Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Vote: Claude
HAAAA! all you guys lose! No really, i'm joking. Claude's obviously the play for Today even though I still think Jaime is the scum. But this kicks the chance of Claude being alive tomorrow and still being scum. So take it as a win-win situation.
Sorry, but [b]V/LA[/b] for a bit...
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:19 am

Post by malthusis »

That's a lynch! The scene will be up shortly...
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 am

Post by malthusis »

After a tense night, the remining 5 people quickly discuss who to lynch next. They settle on one person: Claude. As the Head Scientist goes and grabs the Sonic Cannon, Jaime goes to hold him down...

As he gets strapped to a black stain on the wall (from all the other executed people) he says, "Why can't you just accept our gracious overlords? They have blessed me with all kinds of gifts, why can't you just stop this senseless fighting?"

"I am a human like you, please listen to me!" Claude pleads, but is shortly shut up by Spencer with a blast to the head from the Cannon.

While the lab techs clean up the mess like usual, a helper comes up and hands the Head Scientist a clipboard with a report attached. "Thanks," he mutters to the man before rejoins helping the cleanup crew.

"We have good news!" the Head Scientist says, "We've finished investigating the Sub that smuggled the aliens in here. We've concluded that there was definitely no more then 3 aliens aboard. From what Claude said before he died, we're assuming he's with the aliens (we're checking just to be sure, of course), but it looks like that's all of them. We're putting you under quarantine just in case, but I think this is finally all over......"

Claude Lefevre (who was an Alien Hybrid), GF
was lynched Day 5.

X-COM(Town) has won the game!

Epilogue is coming in a sec...
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Heh, wow I tunneled on Jaime like crazy. Sorry man, really.
Sorry, but [b]V/LA[/b] for a bit...
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 am

Post by malthusis »

The X-COM Weekly Newsletter!

Main Article: Alien Threat at Beta Base Neutralized!

Over the course of the past few weeks, there has been a hijacking attempt at Beta Base by a cell of aliens. But due to the valorous efforts of the aquanauts there, the threat has been neutralized and the base pronounced safe. Last issue, we talked about the people who had died during the efforts. But this issue, we are going to talk about the survivors of the tragedy, the ones that saved the base from what could have been disaster. First off, let's talk about the newest recruit
Able Seaman(formerly Seaman) Spencer Remmington.
After just getting off of the new troops transport, he was able to take out a few aliens to boot! Even after only being on the force for a week, he has already been promoted to Able Seaman.

The next survivor is
Ensign(formerly Able Seaman) Jaime Marcelle
. Although he wasn't the strongest weapon against the aliens, he still played a vital role in taking them out. After being promoted for his work, he is still pwning aliens left and right and is lining himself up for another promotion.

Another survivor from the incident was
Ensign(formerly Able Seaman) Leon Dreyfus
. He was another major player in the operation to take the aliens out. He has become a major player in the newly formed squad, and is a potential candidate for the promotion to Lieutenant.

The final survivor was newly promoted
Commander(formerly Able Seaman) Edward Smilie
. After the incident, he stepped up and showed his prime leadership skills, and out of the 4 survivors was the best person for the vacant spot of Commander. He is currently training the newest batch of troops for battle to replace the fallen soldiers.

Let us never forgot what those soldiers did....

-Written by Codename Malthusis, Head Scientist of Beta Base
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

I think it's about time I reveal who I was. I was Jaime Marcelle. And to Leon- I totally tunneled in on you to XD. But you're right. I could have played a lot smarter and better. One thing I swear to do is to always check my role PM whenever I'm saying something about it, even if I'm pretty sure I know what I'm saying.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, you're always scummy to me. Knew it had to be you, rofl.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Spencer Remmington Mark II, at your service ^-^

Probably pretty obvious given my smiley of choice.

And hey! I ACTUALLY CAUGHT SCUM! FUCK YEAH!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Chaco »

I was lazy as all get out with this game, sorry Malth!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by xvart »

Good game everyone! I was Tracey Morris. I investigated Emile the first night and investigated Leon the second night when I was killed. I tried to drop a little bread crumb about my guilty read on Emile when I said something about being "non-commital" meaning "non com" but it was probably too vague, not that it mattered anyway since he was lynched that day.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 pm

I have never played with xvart before. Interesting :s.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by Edward Smilie »

I'd sure love to see the whole setup, with role pms and everything. Kinda curious about whom I replaced.

