Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Symbol »

There really was no reason at all to consider him town ...
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:32 am

Post by tubby216 »

Symbol wrote:There really was no reason at all to consider him town ...
no i refuse to allow you to pin this on me
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:38 am

Post by HowardRoark »

The town knew that today could bring them one step closer to victory . . . or allow the mafia to overtake the town . . . or to choose to not hang anyone in order to guarantee themselves one more day. The debate didn't last very long. Certain that tubby216's death would bring them one step closer to ridding the peaceful townsfolk of this bane, tubby216 was hung by the rope in the town's central well.

tubby216, Vanilla Townie, hung D3

D3 Final Vote Count

tubby216 (4) -- EriktheRed, Torqez, Symbol, iamausername

~No Lynch~ (2) -- MacavityLock, tubby216

After the splash is heard, Torqez begins to beat EriktheRed with a pipe wrench as iamausername swings a baseball bat at Symbol's head. MacavityLock, hearing the ruckus, turns and falls to his knees at the sight. The two friends turn to MacavityLock in order to finish the job. Death comes relatively swiftly, and the living "gentlemen" walk into the sunset . . . satisfied with their victory along with their fallen mafioso.

EriktheRed, Vanilla Townie, endgamed
Symbol, Vanilla Townie, endgamed
MacavityLock, vanilla townie, endgamed

Congratulations to the Mafia team!

Torqez, Mafia Role Cop, Survived
iamausername, Mafia Goon, Survived
(Posthumously: Hoopla)

Night Choices

N1:
xRECKONERx protects Symbol (no effect)
Torqez investigates Symbol (townie)
MrSuave shoots Hoopla (success)
Hoopla shoots don_johnson (success)

N2:
xRECKONERx protects Symbol (no effect)
Torqez investigates MacavityLock (townie)
MrSuave shoots xRECKONERx (success)
Torqez shoots MrSuave (success)

I would greatly appreciate all players civilly commenting on the game. Please include constructive feedback as to my performance as this is my first moderated game on this site. It is the scum team's choice to either share or withhold the QT link. Thank you.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Yup, tubby's blacklisted. I can't for the life of me see how he played pro-town.

I will admit to one real anti-town mistake I made. I should have waited for Erik and Torq to check in and post on Day 3 before voting No Lynch, just in case they had some info to drop. Other than that, I absolutely think that No Lynch was the right way to go Day 3, and that other than letting everybody pop in and say hello, nothing should have been said, no cases, nothing. Though there really wasn't any way this game wasn't going to include a tubby lynch. Overall, very bad scumdar by me.

Bleh. Really solid play by the scum. Good job, guys.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Nuwen »

Tubby, how does it feel to have your non-contribution and belligerent "my playstyle is UNIQUE" attitude almost single-handedly lose a game?

What a mess. Sorry I disappeared, but honestly, I saw this game was going to continue in the same direction and it hurt my soul to read it. This site needs to begin policy lynching with the same frequency it used to.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Good game, scum.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Oh, Howard, your modding was admirably solid.

I'm a bit pissed off at just how wrong I was in this game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

lol, iaun and hoopla were both obv. nice job torqez, didn't see that one coming.
green shirt thursdays
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by crypto »

Horrible play by me. Funny, I thought both Toro and IAUN were scummy at first, but IAUN completely fooled me. Torqez did well too. The town self-destructed here. Horrible.

And yes, I may have failed, tubby, but you played awfully, you were completely useless, and you obviously did your best to appear shitty.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Nuwen wrote:Tubby, how does it feel to have your non-contribution and belligerent "my playstyle is UNIQUE" attitude almost single-handedly lose a game?

What a mess. Sorry I disappeared, but honestly, I saw this game was going to continue in the same direction and it hurt my soul to read it. This site needs to begin policy lynching with the same frequency it used to.
fuck off you self pretentious hack. try finishing a game before passing judgement. you can go die in a fire.

BTW poor town play all the way around lost the game. but it is a game there will be other
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by crypto »

Nuwen isn't half as pretentious as you are lazy, artsy, useless, and an all-around saboteur for your team.

