Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Vivi57 »

Oh wow, I completely forgot about this game. I only was reminded by an email that told me I had a new pm here.

This is my first time playing and I feel like I'm surrounded by players much better than me, but it seems like sir cyanide looks like mafia. It's almost like all he's doing is arguing. I can't really place my finger on it, but I just have a really bad feeling about him.

so.
unvote; Vote: sir cyanide

(did I vote correctly?)
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

Agar: this is my first time playing mafia

zhero: jack's claim doesn't make me think he's cop or any other role for that matter. It looks like nothing was happening in the game and he made that statement to make the game to start moving (and it worked).

The votes on buttonman seem to have happened much faster than any other set of votes. Do mafia typically attack a person and vote like that?
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

It looks like zang and TQO have accused half the people in the game of being mafia. I'm definitely having doubts about both of them because both look like they're just trying to get anyone they can lynched. For now, I'm going to go with TQO because he's much more aggressive than zang and that seems like he'd be able to do alot more harm if we let him get away with it.

unvote; vote TQO
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Vivi57 »

wow tqo. That long post gives a huge insight to your thinking and shows that you weren't just randomly voting. Every decision had a good reason behind it.

unvote

I'd like to see the same from zang. Zang switched votes a ton early on and still hasn't given great reasons for it. He needs to make a post similar to tqo's to get himself off my suspect list.

vote: zang
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Vivi57 »

The votes for TBM are getting ridiculous.

All of tbm's posts are really consistent and he keeps the same idea in mind. The original idea to lynch him was based on how he didn't want role discussion to protect the real cop. This is a perfectly legitimate goal and I don't know why people were pushing so hard for his lynch based off this.

From there, the people who wanted him lynched initially just latched onto the idea that because he kept pushing for tqo to be lynched, tbm was insta mafia and should be lynched. tbm trying to pursue a goal that he thinks will help us win the game doesn't make him mafia, it just means he honestly thinks tqo is mafia and that a tqo lynch will make us one step closer to winning.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

Zang wrote:Ok here is some more reasoning for my vote

1.both cruelty and TQO wanted a lynch.
2.My list was not a list of scum tells but an overview of everything that tbm did
3.Tbm was not scum hunting, as you can see from my overview pretty much everything he did was accusing tqo of lying/changing his story
1. either this means you believe 100% in them or you're trying to shift blame off yourself
2. so why does this make you want to lynch tbm?
3. he believed tqo was scum and was hunting him.

Zang changed his votes a ton on day1 and then changed his vote to get the lynch in the end. Nothing has changed to convince me that zang is anything other than scum.

Vote: Zang
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

Zang wrote:
Jack wrote:
Zang wrote: Jack-basically, his biggest mistake was his cop claim, he had no reason for it and I don't think he ever did explain why he did do it.
Since it's moved beyond the useful now, I'll state the obvious: it was a bit of a joke to get some discussion started. I often do this. The random vote stage annoys me. I very carefully
didn't
claim cop btw. You can call it a soft claim, but what cop in their right mind soft claims page one? That isn't even wifom.
I realized that it was a joke but it was still a big mistake
explain how it was a mistake. He just wanted to get discussion going and he succeeded. Are you trying to say that jack generating discussion is a bad thing?
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Vivi57 »

At this point, I can see the mafia team being zang, jack, cruelty

zang I've already talked about before, but if you want, I'll talk more

jack... I still don't hate his claim as cop, but his posts of just "giving up" on page 20 just give me a really bad feeling. It seems like he felt backed into a corner and threw out that as an excuse to not have to write up replies where he keeps contradicting himself and making himself look scummier.

cruelty. the tbm wagon, post 347 "ah fuck it, I'm in." this is the first thing I have a problem with. Maybe I missed it, but what was the information you claimed we gained from a tbm mislynch? I also don't like 400 where you're pushing the day1 lynch even harder. Then reading the your last post, I found this little gem:
cruelty wrote:Well, L1 isn't a lynch.

I gotta come clean though, I'm fairly apathetic about the game right now and I would like for something to happen that grabs my interest.
I'm not 100% behind the TBM lynch (I suspect mainly because I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to him, something I'll rectify tomorrow), but I'm willing to look a little scummy and jump on the wagon
, unless there's a viable alternative (which I don't really expect there to be).
cruelty wrote:With regards to Zang I keep changing my mind. On the one hand, yeah he's scummy, but on the other hand his scumminess is barely believable. The problem is (much like TQO) that I don't really have a bad gut vibe from him - I can see his posts coming from newb town with a genuine desire to help and a naive propensity to find the scummiest way he possibly can to contribute.

