Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Bogre »

/confirm

I agree that this pregame essentially extends how much time we have before deadline, and thus it'll be beneficial to getting the game rolling before then.

vote: Manho

For being a manharlot and edging in on my manwhore territory, you mancourtesan.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Bogre »

Ellibereth wrote:The mechanics for this is not a normal game though.
We first place an "insurance lynch" on CSL on the immediate start of D1. This way, assuming we're unable to reach a consensus of lynching a player we deem more likely to be scum, the policy lynch for CSL can comfortably go through with no deadline rush etc. Especially since each day is essentially 7 days.
If we find someone more likely to scum, we can just switch our votes over.
I don't see what's anti-town about this strategy at all.
The problem with this is that it will probably bog the actual lynch discussion down, with people staying on for policy, rather than contributing to an actual worthwhile bandwagon. The problem is not everyone will switch their votes over as simply as you state.

Secondly, having a policy lynch as a competing bandwagon is worse than having a stagnant second bandwagon, because its not based on scumminess or substance but on a meta read of the person. It in effect takes up the place a second wagon on a second scummy player could take. Plus, you'd get very little reads from the people joining it/leaving it.

As I've said before to this question, I don't think that policy lynches should occur.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by Bogre »

Ellibereth wrote:The mechanics for this is not a normal game though.
We first place an "insurance lynch" on CSL on the immediate start of D1. This way, assuming we're unable to reach a consensus of lynching a player we deem more likely to be scum, the policy lynch for CSL can comfortably go through with no deadline rush etc. Especially since each day is essentially 7 days.
If we find someone more likely to scum, we can just switch our votes over.
I don't see what's anti-town about this strategy at all.
The problem with this is that it will probably bog the actual lynch discussion down, with people staying on for policy, rather than contributing to an actual worthwhile bandwagon. The problem is not everyone will switch their votes over as simply as you state.

Secondly, having a policy lynch as a competing bandwagon is worse than having a stagnant second bandwagon, because its not based on scumminess or substance but on a meta read of the person. It in effect takes up the place a second wagon on a second scummy player could take. Plus, you'd get very little reads from the people joining it/leaving it.

As I've said before to this question, I don't think that policy lynches should occur.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by Bogre »

Ellibereth wrote:If/When he starts playing anti-town, are you guys planning to meta-excuse him?
I'll agree to not policy lynch him if we all agree to throw meta out the window for this game, at such a fast pace any anti-town play-style should be unacceptable.
Meta =/= policy lynching. Meta-ing might be useful if you think a player is playing with a substantially different feel than you've experienced before. Policy lynching relies on past events to dictate present actions, and thus doesn't take into account (or precludes) what happens now. Meta relies on previous events to mesh or diverge from past events, and thus requires present action to make a judgement from.

If he plays anti-town, then he'll be lynched. It shouldn't be -expected- that he'll play anti-town, and lynch him before he does it. <--- The main problem of policy lynching.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by Bogre »

TonyMontana wrote:
vote:deathrowkitty

for pretending there was reasoning behind his vaya vote.
I don't think he was pretending, I think he is just continueing in his attempt to 'get something to happen' as he stated in pre-day.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Bogre »

malpascp wrote:I think DRK play seems like desperatly find something to lynch someone. This is scum thing to me. Specially in a game like this, people who play like DRK have to be lynched.

Vote: DRK

Im not asking for a claim or explanaitions. I want an hammer.
Wow. What to you looks desperate?

You are really overreacting to him, which is really strange. What about this game means people like DRK have to be lynched? You are doing the -exact- same thing you are accusing him of, wanting a lynch for little reason.

VOTE: Malcasp
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Bogre »

don_johnson wrote:
bigmac wrote:DRK does seem to support the policy of lynching someone as quickly as possible, which is scummy even with the time limit. That being said, I do think we've had adequate discussion today to decide on a lynch.
so... you can think there's been enough discussion, but drk cannot? this just doesn't flow. i agree that drk is most likely scum, but not because he is trying to lynch people.
I think bigmc means DRK has been trying to get a quicklynch. Wouldn't stop him from thinking that there is enough discussion to go on at the moment, but I dislike that it is a fence-sitting post that says 'Hey guys, I'm okay with a lynch now, but uh, we could discuss some things too."

As for Malcasp- he was really reactionary against DRK, at the same time suggesting to essentially policy lynch DRK without any explanation- in that doing exactly what he was accusing DRK of, setting up lynches.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”