Now me,
I'm
pretentious, but that doesn't absolve you of any of your transgressions here.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by tubby216 »

indeed it does

i did nothing out of my normal play
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Nuwen »

The best thing you can do for yourself and the poor saps you'll play with in the future is to admit fault and fix it. The "fuck off, you did stuff wrong too!" attitude is exactly what is deteriorating the meta of mafiascum. I can't figure out what it's a symptom of, but policy lynching seems like the right cure. You haven't yet asked "what can I do to improve?" If your "normal play" infuriates your peers and is ineffective, you
should
have a natural desire to change.

Torqez played the strongest scum game, I think. He avoided Iam altogether in favor of letting the town self-destruct, and he/his role slot didn't have much interaction with Hoopla either. Because of the start/stop nature of Day 1 and Day 2's speed lynch, those gaps in communication weren't as obvious as they should have been.

Power to Suave for hitting scum, but I feel like he shot Hoopla with her being no more likely to be scum than random. See above trend about lack of policy lynches resulting in more scum leeway. Soon, the optimal scum play will be to post lolcats and not comment on the game at all.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Oh, and thanks for modding Howard~
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by crypto »

tubby216 wrote:indeed it does

i did nothing out of my normal play
Are you ... that stupid? That is a point AGAINST you, not in your favor. Admitting that you play horribly all the time does not redeem your horrible play.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Let us please keep things civil.

Having said that, I'm not playing with Tubby no more. It's either replacing out or policy-lynching from here on.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Nuwen »

to pull out one of my favorite scumchat quotes,

12:24:18 PM Mercuriala: The best thing you can do for yourself as a player is be discontent with your current level of play.
12:24:32 PM Mercuriala: Being happy with yourself is just another example of why you're terrible.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by tubby216 »

agian nuwen try finishing 1 fuckin game ever, that is all
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Looker »

I feel so foolish; I was actually determined that Mr. Suave was Mafia. :facepalm:
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by MrSuave »

sorry about shooting the doc. But why didn't you say anything about my vote on you REC? I kind of made it obvious who I was gonna target =/
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Nuwen, I'm kind of upset with the frequency you replace out of games, just because you're bored. I suggest considering your commitment a bit seriously before you jump into games. You're quick to berate tubby for deteriorating site meta, but you do nothing at all to try and fix it. If anything, replacing out of games is more damaging than a town joker.

I'm still not thrilled with tubby's play though - I find it hilarious that MrSuave shot Reck over tubby on Night 2. Like Nuwen said, policy lynches need to be resorted to a little more frequently. In fact my play was really bad, almost deliberately bad, but I thought I could get away with it. Well done to MrSuave for shooting me.

I'm well impressed with how my scumteam played on day 1, which made me feel better about dying, because I doubted they were going to get strung up through interactions from me. Good work guys. This is the scum QT for anyone curious.

Howard, I thought your modding was professional and energetic - it's obvious you were interested in your game and ensuring it was run well. I don't have any complaints - I'd be happy to play in one of your games in the future.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Hoopla wrote:Nuwen, I'm kind of upset with the frequency you replace out of games, just because you're bored. I suggest considering your commitment a bit seriously before you jump into games. You're quick to berate tubby for deteriorating site meta, but you do nothing at all to try and fix it. If anything, replacing out of games is more damaging than a town joker.
I'm upset with the frequency I replace out of games too. But it's fairer to my team to replace out rather than become a liability; I replace out because I'm uninterested, when a game is a dumb trainwreck, or when a game ceases to be a game and becomes a chore. I'm not a fun person to be around when I'm irate or resent having to post. My solution has been to play less mafia. I predict I'll phase out from the site within ~3 months, but I'm not completely disillusioned yet.

A large part of the problem is that the average player in my recent games is neither as good nor as fun to play with as the average player was ~9-12 months ago. I've tried to come up with a singular theory about the rapid decline, but it's difficult to measure unquantifiable qualities like "fun" and "good player."
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Looker wrote:I feel so foolish; I was actually determined that Mr. Suave was Mafia. :facepalm:
I'd really like to know what you were thinking... two scum groups (with a missing kill?)? Suave as an SK? In either case, going after the guy who shot the first scum of the game was a bad, bad idea. Even if scum had gotten Suave into the endgame and perpetuated some SK paranoia, his
confirmed ability
is more useful to the town alive than dead. If you really thought he was an SK and not a vig, the correct play was to request that he shoot himself.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I hope you rekindle your interest in mafia some time in the future Nuwen - I'll be sad to see you go. *pats head*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”