xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:02 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I can "cope" with a posting style just fine. I just think increased usage of emoticons is a scumtell.
green shirt thursdays
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Nuwen »

What.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I know that in the few games I've been scum, I've found myself using emoticons more as a way to ease any subliminal suspicions about me. I know I can't be the only one who thinks this.
green shirt thursdays
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by MrSuave »

um... if you notice, I use emotes whether or not I'm under pressure... O_o... your "scum-tell" may apply to you, but that doesn't mean that everyone does that.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by geekalicious »

julienvonwolfe wrote:And why did it make you suspicious?
I was suspicious because I started trying to figure out how Nuwen would use the information in hypothetical situations. If she had found out he was a hyperactive kid, would that make her less likely to vote for him if he really is scum relating his excitable posts to age? Or, hypothetically proposing that Nuwen is scum and MrSuave is her partner, would she similarly make use of the information in order to deflect attention away from her partner on the basis of his age causing his erratic posting style rather than nervousness at being scum? Though she said that the issue was alignment irrelative, I could still see the information holding at least some bit of sway.
Nuwen wrote:You're still asserting that what I did was more likely to be scum than town, right?
I'm not quite sure what action you're referring to in this question. If you're talking about your action of question evasion, then yes, I do find that making you more likely to be scum than town.

And xRECKONERx, using emoticons as scum tells? Come on, that doesn't generally make sense. There are just some players that use way too many emoticons and exclamation marks for their own good. Perhaps for you personally it's a good tell of you being scum, but I can't see using it as a general tell.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by iamausername »

geekalicious wrote:As far as why as iamausername is voting for me, I already noted that he was a mod in a game a played in previously. In that game, I was scum. Since we're still in a semi-random voting phase type area, I felt that might be the reason since he chose not to reveal reasoning when voting. However, I still want to hear his answer on the issue.
OK, I think the value of keeping my reasoning to myself on this one has now passed.

I think Nuwen has already summed it up pretty well, but nonetheless; the main sticking point for me was here:
geekalicious wrote:
Nuwen wrote:I never said the behavior was alignment-indicative, only that I didn't know whether is was specific to this game or a general floozyness. Do you think my inquiry is scummy?
Then why did you want to know age if you didn't think it was alignment indicative...? I still don't see how age in particular is related to judging a person's particular posting style. For example, according to MrSuave's information, I'm in the same age range as him. How does that bit of information now help you in analyzing me?
geek is clearly insinuating that Nuwen's questioning Suave's age is scummy, but refuses to actually say so outright, even when directly asked to. It strikes me as a very underhanded way to throw dirt at Nuwen.
tubby213 wrote:so you put him at l-3 for bs reasons?
Do you have a problem with that?

ekiM is not getting involved enough for my liking. It feels he is deliberately trying to stay out of trouble.

Reckoner is my strongest town read right now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Why am I your strongest town read?
green shirt thursdays
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Nuwen »

I know we've had a lot of intermittent downtime (and more is expected), but there are a lot of people lurking through this game right now. I'm looking at you Hoopla, Tubby, ekim.

MacavityLock's interaction with everyone feels hollow too.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 am

Post by MrSuave »

well I'm gonna say this right now... from when I played with Hoopla as her being town and her now, her play style seems a lot more random and not very logical. go to that game that JW linked to, to see what I'm talking about.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:14 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I still want to know how Reck read Hoopla as rolefishing.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Vote Count (D1)

Nuwen (1) -- geekalicious
Hoopla (1) -- MrSuave
MrSuave (5) -- julienvonwolfe, xRECKONERx, MacavityLock, SophistricDoctrine, Hoopla
geekalicious (2) -- iamausername, Nuwen
SophisticDoctrine (1) -- ekiM
Toro (1) -- Toro

Not Voting (1) -- tubby216

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 12 NOV 2009 at 5:15 pm UTC (Countdown)

SophisticDoctrine has been prodded (2nd)
Last edited by HowardRoark on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

To me, asking why he's so keen to claim is an attempt to lure information out about whether or not he has a power role.
green shirt thursdays
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

xRECKONERx wrote:To me, asking why he's so keen to claim is an attempt to lure information out about whether or not he has a power role.
This is a just restatement of "rolefishing". How so?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

It seems well explained to me, ML.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Seriously, what the hell else do you expect me to elaborate on? The definition of rolefishing is trying to find out a person's role... how Hoopla was rolefishing was by prodding around asking why he's so keen to claim, IMO, in what sounded like an attempt to draw out his claim. Why is that hard to understand?
green shirt thursdays
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by MrSuave »

I don't really want to claim, but if I have to I will. I've never had to claim something before except in a bastard mod, and it was durring a mass claim. So I was just making sure I wasn't doing it too soon
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Do not claim.

