hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 am

Post by hohum »

Amished wrote:@hohum: Fine, ISO 7 is why I think you're scum. What points of Sciens did you like? Clearly you still like Dram to lynch, so say more to that effect?
I've been giving reasoning for my dramonic vote for the last few pages. I can't help it you're not paying attention.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:42 am

Post by hohum »

hohum wrote:
Amished wrote:@hohum: Fine, ISO 7 is why I think you're scum. What points of Sciens did you like? Clearly you still like Dram to lynch, so say more to that effect?
I've been giving reasoning for my dramonic vote for the last few pages. I can't help it you're not paying attention.
To expand on this answer: I liked where scien was headed with his case on dramonic. The point he made about basically catching Dramonic in a lie is a huge, raging clue. I agree with him on this point in every way possible and didn't feel the need to expand on that too much. Instead I chose to direct some of my attention on charter instead.

Regarding Scien specifically: This new cuddly behavior is quite unlike his usual play style but that doesn't necessarily make him scummy, it simply warrants closer attention to detail in his posts. I'm quite positive that I'll have a concrete read on him after D1 is over with so I'm giving him a wide birth with which to work here.

A charter or dramonic flip will also reveal quite a lot about scien's alignment.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Amished »

@hohum: so you strictly adhere to the LAL? Or just in this case you think his lie was a scum lie?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:52 am

Post by hohum »

Amished wrote:@hohum: so you strictly adhere to the LAL? Or just in this case you think his lie was a scum lie?
I don't strictly adhere to any policy lynches. Policy lynches are only useful when the town can't reach a lynch consensus on their own. Are you implying that I'm pushing for a policy lynch on dramonic?

A scum tell is a scum tell. He lied, period. There's also a multitude of other reasons why dramonic needs to be lynched.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:18 am

Post by dramonic »

hohum wrote:Aggressive is the One True Way(tm) to out scum. This passive-aggressive bullshit play of yours is going to get you lynched.
Just like you jumping down everyone's throat and saying half the players aren't paying attention to your post will get you lynched.
Grab your balls and go after someone instead of sitting on the sidelines playing victim all the time.
I'm not playing victim, I'm being voted over ridiculous, feeble assumption on Scien's part. That little LAL policy is a bunch of crap, anyone with half a decent mind knows it. I did not lie and that's all there is to it.
If you don't think charter makes a good lynch you need to explain why.

Oh, so I'm the one not paying attention to posts here? I already explained in post 11, 15 and 22.
If you think I'm the better lynch target then you need to make a case on me which needs to be based on something other than vague accusatory statements and a non-lurker lurker wagon.
Yeah, it's pretty vague to say "you put someone at L-1 on like, page 3", isn't it? Oh wait no, it's not.

Moreover, you DO need to pay attention to the thread, and I will call you out on it if you continue to skim. You can't possibly make a decent case on someone if you refuse to pay attention to the thread. This is scummy even in the best of light.
I love the selective bandwagonning here. I suppose since you don't miss a thing you must be aware there are others who intentionally avoid your post, but that's fine, huh?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:28 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Vote Count 1.7

*Hohum-2 (Amished, dramonic )
Charter-2 (Scien, VP Balter)
VP Balter-1 (Charter)
Dramonic-1 (Hohum)

Not voting
:KittyMo.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by hohum »

dramonic wrote:
hohum wrote:Aggressive is the One True Way(tm) to out scum. This passive-aggressive bullshit play of yours is going to get you lynched.
Just like you jumping down everyone's throat and saying half the players aren't paying attention to your post will get you lynched.
I call them like I see them.
dramonic wrote:
Grab your balls and go after someone instead of sitting on the sidelines playing victim all the time.
I'm not playing victim, I'm being voted over ridiculous, feeble assumption on Scien's part. That little LAL policy is a bunch of crap, anyone with half a decent mind knows it. I did not lie and that's all there is to it.
If you think the only reason I'm voting you is because you lied in thread then you're still not paying attention.

dramonic wrote:
If you don't think charter makes a good lynch you need to explain why.

