Mini 199 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:24 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Random
vote SinisterOverlord

The thing that scares me most about this setup is non-revealing of roles on death. Seems we'll be in a state of constant cluelessness.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:36 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Catching up a bit.

I like Someone's 6/3 voting strategy.

I think it will be a little while before we can figure out the number of killing groups. Neither one nor two would surpise me. It helps that new killings in the past get reported right away, but we have no way of knowing how many kills are hidden in the future.

There is value in labelling a vote random, and one should only use the word if the vote is truly chosen at random. Pro-town players shouldn't lie - so a cop voting for a found bad guy shouldn't call the vote random. I hate posts like Stoofer's first one that give absolutely no reason - it makes people either assume randomness or ask for a reason, when you should just give a reason in the first place. And it isn't something to be proud of later because it "kicked of the debate."
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:58 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Someone wrote:What exactly is wrong with a cop hiding his investigation result under a "random" vote? I know "lynch all liars" is something that usually should be followed, however, there are exeptions to every rule. Instead of blindly following the adage, maybe you should give us some reasons why you are doing so.
Lynch liars doesn't work if a player can later fast-talk a justification for a lie. The greatness of the strategy is the simplicity - scum needs to lie, town doesn't, so when you have found a lie, you have found scum. Start adding a set of sub-rules and exceptions, which of course won't be commonly agreed upon, and the strategy loses all of its power. I follow it strictly, not blindly.

On to other matters. I wouldn't be sure scum will claim townie. It is the only way they'd be confirmed as bad guys when they die.

I'm not crazy about following a plan that assumes doctor(s) will be able to perform lots of resurrections. We don't know how much time fuel potential doctor(s) would have.

Unvote SinisterOverlord.
Twas random, and I don't neccessarily want it to turn into bandwagon by virtue of being the only vote still hanging around.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:58 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Judging by the vote count, nobody else has any better ideas. Why don't you tell us what you've got, Fishbulb?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:50 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

The game is best played by presenting suspcions and discussing them. We'd get nowhere if we all sat around saying "I know something you don't know". I think you're too much worred about the scum tells going away once the person gets called out. There is value in seeing how people react under pressure, too.

Accusations will only lead to a bandwagon if enough of us agree with them, and if you're ideas are good, I don't know why that would be a bad thing.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:19 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Gaspode wrote:And though SpeedyKQ has been begging Fishbulb to reveal his logic, he hasn't really presented any himself. I'd like to hear something useful from him as well.
No particular ideas who is scum, else I'd share them, even without being called out. Therein was part of my eagerness to hear from Fishbulb.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:46 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Vote SinisterOverlord.
I'm mostly bothered by his attacking Someone for his stupid comment. My experience is that obviously stupid statements aren't scummy, but those most eager to pounce on them are.

I have mixed feelings about talking strategy. Generally it is a good thing, and we really shouldn't be discouraging it. On the other hand, when I'm mafia, talking about strategy all the time is my favorite way of active lurking - staying involved in the conversation without drawing heat. I suppose we should talk strategy all we want, but stay aware of that tactic.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:54 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Someone wrote: That being said, I'd like to volunteer myself for the 3 part of the 3/6 voting pattern...but I think that either SO or Mr stoofer should be the 6 part.
This bothers me. If you're pro-town, why would you volunteer to be the backup lynchee? How does that help out your side? The 6/3 voting plan only works if we have suspicous people in both slots. This feels more like scum trying to ingratiate themself, because a good guy volunteering to put themself in the 3 slot doesn't help the town.
FOS Someone.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:28 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Stoofer, how much time fuel you got?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:52 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Strategic planning. Could give us a hint as to how powerful doctors are in this setup.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:10 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Now that we're at 5/2 I'll sit on my vote.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:12 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Hm, so in our new timeline, yesterday's vote was 4 to 2. Looks like scum decided to forgo a kill tonight to go back and get Quagmire night one, but why?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:22 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Someone wrote:I must admit, it's looking pretty bad for my multiple-killing groups therorem, but I maintain that it would be an easy town win if there was only one.
I disagree on two counts. There could still easily be more than one killing group, between doc protection and future-kills. On the other hand, I don't think it would be hard at all for mathcam to create a balanced game with only one killing group - I can think of about seven ways to do it.

I'm going to
vote SinisterOverlord
again for now. I need to give the thread a good read-through, but I know I felt pretty good about the vote yesterday.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:06 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Deadline in about 15 hours, kids. As the vote leader I think SinisterOverlord should claim, and we should start lining up some votes. A 2 to 0 final vote count would be pretty shaky.

We should also start begging mathcam for an extension.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:52 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Yay town. Good job guys.

Stoofer, if you had said you had one day of time fuel instead of inheriting mine, I'd have tried to save you.

Bah on myself for being wrong about like everything.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”