and tense. Town I feel none of that and even if everyone was against me as town I shared more of myself as town.
12. That was not what I thought he meant when I read the question originally. It sounded to me like he wanted to trip someone up and what would be the point of asking trivia questions.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: The Inquisition
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Questions:

@Debonair and CryMeARiver Why did you vote for Bv310?
@Netopalis why did you vote for DOS
@The inquistion why did you vote for ellibereth
@Colbalt why did you vote for doombunny
@Ellibereth why did you abstain from voting?
@Kirby and Doombunny9 what type of information do you think a trivia question will get you for hunting for scum?
@Sanhora, bv310 and DragonsofSummer Which players did you find the scummiest (besides the one you voted for) and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:04 am

Post by farside22 »

bv310
No Q from Cobalt
3) Why is TheInquisition scummy and who are your top scum candidates?
4)Why did you vote for The Inquisition?
5) Can you give us a quick summery of what you think of all the players int his game so far?
6) If everyone in the town disagreed with you about the person you found scummiest, would you still pursue them?
7) Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
9) What the heck does “niggle” mean, and why would you even use such a word?
10) Why did you vote for The Inquisition? Did you feel that he was scummy enough to merit a bandwagon? Why?
11) During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
12) Do you think that if Ellibereth continues his policy of avoiding actually answering questions (please reread his responses) that we'll ever be able to get a good read on him outside of vote analysis (assuming he actually makes a vote)?
3. TheInquisition asked question that were either role fishing, policy lynching and a question that gives no feed back.
In short I based my vote on the type of questions that were asked. They were anti-town/scummy.
4. see #3 and #5
5. summary of players
bv310: Not much here. Asked only one person a question. The answer to do you have the same alignment as me is very suspect.
he's a very under the radar player from what I know.
Cobalt: Ask a question that was pointless. I don't understand why he would ask a question he wouldn't learn anything from.
He also goes on Doombunny's answer but not on BV for his answer to the question.
bv said:
I believe so, but again the WIFOM
doombunny said:
As far as you know: Yes. Don't know how this will help anyone though
Not really that much of a difference. One says WIFOM he's saying he doesn't know how it helps
doom says as for as he knows bv says I believe so.
difference?
I don't find anything town in regards to cobolt, his question or his attack on boom over bv.
Colbalt is tunneling on doom and I can't see why. leaning scum

CMAR did what theinquister did where he ask a few questions that look to be role fishing. Asking players about their strategy as a PR looks scummy
reading CMAR answers to the questions looks good. I think he is just someone I would keep my eye on for role fishing questions

I really like DDD's questions. They are thoughtful. I feel they are agressive and iquiring. Asked a few questions that were already asked/
So far I have a town read on DDD

doombunny asking trivia questions doesn't serve a purpose. Even with him stating confusion on the game why would trivia questions be a viable thing to do in this game?
At least his follow up questions are good but still feel his initial trivia questions pointless.
overall read uncertain

DOS: is a hard one to read. his comments are crisp. I don't really get anything vibe or read wise on if he's town or scum.
leaning neutral here

Eli: He is short to the point and closed up tighter then a clam. He gives one word answers and no feed back that I find very scummy

kirby: same issue here as with doom. I don't get why asking trivia questions would be helpful in this game.
idk about kirby reading him in isolation I don't get much else. I put him as neutral for now.

neto: I can tell based on his play style we will bump heads. I'm definately more emotional and gut driven player but I find scum doing it. Neto doesn't give me much to go on that I can say hey look here.
I lean neutral

Sanhora: Another player I got nothing on reading in isolation: I lean neutral

Inquister - asked role fishing questions. This looks bad based on his questions
General rolefishing is most often a bad idea as it can usually give scum more information than town. But specific rolefishing can be useful if a player has a very good idea of why he is doing it. For example, if he's a power role and has a confusing result on a player, attempting to draw that out without exposing that player may be worthwhile.
This is just as bad:
Kirbyoshi - You have characterized my questions about roles as fishing, but given that none have actually asked for anything that could actually confirm or deny them, do you think their purpose is to allow actual power roles to very subtlely breadcrumb and then later justify/make scum when claiming justify their response later or do you think it's actually an attempt to out power roles, and assuming you believe that it's actually to out power roles do you think scum would be dumb enough to role fish in Q1 (please answer without using the term WIFOM)?
Looking for things like this is scum motivated to me. Scum would be looking for the these breadcrumbs and such. Pointing out to give players that opporunity just looks to be outing a PR for scum purposes.

