Info from previous games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Is it okay to use info from previous games?

Of course, you should do this all the time.
45%
Sure, when you think it'll help the side your on.
43%
No, you should use game related info only.
8%
Absolutely not, doing this is like using Crap Logic.
5%

Total votes: 40

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:42 am

Post by mathcam »

I read that second option though as keeping quiet when your mafia buddy is acting differently, which I don't think you should do if keeping quiet in turn marks you out as acting differently by not picking up on the mafia dude
Well, in that case, it wouldn't be helping the side your on, so you wouldn't do it according to the second option. But really, few enough people put this much thought into the games that they're in that I would be very surprised if someone were accused of being on a team with someone
because
they didn't mention that the other person was acting funny. Only one person can be the first to notice it in each case.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:41 am

Post by mathcam »

Cuban smoker wrote:Blind games piss me off
Yeah, me too!
Cuban smoker wrote:Each of you becomes a person in my mind, and I play from there.
That's why the thread with all our pictures in it was so freaky...I had totally different pictures for all of you.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:53 pm

Post by mathcam »

Electra was a good example of this. Time Travel Mafia was her first game on the site and we were co-mafita together. In PMs, she made very astute points about how it might be best to proceed, whereas her posts in the thread were like "How do I vote?" and "Ooo..mafia...sounds like fun..." and "Hee hee! I'm a girl!" :) She didn't get a vote on her for two full days.

But now we all know she's evil every time. :)

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:55 am

Post by mathcam »

Good point, DP. Perhaps an even more directly applicable example is that each individual grandmaster has their strengths and weaknesses and play particular openings more frequently than others. I guarantee you that every time there's a grandmaster game occuring, each side is well-versed with the strengths, weaknesses, and opening choices of his/her opponent.

Cam

Return to “Mafia Discussion”