Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am

Post by charlatan »

Oh, and
Vote: Messiah

That's L-1, so now's a good time to claim.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

If it's a vanilla claim, can I do the honors please?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Hoopla »

charlatan wrote:
Hoopla wrote: My thoughts on this was based on his reaction to wagon - and the way hiphop reacted too. A part of it was also that I doubted that the two players central to the gambit could be scum. Confirmation bias then kicked in, which is something I've been trying to fix in my town game.
I expected somewhat more, since you were so hesitant to expound upon your read (three sentences doesn't seem that time consuming.) But it's sound logic and not really a concern for me; I agree that Messiah is the right lynch and think we're ready to put this one away.
I could have gone into more thorough detail - but it would have been mostly from those topics. I was feeling lazy.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by charlatan »

Hoopla wrote: I could have gone into more thorough detail - but it would have been mostly from those topics. I was feeling lazy.
That's about what I assumed.
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Messiah »

I'm vanilla, hammer away.
It's times like this..
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Messiah wrote:I'm vanilla, hammer away.
LOL. Have a nice day.

Vote: Messiah.

GO HAMMAR GO.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:42 am

Post by Hoopla »

Have we won?
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Messiah »

No, I'm town.
It's times like this..
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hmm, well I have no reason to believe you'd be lying now. For me, it narrows it to charlatan/Almaster - I'm kind of surprised how convinced I was it was you.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Messiah »

FWIW, I agree with your reasoning behind not suspecting Peabody and I still think Almaster is the remaining scum.
It's times like this..
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Hoopla »

Messiah wrote:FWIW, I agree with your reasoning behind not suspecting Peabody and I still think Almaster is the remaining scum.
Sorry for killing you. Do you have any other thoughts you want to leave with us?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Hoopla »

doc tor
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:13 am

Post by lobstermania »

Day Five Vote Count #2
- as of post 936

Messiah (4):
milkshake, Peabody, charlatan, AlmasterGM

Not Voting (2):
Hoopla, Messiah

The day progressed with more fore-thought and planning than the ones before. But with everyone claiming to be innocent it came down to statistics. They looked around each other and all eyes fell on Messiah....

Messiah -
Town
has been lynched.

It is now Night Five. If you have a night action, please PM it to me by Tuesday, December 15th by 8:00am (PST).

lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:21 am

Post by lobstermania »

AlmasterGM and milkshake wake up on Day Six to a blood curdling scream. They race down the cramped halls to find Peabody and charlatan hacking away at Hoopla's limb-less, messy corpse. charlatan looks up in time to see AlmasterGM run back around the corner. Immediately, Peabody and charlatan track down the remaining two astronauts and destroy them in graphic (very graphic) ways.

Hoopla -
Doctor
has been sliced, diced, and re-sliced. And then re-diced.
milkshake -
Town
has been stuffed and deep fried
AlmasterGM -
Town
has been strung up like Christmas lights.

Peabody, charlatan -
MAFIA
live in blood-soaked peace on the space station, among the bodies of their former co-workers, until they run out of food and starve to death.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:46 am

Post by lobstermania »

Also, let me please say that I really appreciate everyone for sticking it out and finishing this game. Moderating was far more complicated than I initially expected, and there were a few times I considered abandoning the game (and a few times I'm surprised everyone else didn't).

I would love your candid (but politely worded) comments and feedback, either in thread or by PM.

As promised, here is the link to the Mafia's QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/KM3yHSTyvfX

And here are the Night Actions
:

Night One: Hoopla protects milkshake, charlatan kills milkshake - NO KILL
Night Two: Hoopla protects milkshake, Peabody kills Sposh
Night Three: Hoopla protects milkshake, Peabody kills Empking
Night Four: Hoopla protects milkshake, Peabody kills milkshake - NO KILL
Night Five: Hoopla protects Peabody, Peabody kills Hoopla
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:15 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I TOLD YOU PEABODY WAS SCUM.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am

Post by charlatan »

For my part, I enjoyed the game a lot, though anyone who reads the entire quicktopic will note that I did get frustrated. I do not blame you for the setup issues, Lobster. Having a little flavor in this game, while maybe against conventions, seems relatively harmless to me even now, and whoever asked you to change the role PMs should probably have been able to assume that someone would bring that old flavor into the game either way. I am disappointed that it became about who was confirmed and who was not and various other setup speculative issues rather than scumhunting, but given the circumstances I suppose it is hard to pin the blame anywhere. Like I said, I still had a good time.