Oh, so I'm the one not paying attention to posts here? I already explained in post 11, 15 and 22.
Yes but so much has happened since then. Why are you simply ignoring everything else? Do you think it's pro-town to stand by convictions you had in the first 2 pages of the game and turn a blind eye to everything else?
dramonic wrote:
If you think I'm the better lynch target then you need to make a case on me which needs to be based on something other than vague accusatory statements and a non-lurker lurker wagon.
Yeah, it's pretty vague to say "you put someone at L-1 on like, page 3", isn't it? Oh wait no, it's not.
So you're arguing my lynch based on a game theory disagreement. That's better than a policy lynch how?

dramonic wrote:
Moreover, you DO need to pay attention to the thread, and I will call you out on it if you continue to skim. You can't possibly make a decent case on someone if you refuse to pay attention to the thread. This is scummy even in the best of light.
I love the selective bandwagonning here. I suppose since you don't miss a thing you must be aware there are others who intentionally avoid your post, but that's fine, huh?
[/quote]

s/others/other/

Further, he's already been scolded by me and several others for that, so what precisely is the problem here?

This thread needs more dramonic lynching please.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by charter »

I would advise against putting hohum at L-1 anyone. If he's there and makes another post like that, I'll probably hammer in a knee jerk reaction to the sheer awfulness his post is chock full of.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by hohum »

Charter: You sure do waffle a lot. In the space of 3 pages you've gone from saying I'm scummy to saying you have a town read on me and now I'm back to scum again.

Which is it? You have a bad read on me or you don't. It can't be both and it can't be either or when it suits your whims.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry, guys, I'm just too sick and can't take this game. I have the worst headaches ever, severe abdominal pain, and am too weak to do any sports, so I'm not going to be any good at scumhunting. I'm finally going to see a doctor tomorrow, so hopefully I'll find out if I'm anemic or whatever the hell is wrong with me. Sorry for wasting all of your time, and I hope you have a great rest of the game without me. <3
~ Kitty
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Looking for a replacement for KittyMo.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by charter »

hohum wrote:Charter: You sure do waffle a lot. In the space of 3 pages you've gone from saying I'm scummy to saying you have a town read on me and now I'm back to scum again.

Which is it? You have a bad read on me or you don't. It can't be both and it can't be either or when it suits your whims.
No, I said I'd hammer you cause you're an idiot. OMG NOT READING THE THREADZ. ZOMGZ YOURE SCUM.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by hohum »

charter wrote:
hohum wrote:Charter: You sure do waffle a lot. In the space of 3 pages you've gone from saying I'm scummy to saying you have a town read on me and now I'm back to scum again.

No, I said I'd hammer you cause you're an idiot. OMG NOT READING THE THREADZ. ZOMGZ YOURE SCUM.
And you're childish. You act like you're 12, not 22. Grow up.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by charter »

Whatever makes you sleep at night :roll:
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by hohum »

charter wrote: Cause bandwagons are awesome. The bigger the better.
charter wrote: I also find hohum suspicious for putting dramonic in a position of great vulnerability so soon
Do you find hypocrisy to be a useful tool?
charter wrote: That being said, I do find dramonic suspicious (hasn't said anything yet this game), but enough for a lynch on page two? Please.
charter (referring to me) wrote: Wait a few pages and lets lynch him.
charter (again, referring to me) wrote: I'm not very sure of him being scum. I don't really care to hear more from him. Not sure of his role. If he keeps posting like that, and is town,
… A few other times where he has specifically said he no longer thinks I'm scummy, cut for brevity.
charter wrote:No, I said I'd hammer you cause you're an idiot. OMG NOT READING THE THREADZ. ZOMGZ YOURE SCUM.
This can only be interpreted one way: "Let's lynch hohum, I don't care if he's scum or not"

He's clearly aware that we only get one mislynch. He had to explain the mechanics of the setup to me.

… back to that whole hypocrisy thing again:
charter wrote: I also find hohum suspicious for putting dramonic in a position of great vulnerability so soon
Should we not find you suspicious for declaring your intention to hammer me?

You're definitely back in the scum column in my notes.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by dramonic »

Hohum wrote: If you think the only reason I'm voting you is because you lied in thread then you're still not paying attention.
Correct me if I'm wrong, you've given four reasons for wanting me dead
1. The "lie"
2. Deflection (You say that, but you haven't provided any post so that I may refute)
3. Chainsaw-defense (see above, but more)
4. Distancing himself from a mislynch (The two most probable lynches right now are me and you. Your arguement doesn't hold. What mislynch am I distancing myself from? again, see above)
You say I'm manufacturing cases (or some similar expression) but you're doing exactly that.
Yes but so much has happened since then. Why are you simply ignoring everything else? Do you think it's pro-town to stand by convictions you had in the first 2 pages of the game and turn a blind eye to everything else?
Was referring to ISO 12, 15 and 22, which spread to page 7 if I'm not mistaken.
So you're arguing my lynch based on a game theory disagreement. That's better than a policy lynch how?
It's not theory disagreement, you'll ill find someone who thinking putting wagons at l-1 on page three, not even one day in the game, is anything protown. But if it can make you happier, you can add pure hypocrisy to my reasons to want to vote you.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by charter »

dramonic, what's your read of Balter?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

While I think he's being kinda protown, the fact he's so unphazed by the idea of a really early L-1 and how he seems to be buddying to me rubs me the wrong way. Feels like he's trying to build up town-cred in case I'm lynched.
I'm a hoot
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by charter »

Argh, this is going to be tough.

