Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by geekalicious »

/confirm

Favorite animal? Meerkat!
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Hoopla wrote:Yes, only because I can't have pictures of bleeding vaginas.
O_O
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Scum buddies you say? :shock:
Vote: Nuwen
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Nuwen wrote:Because the tone and style of your posts sounds like a gerbil on amphetamines, and your age might reveal whether that's hyperactivity or game-relevant jitters. I'm assuming that since it's such a big deal, you're quite young. That's fine.
I'm not quite seeing what you can necessarily garner from MrSuave's age... Age doesn't necessarily translate into hyperactivity that could be used to excuse the jitteriness that MrSuave is exhibiting. Additionally, players within the same age range can have totally different levels of composure in the game, so I don't really think age can be counted in weighing scum tells. I think it's the player's personality in general that helps in weighing.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:17 am

Post by geekalicious »

Nuwen wrote:I never said the behavior was alignment-indicative, only that I didn't know whether is was specific to this game or a general floozyness. Do you think my inquiry is scummy?
Then why did you want to know age if you didn't think it was alignment indicative...? I still don't see how age in particular is related to judging a person's particular posting style. For example, according to MrSuave's information, I'm in the same age range as him. How does that bit of information now help you in analyzing me?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by geekalicious »

iamausername wrote:This vote has a much better reason than my previous vote.
And that reason would be....? Or is it a secret like the previous vote?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:53 am

Post by geekalicious »

Nuwen wrote:
I like iamausername's vote on Geek better than any other vote placed thus far, including my own.
Alright, with iamausername, I have a bit of an inkling why he may be voting for me since he's modded a game for me before. But why do you like the vote so much? And you still didn't answer my question on exactly what an age reveal from a given player (such as myself) tells you.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:11 am

Post by geekalicious »

I've been wondering why you're fishing for information that I feel is irrelevant to the game, Nuwen, and that you admit is alignment non-indicative. Why ask a question if you don't feel that it's pertinent to scum finding? I wanted to give you more of a chance to reply to my line of thought before I deemed your question scummy. So yes, I do feel that it's scummy.

As far as why as iamausername is voting for me, I already noted that he was a mod in a game a played in previously. In that game, I was scum. Since we're still in a semi-random voting phase type area, I felt that might be the reason since he chose not to reveal reasoning when voting. However, I still want to hear his answer on the issue.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by geekalicious »

SophistricDoctrine, you do realize that with 4 votes now on MrSuave, that we're past the point of random voting stage bandwagoning for random reasons?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 am

Post by geekalicious »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Geek wades in with a post that basically tells Nuwen off for collecting fringe info. I think he's missing the point, and possibly taking it personally; if Suave was indeed a hyperactive 13-year-old, that would be useful information, and as such, I think Nuwen's original enquiry of Suave was fine. However, Geek does make a good point that not all people of the same age are equal.
Hm, good point, I do suspect that I started to take it personally.
julienvonwolfe wrote:Interestingly, it does come across as a bit of a Suave defense, come to think of it. Geek, why did you feel the need to contribute this?
Because I felt that Nuwen was fishing for irrelevant information on a player and that made me suspicious enough to ask her about it.
Nuwen wrote:4. Geek commits to a stance and says Nuwen is scummy for fishing out information that isn't indicative of alignment (here's were Geek becomes scummy - not because he believes I'm scummy, but because he's opportunistically using an alignment neutral action as fuel for a case)
How am I opportunistically using information at this point? I've just been trying to ask you questions on why you asked another player a particular question. If you had actually replied to my initial question instead of "declining" as I recall you putting it (in my eyes, a nice rephrasing for "avoiding the question"), then my suspicion level on you wouldn't be nearly as high.

I'm suspicious about the MrSuave wagon at this point. Yes, his posting style is excitable and annoying, but I don't really see what he's done so scummy at this point to deserve 5 votes even if it is a random voting stage wagon. The only tell I see so far is his avoiding MacavityLock's question for so long.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by geekalicious »

julienvonwolfe wrote:And why did it make you suspicious?
I was suspicious because I started trying to figure out how Nuwen would use the information in hypothetical situations. If she had found out he was a hyperactive kid, would that make her less likely to vote for him if he really is scum relating his excitable posts to age? Or, hypothetically proposing that Nuwen is scum and MrSuave is her partner, would she similarly make use of the information in order to deflect attention away from her partner on the basis of his age causing his erratic posting style rather than nervousness at being scum? Though she said that the issue was alignment irrelative, I could still see the information holding at least some bit of sway.
Nuwen wrote:You're still asserting that what I did was more likely to be scum than town, right?
I'm not quite sure what action you're referring to in this question. If you're talking about your action of question evasion, then yes, I do find that making you more likely to be scum than town.