Having said that, I'll get behind a Zang lynch if the majority want, I'm not going to push his wagon because I'm honestly not completely sold on his guilt
(intellectually I'm aware the evidence is stacking up but my head has been wrong lately).
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Vivi57 »

wow.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

cruelty, I hope you're planning on posting you reasoning for suddenly changing your vote to zang
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Vivi57 »

cruelty wrote:What information do we get from a TBM lynch? Well we now know that everything he said and did was pro-town intentioned,
we know that scum was likely on his wagon and we know scum probably pushed the mislynch.
This is generally stuff that can be referred to when making a case, something that hasn't really happened today and so hasn't come into play. It will, I'm sure.
cruelty wrote:
Jazzmyn wrote:Although Zang is among my scum reads, the problem I have is that two of my other scum reads (Cruelty and Vivi) are on his wagon, and that gives me pause.
I detest voting analysis. Especially ones like this, I genuinely don't understand why who is on the wagon matters. It just seems like a really contrived reason to avoid voting.
cruelty: why do you keep contradicting yourself?
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #641 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

Noone has mentioned this yet, but one interesting thing I found rereading SC was his accusations of cyanide before he got replaced out. Since noone else was posting anything about cyanide possibly being scum, it's likely that after being replaced out, he'd just fade into the shadows. As the only person suspecting cyanide, coug would be the one reading jazzmyn the most carefully and comparing her to cyanide.

Eliminating coug is a great way for the scum to get rid of the only person hunting jazz and let her essentially start on a clean slate with cyanide's actions completely forgotten.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Vivi57 »

I just reread cruelty and one of the things that really sticks out is how he stuck his vote on zang. Zang complained that not much was going on in the game and wanted some activity. Cruelty responded by putting a vote on zang and his reasoning was "stagnation."

Given the information we have now, it looks much more like a panicking mafia trying to self preserve.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Vivi57 »

Right now, I'm in the same boat as tony. I really do think that cruelty is scum, but at the same time I'm really scared to vote because I don't want the scum to come out and end it right now. It definitely doesn't help that jack (likely scum) is trying to push the lynch.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

Cruelty has been at L-2 for over 72 hours now. Initially, I was cautious because I was scared of scum pushing the vote on cruelty and lynching him fast. As more time passed and noone tried to lynch him, it became more and more likely for him to be scum. I am now confident enough to place my vote.

Vote: Cruelty
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Vivi57 »

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/CdBGYy7a5jZuA

good thing we hit SC instead of leafsnail on n2

I think we played day1 and day2 really well. The town was just accusing a bunch of other townies and we were just able to slide right through. Day3 was awful. We got impatient and it showed through our posts. Leafsnail had us figured out by the end of the day. Was initially planning on just waiting till another pro town player put a vote on cruelty, but with the way things were going, that just wasn't going to work. The longer we waited, the worse off we were, so I just waited till jack posted and then put my vote in, hoping zhero got to the thread before jack did.

Day1 was fun. I put in my random defense of tbm hoping people would read that and say "omg, vivi + tbm scum!" and hammer really quickly. Also took suspicion off me for a while. Not sure if it worked completely as intended, but I'd like to think it did.

but overall, I came in here planning on playing newbtown to put attention off me, but I'm used to a 48 hour day/24 hour night so this game took a bit longer than I expected and it threw off what my plan was. The other problem with that plan was that agar had played with me before, but that didn't hurt me much.
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Vivi57 »

good game
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #704 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Vivi57 »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Personal note: Vivi was much more active and helpful in the QT than he was in-game. If I see you be as uninformative in-game again, I'm calling scum on you.
of course, I only get to abuse being an unknown once :)
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

n2 was a tough decision between you and leaf for who to kill

seeing your prot of jack, I'm really glad we chose to play n1 the way we did
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #724 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

zhero: I was active lurking the entire game, posting just enough to not get prodded. pm to wickedest from day1:

"when 72 hours is up, you send me a pm that I have to post in the next 24 hours right?

I've been active lurking so to fix that, I'm going to wait for a prod, and play a newb saying i forgot about the game."

huge thanks to wickedestjr for hosting

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”