I'm guessing at least half the game knows EXACTLY who i am... the messed up posts didn't help- at least i sorted that out when i changed the screen settings.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 am

Post by malthusis »

Here's the setup for this game:

You are
XXXXXX
, an Able Seaman (a merely average aquanaut). You will do anything to wipe out the alien threat, but you have no special abilities other then your voice and your vote.

You win when the H.Q is safe from all threats.
You are the
X-Com Director
, and you are the commander against the alien threat. You have access to information on almost anyone in the base, and can use this to see if they are a registered member of X-Com or not (i.e cop investigation). Other then that, you are just as vulnerable as anyone else who's in this room.

Active Abilities:
[Night]:You may check to see if someone is registered as X-Com personnel. You will get an "X-Com", "Non-X-Com" or "No result"(if blocked).

You win when the H.Q. is safe from all threats.
You are
Captain Stuart White
, one of the main leaders of the aquanaut force. You are one of the best on the team, and you've been trusted with experimental Ion Armor technology. This can even stand up to Sonic weapons, albeit once (one shot bulletproof). You've painted it to blend in with all the other people's diving suits, so no one will recognize it. You hope that this will come in handy for the coming threat...

Passive Abilities:
[Passive]: You are immune to 1 kill during this game.

You are
Lieutenant Otto Ulbreicht
, one of the members of the X-Com, the force against the aliens. When the M.C (Molecular Control) program started up, you were one of the first test subjects. You have honed your skills very well, and are invulnerable against almost any psionic attack. You sense that psionic threats are in this room with you, so it looks like your training will come in handy...

Passive Abilities:
[Passive]: You are immune to any sort of M.C (Molecular Control) attack.

You are the new recruit
Jaime Quevedo
. After receiving a letter confirming your acceptance into the elite ranks of X-Com, you hop on a special sub to be taken to the base. As soon as you get out of the sub and get a chance to gaze at the awe-inspiring base, you here blaring sirens and a person behind you saying to rush to the Sub Pen. You quickly grab a suit, awkwardly put it on, before you have a chance to wonder what's going on......

Despite the thrilling flavor, you have no abilities :D

You win when the H.Q is safe from all threats.
Notes: Here's the original version(which I sent UK :X) He was actually a Miller due to being not registered at X-COM yet.

You are just an average
Gill Man
. You have shown your worth in previous missions and encounters with X-Com, so you have been assigned to your biggest mission yet: Infiltrating a X-Com base. With the help of your fellow agent
XXXXX
(Real name:YYYYYYYY) the
Alien Hybrid
(GF), your superiors think you have a good chance at succeeding. Glory and awards await you if you claim victory......

Factional Abilities:
[Passive]:You may talk with your partner at this link:
[Active]:One of the Mafia members may kill a person at night. I will accept the last action submitted to me by the Mafia, so confirm with your partner during the night.

Passive Abilities:
[Passive]:You have learned limited MC abilities through much experience in battle. The first action directly used on you (Killing,Protecting,RB, etc.) will fail.

You win when you can take control of the Base(Your group is over 50% of the players), or nothing can stop you from this.
Notes: Due to there being no vigs or RB's etc, all this does is block a psionic attack.

You are an
Alien Hybrid
. The aliens have shown you their true colours as kind rulers of their people. Their honorable mission to show humans on the true path has inspired you to climb in the ranks to be the fastest recruit to be promoted to officer ever. It all reaches a climax in this mission: You are going to infiltrate a X-Com base. However, since direct attacks have failed, you are sent in to slowly sabotage the base. All you have for support is your fellow operative
XXXXXX
(Real name:YYYYYYY) the
Gill Man
(1-Shot Force Field). Only time will tell if your mission is a success.....

Factional Abilities:
[Passive]:You may talk with your partner at this link:
[Active]:One of the Mafia members may kill a person at night. I will accept the last action submitted to me by the Mafia, so confirm with your partner during the night.

Passive Abilities:
[Passive]: Since you are half-human, under a swim suit you will blend in perfectly. You are immune to all regular cop investigations.

You win when you can take control of the Base(Your group is over 50% of the players), or nothing can stop you from this.
Notes: GF protection doesn't do a thing against the Cop's investigate...

