VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote Cobalt

Let's get a serious wagon going as soon as possible to ensure that we don't waste any posts. My guess is that the scum in this game are going to be interested in pulling people into arguments that require a lot of posting, especially if anyone becomes a major threat to them.

That being said, people shouldn't be too silent in an effort to save their posts for late game either, otherwise we are going to just end up staring at each other until deadline and then be forced to rush a lynch. Since this game is the BaM ruleset and the days are pretty short, we could probably figure out the math of what the average number of posts per day a person can have and still generally be ok if they are alive for a 5 or 6 day game (assuming the total amount of posts available isn't too disparate).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think we should hold off on giving post numbers at this moment. It gives the scum an opportunity to lie and use it as an excuse to lurk later. What we should do is wait until later in the game when we have definite scum suspects and make them claim first. That way, if they try to lie about their post numbers (ie, having very few posts left) and everyone else has a substantially higher number of posts, it may be telling (or it might not be, just a thought).

Basically, I see no distinct advantage to claiming post numbers now, and waiting until later may provide a disincentive for scum to lie when they have to claim.

Also, make the most use of your posts.
Unvote, Vote: Locke Lamora
The wheels on the wagon go round and round!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

No one is going to run out on day 1 cobalt. You're eagerness to hear numbers is scummy. I knew i should have trusted my gut.
Unvote, Revote:Cobalt
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You have no idea how much self control it takes to not say anything when an awful wagon builds on you.

Kmd-why did you say I was "wasting" my posts when there were people who had posted as much or more than me at that point? Also, you say you "don't see the benefit" to post cap claiming, but you do not seem to be trying to stop people from doing it. Why is that?

LL-I explained why I think revealing posts now is scummy, so why did you vote me by saying I had not? Also, why did you say I posted 3 times when I only posted twice?

starry night-do you have any original thoughts, or just "I agree" thoughts?

Sens speaks sense in his post.
GR wrote:How can you trust your gut on Cobalt when your original vote was first post and a seemingly random vote. Pre-game gut???
I wasn't voting him based on gut. Your question doesn't make any sense. Nor does vagueries such as this:
GR wrote:His play is ringing a bit fake, maybe too overeager
What is "overeager" about my play?

Cobalt, I don't understand why town would need a fakeclaim...though you claiming you have one doesn't seem like a scum move. Anyone else want to claim they have a fakeclaim?

Ftr, I still don't think claiming posts is a great idea at this time, but I'll do it in my next post if everyone else wants.
fuzzylightning wrote:VP's actions seemed a bit hasty, especially with the quick revote of a "random vote." As has been pointed out by many, there are more pros than cons on the post count claiming.
This is vague nonsense. What was "hasty" about my actions? what was the scum motivation for me voting Cobalt? What do you see the pros and cons of claiming post caps?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@GR- I voted Cobalt for his "eagerness to hear numbers". The gut in that sentence clearly refers to my random vote, unless of course you are suggesting I had some sort of gut based read on Cobalt before he had even posted in the game.
GR wrote:I would say you jumping on Cobalt for something that is hardly close to a scumtell and saying you "should have trusted your gut" when it's like 3 posts into the game qualifies as a bit "overeager". I have no problems with jumping on minor things early game to get things rolling, but your play strikes me as you trying to overplay the gravity of Cobalt's actions and make it appear far worse than it was in actuality.
Would you have preferred that we all have five pages of RVS going "ZOMG YOU ARE SCUM CAUSE YOUR AVATAR...LULZ" before we start making serious accusations? Do you think that is helpful in the format of this game?

This is probably my last post until tomorrow. I don't like how much fuzzy is posting given how few posts he claims to have. Cobalt's last two posts make no sense to me. I don't know what to think about Sens' potential information, if it's true then we should be lynching Cobalt for having a fakeclaim. Notice how he didn't say he was town, just that he wasn't mafia.
cobalt wrote:I have a mod-provided fake claim ability and am not mafia.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Cobalt's logic this whole game is horribad, but I don't think he is worth lynching over it because I think he is probably just a VI. Goatrevolt is correct that we should not be outguessing the mod, particularly this mod. In my original statement about Sens' information I said
if
its true then we should consider lynching Cobalt. We have no information to indicate that it is true other than Sens' word at this point, so I don't think it's worth getting up in arms over.

That being said, Cobalt's sensitivity to being voted should be noted, nor do I like his attempt to divert town away from any potential 3rd party by saying its no concern of town or the fact that he is spending a ton of posts to say essentially nothing. His defense is a bit much for the mild pressure that is on him, though I don't have any experience with him, so I can't say if this is coming from scum or town.

Right now I think I'm better served to
Unvote, Vote: a cold starry night

His contributions haven't been helpful at all and I think he is spurring on arguments rather than scumhunting. Notice how he has a low post cap and spends them on this:
"Oh ok"
"This is where I pat you on the head and watch you get lynched in a page or two."

wtf?

I agree with Sens that Cobalt's softclaims are complete BS, especially after he already said that he has a fakeclaim. I have no knowledge of the theme, so his claim means nothing. Also, if you were so powerful, why would you claim so readily? And if you have fakeclaims to protect how awesomely powerful you are, why not use one of those first? That doens't make sense to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

GR wrote:He attacked VP Baltar because VP Baltar wanted to lynch him because Baltar thought he was 3rd party despite that not being relevant to the town win condition.
I did? please quote. What actually happened is that you and cobalt took all kinds of inferences from one line where I said if Sens is telling the truth, Cobalt should probably be lynched and then extrapolated them into a grand theory about how I'm psychotically trying to get cobalt lynched. Your ridiculously over the top defense of Cobalt is starting to grate on me though.