6. I had people disagree with me about players before. I typically will look back on it and try my best to see if maybe I'm reaching or too emotional about my views. I never really give up unless I find something in the player I recognize as town. I still always have that feeling in the back the player is scum.
7. You should. you are rather close liped with your answers. This game is simple answer and questions and a person avoiding opening themselves up is bound to look suspicious.
9. niggle is that feeling you get in the back of your head. part of the definition:
worrying, especially in a small but persistent way. I don't know where I got the word from. I heard it somewhere.
10. See #3 and #5 for part of this.
11. who's action were scummiest see #5
12. No. It's why I asked him about his vote. I can say BV310 is under this same category though. Also see my answer for #5 and #7
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote: The Inquisition
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #123 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 am

Post by farside22 »

DDD: Why did you change from voting bv310 to saying CMAR is scum in the span on one voting phase?
Neto: why did you think the inquistion had good questions during the first question phase?
Oman: What are your current view of the players in the game?
colbalt: you said you voted for doombunny for how he answered your question. I just provided how bv answer was almost identicle. Why did you pick doombunny as your first vote over bv?
CMAR: Don't you think it's a bit hypocritcal calling out someone as role fishing when you, yourself asked a few questions that were role fishing as well?
Doombunny: Why did you switch your vote from TI to DOS?
DOS: If inquistion is scummy as hell for rolefishing questions why is CMAR considered town?
Sanhora: Can you please give a brief review of what you think of all the players in the game?
TI: In what game could you ever see rolefishing to get breadcrumb from town as a pro-town action?
Eli: Will there every be a question you will give more then a 1 line answer to?
Kirby: Why did you ask the inquistion only about Colbat in your question to him?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Max wrote:Ta-Da about an hour then it's voting stage.
Mod can I just request an extension. No more then 2 hours. I have to get to work right now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #140 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Questions to me to be answered as soon as I get to work.

farside22 - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

*As the vengeful townie, I can submit at any time a list of all players in our game in order. These people will be killed in order of what I have submitted until I reach a “wrong” person. It is wrong if I have put a third party before scum, put a power role before scum or third party, or put a townie before scum, third party or power role. Once I get something wrong, I die. Keep in mind that this means if I die after submitting my list that the first person on my list is cleared of being scum, though they could be a third party person.

@Everyone Else: Why aren't you helping me lynch CryMeARiver?

@Farside- Do you beleive The Inquisitions claim?

To all players: Since we probably shouldn't lynch Inquisition, who would your second pick be and why?

@Farside - You stated that you didn't like TheInquisition's questions of Stage 1, but in Stage 2 DDD used it for one of his questions. Yet, he got a town read from you for asking 'good' questions. Wanna elaborate on this?

@Farside: Can you give another quick summary of the players? Would like to see how your opinion has changed given TI's claim situation.

@Everyone else: who are your top three scum reads?

farside22 - What question/answer do you think has been the most telling in the game so far?

