Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Chinaman »

I personally don't mind RVS all that much though I will admit I can't connect anyone to anything from RVS. Some people say it helps to make connections late in the game, but I just don't see it as you would have to basically guess why someone subconsciously voted someone else in RVS. So yeah, I think it's pretty worthless, but then again, the only way to skip RVS is to do something else that is equally worthless (as far as tells go) like asking what people think about it. That being said, the only way to get out of RVS is for someone to do something slightly scummy.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Heh, not me, I jumped right in my first newbie game fresh as a....well....something really fresh anyway. I actually don't even delve that deep into meta either. I can see a point in Meta, but with the way I play, I forget my role half the time. I've never been scum, so I can say as to whether or not I will play differently, but I have been a Serial Killer and I played exactly the same way as town. I don't read games I'm not in for sure and for the record, I can see both town and scum looking up people in the game before hand to see how many games they have been in, how that scum hunt, etc. The info is good for either party, it just depends on how into the game they wanna get. Me personally, I take each game as it comes. I have a good friend who is masterful at playing town and scum the exact same way. So yeah, long story short, I don't think looking up players before hand is a tell either way, and I think this argument is mostly town arguing with town with some scum mixed in. I would actually venture to say the biggest scumtell so far comes from Muffin who is "inclined to agree" nice and early so if the BW stays strong toward end of deadline, he can say "I said I agreed on p2!". It's an agreement without a vote, HoS, or FoS.

What you got to say about that Pastry-boy? If you're inclined to agree, where's your bolded statement of where you stand?
FoS: Muffin
(<----There's mine :P)
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Chinaman »

The above was in response to Cruel's p45 and my own thoughts about what's going on up till that post. I also don't preview too well :D
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I'm a big fan of Meta Knight and Kirby myself
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Chinaman »

bob: I'm actually pretty buzzed right now. so I'm gonna have to go back and look at who exactly did what and when....unless you wanna quote it for me???? :D
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Ok, so AGM is the one who started it all and now has a wagon on him correct?

damn, a vote count would be nice right about now...but its friday....why am i on the computer?....anyway....

Ok, so we have AGM making a big deal out of what I personally feel is a null tell yes? Then we have a LOT of people hammering him for it. If you read what I wrote about how I feel about RVS and what it takes to get out of it, you'll note that I feel it takes someone doing something slightly scummy, no? I will now add that most the time in my opinion (which is Gold btw) that the person doing something slightly scummy is usually town, and the person jumping on it is usually scum. SO, the next question is who did the slightly scummy thing first? Was it Gooey for looking up games before hand and AGM catching that as slightly scummy or was it AGM blowing something out of proportion and Mordy or S...something that caught AGM's slightly scummy thing and blowing THAT out of proportion.

I will say that I don't know which it is right now, but I will say that Gooey is more townie in my book atm for his p47. Grats Goo...you're not my target today.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Chinaman »

bob: yeah, why you want me to place a vote? I said my piece and FoS'ed where I saw fit. Votes carry more weight, but this game is moving along rather nicely so a pressure vote isn't needed and I feel I have made my opinion clear enough. So, why do you want me to vote vs. other forms of pointing my suspicion?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Chinaman »

also, was the FoS an afterthought for the same post or are you FoS'ing because he didn't answer?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Chinaman »

pastry-boy or from now on I will refer to as PB wrote:Earlier on you admit to not reading the thread carefully (scumtell) and now the double standards/hypocrisy.
Misrepresent much? Here's an
HoS: Muffin
for ya. Oh, and guess what, I don't have to play by your rules now do I? I'll vote when I'm good and ready to and not a moment too soon. Opinions are like assholes remember?.... I think an FoS and the like are just as readable as a vote. To say they aren't is just your opinion, but I will build a case on someone FoS'ing someone else just a quick as if they voted.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Chinaman »

come to think of it, p89 is full of ridiculousness...in fact, it looks like an entire post attempting to strawman me.

Can you please point out any posts of mine that actually correlate to anything you accused me of doing? In case you don't think you are accusing me of anything, point out where I:
-do you honestly think in a 12-player game, that a silly bandwagon from page 2 is going to stay nice and strong through to the end?

-Then again maybe you'd like this bandwagon to push through to a lynch real quick? Eager to test out your night kill?

-Earlier on you admit to not reading the thread carefully (scumtell) and now the double standards/hypocrisy.
oh and lets not forget
You lambast me for not taking a stance yet all you can put up is a measly fos that has zero impact on the game? We call that hypocrisy where I come from and in my experience the only players who need to create or rely on double standards are scum.
(this is a real gem btw...lol)

So, what were you attempting to do in this post, bread? I pointed out you didn't do any sort of suspicion bold statement and you turn it into hypocrisy based on how you think people should play?

If you can't point out where I did all those things, you WILL get your wish and have me vote. It will be for you btw...so no surprises.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Chinaman »

So....did you totally ignore my posts that came before Mordy's? I was calling you a liar in case you missed it. Don't worry, there's another one after Mordy's that you can put with the first one that you skipped and respond to both at the same time. I will admit they are talking about the same thing with the 2nd expounded a little bit, but still....
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Wow, you REALLY like to try and read into things don't you? Question for the first quote you pointed out of mine. Do you know the meaning of the word 'IF'? If you do, then my statement about not "insinuating" anything still stands true. 'IF' is a funny word like that...it's hypothetical.

Second quote of mine that is also a stretch...do you see where I went back on my own? did you see that I immediately posted my thoughts on it after I posted that comment? Did you also miss the part where I was pretty buzzed at the time? Going to make a case out of me drinking and posting? This is classic. You are taking something very much out of context, thus making my thoughts about you trying to strawman ever so more valid.

Last but not least. I am still failing to see where my logic is BS. It is only BS under YOUR assumption that FoS, HoS, and the like mean nothing and only the vote matters. I have stated already that it is YOUR opinion which you are entitled to, but in which doesn't make someone else a hypocrite. You are failing to get that through your head. I called you out for saying you were agreeing with people yet not pointing your own finger or hand or any other sort of bold statement which is easy to find when going back through the thread. THAT is the true purpose of these statements when you want to make it known you find someone's activities suspicious yet don't want to whore out your vote. Bolding them make them easy to find.

I also have a negative view about people who whore out their votes just so they are out there. It lessens the value of the vote. Cheapens it. A vote is a townies ONLY power, so I don't see why it should be thrown around till it has no real meaning. I do have a feeling you will be getting my vote before days end, but I'm not going to cast it out just yet when we still have people who have posted very little. My vote is precious like that. You have my HoS as of now, so that should be enough.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by Chinaman »

muffin p110: I accused you of misrepresenting me...you had nothing to say to that? So you don't mind misrepresenting people or don't feel the need to prove you weren't....

muffin p111: So what's your actual reason for voting me now? Outa curiosity. Is it hypocrisy? I am of the opinion you were over reacting to attention. Especially since I was really the only one giving you any in a negative sense. I merely asked you why you did do something and you blew it up to this. I think your response to the whole thing is emotional and guess who gives emotional responses...that's right, scum do.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Post by Chinaman »

p117: fair enough.

I'm going to go ahead and agree to disagree with you Muffin and afatchic. I will say that trying to get people to cast their votes because you think it's scummy if they don't is more manipulative than helpful for town.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Chinaman »

Responding to prod. Sorry guys, been crazy lately. I will try and catch up asap and post something by end of wednesday.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon