farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

RVS can also create chat if people look into things, but telling people you do not want RVS I suspect is a way to form a type of chat on your post alone kittymo.
In short kittymo can either be looked at as trying to stir up convo earlier or not offering discussion with that statement. I'm leaning the former based on the last two post.

vote Zachrulez

FOS: Nikanor

Quick question for both. How is it what she did, did not promote discussion?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Well, Zach, I was planning on providing another method of discussion, but I had to leave for dance class soon, and didn't have time to come up with one.
Perhaps you should have waited till after dance class to post then?
That is all you got after her post?
farside22: How has taking a break from mafia impacted your play as of coming back?
It was a much needed break. I was starting to not post, gloss over things and just felt nothing for my games no matter my alignment. So far coming back I feel has brought back the old player I used to be, before I hit that wall.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
KittyMo wrote:StrangerCoug: Is it scummy to suggest skipping the RVS?
No. While I should have said earlier that Zachrulez made a good point in post #11, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about.
And this is my exact thought too. In fact this post really bothers me
Nik wrote:I don't care if something promotes discussion. If a guy is obvscum, his scumminess is going to provoke discussion. How is the fact that it promotes discussion supposed to provide reason for me not to vote her?
How is kittymo obvious scum? Reading your reasoning for voting kittymo can you explain a bit better what it was that is scummy?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:Hey Farside, why do you think someone generally asks someone what they find scummy?
It could be to stir conversation or to look at something that a person said and hop onto it, use it as their own. Depends when it's being asked.
For me this early in the game, I'm not thinking scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:See, my thought when I see a question like that is that of a scum player who wants to know what NOT TO DO in a mafia game, a scum player who might be paticularly worried about being caught by a specific player. (You'd have to know my history with Kittymo to fully understand what I'm getting at.)

Do you think the fact that I don't share your stance in this instance makes me more likely to be scum?
Unfortunately the game I'm thinking of is currently taking place but I will just say that just because I know I did something that was looking scummy doesn't mean I'm scum. I know many a player that had and still do make comments to stir conversation and see who pounces on a weak scum tell.
As for history well there is only one player on this site I refuse to play with the rest I don't use meta on.
Say for example a player does something they know will look town to another player in the game because of meta when they are scum. This is just my theory of why meta doesn't really float with me.
As for you stance it's quiet clear where you stand and no I no longer find it scummy.

unvote
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
farside22 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
KittyMo wrote:StrangerCoug: Is it scummy to suggest skipping the RVS?
No. While I should have said earlier that Zachrulez made a good point in post #11, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about.
And this is my exact thought too. In fact this post really bothers me
Whose post really bothers you how? I don't think I'm reading this clearly.
The fuss that zach is making over kittymo on her not wanting to RVS and willing to vote on the first person to RVS.
I just think it's not that big of a deal and I didn't see what she did as scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave wrote:Nik, why do you not love me? is your new meta for scum against me ignoring me? D= you should just play normaly, and I might not notice you being a spy.

so far:

Nik town = nik hunting me down, even if it doesn't make sense (korlash + grim pokemon)

Nik scum = siding with me and being nice to me (classic wolf... thing... manbearpig)

This game: ignored! =O *sirens* I new challenger is aproaching!!!

the fact that you told me before that that would be the last time you use that meta on me, makes me wonder about this cold shoulder silent treatment D= this is why you are scum this game. GG Nik, dun QQ too much now =p

meta is overrated you know. I have this discussion so many times I feel like I'm on repeat. If a play is scum and knows what another player expects of them as town would they not act that way to ensure their townness.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 am

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave wrote:
farside22 wrote:
MrSuave wrote:Nik, why do you not love me? is your new meta for scum against me ignoring me? D= you should just play normaly, and I might not notice you being a spy.

so far:

Nik town = nik hunting me down, even if it doesn't make sense (korlash + grim pokemon)

Nik scum = siding with me and being nice to me (classic wolf... thing... manbearpig)

This game: ignored! =O *sirens* I new challenger is aproaching!!!

the fact that you told me before that that would be the last time you use that meta on me, makes me wonder about this cold shoulder silent treatment D= this is why you are scum this game. GG Nik, dun QQ too much now =p

meta is overrated you know. I have this discussion so many times I feel like I'm on repeat. If a play is scum and knows what another player expects of them as town would they not act that way to ensure their townness.
yes, that would be the assumption. but this is a meta that has more than the proof on this mafia site. we (Nik and I) are RL friends, and he has never once spared me in a game, even if I was on his team. he is always out to get me, so that's why this has merit. yes, he continued his shinanigans in mafia, and when he broke away from that he was scum and I killed him for it =D. your argument has merit, but that only applies to people who mearly know one another in this game, or do not game together often. and yes, this does not mean that my whole case is perfect, but so far it has not failed me. and by your logic, Nik should be tunneling me right now, but alas, he is not.
Ah.
I'm confused then if you don't mind. You say as town he act as one way and as scum another. If he is acting in neither way how does that read for you about him?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Nikanor wrote:MrSuave, I'm starting to think you're scummy simply because of your overconfidence in the early game. Believe it or not, overconfidence is a scumtell. It's how I always catch KittyMo as scum, hehe.
Anyway,
Unvote. Vote: MrSuave.

You obviously seem to want my vote anyway.
Please explain better this post strike's me as cryptic.

@SC: What changed your mind from the two post below on KittyMo?
StrangerCoug wrote:
Nikanor wrote:
KittyMo wrote: I want to be in a game with no RVS. Therefore, I will vote the next person to random vote.
Except that your reasoning for placing a vote will rely on the RVS's existence.
Vote: KittyMo.
A tad opportunistic, aren't we?
StrangerCoug wrote:
KittyMo wrote:Since I apparently fail so much, what better plan would you like to grace us with?
Unvote: yabbaguy
Vote: KittyMo

If one plan for generating discussion fails, try another yourself. Don't ask people to generate discussion for you.
Lowell wrote:If kitty can keep up this intensity throughout she'll be an asset. If she can't than this will be a waste of our time. In general I agree with nik's assesment.

unvote, vote zach
. 39 and 41, taken together, rub me the wrong way. 39 is meta and 41 is defensive and meta.
@Lowell: What are your thoughts on KittyMo now?

