Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Torqez »

Heyas! Busy atm, but will read up soonish.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Torqez »

OMG....wow...okay....now I realise the significance of:
Nuwen wrote: Your singular catchup post. Yes. Hi.

lol, from here on in, I am going to put in a plea. I humbly request you to disregard all what Zazier said -_- ...lest his
interesting
(for lack of a better word), be used to judge me :o

But anyway....that aside... the thing I want to comment on most is Hoopla's proposal of randomly lynching anybody.

I somewhat agree with this, but largely not. I am currently playing another game where I make a similar suggestion for Day 1 - but with a
KEY
difference. As opposed to randomly lynching someone, I argue to put someone at L-1 who I feel a suspect as scum. This way (just like Hoopla said) it pressures ppl to change votes, defend, or just argue their PoV earlier or with pressure. I have no qualms about lynching someone I suspect for gaining more information going into Day 2. Howeveve, like I said - this is for someone with scummy behaviour or just appears to be scummy (gut feeling even).

Reason for this, is that I find often, on Day 1, people can take pretty much anybody and drill down so much into 1 (or couple/few/several) things that can be used to justify lynch votes - and probably largely incorrectly. So I don't think it matters 'that' much. But I do like to see who changes votes and when - and think this information is vital.

That being said, I think just 'randomly' voting for anybody doesn't serve the same purpose. And suggestion of the idea, could even be made to draw attention away from our current lines of thinking....

RE: Everything Else.
For me, right now, I have somewhat of an overview of everyone (but reading through 17 pages wasn't easy). I think I still want a re-read before delving too deeply into who else I find scummy.

BUT since I disregard Zaizer, and would like to make my own contribution to the game, for now, I'm voting this way for the reasons above.

Vote: Hoopla
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Torqez »

Mod: Oh and erm...as mentioned somewhere (can't find the reference just atm again), I don't think Zaizer was voting for himself?

But incase is the procedure, to unvote:

Unvote, Vote: Hoopla
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Torqez »

Symbol wrote:Nuwen, why are you policy-voting for Zazie's replacement (who, upon preview edit, seems to have posted)?
I believe the policy vote was for Zaz, before I got replaced?.. Posted Here
Nuwen wrote:That scumlist is meaningless after a page and a half of disjointed questions, plus "notes" and "not likes." Congratulations, Zaz, you've wasted pieces of both your life and mine.

Why, for example, am I leaning town if I'm pushing cases on both of your most town players? Do you think our interactions look like town vs. town? If so, why?
That's
useful information. Your stupid vague spam reveals nothing, aside from your inability to string more than one post together into a cogent analysis.

In fact...

Vote: ZazieR

This is a policy vote (one of my first on the site, I think). I am calling for Zaz's lynch for the salvation of this site's meta. That replace-in behavior needs to be purged from with fire. I never want to see it again.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Torqez »

It won't be coming just yet. Rather than just reading and posting my opinions (besides what I have already), I personally much like to interact with people to confirm/negate anything I am feeling.

Right now a lot of the back and forthness could still be much ado about nothing, imo.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Torqez »

Nuwen wrote:Make the case. No more stupid
feeling
cases in this thread, please. Doesn't anyone else realize that accepting gut reads sets a precedent that allows scum to push cases on nothing? "Something
just felt off
, let's lynch him!"

As I said earlier, "gut" doesn't fly past a few pages into the game. Have you read Shanba's scumhunting thread?. Adel describes my attitude towards gut reads perfectly: if your read is based on tone or intuition, it's no better than random. If you can recall specific facts and instances that contribute to your gut read, I'm more likely to believe that you're semi-consciously reacting to tells.
Ok...so isn't it contradictory that you tell people to make a case...yet you have nothing? Rather you're not even voting for anybody. What is your case, with "specific facts and instances"? Being new to the game - I'd very much like to know.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Torqez »

That post seems to sum it up well for me. I'm still not entirely convinced and I'd think Nuwen you have some explaining to do to clarify the situation for at least me. I don't really understand the reasoning behind your last post about 'gut feelings'. How can you lynch someone on D1 without a feeling or some sort of inkling that they act scummy?

Anyway, for now I'm gonna change my vote. Nuwen, please try to clear it up for me.

Unvote, Vote: Nuwen

and I still FoS Hoopla - but in irony these votes may end up all random in any case :/
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Torqez »

julienvonwolfe wrote: And even here, you express the sentiment that your vote is dependent on Nuwen's 'clearing it up'.

You seem a bit nervous about where to put your vote. Would you agree with this?
Ya ofcourse. Because I'm not sure of who exactly scum is. Especially since I replaced into the game, it's hard to fully judge people based on no interraction. Example, this is the first dialogue i'm having with you even. Hence I vote for who I think is suspicious.