You are a
Tentaculat
. Through some twist of fate, nature made you much smarter than your own kind, enough to realize that through through M.C Control, you could make your own empire, and rule this world. You have planned for many months how you can possibly do this, but you see a perfect chance after listening into the secret officer radio channels. You find out there is a infiltration mission being planned to take out a X-Com base, and with much cunning, you sneak aboard the ship. After it lands at the base, you promptly take control of a guard and start your mission. The odds are stacked against you, but if you win, the world itself could be kneeling before you!

Factional Abilities:
[Active]:Every night, you may start M.C (Molecular Control) attacking a player. This player cannot use abilities till the attack stops (i.e You are dead) and will count towards your win condition. They will however, have the chance to pick one person to mentally lash out at any night. If they pick you, you (and all your recruits) die. If they pick someone else, they will be totally controlled by you, and you can then use their account to post in game (The original player will be kicked out of the game).

You win if you and your recruits/people under attack comprise over 50% of the town.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:44 am

TOLD YOU! TOLD YOU GERHARD WAS THIRD PARTY!

Hell, I think I even called cult on him!

Surprised at only two scum though :S. Ah well.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:13 am

Post by malthusis »

Here's the Playerlist....

Playerlist:

CooLDoG (Igor Schultz)V.T
Bub Bidderskins(Emile Buchard)Gill Man
xvart(Tracey Morris)Director
Doombunny9(Jaime Marcelle)V.T
Zakeri/UK(Spencer Remmington)Miller
lewarcher82(Claude Lefevre)GF
Chaco(Leon Dreyfus)V.T
foilist13(Gerhard Krause)Tentaculat
Ground/Humble Poirot/The Fonz(Edward Smilie)V.T
Dizzle(Andrew Lemarchand)V.T
saberwolf(Otto Ulbreicht)Psi
chamber(Stuart Whyte)1-shot Bulletproof

Also, I'm taking pre-ins for my next game, Malth's Alternate Reality. There are NO vanillas and new power roles galore! It is currently in the Queue right now!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

UncertainKitten wrote:TOLD YOU! TOLD YOU GERHARD WAS THIRD PARTY!

Hell, I think I even called cult on him!

Surprised at only two scum though :S. Ah well.
Thing is... cult in a mini is insane, and a terrible fit for the flavour. When someone flips alien (and pink, whilst not the usual mafia colour, is associated with the aliens in X-Com) in a game where the flavour is two-sided, you usually deal with it. Tbh, I did think cult after several days of only one death- Tentaculat is the TFTD version of the Cryssalid, right? When everyone claimed VT, I pretty much knew it was one scum left- vs 3 groupscum and a third party, town needs a fuckload of power to balance it. That said, you still have to play worst case scenario- and I had reasons beyond plausibility of being one of a pair to suspect claude.

However, the cult variation this had was better than a normal cult by several million miles- the alt system allowed the Tentaculat to take over the account, without the original player's wc changing (so no problem with a player playing for one side all game then getting culted at the death).

The fact that being 'fully' culted required a positive action on behalf of the player, and that if that didn't happen the player could continue playing as normal, but counted towards the Culter's WC, was cool, as was the fact that if they didn't choose to lash out, the player could warn the town of the cult's existence.

The biggest of my many problems with the cult mechanic is that they actually have very little skill involved- usually, one of two things happen- either the CR dies early on, and it's a nonfactor, or it gets discovered too late, and town's basically screwed through no fault of its own. (Seriously, CRs seem to be N1 NK targets for scum far more than chance would suggest). Very rarely does the town know there's a cult, and still have time to do anything about it.

I think I'm going to nominate the role for a scummy.

I kinda feel sorry for Malth, cause obviously the cult mechanic must have been 80% or so of the interest in this game for him, and then the bastard goes and gets crosskilled N1.

On a side note, Chaco- I hope you can see why i changed my mind on you. In early game, a player who avoids a bad wagon, and says they suspect the scum, looks townish. If that player then doesn't run the scum up when given the chance, the picture is completely different. Whilst you may have felt Igor was scummy as hell, the way he was playing made him almost the perfect target for scum looking for an alternative to bussing his scumbuddy- and in fact, that's precisely what happened. It just wasn't you. That was part of my town read on Jaime, too- he looked like exactly the kind of player scum would try to push as an alternative to themselves.