@everyone: What is the best way to get out of RVS?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lowell wrote:I'd like to see some interest in a zach wagon if folks aren't doing anything other than telling jokes.
I had a question on this page that I want an answer from you.
@Lowell: What are your thoughts on KittyMo now?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:52 am

Post by farside22 »

A lot of what I see going on seems to be meta talk. What disturbs me is that MrSuave brings up Nik's town play vs scum play. How as town nik will make some vote to him and what do I see but here
Nikanor wrote:MrSuave, I'm starting to think you're scummy simply because of your overconfidence in the early game. Believe it or not, overconfidence is a scumtell. It's how I always catch KittyMo as scum, hehe.
Anyway,
Unvote. Vote: MrSuave.

You obviously seem to want my vote anyway.
I don't like this at all it means now he's voting him because of this meta and it just rubs as scum trying to prove then meta now.

vote: Nikanor
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #110 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

Just to clarify mrsauve points out that as town nik goes after him even when the reasoning isn't sound.
After this point is made and mrsauve states that he's ignoring him Nik now goes after mrsauve.
If someone says I think your scum because this isn't your nomal town meta and changes it to fit the meta it looks scummy to change after the fact.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

Nikanor wrote:
farside wrote:Just to clarify mrsauve points out that as town nik goes after him even when the reasoning isn't sound.
Read this game and tell me that I'm acting in that game how MrSuave is trying to make me out to act. It is debatable whether I actually tunnel on him later on in the game, but I hardly mention him in the early stages of that game. He is trying to make it look as if I go straight for him and don't look back as town, which simply is not true.
So the meta he is talking about has not truth to it? Is somewhat true or what?
I want links from both of you on this matter.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #120 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:22 am

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave wrote:well, I don't want to get 2 days in and be like, "OH CRAP NIK IS SCUM!" I want to get this cleared up asap. hence, guilty untill prooven innocent. you will always be scum to me untill I cannot read you. but so far, my recent game wth you where I read you like a book, I'm going to go with the fact I can read you.
Why are you saying that is normal meta is X when that is not the case then?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

@farside: You admit that Suave's meta 'evidence' is not valid. Why does your vote linger?
I'm waiting for a response from Suave on my question and see how he responds. Right now he has my full attention.
You are not scare of a vote on you are you? Does it concern you in some way or reason at this point?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:27 am

Post by farside22 »

To MrSuave:
farside22 wrote:
MrSuave wrote:well, I don't want to get 2 days in and be like, "OH CRAP NIK IS SCUM!" I want to get this cleared up asap. hence, guilty untill prooven innocent. you will always be scum to me untill I cannot read you. but so far, my recent game wth you where I read you like a book, I'm going to go with the fact I can read you.
Why are you saying that is normal meta is X when that is not the case then?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #141 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Lowell wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Lowell wrote:If kitty can keep up this intensity throughout she'll be an asset. If she can't than this will be a waste of our time. In general I agree with nik's assesment.

unvote, vote zach
. 39 and 41, taken together, rub me the wrong way. 39 is meta and 41 is defensive and meta.
Is it your position that people who make meta arguments are scummy then?
Yes, basically. If that's pretty much all they do. It's my opinion that being meta is a good way to appear active while not really ruffling any feathers. This is what I see you doing, even in the way you phrased this question.
Why the vote on Zach when MrSuave was the first to bring meta discussion up.

Reading 39 and 41. How is 39 meta?

SC post 68 can't say I agree with you here. Maybe it's the female in me but I know I get that if you don't like it then you do it attitude. No I'm not trying to say this in a sexist way but I've felt many times like Kitty has when someone tells me I fail I will go back at them and say well then lets see you do better.

@scorpion: What is the point of post 84? Why the self vote and how does that help the game at this point?
post 116 I would say it's hard to take you seriously. You're actions are either anti-town/scum or town trying to promote discussion and using traps to bait scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #142 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Lowell wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:

unvote, vote zach
Is it your position that people who make meta arguments are scummy then?
Yes, basically. If that's pretty much all they do. It's my opinion that being meta is a good way to appear active while not really ruffling any feathers. This is what I see you doing, even in the way you phrased this question.
Why the vote on Zach when MrSuave was the first to bring meta discussion up.

Reading 39 and 41. How is 39 meta?

SC post 68 can't say I agree with you here. Maybe it's the female in me but I know I get that if you don't like it then you do it attitude. No I'm not trying to say this in a sexist way but I've felt many times like Kitty has when someone tells me I fail I will go back at them and say well then lets see you do better.

@scorpion: What is the point of post 84? Why the self vote and how does that help the game at this point?
post 116 I would say it's hard to take you seriously. You're actions are either anti-town/scum or town trying to promote discussion and using traps to bait scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #143 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:56 am

Post by farside22 »

sorry for the double post the connection was slow and I didn't think it went through the first time.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #146 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Lowell wrote:@farside- because I only have one vote. Zach strikes me as the bigger offender. suave is just plain lurky.
How is post 39 meta talk?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #153 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave wrote:why do I say this is the norm? because I expect "hostility" from my friend Nik. he hasn't failed me before, at wanting to screw me over, so why should I expect different now? I was lightly trying to provoke him, this is true. but if you look at the werewolf game, I believ it was game C?, I was provoking him and he blatently ignored me. Now, if you look at a end game comment, it gets all wifomy because he states he will never be nice to me again. well, I took his ignoring of my pokes at him as a sign. that's all.
No this is not what you said all on in your original post. You made is sound like he always acts a certain way when town and then acts another with scum.
This just looks like backtracking.

unvote:
vote: MrSuave
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #165 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

Kitty may need to replace. She said in the other game I was in she was having connection problems there as well.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #177 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by farside22 »

Most of the talk is either Kitty and what she did or meta talk. It's hard to get away from meta talk when people are using it as a basis.
My vote on Suave is because he is misrepresenting how Nik act when town vs scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #189 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

why would you ask a theory question in-game that accomplishes nothing?
I'm sorry I have a lot going on today with x-mas shopping. What question was this your talking about?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #225 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 am

Post by farside22 »

I need to read on this game but I saw the question from zack I wanted to touch on.
@farside- You asked "what's the best way to get out of RVS?"
I asked this for a good reason. Many people were commenting on Kitty as scum based on her first post. I wanted to see what people thought was a good way to get out of RVS stage to gauge a reaction from people's answers and reference kittymo and her actions. Unfortuantely only 3 people really answered the question which doesn't give enough of an example of difference action players take to attempt to get out of such a thing.
I will get on my read today. I had not realized the deadline was looming so close in this game and I'm arguing like crazy in 2 games so my appologizes for not being here sooner.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #232 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:I'm not really buying XScorpion's explanation for his weak attack on everyone attacking him. I also think he's stretching trying to connect Lowell with KittyMo.