(How's that for "coaching?" Just by the way, I fail to see how guiding a player is inherently scummy - leading someone to do something pro-town is also pro-town, while advising them to do something anti-town will get you killed. Anyone who toddles down the coaching road again is either lazy or scum. Or lazy scum.)
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Mod, could you please prod Tubby too?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

xRECKONERx wrote:Seriously, what the hell else do you expect me to elaborate on? The definition of rolefishing is trying to find out a person's role... how Hoopla was rolefishing was by prodding around asking why he's so keen to claim, IMO, in what sounded like an attempt to draw out his claim. Why is that hard to understand?
Because I have a really hard time reading what Hoopla said that way. You're saying that you think that there's a chance that Hoopla was hoping Suave would answer that by claiming? We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

If we're just going to agree to disagree, why even pursue it in the first place?

FoS: Mac
green shirt thursdays
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

xRECKONERx wrote:If we're just going to agree to disagree, why even pursue it in the first place?

FoS: Mac
Because while I disagree with your assessment of Hoopla's statement, I see now how you could have interpreted it that way. I'm not too proud to admit that I missed something on my initial read. So, I think that your Hoopla call-out merits an "I Got My Eye On You" for now, and that's about it.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

xRECKONERx wrote:To me, asking why he's so keen to claim is an attempt to lure information out about whether or not he has a power role.
It's not exactly a question that furthers a claiming opportunity, to me. I don't understand your position after your explanations, so I won't bother. I can assure you my question stemmed from curiousity of Suave wishing to claim.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post by HowardRoark »

tubby216 has been prodded. (1st)

I will be without access for most of today. Later this evening, I will dispatch any prods/replacements that will be due today.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 am

Post by geekalicious »

iamausername wrote:Reckoner is my strongest town read right now.
I'm really wondering about this statement by iamausername, so let's go through xRECKONERx's posts up until the time he said this.

Post 32 - xRECKONERx random votes for iamausername.
Post 35 - High fives MacavityLock for voting for iamausername, going "EARLY BANDWAGON FTW"
Post 47 -When MrSuave complains about hoopla still pushing for a bandwagon on him, xRECKONERx unvotes and advocates push a RVS wagon on MrSuave instead.
Post 63 -Claims to be scum, then asks for reactions, a tactic that had already been used by I think two other players before.
Post 85 -This is basically a content empty post where xRECKONERx states that he's happy with his votes on MrSuave.
Post 119 -Starts the thread of thought where he starts talking about using emoticons as scum tells, something I still find strange.

So.... Really, look at each of the posts, all I see are pushes for RVS bandwagons, a scum claim, and stating the use of emoticons as scumtells. Honestly, what in the world is striking you as pro-town about any of this, iamausername?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:45 am

Post by ekiM »

Hey, MrSuave, or anyone else who doesn't understand what claims are for. Read this. Now understand: do not claim unless you are at L-1; everyone on your wagon is serious about your lynch; and someone is seriously threatening to hammer. Do not request a claim unless you are ready to see someone hang; in a position to hammer them; and want to avoid killing a power role. If someone requests a claim at a bad time, this is anti-town. Point it out. Argue against it. Don't acquiesce without a fight.

Also MrSuave should try doing something besides asking whether it's time to claim and defending himself.

Hey, xRECKONERx, you say that "increased" usage of emoticons is a scum-tell, and warn MrSuave not to do it. Two points:

First, what are you comparing with to decide that he's "increased" his usage?

Second,
if you think someone is subconsciously dropping a scum-tell, why are you warning him about it
? If you're town his alignment should be unknown to you, so why wouldn't you note it silently and keep scrutinizing him? Warning people of unknown alignment how to avoid your suspicion doesn't seem like the best possible scum-hunting method.

I'd love to hear why iamausername has a pro-town read on xRECKONERx.

Nuwen, in 132 you forgot SophisticDoctrine. He's lurking scum, no?

I don't see how Hoopla was rolefishing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”