Also, I've only used it as an argument in thread a handful of times, but the 'middle of the pack scum' tell has never yet been wrong. (I'm sure it will be at some point- but i still think it's damn useful).
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 am

Fuck yeah! I called chamber! I'm AWESOME!

Um...I've only played with three of you. What the hell?

And yeah, cults in a mini are insane. But the flavor and odd flip color (and lack of flavor knowledge) basically pushed me into assuming third party of some sort, likely cult. I do like this variant a lot though, as you said Fonz.

Anyway, I've improved a bit since our first game together, ne :P?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, my tunnel vision and coasting wasn't exactly helping anything.

Truth be told, I would've voted for Emile, but hadn't got back around to it.
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Dizzle »

Like I said in the QT, I wasn't surprised at all at my NK thanks to multiple people, including Claude, declaring me town. Good work finding him out dudes.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

UncertainKitten wrote: Anyway, I've improved a bit since our first game together, ne :P?
That one still pisses me off. This was a lot more like Ye Olde Tymes FL, minus the conspiracy theory. You actually listened to my argument for Jaime, which made me happy.
Chaco wrote:Yeah, my tunnel vision and coasting wasn't exactly helping anything.
Coasting, certainly not. But your tunnelvision helped me read you as town. It's quite hard for scum to fake tunneling- i can only do it when i genuinely think i've been grossly misrepresented.

Dizzle wrote:Like I said in the QT, I wasn't surprised at all at my NK thanks to multiple people, including Claude, declaring me town. Good work finding him out dudes.
I was kinda expecting me. Tbh, I was surprised Claude chose to kill Igor rather than you or I. We weren't exactly easy lynches either, and Igor was a VI, who could have been expected, i think, to tunnel on whoever the first person to express suspicion of him was. I know I'd have been a lot more reluctant to NL in a town which also included the Leon vs Jaime townfight AND Igor, because that's a whole lot of wrong floating around. In which case, that day could very easily have gone down to competing Leon and Jaime wagons, with whoever survived looking terrible when the other flips town.

Having you there meant I felt there was one reliable town player guaranteed to be there at EG. (No offence, UK, but your role had lurked so much all game that i found it hard to trust you however well you played).

Also: @Mod, you really shouldn't have posted the 'you know the townie pm is in the first page, right?' comment, because it very much indicated to me that in fact, neither did.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 am

Fonz wrote:
That one still pisses me off. This was a lot more like Ye Olde Tymes FL, minus the conspiracy theory. You actually listened to my argument for Jaime, which made me happy.
What happened in Ye Olde Tymes? I didn't play that one I don't think.

And it was a logical argument. I'm aware of the swing vote tell, and analyzing it, I realized Jaime scum ONLY works as an individual, which led the the tree that caught Claude. I still am amazed I logicked out scum for once.
Fonz wrote: Having you there meant I felt there was one reliable town player guaranteed to be there at EG. (No offence, UK, but your role had lurked so much all game that i found it hard to trust you however well you played).
It's fine. My reread was also delayed. I don't expect people to ignore the past sins of a player slot, I just do my best to combat them.

However, I think the Igor kill was semi wise. I did explain why I thought they did it in thread, IIRC. The counterwagon argument would have made Igor pretty much confirmed.

But him living might very well have lead to what you said. I probably wouldn't have picked up the swing vote tell and actually worked THROUGH it to discover swinging was going to lose Jaime the game as anything BUT lone scum.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

UncertainKitten wrote:
Fonz wrote:
You kidding me? The one modded by Shea, with you, me, Ether, and Yos? Where you and Raging Rabbit spent the game tunneling on each other, but we ended up compromising by lynching scum instead.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 am

The Fonz wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:
Fonz wrote:
You kidding me? The one modded by Shea, with you, me, Ether, and Yos? Where you and Raging Rabbit spent the game tunneling on each other, but we ended up compromising by lynching scum instead.
I now vaguely remember this. I will have to reread this to see how hilariously stupid I played :P.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 am

Post by malthusis »

Here's the Green Zone QT: (scum can reveal theirs if they want)

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/4fpbMPBV9esC
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:49 am

Post by malthusis »

Also, I had to admit I was laughing when Stuart amazingly deduced that Emile was scum and got lynched for it. I was surprised no one thought that could have been an investigate even though there was no N0.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”