Unvote
Vote: XScorpion
I agree with the stretching but there was on thing that caught my attention.

xscorpion:
I like how Lowell comments on people showing up, when both zach and Suave have been more active than him. Also I don't like bandwagon votes that have basically no logic behind them.
It was really the only valid point he had though. The rest just didn't seem to make any sense.

Lowell wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Deadline's in 3 days guys, we might want to come to a consensus on a lynch here.

Unvote: Vote: Lowell
Also, doesn't suave have more votes? If your real purpose were just to make sure we get a lynch, wouldn't you go for the leader rather than suspiciously picking someone with fewer votes?

QFT

Actually you're vote ties the votes between lowell and mr.suave.

mod wrote:With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

XScorpion (1) - StrangerCoug
Lowell (2) - Scott Brosius, XScorpion,
StrangerCoug (1) - KittyMo
MrSuave (3) - Nikanor, farside22, Lowell,

The only difference is that I know that zach had his reason's for lowell based on the meta talk abut suave has been doing the exact same thing on Nik so I'm not sure what the difference between the two is on this case.

I still never got an answer from lowell on how post 39 has anything to do with meta.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #248 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

@farside-225: That just sounds ridiculously too convoluted to be true. Whatever "information" you're planning on getting out of that sounds too deep to possibly be an effective strategy.
There was about 3 or 4 people questioning kittymo on her opening and her reasoning. I wanted to see how other people would suggest getting out of the RVS if kitty's play was so scummy then for example why did no one target scorpion with is self vote. Basically what I wanted to see is what people do in order to trap scum. I see it more often than not.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #273 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Going back to
vote: mrsuave

He misinterprets the meta read on Nik trying to push a case on him for not only weak but misleading reasons.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #280 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:
Lowell wrote:Any chance we should do some sort of mass copclaim situation? Can we use two cops to our advantage here or what?
I'm thinking this would be a terrible idea.
I think lowell it suggesting what I have seen as a hypoclaim.
IE: Each person say I investigated X player and got X results.
This helps protect the cops from outing their results directly and leaves a breadcrumb for the town incase the cop is killed during the night.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #285 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:By the way, this idea is not new.

This is one of the games such a tactic was attempted.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10191

Pretty easy to see how it ended.
I know it's not a new idea. I can think about 3 games I recall that did this idea. I don't see how it's role fishing. He's not asking the cops to claim, he's suggesting everyone do a claim so when/if a cop dies the town is left with some information.
However with a player that can change a players alignment if this idea helps the cop see any discrepancies with their own results later in the game. Or if it will just confuse the town more.
Either way I'm not for the idea just not seeing it as role fishing per se.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #289 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:Well farside, think about it this way.

If we were to hypoclaim, the scum could look at all the hypoclaims knowing exactly what results make sense and what results don't.

So pretty much what is going to happen is that the cop's results are going to make sense no matter what if they tell the truth about the results they received from the mod, and more than likely at least some of the vanillas are going to claim results that make no sense and the scum are going to instantly know it, and cross their name off the list of potential cops. (Which is exactly what the scum are hoping for.)

Hence rolefishing.
Idk I was in a game where I was scum and it wasn't obvious who was faking but some were easy to tell so yeah I can see it as helpful to scum but just as confusing as well.
I don't support it for this game do to the WIFOM factor, but even when I suggested it as town in one game and scum in the other I never looked at it as role fishing. It's a good point you have and a reminder to me in future games to think more about this suggestion.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #292 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lowell wrote:You guys are idiots. It's just a suggestion. How bad at this game do you think I am?

vote zach
. This guy is unbearable and obvious.
I missed the OMGUS vote.

FOS: Lowell

Starting to think you are acting out because your idea got shot down by zach and scorpion.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #296 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Lowell wrote:It's not clear to me why SUGGESTING a hypoclaim is scummy. I for one think it would be a good idea, and there might be others out there as well if not for the power of the mob to shoot the idea down before even knowing what I'm talking about. There are a lot of twitchy players out there and I don't like it.

If Suave and I are scum, whatsay we lynch Suave first, okay?

@farside- I am acting out... a little. The way zach clings to the mindless accusations on me suggest to me that he's scum. In ISO I've yet to see him do anything without mass public support, which is not exactly the most townish behavior.
The fact is both zach and scorpion says it was scummy.
kittymo called it role fishing. Why are you attacking zach only on this?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #309 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going to go over the hypo claim and where my thoughts on it came from first

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8924

This is the game I was mod in. They did a hypoclaim for the cop (fbi) and even though I knew who the cop was it actually confused the mafia more then helped. If fact the mafia guessed completely wrong and lost.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8932

This game I was mafia and suggested the hypoclaim. Although in our scum chats it narrowed down suspects for us we still guessed wrong with the hypoclaim on who was what.
So yes it narrow's it down as scum know their claims are BS but the rest they have either a assumption based on the claims or town does the worst picks without reason which helps the scum.
in both cases this helped from outing a power role to the scum and helped the town more.
The only reason I'm not saying lets do this is because of the WIFOM with the tailor in the game. The cop results can be corrupted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #321 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

First I never said I was for the idea. I saw the pro's and con's but never said lets do it. Also as scum it helped but wasn't a garentee. Do not put words in my mouth there were not there.
As scum it's easy to see if someone is just BS'ing if they are terrible with hypo claim and claim something dumb. However there is guessing it it.
As for the game zach brought up. No I didn't look at it because I was commenting on those (1) I remembered off the top of my head and (2) was commenting more on the fact it wasn't a novel concept.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #322 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

Looking now at the game that zach mentioned I don't remember much about it. It was during the time I was starting to fade from mafia so I would have to reread the game over again to see why it hurt the town in that game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #330 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote:
farside22 wrote:First I never said I was for the idea. I saw the pro's and con's but never said lets do it. Also as scum it helped but wasn't a garentee. Do not put words in my mouth there were not there.
Keep digging, farside. I didn't put words in your mouth. I never said anything about it being a guarantee for scum and I never said that you said "let's do it". I said that you suggested that hypocop claiming would help the cops (because you did suggest that) and it does no such thing. It helps the scum. Period.
farside22 wrote:As scum it's easy to see if someone is just BS'ing if they are terrible with hypo claim and claim something dumb. However there is guessing it it.
Again, it only helps the scum by narrowing their targets, even if "there is guessing in it" because if everyone makes a claim, some of them are going to be (to the scum) quite obviously wrong, thus eliminating those players as real cops and narrowing the field for the scum to pick off the cops.
farside22 wrote:As for the game zach brought up. No I didn't look at it because I was commenting on those (1) I remembered off the top of my head and (2) was commenting more on the fact it wasn't a novel concept.
If you didn't look at it, you should have because it was posted as evidence of why hypocop claiming in a game like this is a bad idea, and you cited the post in which it was linked. Secondly, I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't remember that game in light of your big, dramatic spat with another player at the end of the game and during the post-game. I'm more inclined to believe that you remember the game very well, but that you hoped nobody else would actually read it to find out that you played in it with an alt, because you're scum in this game and because you know from that game that the hypocop claiming suggestion is a bad idea for town here.

