Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Messiah

I've got faith in this wagon.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Peabody wrote:
unvote; vote cooldog

I'll explain why later... It's 3 am.
You better. You jumped off the wagon, just as it was gathering steam.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:42 am

Post by milkshake »

unvote, vote: Messiah
. I guess I did forget to unvote...
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:26 am

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

Unvote, Vote: Hoopla
because I still don't get his messiah obsession and if he does have any real info, he should tell us and not encrypt it.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
Townie: 1-2
In Progress: 2 alive
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:22 am

Post by milkshake »

if he does have any real info, he should tell us and not encrypt it.
I agree that we might not be getting anywhere unless Hoopla shares her information or (if it is in the town's best interest) makes a concious decision not to share her information.

However, I do not agree with the Hoopla vote. Although her playstyle is unusual it can't really be interpretted as scummy.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Sposh »

I really think Messiah is a good lynch for today! Thought it would be nice to see the encrypted information too.
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:13 am

Post by hiphop »

Sposh wrote:I really think Messiah is a good lynch for today!
Why?
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Sposh »

Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard, I just think either he has to be scum
or
scum was on that wagon... I'm confident one of either CooLDoG or Messiah is scum!

charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:35 am

Post by charlatan »

We're moving quickly now! Sorry if I wall up a bit, but I've got two pages to catch up on. I'll respond as I do.
Messiah wrote: Yes, I agree that it stood out; and I did ask a question to go along with it.
I don't consider you to have really asked a question. You did in a technical sense but were basically echoing the question that was already on the table from when NAW asked about it.
Messiah wrote: I wasn't backpedaling, I legitimately misinterpreted what milkshake meant due to the word having more than one common meaning. Is the sentence you put in apostrophes suppose to be some kind of paraphrase?
Yeah, I was basically paraphrasing, but you shouldn't take me too seriously when I do that. Basically I don't buy that you misinterpreted that post, because all definitions aside it seemed clear in context that milkshake wasn't even talking about in-game alignment. Saying "peabody annoys me" has nothing to do with whether or not he's scum and everything to do with his personality and/or playstyle, so "apparently innocent" doesn't even make sense if milkshake were talking about him being town-aligned versus him basically not seeming like a jerk.

------

Happy Birthday, NAW. By all means, play drunk. It works for Zorblag.

------
hiphop wrote:
charlatan wrote:On a more serious note, do you think Hoopla's confusing-but-excellent-random-voting-shake-the-boat technique (I'm hoping the name catches on) actually made her more likely to be scum, or did you see erratic play and decide it'd be a safe place to drop a vote?
You said confusing right? Why would a town want confusion? I did not vote for her for either reason. I voted because she refuses in a silent kind of way, to not to answer my questions.
I don't think confusion helps the town, but I do think town are more open to seeing where strange play leads, whereas I would expect scum to vote based on it quickly. As for her dodging of questions, that's far more legit IMHO.

charlatan wrote: Why is everybody attacking Messiah, when CooLDoG did the exact same thing? He asked a question. Sposh started the bw on Messiah, because he did not ask a question, when he did. I hate it when people attack one person for a certain action, when other people do the exact same thing.
I wouldn't agree that CooLDoG did the same thing at all. The placement of prior votes does make a difference. He made an effort to explain his vote and said he wanted to see a bandwagon form for pressure. While saying you want pressure means your vote is useless for pressure, I think that's more ineffective play than it is scummy.
hiphop wrote:
charlatan wrote:
Minor FoS: CooLDoG
for piling on, but I don't think early-game bandwagons are necessarily a bad thing.
Why the FOS than?
It was too early to tell if this bandwagon was a bad one. Right now I don't think it is.

-------

I actually tried to decode Hoopla's message and failed (I suck at that anyways.) If it's one letter per word that must be quite the long message. I'm hesitant to believe that someone started the game with information that definitively pointed to Messiah as scum so early in the game. For now I'm gonna roll with it because I like the Messiah bandwagon right now, but I will not at all support a lynch without us knowing what this is all about. And a lot more discussion before that, even.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Messiah »

Sposh wrote:Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard, I just think either he has to be scum or scum was on that wagon...
Please point out where I voted for you.
charlatan wrote:I don't consider you to have really asked a question. You did in a technical sense but were basically echoing the question that was already on the table from when NAW asked about it.
It may have already been on the table but milkshake hadn't given it a real answer at that point.
It's times like this..
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Empking »

Sposh wrote:Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard,
That's a good enough reason for a lynch?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

well sorry about not posting, I had about a 24-hour halo3 odst "bash" and thus my eyes tend to droop and so forth, will be back later to day, when my wrists also don't hurt.
after a wank.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Sposh »

Messiah wrote:
Sposh wrote:Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard, I just think either he has to be scum or scum was on that wagon...
Please point out where I voted for you.
Sorry, not me... I meant milkshake. This is the post in question.

Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Messiah »

@Sposh: How was my reason a double-standard?
It's times like this..
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Peabody »

will post soon.

sorry
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 am

Post by hiphop »

charlatan wrote:It was too early to tell if this bandwagon was a bad one. Right now I don't think it is.
Wait. So you agree with the bw on milkshake. If that is the case why didn't you pile on?
charlatan wrote:I'm hesitant to believe that someone started the game with information that definitively pointed to Messiah as scum so early in the game. For now I'm gonna roll with it because I like the Messiah bandwagon right now, but I will not at all support a lynch without us knowing what this is all about. And a lot more discussion before that, even.
First of all you shouldn't be hestitant, because it didn't happen. I believe Hoopla is encouraging people to vote on the bw for one of two reasons. One of them I won't share (unless she wants me to) because it would ruin the idea of this bw. The other reason, is because she could of picked up a scum slip in the thread already. She doesn't want to display it without people commiting.

I find this paragraph scummy. You are hesitant to believe the reason the bw is there and yet you still want it to be around. Isn't this almost contradictory?
unvote
vote charlatan

Empking wrote:
Sposh wrote:Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard,
That's a good enough reason for a lynch?
I doubt that this bw would head for a lynch. In my experience most of the time, early bws dissipate.
Peabody wrote:will post soon.
First of all, I find that voting without giving a reason is suspicious. Why vote then, if you don't have the time to give a reason? Second of all, why come back on this site, if you don't have the time to give us that reason?
fos Peabody
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:36 am

Post by CooLDoG »

ok, my eyes now no longer droop, or fog speraticaly. And I can now type with out pain!

one thing that strikes me is this, we get almost four posts in a row hoping votes with little to no explination, this strikes me as odd. I find hiphops reasons for fosing peaboy to be valid. With his seemingly speratic vote along with milks odd post about him being innocent I am beffing not to like the pair togethser.

FOS:peaboy, and have vote still on milkshake, but this may change
after a wank.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:37 am

Post by milkshake »

You are hesitant to believe the reason the bw is there and yet you still want it to be around. Isn't this almost contradictory?
Maybe it's almost contradictory... but honestly it's what I'm doing too. I'm losing confidence that Hoopla will have any worthwhile info in her secret little message, but I think that the only way we're going to get anywhere in Day 1 is to pile on to somebody and make something (whatever that something is) happen.

Then we can build real arguments from what happens instead of, well, "finding paragraphs scummy." :P
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Hoopla »

milkshake wrote:
You are hesitant to believe the reason the bw is there and yet you still want it to be around. Isn't this almost contradictory?
Maybe it's almost contradictory... but honestly it's what I'm doing too. I'm losing confidence that Hoopla will have any worthwhile info in her secret little message, but I think that the only way we're going to get anywhere in Day 1 is to pile on to somebody and make something (whatever that something is) happen.

Then we can build real arguments from what happens instead of, well, "finding paragraphs scummy." :P
There are plenty of role-based ways information can be generated. Unconfirmed masons and neighbours, and day-cops off the top of my head. Although, I'm not ready to say if my information is generated from my role.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:43 am

Post by milkshake »

There are plenty of role-based ways information can be generated. Unconfirmed masons and neighbours, and day-cops off the top of my head.
Yay! Information! *begins to dance*
Although, I'm not ready to say if my information is generated from my role.
Oh... :(

...What about information generated from any old role then?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

milkshake wrote:
There are plenty of role-based ways information can be generated. Unconfirmed masons and neighbours, and day-cops off the top of my head.
Yay! Information! *begins to dance*
Oh... :(

...What about information generated from any old role then?
Not really liking this post :cry: . He is info hungry yet he does not do anything to scum hunt. He is almost asking for all pro-town power roles to claim. Who in the right mind will tell you that they are a power role before the end of six pages.

Also does hoopla imply that he/she (too lazy to look...) is a day-time power role. Because if she does have info from his/her role then that would force him/her to be a day-time role.

All of this typing makes my wrists hurt again, might be back after I eat and let the pain drain from my wrists.
after a wank.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:56 am

Post by milkshake »

He is almost asking for all pro-town power roles to claim.
Yeah... that's it. :roll:
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:58 am

Post by milkshake »

Also does hoopla imply that he/she (too lazy to look...) is a day-time power role. Because if she does have info from his/her role then that would force him/her to be a day-time role.
Maybe this will help you with the rest of your post too...
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:Maybe it's almost contradictory... but honestly it's what I'm doing too. I'm losing confidence that Hoopla will have any worthwhile info in her secret little message, but I think that the only way we're going to get anywhere in Day 1 is to pile on to somebody and make something
(whatever that something is)
happen.
You are doing it too. :shock: I think the part that is bolded explains it all. You don't know what you are aiming for, and yet you want a bw. For all you know the bw could give the scum the win.
milkshake wrote:Then we can build real arguments from what happens instead of, well, "finding paragraphs scummy." :P
How do you know you can build real arguments? You don't even know what you are aiming for.
Hoopla wrote:There are plenty of role-based ways information can be generated. Unconfirmed masons and neighbours, and day-cops off the top of my head. Although, I'm not ready to say if my information is generated from my role.
I sincerely doubt that any role-based information, besides a day role can be generated, until day 2.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”