Amished, your read on Balter?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by hohum »

dramonic wrote:
Hohum wrote: If you think the only reason I'm voting you is because you lied in thread then you're still not paying attention.
Correct me if I'm wrong, you've given four reasons for wanting me dead
1. The "lie"
Correct.
dramonic wrote:2. Deflection (You say that, but you haven't provided any post so that I may refute)
I'm specifically referring to post 192 here. You're trying (and it's a rather transparent effort too) to pull Scien's attention away from charter by feeding Kitty, Amish Ed or VP to him (basically almost anyone but charter)
dramonic wrote:4. Distancing himself from a mislynch (The two most probable lynches right now are me and you. Your arguement doesn't hold. What mislynch am I distancing myself from? again, see above)
You don't seem to understand the basic fundamentals of this game. Any time anyone decides to try and run a case up on someone it has the potential to end in a lynch. In context (with everything else) it appears as if you're hedging your bet (if charter flips town) and you're just simply chainsaw defending your partner (if he flips scum).

Basically: stop defending charter. It makes you look scummy as fuck either way he flips.
draconic wrote:You say I'm manufacturing cases (or some similar expression) but you're doing exactly that.
Sorry, but "NO U" is not a valid defense.
draconic wrote: 3. Chainsaw-defense (see above, but more)
dramonic wrote:
hohum wrote:Yes but so much has happened since then. Why are you simply ignoring everything else? Do you think it's pro-town to stand by convictions you had in the first 2 pages of the game and turn a blind eye to everything else?
Was referring to ISO 12, 15 and 22, which spread to page 7 if I'm not mistaken.
Fine. I can accept this; however, you've taken this quote out of context but I'll go ahead and add it back. You're referring to the notion that I put fourth that your defense of charter is ill founded. The fact that you quoted it is proof in of itself that you are defending charter, which effectively moots point 3 above.
hohum wrote:
hohum wrote:If you don't think charter makes a good lynch you need to explain why.

Yes but so much has happened since then. Why are you simply ignoring everything else? Do you think it's pro-town to stand by convictions you had in the first 2 pages of the game and turn a blind eye to everything else?[/quote]

dramonic wrote:
hohum wrote: So you're arguing my lynch based on a game theory disagreement. That's better than a policy lynch how?
It's not theory disagreement, you'll ill find someone who thinking putting wagons at l-1 on page three, not even one day in the game, is anything protown. But if it can make you happier, you can add pure hypocrisy to my reasons to want to vote you.
It is a theory disagreement. The way one conducts one's self on a wagon has a everything to do with game theory. I scum hunt the way I do because it works for me and frankly, I don't give a shit how anti-town you think it is. You're just… simply.. wrong..

Not only are you dead fucking wrong here, I challenge you to push a lynch wagon on me based on my views of how to play this game, because it isn't going to bode well for you at all when I flip, and hopefully it will teach how to properly deal with people who have a different play style than you do in your next game.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by hohum »

screwed up that middle quote tag. The outer quote is supposed to be dramonic, but quote tag fail not withstanding.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Amished »

@Charter: He's not in my top 2 scum suspects currently. That's as far as I'm willing to go with that.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by hohum »

I almost didn't notice that you forgot to add the fact that you're not paying attention whatsoever to the thread as one of my list of reasons to vote you, dramonic.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 am

Post by dramonic »

Well I could respond "yes I am!" but that's not a quantifiable measure.
Also, I'm saying I'm pretty sure Charter is town, I'm not chainsaw defending him. I haven't attacked anyone for attacking him.
I'm a hoot
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:41 am

Post by charter »

dramonic/Amished/Kittymo's replacement, would you guys vote Scien? Do you think he's scum?

At this point, he's probably my second choice for lynching. He's still clinging to a dramonic vote, which wasn't valid in the first place. He hasn't mentioned hardly anyone but dramonic or myself.

Return to “Completed Open Games”