Regards,
Jazz
Sweetie I said it helps hide the cops and allows them to give a results so if they die the town has info.
Also I didn't suggest the idea. Lowell did I was explaining what it was I felt he was talking about.
As for remembering all the games I play. The answer is no. The games I remember the most are the ones I had fun in. I'm sure as you get older you may understand that
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #334 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote:
farside22 wrote:Sweetie I said it helps hide the cops and allows them to give a results so if they die the town has info.
It does not help hide the cops, though. It helps to expose them.
farside22 wrote:As for remembering all the games I play. The answer is no. The games I remember the most are the ones I had fun in. I'm sure as you get older you may understand that
Now, now. No need to insinuate that I'm too young to know what I'm talking about. I'm quite certain that I'm older than you, and probably by a decade.

But I think that your newly acquired patronizing tone ("Sweetie" and "as you get older you may understand") is another sign that you're scum. I.e. trying to sidestep legitimate accusations by illegitimate means.

Regards,
Jazz
I disagree that it exposes them.
I doubt your older. You really remember every single game you were ever in? Not me. I remember my favorites and that's about it. The rest are a blur. I don't see as not remembering a game I was an alt in is scummy it means it was an unmemorable game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #335 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:05 am

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Jazzmyn wrote:
farside22 wrote:Sweetie I said it helps hide the cops and allows them to give a results so if they die the town has info.
It does not help hide the cops, though. It helps to expose them.
I have to agree with you here. There is a Mafia tailor and no roleblocker, and the tailor probably told the rest of the Mafia his or her target. Therefore, in a hypoclaim situation, somebody claiming a correct result on a player that was tailored that night can be ruled out as a cop, thus narrowing down the pool.
As I said having a tailor alters the idea completely.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #339 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:50 am

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:No it does not. If it does at all, it's only by a trivial amount in favor of scum, who knows who should be showing up as innocent and who should be showing up as guilty. Stop insisting that the town can benefit from hypoclaiming.

Unvote: Lowell
Vote: farside22
I did not say it did. Jesus!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #341 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Conversation:
Lowell: hey lets do a cop claim
zach: lowell that is scummy
scorpion: I agree
kitty: role fishing
farside: I think he (lowell) is talking about hypoclaiming which allows the cops to state their claim without being forced out into the public. It gives the town a clear when/if the cop dies.
zach: don't agree states reason
farside: with the tailor it does bring into effect WIFOM

In other words Jazz most of your case is based on my clarification of what Lowell is proposing. You do realize I was clarifying his proposal and how I see it. I never said lets do this. I showed games that yes it helped mafia narrow down their suspects but doesn't guarantee a mafia success.
With this game the tailor corrupts the investigation (which I didn't think about till a few post later) which would mean hypoclaiming is bad.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #350 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

I will get to the complete 305 post when I'm feeling better I have been sick today.
farside: in post 40, she tries to gloss over Kitty asking Zach what behaviour he finds scummy. Zach was absolutely right not to answer that question whether he's town or scum, because it only helps scum. So, why was farside so eager to get an answer to the question in the face of a reasonable objection to it? And so eager to vote for Zach when he wouldn't answer it? Then she unvoted
Zach when confronted with the obvious answer - i.e. that it only helps scum
looking at the first paragraph you are claiming I am voting for zach for not answering a question but I voted him for voting on kitytmo for poor reasoning. I saw nothing wrong with her post about voting for the first person who did an RVS.
which i said in 14 this was before kittymo question. so all this statement has nothing ti do with my vote on zach
the rest of your comments towards me will have to wait till tomorrow
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #352 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote:
farside22 wrote:In other words Jazz most of your case is based on my clarification of what Lowell is proposing.
No, it isn't. See my post 305 and subsequent posts.

Regards,
Jazz
Just a note I looked over everyting after 305 and it's just us arguing about the hypo claim. If I missed something you feel I didnt' answer please state what it was.
Going over 305 in completion next.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #353 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote: After saying that meta is over-rated and that she doesn't use it, she then does nothing but talk about meta in half of her posts and she uses it to justify her votes. She voted for Nikanor on the basis of MrS's purported meta on Nikanor, but she never looked to see if it was accurate. Later, she voted for MrS purportedly because the meta he presented on Nikanor was not accurate. (Want to bet whether she actually read the links provided? My money says a resounding 'no'.) So, she claims that meta is useless and then relies upon nothing but meta to vote both Nikanor and MrS. This is scummy.
farside22 wrote:Most of the talk is either Kitty and what she did or meta talk. It's hard to get away from meta talk when people are using it as a basis.
My vote on Suave is because he is misrepresenting how Nik act when town vs scum.
I glanced at the games in question that mrsuave brought up. Did I read the games in full. No I never do go that far. I'm a lazy townie look it up in any game.

Then there is her weird question about "what is the best way to get out of RVS?" which is misplaced and entirely useless, but her explanation for it is utterly ridiculous. To me, it looks like she posed the question to give cover to scumbuddies, and to look like she was participating meaningfully in the game while in fact she was not. See her eventual, belated response to yabba's question on this in her post 225. It doesn't even begin to make sense. This, to me, looks like scum scrambling to cover up for a bad move. (As an aside, I also note that she said it was a question from Zach when it was actually a question from yabba - don't know why that is, but just noting it.)
farside22 wrote: There was about 3 or 4 people questioning kittymo on her opening and her reasoning. I wanted to see how other people would suggest getting out of the RVS if kitty's play was so scummy then for example why did no one target scorpion with is self vote. Basically what I wanted to see is what people do in order to trap scum. I see it more often than not.
So no I was actually trying hard to get away from meta talks more then anything. People were either saying kitty was scum for her comment or talking meta.