I was frustrated because we were looking at a situation where the town had three confirmed townies when there probably should not have been any, and I also didn't think we'd be able to get Looker lynched for similar reasons (I think I would not have voted for her as a townie, though she did not help herself in that regard.) We did not feel that we had the luxury of trying to hunt down the doctor or we would endgame with too many confirmed and simply be picked out by process of elimination (which almost happened.) Though I appreciated the attempt at rebalancing by offing Howard, that stung, too. This was my first game as scum, and I wanted to win, but I didn't want the town to have to be hurt to do it.

Our quicktopic will probably say more than I can here. Hoopla essentially scared the shit out of me from Day 1, and my attempts to hunt power roles were failures throughout the game. Peabody gave me the benefit of the doubt each time, so that's rather embarassing. Empking gets mislynched a lot, but the guy's vote is very often where it needs to be, so he had me worried when he got confirmed. Almaster made me actually laugh out loud at multiple points. I had personally hoped to endgame with Messiah and Milkshake and try to bank on Milkshake's long-standing suspicion of Messiah, though in the end the assumption that there were only two scum ended up being instrumental to the win instead. I thought maybe we could use the fact that we had both bussed hiphop Day 1 to pin the same charge on Hoopla at the end, but that was shakey at best.

I'm happy to have played with everyone. I hadn't played with any of you before, but I've read games featuring a few of you, so I was happy about that. I hope to see you out there again.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Peabody »

This game was difficult. Our tactic, it wasn't really preconcieved but it worked out, was to bus on D1. After hiphop was dead, however, charlatan and I stayed together in voting and basically everything, and it worked out really well.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by charlatan »

Yeah, I was frankly surprised that we weren't really called out on that, and I did not plan that myself. I don't think I would have found Peabody very suspicious as a townie, so I thought attempting overly hard to distance myself from him would probably appear artificial.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Moderation

Concerning balance: 3 goons versus 8 townies and 1 doc is not balanced.

Concerning flavor: Small flavor text is permitted in a Normal game, but should never lead to the situation we found ourselves in (thus the rules). The best way to handle the role PM change situation would have been to post the townie one in the thread.

Concerning the mod kill: I understand why it was done. I'm not certain as to how it would best be handled, but perhaps letting the lynch play out would have been cleaner.

Overall: You did well, lobstermania. You made hard decisions. You posted accurate and timely vote counts. You kept the game going. Lessons learned, head held high, get 'em next time . . .

My Play

Yeah . . . sorry guys. I hard charlatan as a town read all the way. I was willing to switch to Peabody at one point, but was distracted by others. I'll take the scolding for this one.
{insert your criticisms here}

Why did you make that last "doc tor" post, Hoopla?
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by charlatan »

I just want to echo what Howard said a little, lobster -- that was not an easy situation for a first time mod, and you made the calls you saw fit instead of abandoning it or just ignoring everything and pretending it wasn't screwed up. That's certainly a good thing, IMHO.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

charlatan wrote:Almaster made me actually laugh out loud at multiple points.
lol, where? Glad I could be of comedic value.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by charlatan »

AlmasterGM wrote:
charlatan wrote:Almaster made me actually laugh out loud at multiple points.
lol, where? Glad I could be of comedic value.
I enjoy GO HAMMAR GO and the sarcastic comments about "plain old vanilla ice cream".
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:Bussing seems to be the scumtell of the month. Why do people not look at those NOT on the wagon after a scum lynch?
Quote of the game. If the town had not followed this, town would have won.

With this being my first game as scum, I knew based on my lynch, survival ratio (only managed to live through one complete game) that I had to bus and bus hard. This way if either peabody or I were lynched the other would most likely survive.

Live and learn I guess.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Peabody »

Yeah, sorry for bussing you hiphop, but I felt it was very natural to bus you.

Good games all!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”