And xRECKONERx, using emoticons as scum tells? Come on, that doesn't generally make sense. There are just some players that use way too many emoticons and exclamation marks for their own good. Perhaps for you personally it's a good tell of you being scum, but I can't see using it as a general tell.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 am

Post by geekalicious »

iamausername wrote:Reckoner is my strongest town read right now.
I'm really wondering about this statement by iamausername, so let's go through xRECKONERx's posts up until the time he said this.

Post 32 - xRECKONERx random votes for iamausername.
Post 35 - High fives MacavityLock for voting for iamausername, going "EARLY BANDWAGON FTW"
Post 47 -When MrSuave complains about hoopla still pushing for a bandwagon on him, xRECKONERx unvotes and advocates push a RVS wagon on MrSuave instead.
Post 63 -Claims to be scum, then asks for reactions, a tactic that had already been used by I think two other players before.
Post 85 -This is basically a content empty post where xRECKONERx states that he's happy with his votes on MrSuave.
Post 119 -Starts the thread of thought where he starts talking about using emoticons as scum tells, something I still find strange.

So.... Really, look at each of the posts, all I see are pushes for RVS bandwagons, a scum claim, and stating the use of emoticons as scumtells. Honestly, what in the world is striking you as pro-town about any of this, iamausername?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:17 am

Post by geekalicious »

Nuwen wrote:Geek, what do you think of Reckoner's vote on Tubby and Tubby himself?

Hi Hoopla.
Not sure exactly what to think of xRECKONERx's vote on tubby216 right now. x seems to be moving his vote in the game a lot. However, tubby216 has been lurking and hardly contributing, so I don't necesarilly think it's scummy.

And hello, Symbol. Care to explain any of your voting/ FoS-ing reasoning?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Symbol,
1. You have absolutely no analysis with your posts. Scummy.
2. If you're going to put something like this for example:
Symbol wrote:Nuwen. Isos. 2, 9, 11.
where you just post the numbers, then at least make the numbers hyperlinks. It is going to be painful to go back through the thread and find each of these posts the way that you've labeled them.
3. Then, at the end of your post when you've finally done some sort of explanation for your previous reasoning, you slap your vote on iamausername with no explanation. WTF?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Symbol wrote:
Since Nuwen squandered her chance to post a reaction I could twist into lynch material, I guess I'll lay out my beef with her right now.
I don't like the tone I get from this. You were deliberately seeking material you could "twist"?
iamausername wrote:I guess I should explain. If there is one thing that scum don't like, it is townies figuring out who else is town. When I declared that Reckoner was my strongest town read, I did so entirely to see how people would react (which is not to say it wasn't true, but "strongest" is a relative term; I didn't have any strong town reads at the time). So, when geek, who I already had down as fairly suspicious, freaks the hell out about it, I am feeling very confident that I am onto something here.

I mean, I can see that town might disagree with a town read on Reckoner, I can see that town might ask me to explain my read, but taking it to the extent of going point by point through every one of Reckoner's posts to try to prove that I cannot possibly have the read that I say I have, I am struggling to see how that is anything but a scum reaction.
Not seeing exactly how I freaked out about the situation. I deliberately posted what xRECKONERx had done up until that point in the game to see if you could point to something concrete that had given you a town feel on him rather than just a general vibe.
iamusername wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to explain it in more words than 'gut'. I think it might be more based on how everyone else has reacted to your posts than your posts in themselves. I'm not seeing any potential scum partner reactions there, while there are some potential "scum looking for easy target" reactions.
Also, note that here you explain your pinging xRECKONERx for strongest town vibe because of gut feeling. In your most recent post, however, you admit that you did so "entirely" to see how others would react (while appending a vague explanation about what you mean by "strongest"), thus contradicting yourself.

You know what?
unvote
Vote: iamausername

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”