In 141, she simply regurgitates points that others had already made, again to me it looks like she's just trying to pretend to scumhunt.
In 140 Mr.Suave asked what question. I quoted the question in 141. I don't see your point here.

Then after SC telegraphs in his post 150 that he is going to vote for MrS, farside immediately votes for MrS. Classic scum move - see where someone's vote is likely to go and then go there yourself first so that you're on the wagon earlier and not in a position of having to hammer later on.

Would you like some wine with that cheese? I voted for Suave for his misinterperpation of meta on Nik.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #355 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 am

Post by farside22 »

mod you missed SC's unvote and vote of me in your vote count.

Thank you
StrangerCoug wrote:
I will have a scum list later today

I'll fix the above vote count. Thanks - DTM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #357 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 am

Post by farside22 »

nhammen/ Scott Brosius -
nhammen replaced scott says he is going to read but his first post just seems meh
nhammen wrote:
XScorpion wrote:P.S. Today is the first day I actually read the whole thread. Does anyone want to explain why my insanely anti-town behaviour hasn't warranted a single vote? At most I got a few slaps on the wrists from Yabba and Locke, but really...I mean, if I was anyone else in this game, I would probably be voting myself already out of policy (oh wait, I already did. Lol.) Just pointing out that it seems strange for there to be so much discussion about certain players, yet if I was scum (and wasn't acting like a jackass with my anti-townness) I would breeze through day 1 almost completely unnoticed.
WIFOM!
Zachrulez wrote:Deadline's in 3 days guys, we might want to come to a consensus on a lynch here.

Unvote: Vote: Lowell
Why him, rather than Suave or XScorp?
Zachrulez wrote:You have the same amount of votes.

I picked you because I am more suspicious of you.
Same amount after your vote. And you saying you are more suspicious of him is meaningless if you don't back this up with reasons. Looks like avoiding the question to me.

Scummiest players:
Zach
XScorp
Suave

unvote
vote Zach

I am willing to change to Suave at deadline.
I really (1) don't see how this is a case against zach and (2) why he would vote for suave so easily without cause.
nhammen wrote:BTW a Zach Suave pairing looks likely from ISOing Zach. But that could just be buddying.
I don't understand this statement

nvm it seems it was another player that did this. but was is ISO?
Talks about the nightkill it's really WIFOM - read so for null. I would say the williness to switch to suawve, vote for lowell and then say a no lynch might be best and to analysis the night kill could be a small way from nhamm scum with lowell but he didn't unvote. Overall I don't feel confident either way to say.

KittyMo - first post of the game in order to threaten anyone from RVS. She gets pressure from others about this comment and seems to not come off without clear reasoning on my read. She gets more pressure votes because of her comment here:
KittyMo wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:See, I thought you had a purpose of some convoluted sort. I thought you were operating under the belief that somehow the responses were going to get us somewhere, hence "now what?"
Actually, I was planning to just wing it. (Which I guess is an oxymoron.) It would certainly help if more than 4 people had actually answered the questions.
Since I apparently fail so much, what better plan would you like to grace us with?
kitty wrote:And Lowell - I've been getting bad vibes from him since his first post, and nothing he's said since has eased that.
Vote: Lowell
. Why don't you start playing better now? Why do we have to wait for you to do that tomorrow?
No quote. just taking about his play and not having anything to back it up here.

There is the long post were kitty cross's with scorpion that bothers me.
First her unvote for SC. Not sure what SC said/did or would promt an unvote without a back up vote or something tangible to go on. She has mention in this post of people and their cases but doesn't really touch on them much.

About a week later is a scum list now with some insights. I note that SC is on this list.....makes me question that unvote all over again.
Her vote for lowell is just weak.
So far no comments from today. Leaning neutral to scum

Jazzmyn /jasonT1981 - jason was pretty nonexsist in the game. Jazz takes over and does a read of each player. Outlines reason, comments and causes of her read. Can't say I agree with everything but overall town read.

Locke Lamora - very few post. It's hard to get a read on someone with just 5 post. Suggest a replacement stat!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #372 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:27 am

Post by farside22 »

nhammen wrote:XScorp: Quit that WIFOM. There is no scum reason and there is no town reason for what you are doing. STOP

After rereading, I still find real information hard to come by. But I did see one thing. Farside, why do you insist on commenting more on theory questions than try to find scum. Someone else accused you of this earlier (I don't remember who) and the entire hypocop conversation has been you showing the theory of it, while saying it is a bad idea. What about the person proposing it? Do you have any reads on lowell at all?

I'm too tired right now to post more, but I am back, so yeah.
I'm having a lot of trouble getting into this game with all the meta talk. Plus the fact no one is really talking about much of anything else makes things more difficult. Some games are just like that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #373 (isolation #47) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

XScorpion - reading scorpion in isolation is like reading a person who is all over the place. He goes from baiting to vocal to more baiting.
The problem I have is his complete hypocritcal comment that came from today's post:
scorpion wrote:I'm much more interested in if there were any successful investigations (indicating scum).

To:
scorpion wrote:[quote ="Lowell"]
Any chance we should do some sort of mass copclaim situation? Can we use two cops to our advantage here or what?
Wow obvscum? [/quote]

Sooooo he wants to know if there is a successful investigation but disagree's with lowells hypoclaim calling him obvscum.
And your comment was somehow less scummy?

In short I found only minimumal scum hunting from him, with WIFOM and then trying to an attempt a soft claim from the cops to calling lowell scum for doing almost the same thing.
leaning scum.

Lowell - lowell has been really just too damn quiet this game. He calls out zach in regards to using meta to make a case but i never saw how post 39 was meta. Although there is a clear indication from mrsauve doing the same lowell sticks by his zach vote.
day 2 lowell suggest a hypoclaim that gets turned down in great volumn. He's still voting for zach for what so far I have really little clue.
Lowell has always been hard for me to read. I think the thing that most unsettles me is his day one attacks on zach for the meta talks but letting mrsauve slide a bit before voting for him because zach was more talkative. (huh?)

StrangerCoug - This is an SC I have never seen before that I can recall. He has been very quiet, not building any sort of case, following others cases. He even misreprents his vote for today accusing me of pushing the hypoclaim when all I was doing was defending myself against Jazz.
He changed his mind on kitty with little to no reasoning. unvotes kitty with no reasoning.
Wants to bring up the reason for yabba's death which by now many people who played mafia know leads to nothing but WIFOM.