To all players: Who do you feel has committed the largest scum tell so far today (other than Inquisition), and what was it?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

*As the vengeful townie, I can submit at any time a list of all players in our game in order. These people will be killed in order of what I have submitted until I reach a “wrong” person. It is wrong if I have put a third party before scum, put a power role before scum or third party, or put a townie before scum, third party or power role. Once I get something wrong, I die. Keep in mind that this means if I die after submitting my list that the first person on my list is cleared of being scum, though they could be a third party person.
CMAR: Asked a few role fishing question. Is going all over the place and seems to panic under pressure from people
Colbalt: He asked a pointless question and then signaled out DoomBunny over BV when them both said the exact same thing. So far I haven't received a response on why he did this.
Oman: Nonexsistant to lurkering. Not only did bv not ask or answer questions but now Oman asked a question but hasn't responded to the questions being asked. Lurking in this game makes it easy to hid for scum.
DDD just moved up the list as top 3 scum and here is why. I just asked him why he changed his vote and he said it was because of CMAR's comment to his question. However that question was answered before the first voting stage so his change of vote makes no sense
DOS: just feel meh about him. I get no read and I don't get a sense of any scum hunting with his questions.
middle ground
Sanhora
Neto:
Kirby:
Town:
Doombunny:
Ellibereth:
farside

@Everyone Else: Why aren't you helping me lynch CryMeARiver?
You haven't given me a reason to trust or agree with your vote right now. See above for reason.

@Farside- Do you beleive The Inquisitions claim?
Hard to say. It is either desperate scum trying to save himself with an empty threat or town telling the truth. I haven't seen much scum hunting in his questions.
To all players: Since we probably shouldn't lynch Inquisition, who would your second pick be and why?
See above to the first answer.
@Farside - You stated that you didn't like TheInquisition's questions of Stage 1, but in Stage 2 DDD used it for one of his questions. Yet, he got a town read from you for asking 'good' questions. Wanna elaborate on this?
It was the role fishing question the most that I found scummy not the pointless question of apples and oranges. TI asked about 2 role fishing question. 1 pointless fruit question, a policy lynch question toward Doom directly. So in short it was more then just the one question.
@Farside: Can you give another quick summary of the players? Would like to see how your opinion has changed given TI's claim situation.
See my first answer.
adding this
TI: really uncertain even with the claim. Either a scum gambit that is desperate or he's town that asked misleading, pointless and rolefishing question. I'm leaning desperate scum.
@Everyone else: who are your top three scum reads?
TI: really uncertain even with the claim. Either a scum gambit that is desperate or he's town that asked misleading, pointless and rolefishing question. I'm leaning desperate scum.
CMAR: Asked a few role fishing question. Is going all over the place and seems to panic under pressure from people
Colbalt: He asked a pointless question and then signaled out DoomBunny over BV when them both said the exact same thing. So far I haven't received a response on why he did this.
Oman: Nonexsistant to lurkering. Not only did bv not ask or answer questions but now Oman asked a question but hasn't responded to the questions being asked. Lurking in this game makes it easy to hid for scum.

farside22 - What question/answer do you think has been the most telling in the game so far?
telling in a good way or scum way?
In a good way then all my question are informative. LOL
elibeth answer to the question about his abstain vote was telling in a protown way
Scummy question and answer:
question:
TI wrote:
CryMeARiver - If you were given one ability in addition to your own to help you win this game, what would it be and why?

answer:
CMAR wrote:
My question to Ellibereth was a fancy way of saying "who are you suspicious of"...It's not rolefishing in my mind because I'm not asking if he's a cop or anything of the sort...and its definitely not as bad as TI's questions (soon to come)...I asked my other question for two reasons: 1) I came up with the scum roleblocker question first, and thought I might as well as about a protown one as well and 2) I still don't understand the point of a protown roleblocker because if you knew who was scum PR or 3rd person party, they would be lynched so no need to block...I realize that the roleblocker question wasn't that smart, but I was just trying to balance my scum questions and my town questions
To all players: Who do you feel has committed the largest scum tell so far today (other than Inquisition), and what was it?

See first answer.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #153 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

*no comment from the peanut gallery.*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I knew Eli had a PR by the way he behaved in the game. I'm most confused by the fact he checked DDD and said CMAR was scum with no fact behind it.
It really hurt the scum team and to think it was just mostly gut that he made that statement.
I almost used my power day 1 to kill eli and DDD. I wouldn't have made a difference for CMAR but maybe the inquister might not have used the ability.
And TI I still would have questioned your actions as a ruse town or scum but I still love you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”