How about yourself? Are you not nervous about your vote? Why the vote for suave in your eyes? How sure are you? How sure can you get D1?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Torqez »

Symbol wrote:Huh.
JVW wrote:I'm perfectly happy voting for Suave since he's lurking and has made no pro-town contribution. Perfectly valid reasons to vote somebody - and the clincher is that the last time he played like this, he was scum. So yeah, I'm happy with my vote.
Does this ring scummy to anyone else?
Sorta yea. But then again, we have 5 people on Suave, so I'd have to assume that all of them would have to be 'happy with their vote' for some reason or the other.

Can someone please explain the case against Suave?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by Torqez »

Macavity, that does sound reasonable to me. I'd like to hear from JVW regarding the whole Suave thing - im not in the least bit convinced.

Unvote. Vote: JVW

But I still have
FoS:
Hoopla, Nuwen

Also, @ tubby ...that last post of yours is extremely odd... Deadline is only 5 days away (not much in context of the whole day 1...) ...and your pushing for 2 extra votes for the sake of it? :s
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Torqez »

HowardRoark wrote:Seeking a replacement for ekiM.[/color][/b]
Oh dear. Dread the thought at someone replacing into a game at 21 pages. I found it difficult enough coming in at 17 :?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Torqez »

EriktheRed wrote:
Da Rules wrote:# A non-majority vote count results in a "no lynch" occurring.
# With vote counts posted regularly, everyone should know when the majority has been reached.
# Once a majority vote occurs, the game is in twilight until I post the death scene and night begins. The lynchee may not post during twilight.
Yep. L-1 with someone's explicit (or scum's silent) intent to hammer would probably still be a good idea.
Wow okay, I overlooked this part too. Is it different for this game as opposed to usually? I just assumed it was majority at lynch deadline time - hence me questioning tubby's reasoning to not wait the extra days to lynch deadline.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Torqez »

Symbol wrote:
Mod: Isn't xRECKONERx voting for Julienvonwolfe?
Just reviewed the voting last couple pages. I make this to be true too.

Mod: Can we get an accurate votecount please?

My unofficial count makes:

MrSuave (4) -- julienvonwolfe, MacavityLock, ekiM, tubby216
julienvonwolfe (5) -- iamausername, Symbol, Torqez, xRECKONERx, ErictheRed

@MrSuave - I just checked your vote on Hoopla, you realise you voted Hoopla nearly a month ago, here? And from that post it seems like a jokingly wagon post. Have you not thought anyone else to be scum? Why have you not updated your vote yet, or do you think Hoopla to be scummy now and why? Could you summarise please and make a committment?

@Nuwen - Just like Symbol said, why havn't you voted again? You had somewhat of a policy vote on Zazier here and then removed it once he got replaced by myself. But since then, you havn't made a vote. Why's this?

@Hoopla - You too had a 'policy' vote on Zazier. And unlike Nuwen, you havn't even bothered to unvote yet. Are you going to vote and make a decision or leave your vote on me as you think I'm scummy?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Torqez »

Symbol wrote:
Vote: Torqez.
I like him and RECK as scum; I don't feel like outing my other scum reads, though, because I have something like six total, so it'd be accomplishing nothing while outing my town reads by omission.

More on Torq later.
Pray thee, do tell.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Torqez »

Ouch, first of all, that post gave me a headache :? ...but I do commend you on your effort for the monster post :o

Anyway personally, I didn't gather much from it. If anything (and this could be due to the fact that I've replaced into the game and had not much interraction with Hoopla) I'd say that Hoopla is acting different to that game to this game. She seems to reason out her posts/actions a bit more in that game. This game though, there seems to be a myriad of one line responses and general non direction. I am also still a bit iffy with her random lynch strategy that she proposed.

Also, I found this part interesting and would like to know more if you could explain please:
julienvonwolfe wrote:I guess I understand how Symbol works, now.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Torqez »

Can we get an answer to these please?
Torqez wrote: @MrSuave - I just checked your vote on Hoopla, you realise you voted Hoopla nearly a month ago, here? And from that post it seems like a jokingly wagon post. Have you not thought anyone else to be scum? Why have you not updated your vote yet, or do you think Hoopla to be scummy now and why? Could you summarise please and make a committment?