Lets not forget the flip flop on the hypo claim here
You took me out of context. I concede to saying little to all the arguments against it, but I was against it too, not in favor of it. By "I don't care if we all massclaimed 'I investigated X and got a Y on them'," I meant that I view it as scummy as proposing that the two cops out themselves, which I interpreted Lowell as saying in what I quoted in 291. I wanted a step ahead of Lowell, and I believe he backtracked into saying the hypoclaims were all he wanted.
To this:
I have to agree with you here. There is a Mafia tailor and no roleblocker, and the tailor probably told the rest of the Mafia his or her target. Therefore, in a hypoclaim situation, somebody claiming a correct result on a player that was tailored that night can be ruled out as a cop, thus narrowing down the pool.
To this:
No it does not. If it does at all, it's only by a trivial amount in favor of scum, who knows who should be showing up as innocent and who should be showing up as guilty. Stop insisting that the town can benefit from hypoclaiming.

Which I said the same thing about a tailor a few pages ago before this post and why it wouldn't work there.
Some of my feeling on SC is a bit playing with him but most of this just is poor reasoning with someone I just find isn't reading the game and jumping on BW's to look good. As soon as SC see's pressure on me he not only backs down his stance but flips it and votes on me.
in short = Scum!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #374 (isolation #48) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 am

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave
Nikanor

I put these 2 under the same category as they seem to go back and forth with their argument.
MrSuave calls out nik based on meta and then gives examples. Nik counters those arguments and it turns out that MrSuave misrepresented Nik's meta completely in his comments.
I would like to see more from both of these players and their thoughts on everyone else in the game to reach a real conclusion about them.
I'm leaning Suave scum based on using meta and then misrepresenting that meta in order to make someone more scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #377 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 am

Post by farside22 »

kitty wrote:Looking back on Day 1, farside pretty much chainsaw-defended and buddied me all day, while also talking about meta, even though she said herself it's a topic she doesn't like to get on. And I find it really odd how she could be attacking everyone that attacked me for so long, and now she suddenly thinks I'm really scummy.
Funny you seem to attack me on this now after I show a case on you and why I'm leaning scum.
Also I really dont' know where you say I attacked anyone for attacking you. I question people about their motives, zach, nik and even a bit of SC. I don't see scum typically open themselves up for a verbal unslaught like that and leave themselves open but on reread and later in the game I wonder about your unvote and votes with little to no reasoning.
When I think SC scum and I see that little interaction of your vote and unvote it feels a little fake and light bussing.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #378 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:And 374 was simuled.

I'm even more confused as you seem to indicate you are more suspicious of SC while voting Suave.
unvote:
Vote: Strangecouger

I wanted to finish my read and anaylsis first.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #380 (isolation #51) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:Heh, well now you pretty much voted in direct response to my criticism, but there really isn't any way for you to defend yourself from that, so I'll let it go for now.
You can think what you want on it. But frankly I never vote when I'm in the middle of an analysis on a player till it's complete. I want to make sure I have everything down and look at everything from all sides before laying down a vote.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #382 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Heh, well now you pretty much voted in direct response to my criticism, but there really isn't any way for you to defend yourself from that, so I'll let it go for now.
You can think what you want on it. But frankly I never vote when I'm in the middle of an analysis on a player till it's complete. I want to make sure I have everything down and look at everything from all sides before laying down a vote.
Fair enough.

What are your thoughts on Jazz? I'm curious.
In short. I found her as my town read. She comes in and blazes this game into life, she has clear thoughts in her analysis of players with I find sound reasoning.
I can't say I agree with everything she said but that goes without saying.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #385 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:I don't really like the attacks on Xscorpion.

I'm trying to be careful not to overly excuse his general bad play, but I have a gut town read on him, and I feel pretty strongly about it, as a result I feel uneasy about pretty much any attacks on him.

Lowell I just get the sense you're soft on. Can't really explain it past that, but it's something I generally don't like.

StrangerCoug could use some pressure. I do agree that his play has been questionable.

Your points on Mr Suave are pretty sound, but I can understand why others find the attack suspicious given your stated position on meta.

Also, I have a town read on Jazz which is pretty much based on the reasoning you laid out.

So yeah, kind of a mixed bag here.
Scorpion made that comment which is almost asking for a cop to claim then attacks lowell for the hypoclaim. I just found that incredably hypcrocital.
Lowell is one of those players I would typically say WTF wake up man and scum hunt to. My biggest issue with him was his weak reasoning for voting on you vs MrSuave. I dont' understand his point on that at all.
SC is more then questionable. He endorsed hypoclaim and then seeing me attacked by jazz he jumps on the BW with very weak reason.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #387 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:15 am

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Lowell wrote:Any chance we should do some sort of mass copclaim situation? Can we use two cops to our advantage here or what?
What!? We don't need them outed yet. They can do just fine hidden. I don't care if we all claimed "I investigated X and got a Y on them".
Lowell wrote:You guys are idiots. It's just a suggestion. How bad at this game do you think I am?

vote zach
Once again, what!? This is OMGUS out the wazoo.

Vote: Lowell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #388 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Jazz brought it up in her comments as well and SC backtracked the statement here:
You took me out of context. I concede to saying little to all the arguments against it, but I was against it too, not in favor of it. By "I don't care if we all massclaimed 'I investigated X and got a Y on them'," I meant that I view it as scummy as proposing that the two cops out themselves, which I interpreted Lowell as saying in what I quoted in 291. I wanted a step ahead of Lowell, and I believe he backtracked into saying the hypoclaims were all he wanted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #390 (isolation #56) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:How is he endorsing it? I see him attacking Lowell for suggesting it.

That's what's confusing me.

I see the I don't care if we do the hypoclaim was a bit odd but the second comment where he is more clear saying
I meant that I view it as scummy as proposing that the two cops out themselves, which I interpreted Lowell as saying in what I quoted in 291
I took this to mean two seperate things from his statement here outting the cops bad, hypoclaiming I don't care.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #391 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 am

Post by farside22 »

To:

It's that surrounding feeling where SC touches on it but starts to backtrack further and further on it as people bring up the negatives on it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #396 (isolation #58) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 am

Post by farside22 »

First I was sick it's pretty obvious if you look around even on the mod queue. I didn't even have to come in here and say that if I really wanted to hide/not answer questions.
If you would like me to get my husband on skype to explain in great details my puking I would be happy to get the WIFOM off the table now and not argue about something so pointless
farside wrote:
I'm a lazy townie look it up in any game.

