Mini 199 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:15 am

Post by Quagmire »

My guess on Emptyger's death is that Emp is the SK, and the mafia killed him, but yet EmpTyger went forward in time to kill someone.

That's assuming that "non-townie" means someone who's not playing for the town instead of someone who's not a vanilla townie. mathcam, could you please clarify that for me?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:10 am

Post by Quagmire »

Nox, you're overanalyzing a little too much and overlooking Gaspode just trying to bring a little light-heartedness to the game.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:59 am

Post by Quagmire »

Yeah, I have a question about the 6/3 voting strategy.

The person we're going to lynch gets the 6 votes. Do we put the next suspicious person at three votes, or do we just choose someone at random to put the three votes on?

Otherwise, I don't have much to say. I think Mr Stoofer's vote was pretty harmless; perhaps he forgot a random in front of the vote or didn't think it was necessary. I don't think he REALLY thought that Someone (was it someone? I don't remember exactly who) was suspicious before he even posted.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:13 am

Post by Quagmire »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I don't like Someone's post 69. First, yet more pointless off-topic discussion (diversion?); followed by the rather surprising and frankly unsupportable statement that he thinks 4 people are "decently innocent". I am always suspicious of people claiming to believe in the innocence of others - especially on flimsy/non-existent evidence.

I've never played with Someone before but he is setting off my scumdar (such as it is).
I disagree - on day one, there's no way anyone can have a
real
idea of who's innocent or who's guilty, because for the most part, we're stabbing in the dark and hoping to nab a mafioso because we don't have any concrete evidence of who's mafia, and the only things we can look on are posts made during the day and to an extent, the nightkills. So, Someone making a little checklist of who, at this point, he deems innocent is pretty justified. At least, considering I do the same. :P

Just so long as Someone doesn't become all closed-minded on us and continuously defend them if we have good evidence against him...then I'd view that as suspicious.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:40 am

Post by Quagmire »

I don't have the time now to post thoughts, because I have to leave for work in less than 5 minutes.

But when I get back (around 3:00 PM Central), I will post my thoughts.

But I'll forewarn you, there aren't really that many, but I have a couple notes down I'll speak about.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:05 am

Post by Quagmire »

[quote=SinisterOverlord]So because he thinks we should use FOS's, it may be better. Why? You say it would be better, but there's no reasoning. Piling on votes quickly only advantages the mafia - something that happens quickly is usually to their advantage, not the town's. It's also a common scum tactic for when there's a deadline to get who they want lynched.

Since a majority doesn't mean a lynch, I've got no problems with using votes liberally. It allows everyone to see easily exactly where I stand, as votes are tallied by the mod but FOS's aren't, and means things don't have to move very quickly.[/quote]

I completely agree with that statement. It's very simple to go on the internet and retract your votes if you don't feel someone is suspicious. However, I don't find Someone suspicious because of that,
until
:
[quote=Someone's response]What??? This is completely out of context. Firstly, note that it was Mr. Stoofer's idea, and not mine to do so. I was just assuming that was the better plan was to FOS. As you may have noted, there were no objections to the FOS plan, which means that most of the town agreed with it at the time...why am I the only one to be singled out? [/quote]

I find this
very
scummy, because first off, he assumes instantly that the entire town thinks it's a good idea so that he should go along with it, too. Is that not a mafioso's objective to blend in the crowd, not get noticed, and pass by throughout the first couple of days so that he doesn't die? For someone (not someone the username, but someone as in any person) to say that, "Oh yeah, since nobody said anything, that means they all think the same thing, so I'm going to follow that idea to not get caught," catches my eye very quickly.

Not only that, but Someone has been all over the place during the game. “Yeah, that FOS is a good idea.” “No, it’s not.” And he’s also used crap logic and took it back. I don’t like his inconsistencies and the way he’s playing, so because of that, I’m going to
Vote: Someone.

So, those are my thoughts for now. More to come as I read upcoming posts (especially Someone and SinisterOverlord).
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:44 am

Post by Quagmire »

Nox wrote:Whoa whoa whoa.
Wait a minute.
Is it just me or did he just
confirm
me innocent?

We know for a fact that there is a possibility of several mafia families, or several killers, right?

So if you were scum, it didn't necessarily mean I was innocent, and even if I was, I was on your case; you wouldve defended yourself all the same.

This leads me to think that you do, in fact, know that I'm innocent.
And who knows this other than the mafia?
I highly doubt that a cop had a chance to investigate yet.
My guess is that his quote may have been a little slip up. But if he's mafia, then he knows you're at least not part of his family. Still, whether it's a little slip up or not,
unvote: Someone.

FOS: Mr. Stoofer. MOD: Can we get a vote count?

Another thing I don't like about Mr Stoofer:
Perhaps the explanantion is that we have recently played a game together (Mini 167), where we were both pro-town: so he knows that this is my pro-town style. And yes, if I am innocent that doesn't mean he is too.
With this, I view that he's trying
too hard
to shove in the town's face that he's a protown. If he was protown, he shouldn't panic and he should just come up with some rational arguments instead of defensive defenses. It's a common mafia tactic to try and force-feed innocence.

My vote on Mr Stoofer is pending. When the vote count comes.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:45 am

Post by Quagmire »

Nox wrote:Whoa whoa whoa.
Wait a minute.
Is it just me or did he just
confirm
me innocent?

We know for a fact that there is a possibility of several mafia families, or several killers, right?

So if you were scum, it didn't necessarily mean I was innocent, and even if I was, I was on your case; you wouldve defended yourself all the same.

This leads me to think that you do, in fact, know that I'm innocent.
And who knows this other than the mafia?
I highly doubt that a cop had a chance to investigate yet.
My guess is that his quote may have been a little slip up. But if he's mafia, then he knows you're at least not part of his family. Still, whether it's a little slip up or not,
unvote: Someone.

FOS: Mr. Stoofer. MOD: Can we get a vote count?

Another thing I don't like about Mr Stoofer:
Perhaps the explanantion is that we have recently played a game together (Mini 167), where we were both pro-town: so he knows that this is my pro-town style. And yes, if I am innocent that doesn't mean he is too.
With this, I view that he's trying
too hard
to shove in the town's face that he's a protown. If he was protown, he shouldn't panic and he should just come up with some rational arguments instead of defensive defenses. It's a common mafia tactic to try and force-feed innocence.

My vote on Mr Stoofer is pending. When the vote count comes.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:15 am

Post by Quagmire »

Alright, I'm going to put a little more pressure on Stoofer. He's two away from a lynch now, so don't stock-pile the votes on him quite yet.

Vote: Mr Stoofer
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:04 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Nox wrote:Yeah. That's
my
''scumdar'' beeping.

There can be more than one back-up docs, can there?
What better than to claim back up doc if one was scum? We know if he's scum that he'll show up as non-townie when lynched; He was obviously going to claim something else. Claiming doc would put the real doc against him right off the bat, so like the others, I'd like to have more details about his time fuel, etc. In my opinion, Stoofer's claim seems more like scum trying to cover himself up.

I don't think this is a scum ploy to draw another claim, more like a scum ploy to save its sorry life from getting lynched.
Sums up my thoughts quite perfectly; perhaps Stoofer had that plan from the beginning if he knew he was going to be suspicious to act like he was the backup doc all the time and then if he got put in the spot he could say, "No guys, I'm really the backup doc! I hinted at it!"

My vote stands.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”