Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Toro »

I FOUND SCUM WITH MY ULTIMATE COP POWERZ ON NIGHT ZERO!!!

Vote: Toro
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Toro »

xRECKONERx wrote:I'm scum.

Your reaction?
*GASP*
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Toro »

MacavityLock wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Why are you so keen to claim?
Vote: Hoopla

Rolefishing.
How are you reading that as rolefishing?
/smashes head through wall to butt into convo

I'm not reading that as rolefishing at all, as from reading Mr Suave's post it seems that he's asking us if he should claim or not. Though in this time he's probably either thought up a fake claim or is just preparing to post his claim.
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Toro »

MacavityLock wrote:
Toro wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Why are you so keen to claim?
Vote: Hoopla

Rolefishing.
How are you reading that as rolefishing?
/smashes head through wall to butt into convo

I'm not reading that as rolefishing at all, as from reading Mr Suave's post it seems that he's asking us if he should claim or not. Though in this time he's probably either thought up a fake claim or is just preparing to post his claim.
While I agree with Toro in principle here, something feels off about this post. It's quite a bit of coaching for 2 sentences. I'm just not sure if Toro is trying to coach Reck, Suave, or both.
I get where you're coming from thinking it's coaching, but I'm just posting my PoV really.
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Toro »

julienvonwolfe wrote:
Nuwen wrote:I like most of julien's post. He articulates well the issue: Nuwen asked for fringe information, Geek asked Nuwen why Nuwen wanted fringe information, Nuwen held off answering until Geek said Nuwen was scummy. I have a different read on why that back and forth resolved the way it did, however:

1. I took care to explain that I didn't think age was relevant to alignment. This is key. Because I emphasized that the information would contribute to a personality baseline,
not act as case material
, trying to call that act scummy is scummy unto itself. Geek is painting an alignment-neutral action in a negative light.

2. The difference between Nuwen's qualms with Geek and Geek's qualms with Nuwen:
  1. Nuwen asks for alignment-independent info.
  2. Geek inquires why (alignment independent
    so far
    ) Nuwen wants info if it won't be used to hunt scum.
  3. Nuwen wonders aloud why Geek cares, since the information won't be used in a case (this is the regression that julien pointed out, where our problems with each other seem identical)
  4. Geek commits to a stance and says Nuwen is scummy for fishing out information that isn't indicative of alignment (here's were Geek becomes scummy - not because he believes I'm scummy, but because he's opportunistically using an alignment neutral action as fuel for a case)
The reasoning is confusing and seems similar. The timing is important. In retrospect, it appears that Geek was looking for a foothold with which he could build a case.
I'll wait to see what Geek says before giving any more of my own thoughts. Your position is reasonable, though.

Now, for all, here's how Suave plays as scum:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

Based on this game alone I feel like policy-lynching the bugger for being unreadable, at least to me. I ended up thinking the whole game that he was newb-town, but he ended up being newb-scum.

However, this is a bit irrational on my part, so instead I'm just going to keep a close eye on Suave, and not make the same mistake again. I have learnt that noobiness plus hyperactive gerbil posting doesn't always equal town, and so will be much more willing for a Suave lynch this time. Basically, to get my eye off him, he'll have to be onto it with his voting patterns and scumhunting techniques.
Lynching him because he's unreadable? Are you serious? So what you're saying is that if you can't get a read on him, he deserves to die? You're f**king kidding me.
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Toro »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Surely you noticed how I followed that statement with 'but that's irrational..."?

The reason that I couldn't get a read was because of the "newbie vs scum" conumdrum. Now that he's no longer a newb, he doesn't have any excuse for scummy behaviour.
Reading the entire post, not my strong suit apparently. :lol:
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”