Softclaim is scummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Explaining my positioning and helping people get a read on me is scummy? Since when?
Excuses for why farside isn't interested in the thread:
She's scum and doesn't need to scumhunt
She doesn't like meta talk.
Seriously, if you're going to lie, at least make up a believable excuse.
I just had a long post outlining all players and my thoughts on why they are scum and what I found.
What did you do the last 2 days?
Last edited by farside22 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #401 (isolation #59) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 am

Post by farside22 »

Nikanor wrote:
farside wrote:If you would like me to get my husband on skype to explain in great details my puking I would be happy to get the WIFOM off the table now and not argue about something so pointless
Do itttttttt.
My hubby is home and I'm not. If you want to talk on skype it's FHCHome

have fun. :P
farside wrote:Explaining my positioning and helping people get a read on me is scummy? Since when?
Lawl.
For the sake of completeness, I said nothing about your positioning, etc. I don't care about that. The quote you have there has me calling you scummy for you calling yourself a townie. I don't see how you could get any other sort of conclusion from that, unless by some miracle you don't know what a softclaim is.
My comment you quoted was in answer to a comment Jazz made to me about my lack of reading links.
farside wrote:Nice try I just had a long post outlining all players and my thoughts on why they are scum and what I found.
Yeah, it was in the same post as your excuse. Which makes me wonder why you're making excuses for no reason.
Sick is not an excuse. Talking about this game dragging is but if I'm the only one that feels that way tell me why it's only 13 pages long on day 2 then.
farside wrote:What did you do the last 2 days?
Well, if you must know....
On Monday I woke up at about twelve or one in the afternoon, iirc. I had stayed up until five in the morning the previous night playing Borderlands with a friend, so I needed to sleep in. Anyway, after I woke up, I ate a bowl of Brown Sugar Mini Wheats before jumping in the shower. After my shower, I made sure to apply medicated lotion to my legs, which have been badly afflicted with eczema as of late, probably due to the cold weather. After that was done, I took the bus down to West Edmonton Mall to meet up with DTMaster and a couple other friends for dinner and bowling. We met up at The Bay (except for DTM, who met us at the restaurant), then headed over to the Boston Pizza in the mall. There were four of us there, so we got a plate of yam fries for an appetizer and two medium pizzas. I appointed DTM to make the decision on what to get, but he waffled around for a bit, so I revoked his privileges. We ended up ordering one Spicy Perogy pizza and one pizza with half BBQ chicken, half Bacon Double Cheeseburger. DTM and I ended up eating the most. One of us had eight slices, one of us ate seven slices, but we never figured out who ate more. The girl sitting beside me ate three slices, and my friend sitting across from me was feeling ill and not hungry, so he ate zero slices. At this point, I realise I should start a new paragraph, but I won't, if only to make this a more monotonous read. After dinner, we went to Ed's rec room (formerly Red's rec room) to go bowling. However, as is always the case when I try to bowl there, we couldn't get in thanks to a league they were hosting. So we just ended up shooting some pool instead. The girl and I were on a team against DTM and the other guy (no, not Korts). DTM and the girl had never played before, while the other guy and I were fairly experienced, so it was kind of even. I sucked, as usual, and sunk only two or three balls the entire time. My teammate killed us all with her talent, and although we lost the first game due to her sinking the eight ball, she carried our team to victory in the second match. After the two games of pool, we went to catch our respective buses home. I took the same bus as DTM and the guy, but they fell asleep for most of the trip. After the bus ride, I went home and played some video games before going to sleep.
On Tuesday, I woke up at roughly nine in the morning, ready for my first day of school. It was rather uneventful, as I only had three hours of class, but after class I went to see a movie with the same girl I mentioned earlier (Sorry for lying to you DTM, please don't modkill me!) After the movie, I went home and played Super Mario Bros. for the Wii with my family. I pissed everyone off, being the only one experienced with platformers, and being the only one jumping on everyone else's heads. I ate some Rice Crispie squares baked by my sister, and they were delicious. Then I went to sleep.

tl;dr: Sarcastic remark.
You talk about me having excuses

IE: saracasm noted and giving you a taste back.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #407 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Nikanor wrote:
farside wrote:My comment you quoted was in answer to a comment Jazz made to me about my lack of reading links.
Yes, and you softclaimed in your response.
farside wrote:I'm a lazy
LOOK HERE --->
townie
<--- LOOK HERE
look it up in any game.
Right there. Do you see it now? I know it can be hard for you to notice a softclaim, seeing as how you're a new player and all, but please try your best.
It's a statement of fact. Nothing more, nothing less.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #409 (isolation #61) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote:
farside22 wrote:It's a statement of fact. Nothing more, nothing less.
No, it's certainly a soft claim. As for whether it's factual or not, well, I've played with you in a few games and you've not been "lazy" as a townie in any of them.

More tomorrow ... it took me too long to catch up in my other two games and I'm tired.

Regards,
Jazz
I never read full games people use as meta. Or link to for other games. If it's a link to a post I obviously read those.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #415 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:farside22 is a good bet to be making for scum here, guys. Go after her.
Not at all. Still see your vote as opportunist, along with not actually reading the game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #418 (isolation #63) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:farside22 is a good bet to be making for scum here, guys. Go after her.
Maybe, I still prefer to see Lowell or Nhammen lynched, in that order.
The only thing I can see with lowell is an interaction I pointed to before with his vote on you vs Mr.Suave
Doesn't makes sense.
Nhammen is just as quiet as the rest, hasn't offered much and I see little to no interaction with him to others.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #420 (isolation #64) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 am

Post by farside22 »

My vote is opportunist? *scoffs* You have been supporting the hypocliam idea long after it was supposed to have been beaten down and explained to death why it favors scum. As for your other point, you're reading the game even less than I am; if you weren't, you would have attacked me over the "I don't care about hypoclaiming" statement close to when Jazzmyn did, not after she stopped doing so.
No I was arguing with Jazz about my position at the time of the quotes and why I changed my mind before you voted. But please do try and use quotes where when you voted I was saying those exact words.....Remember when you voted not when I said it the first time in regards to lowell's comment.
I later again before your vote conceded that having the tailor corrupts the investigation results making it harder for the town. I conceded in my post and used examples when I was scum how it helped narrow down the PR claims but did not garentee a scum easily finding the PR in question.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #427 (isolation #65) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

I didn't lie I remember the game and thought mafia lost. If I was going to lie so blatantly about a game why would I provide links.
I actually thought the mafia won it was my own forgetfulness and not looking at the game to confirm my thoughts that is my bad
Well? Why were you so eager to get an answer to a question that could help scum, in the face of a reasonable objection to it?
I never was eager for zach to answer the question. Where are you getting that I was? I didn't care if he answered the question or not.
There's a lot of defending/buddying going on between farside and Kitty throughout day 1, in my view (from farside's very first post, in fact).
Why didn't you address this?
I didn't see it
What can I say. I thought kitty's day 1 post wasn't scummy and people going after her for her 1st post were just being rediculous
Quote:
There is no scumhunting and no analysis, and that is just not the town-farside to whom I have grown accustomed.

