lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:11 am

Post by lexprod »

I don't think RVS on page one are going to ruin the game for the town, but it's not like they're mandatory either.

And good morning everybody :)
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 am

Post by lexprod »

I guess I'm the only one who has stuff to do holloween weekend? See you guys sunday, maybe later this evening. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by lexprod »

Currently on post 144 in reading, I can't be the only hungover player here.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Post by lexprod »

After two days of waiting, my first real post is bound to disappoint!

Funny thing is when I've played before I like placing vote pressure on people who have yet to show up, I'm kinda sad I still haven't gotten one yet from you guys.

Early game:

Alma's idea that researching pre-game is scummy is dumb IMO. Every reason that a scum would (to look for scum tells to abuse in this game, to find the meta-play) is a reason a town would (to look for scum tells to use in the game, to find the metaplay). As it's been pointed out, he also assumed that Gamma researched us all in depth, whereas he only knew one player's icon beforehand, and has provided a plausible explanation. He then falls off the face of the earth, but given the holiday and such, it's a null tell part of the equation. Based on the overall situation I'm putting alma on extreme watch, I do think this was a bad play, but since it died out due to inactivity on alma's part it's hard to see how malicious it was.

At this point is when the f13 situation begins, voting mordy for alma having a case on gamma. Gamma explains himself on page 2, about 90 minutes after f13 votes for mordy. An hour later f13 responds, but still has the wrong player in his head, then an hour after that realizes his mistake. Deflects accusation of belligerence with deflection onto bob. Interestingly enough, bob asks why f13's vote is on gamma still, and f13 responds he hasn't found a better option yet. I don't like that playstyle to begin with, but he once again forgot his incorrect vote. However Bob made the same mistake, as it was clear who was being discussed, just that one vote had the wrong name. All suspicion I have on f13 does not include his mis-vote, I think it was a legit mistake.

Around this time muffin and chinaman have a hissy fit, with fat chic too. Muffin made a "I agree" post and got some shit for it, and defended saying he thinks FOS are dumb. Based on thin evidence and what I'm assuming is TONS of OMGU(and your gameplay style)S, muffin votes China. China responds with his equivalent, a HoS, and starts up a minor shit storm with muffin, both sides say the same thing over and over, saying they play differently, and forcing each other to use the other's play style is scummy.

At page 6 f13 wakes up and then launches a massive case on Muffin based on non-commitment and lack of real content. Muffin did provide some content, it was just a prolonged argument about which way to play is correct. I'm getting a weak scum read due to muffin's continual argument that was just contradiction (and I paid for an argument!) for most of the time. Not that chinaman was posting gems of wisdom either, I just think they both should have realized they are at a stalemate on that debate. I don't like that this is the only major move muffin has made this game.

F13 then makes some non-statements about why he voted for mordy/gamma for so long. "it is my habit to leave my vote where it is unless I plan to change it" comes to mind as particularly obvious. The real question is why didn't you PLAN to change it. We're not asking you to move your vote around all the time independent of your thoughts, and I suspect that your thoughts were "well at least now I can keep a vote on mordy for no reason." OMGUS doesn't really work in retrospect, you could have at least revoted for mordy for the REAL reason, since it was unclear who you thought you were voting for anyways. I know you say that since there was no present danger there was no reason to unvote, but there was also no penalty for unvoting or switching to gamma. It would've taken what...a dozen keystrokes?

F13 then points out that no one is discussing his case. I think that's a fair call because if someone brings up that much text, especially your TARGET, then it's worth a mention. However everyone IS paying attention to your lack of a good explanation for being stubborn. After that most of the rest is scumlist drama, with cruelty leaning on the "they help scum more than town" side, which I agree with. That and lots of just repeating arguments.

I just don't see anything more scummy than foilist13's lack of explanaiton for his vote, and maybe there wasn't one, which makes it a bad vote, which makes me want to
vote: foilist13
. Alma's case has stalled until he becomes active again, and muffin is the same provided he does something besides attack chinaman again.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Post by lexprod »

Sorry for the lack of quotes, was trying to just go over the trends of 200 posts and my eyes are about to fall out from reading it. Good night!
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:13 am

Post by lexprod »

alma wrote:
f13 wrote: @Almaster - Your case was pretty weak. I don't have a lot to add on top of MordyS and Gammagooey, but I can send you to some meta where Archaebob is scum, and another where he is town. In both of these he interspersed content posts with one liners in a very similar manner to which he is doing now, except here there is less content than there normally is.
"I always do it" isn't an excuse. Scummy behavior is scummy. If you are in this game and you are on the town side, your should be trying to make the town win.
I would think that "I always do it" would be an excuse, as by definition it would be a null tell. Please stop making bad arguments...
alma wrote:My point is we don't need a bandwagon to have conversation, which is proven by the fact that there's 9 massive pages of text that have nothing to do with the "wagon" on me.
We don't -need- one, but the wagon on you DID have a lot to do with the text we've had so far. If you remember, you pulled out a "you're scummy gamma cause of research" which then put you in the spotlight. After you got a few votes on you, f13 chimed in saying that you had a case when the consensus is you didn't, and that's when he voted for the wrong person, which spawned a multi-page debate over why he didn't then correct the error. It could be a sign that f13 saw his scumbuddy gaining the early vote lead and panicked to shove it onto anyone else.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:36 am

Post by lexprod »

Any reason for the change of heart bob?
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:44 am

Post by lexprod »

Fair enough, though next time I would suggest actually telling us WITH the vote, without waiting for someone to ask. Maybe that's just me.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:34 am

Post by lexprod »

You know what? Archa's got a point. Even though muffin is the enemy of my enemy per se, that doesn't make him my friend.

Unvote
Vote Muffin

Let's get some accountability.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:26 am

Post by lexprod »

unvote: Muffin
Vote: Foilist13

Interested in seeing how bob will respond to the case against him.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:59 am

Post by lexprod »

unvote: Muffin
Vote: Foilist13

Bolded in case mod didn't see
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by lexprod »

I still think that foilist13's actions this day have been the most clearly anti-town than anyone else today, unlike most other candidates where people seem torn between town mistake or scum reveal. I think f13's the best choice for hitting scum for the day.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 am

Post by lexprod »

MordyS wrote: By contrast, it's now Thursday and AlmasterGM hasn't posted since Monday when I bashed his skull in with a logical cudgel. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure I know who his scum-buds are and I don't think it's foilist13. If foilist13 + AlmasterGM are scum-buds, that means that foilist13 didn't just screw up by voting for the wrong guy, etc, he always tied his first apple wagon (I LOVE THIS EXPRESSION) to his scum-buddies star. Let's say they're both scum and AlmasterGM flips; OBVIOUSLY foilist13 is the next to fall.
I do agree that alma and foilist have both made bad plays and you make a good point about alma disappearing. Since I read the first 10 pages or so at the same time, it didn't feel like he had been gone as long as he had.
If I see nothing of almasterGM by friday, I'll through my vote on to build some pressure that'll hopefully work like it did (so far) for muffin.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”