@Nuwen - Just like Symbol said, why havn't you voted again? You had somewhat of a policy vote on Zazier here and then removed it once he got replaced by myself. But since then, you havn't made a vote. Why's this?
Do we need a prod on Suave and Nuwen?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Torqez »

Hoopla wrote: I want to be on the record saying I don't support Julien OR Suave's lynch. Suave seems like the go-to lynch for scum, and I don't understand why julien has so many votes.
I may be newish to MafiaScum (so unaware with all the diff strats and tactics), but does this sound as if Hoopla is covering her bases, incase she ends up lynching either one and then they prove to be townie?

I only say this because with about a day to go (i think) there seem to be only 2 candidates for lynch atm and
Hoopla wrote: I think xRECKONERx is the only viable choice for lynch today. This is a gut feeling I find difficult to quantify, but after a reread of the thread, I always find my eyes gravitating toward what he posts.
..could just be a red herring?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Torqez »

sigh ...new to this whole cliaming thing - whats the procedure now?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Torqez »

Hi ...thx for replacing in.

GL catching up on our 24 pages :?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Torqez »

I don't know what your on about Symbol - your thought process is too quick for me.

One moment your accusing one person, then the next minute your accusing someone else. You change votes at every chance you get and its hard to keep track of what's going on.

I dont join "bandwagons like hell". Initially my response from this thread (remember, I replaced in) was the fact that Hoopla and Nuwen appear scummy to me and I couldn't follow the reasoning behind why people were on Suave here is an example post. Feel free to read my iso for my thought process on the whole nuwen/hoopla/suave thing. I still highly suspect Hoopla and still havn't heard from Nuwen.

You said I didn't outline why I thought Hoopla was suspicious, I'm not sure if you just missed my post here. This has since been backed up my post here (which just happened recently, confirming some suspicions of mine)

Regardless, out of the two, I was never convinced of vote on Suave, and your post here kinda made me suspcious abouut jvw based on what other people said too. I was previously voting for Nuwen, but people don't seem to be going that way.

I havn't moved off my vote off jvw even when there was pressure to jump on and lynch suave. Unfortunately being a replacement into the game, I havn't had all the interaction I would have liked before figuring out who is scum. Right now though, I still highly suspect Hoopla. JVW is dodgy as well and since we're pushing for a lynch - unfortunately it's the way I guess we go.

And again I say, I'm still newish in terms of MafiaScum, so the whole idea of claiming is new to me (in my previous mafia games elsewhere, people could talk to each other in pms or irc to convince other ppl etc to not lynch them etc).
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Torqez »

MrSuave wrote:HAHA I was right! I told you guys Hoopla scum was on the money! =D
POW I shot her >=D
lol gj :D

She did seem dodgy, and I shoulda stuck with my gut feeling :?

Speaking of gut ..I've been sick for the last 4-5 days with Food Poisoning (been off work too) - but should be better now. Still recovering though, so my posting might be irregular atm.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Torqez »

k, reread to confirm what I felt.

Vote: Looker
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Torqez »

Sigh... I don't think I get the Mylo Lylo situations fully. The way I see it, is that if we make a mistake, we're gonners.

To be honest, I think tubby is really dodgy. At first I though he was so stupidly scummy, that he couldn't be scum. Now I'm not sure...got me confused. For this reason,
if
I was to vote for someone, i'd be voting tubby. However, I see that Symbol is already inclined to vote him too, and so I don't want to put himat L-2 incase another quick lynch. The worst thing we could do right now is what we did last time ...that was so 'wtf'. We need time imo.

Now, having said that, from my understaning if we lynch wrongly, and then theres the night kill, if we assume 2 mob, wouldnt that leave 2 mob and 2 town? Then how can we lynch? For that reason I'd vote a no lynch atm, except i don't wanna hammer this atm. Firstly because I don't want to happen what happened last time and secondly i'm not good at math and/or my thinking may be wrong.

(Also what is the meaning of having 2 kills last night? Does this mean we have an sk?)

For these reasons I'm reserving my vote for now.

Btw sry guys, posting this on my phone atm. Usually am V/LA on the weekends so might not post much atm..
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Torqez »

MacavityLock wrote:
HowardRoark wrote:A non-majority vote count results in a "no lynch" occurring.
Actually, tubby just hammered No Lynch. Talk to you tomorrow.
Also Macavity...

...pretty sure this rule applies to when we dont reach the Lynch number come deadline time - a no lynch occurs.

Hence every lynch needed, will need a hammer.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 am

Post by Torqez »

Screw it. Obvious scum is obvious.

Vote: tubby/tubby's replacement
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 am

Post by Torqez »

VT

Can someone explain 'hypocop' to me?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Torqez »

gg guys :D

Was a fun game and I really enjoyed it. Hoopla and IAUN were awesome scum - great strategists :)

Been a pleasure :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”