Why didn't you address this?

Didn't see it and to answer the question. Again this game is all meta based and it hard to get around that.
Jazz wrote:
In 141, she simply regurgitates points that others had already made, again to me it looks like she's just trying to pretend to scumhunt.
farside wrote:
In 140 Mr.Suave asked what question. I quoted the question in 141. I don't see your point here.

Are you not even reading? Try again. In 140, you quoted a previous question to MrSuave. In 141, you were simply regurgitating things that others had said
I didn't see it that way.
Wait, what? You were defending/buddying KittyMo all of Day 1, and didn't you specifically say that there was nothing wrong with KittyMo's opening post? (I didn't think there was anything wrong with her first post either, ftr) But after I called you out for defending/buddying her, suddenly you see her entry post as 'threatening'? And now you're "leaning neutral to scum" on her? Holy 180, Batman. It sure looks like you were buddying up to her on Day 1 and have now decided to drop the act.
It was a threat but it wasn't something in a bad way. It was putting people on notice. Again I saw nothing of that first post wrong and that was many people voted for her during that time page 1 was about.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #429 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

A vote count would be nice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #430 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm at L-1. Time to claim

farside22 (5) - Jazzmyn, Nik, Zachrulez, kittyMo, xscorpion

I'm a cop. I checked lowell last night after all the hoopla and got an innocent. I was trying to not say he was town without tipping my hand
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #439 (isolation #68) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

XScorpion wrote:I'm definitely not buying this. Why would you scan Lowell instead of your main target yesterday, Mr. Suave?
lowell is hard to read for me. I chose to go with my uncertainty over the meta argument.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #443 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:Farsiiiiiiide.
Zachrulez wrote:So you believe your result Farside?
Answer the question please.
it's a lot of WIFOM with the tailor. I have to think what are the odds of scum targeting the same person I targeted. There was 2 clear front runners for day 1 lynch. If scum wanted to pick between 2 it's possible the picked the same person I targeted for investigation.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #448 (isolation #70) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:Heh, now you're thinking.
farside22 wrote:I'm at L-1. Time to claim

farside22 (5) - Jazzmyn, Nik, Zachrulez, kittyMo, xscorpion

I'm a cop. I checked lowell last night after all the hoopla and got an innocent. I was trying to not say he was town without tipping my hand
Problem is the claim post indicates that you feel that Lowell is likely town.

Bigger problem is this post.
farside22 wrote:

vote zach
I missed the OMGUS vote.

FOS: Lowell

Starting to think you are acting out because your idea got shot down by zach and scorpion.
Yeah...
And that is where I start thinking about the WIFOM possiblity of the tailor.
I ask myself a thousand times over and over did scum target the same person I targeted.
I second guess myself many times over and I still don't know.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #451 (isolation #71) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:I also don't like the fact that the claim came unrequested.
I'm at L-1 when should I claim. Afterward? Or should I wait for someone to hammer me first unclaimed?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #453 (isolation #72) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote:I find your claim
extremely
difficult to believe, farside.

Your play in this game has been very scummy, in multiple ways as previously set out. I cannot fathom how you could be a cop and support the anti-town hypoclaim idea as you did. Further, if you were a cop with an innocent on Lowell, your FOSing him early on Day 2 is out of place.

I don't buy it.

Regards,
Jazz
Why do you think I thought about hypoclaiming. I was hoping not to have to claim and not be forced out like this.
Also again as I said with the tailor in the game and based on Lowell's play I keep second guessing myself about the results.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #455 (isolation #73) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

KittyMo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
I'm at L-1 when should I claim. Afterward? Or should I wait for someone to hammer me first unclaimed?
Generally people claim when someone expresses interest in hammering or someone asks them to claim.
I thought for a moment that scorpion did hammer before I checked the vote count. I thought for a moment someone hammered without asking for a claim.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #458 (isolation #74) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

KittyMo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Generally people claim when someone expresses interest in hammering or someone asks them to claim.
I thought for a moment that scorpion did hammer before I checked the vote count. I thought for a moment someone hammered without asking for a claim.
...and that's when you make big glittery text that says "PLEASE ASK FOR A CLAIM BEFORE YOU HAMMER."

Lowell, where'd you go?
Last game I was at l-1 and I claimed unneeded, that game just ended. Didn't think about it there, didn't think about it here.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #466 (isolation #75) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:12 am

Post by farside22 »

nhammen wrote:I can believe everything about farside's play as Cop except for possibly his choice of targets. Then again, I have only once not believed a Cop claim, and that one time was because he claimed a neutral result, so...

Farside, is there a recent game you played as Cop that we could look at to compare? Did you breadcrumb anywhere? Do you usually breadcrumb as power-roles, or usually not? Could you show us examples of these too?
It's been awhile since I was a cop. I can't remember the last game I was cop.

I already explained jazz all my reasoning. Being a cop it's better to be low key and hope to survivor to get info. I wasn't going to be outspoken too much as I get killed more often looking pro-town then not.
Again I see hypoclaiming as a pro but the tailor means it's possible that the investigation is corrupt.
Zach pointed to a game I was in, which I was town, and supported hypoclaiming. I don't see why you think this is a scum move.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #489 (isolation #76) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:34 am

Post by farside22 »

DTMaster seems to be missing.
I'm going to take over this game since I am dead.
Please send me a PM with your role.

farside22 - mafia goon - lynched day 2

Night actions are due 3 days from this post
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #490 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:35 am

Post by farside22 »

locke has not posted anywhere since the 23. I will be searching for a replacement.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #886 (isolation #78) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

I hate being mafia. I really do and this was hard because I thought I could handle the pressure but it's my own fault for not reading everything more carefully.
Jazz I love you as town but never want to be against you again.
Game wise I think giving the scum a group tailor ability is better instead of one player as tailor. I don't think the tailor ability did anything but a group ability would be best with this set up.

Return to “Completed Open Games”