Sens makes valid points about a Lyncher. Cobalt attempts to deflect these with outguess the mod "what if the lynchee is mafia". I'm sure Goat thinks this is a good argument.

Happy Birthday, Sens!

DDD is probably scum judging from his general lack of commenting on anything. I also dont' think I've ever seen him as town in the many games I have played with him. :)

Sotty and Locke need to contribute something useful or die.

I would also appreciate if people made better uses of their posts instead of getting into stupid "Nah uh" arguments.

This is my second post for the day, and I told myself I would try to not use any more than that in one day, so unless something urgent comes up, I am probably going to be done for the day and will address any questions to me tomorrow.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh, and Juls, I was sleeping. Even legends need rest some times ;)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VP wrote:if you were so powerful, why would you claim so readily? And if you have fakeclaims to protect how awesomely powerful you are, why not use one of those first? That doens't make sense to me.
^Please answer these Cobalt.
LL wrote:Do you think that the advantages for town stated by Cobalt are simply incorrect?
Yes, frankly, but it doesn't much matter now that most people have claimed theirs. I still think it would be easier for scum to lie up front about posts rather than later.
LL wrote:how do you reconcile Cobalt being a VI with the strong doubts you express at the end of 78 about the softclaims?
I'm not sure. The two reasons he listed aren't much for reasons toward claiming this early in the game if he's such a major power role. It still doesn't make sense to me, but not much he has said this game has. Right now, I'm more inclined to let him prove his ability by giving posts to a group assigned target over night. That way we can at least tell if he is lying about that or not.

@GR-look up what Ad homs are. There wasn't any ad homs in anything you quoted. I think Cobalt has said some pretty poorly thought out theories so far in this game, and you seem willing to back him on those, that's all I was saying. I'm entitled to my opinion. That being said, you're right about the theory discussion thing and I think it is time we move on. What are your thoughts on A Cold Starry Night?
fuzzy wrote:VP, when you ask me questions, wouldn't it make sense that I answer them? With that said, why would you attack me for posting "a lot" with few posts right after I answer those questions? Why do you believe that Cobalt is a VI?
It would make more sense if you actually made good use of your posts instead of posting 100 words and saying essentially nothing. Defend yourself, sure, but you also have to actively try to figure out who the scum are.

Cobalt is a VI because he says things like "OMG I'M MACKALACKA, THEREFORE I'M OBV TOWN" and "TOWN SHOULDN'T LYNCH THIRD PARTIES".

As far as my playstyle, please tell me what is scummy about questioning players?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

and more ACSN votes, please.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

kmd wrote:VP (78-80), why 3 posts in a row?
It was only 2 as per the rules, but I used two in a row because I had a lot to say. I had tried to condense it to one post, but I found that it lost a lot of what I was trying to explain by doing that. Don't forget that I set myself a limit of two posts per day so that I should be able to make it through to endgame if need be.

@Cobalt-How many fake claims do you have? Also, why would the mod give you a fake claim for the mafia? I have received fakeclaims from Vi before, and that isn't really how she does it as far as I know, nor do I think it is likely that she would allow you to have extra information like that. So, do explain further.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree wholeheartedly with Goat's post 128. Kmd really seems to be phoning in his performance this game and I don't like it.

Cobalt continues his underwhelming performance of nonsense and I really hate the fact that he has spent 25 posts, claimed and done very little of what I consider good scumhunting.

Hey, LL and DDD, do you think I am the best lynch today? If so, please explain why.

Keep in mind that we only have four days until deadline and a unanimous lynch is necessary.

Right now, I think ACSN, DDD or Kmd lynch is a good idea and I would back any of them.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Cobalt wrote:VP: No scumhunting? I already found scum in you, juls, ACSN, and mebbe sens.
Well, from my perspective, you are probably wrong about at least three of those people, so yes, your scumhunting has been non-existant in the sense that it is useless.
Kmd wrote:^Someone other than Cobalt on this wagon is scum.
I agree, I would lynch DDD right now if you want.
kmd wrote:Define "phoning in".
Not actively questioning and pushing cases based on facts. You seem a bit lost.
kmd wrote:Deadline coming up and you want to support 2 lynches that aren't even close to happening?
We have plenty of time to get a wagon going. If we only had 24 hrs left, then I could see your point. Wanna get on the ACSN wagon or DDD?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I hate to spend a post on this, but I really disagree with the argument that we have no time to lynch anyone else apart from cobalt or ACSN.

I want everyone in their next post (including you kmd since you didn't really answer my question) to expressly state, yes or no, if they would be willing to lynch DDD before deadline on Saturday.

I for one would.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

GR wrote:If Cobalt is scum he's freaking stupid.
But not if he's town? Seriously, I don't see how anyone with any kind of experience on MS can think he is making good arguments.
GR wrote:I am not going to wagon DDD before deadline, and also I will be gone that entire Saturday with a friend, so Friday night is the last I will post before deadline.
Do you plan on staying with saberwolf then? We definitely need to work out what our plans are ahead of time. Really we should already be having the intended lynchee claiming in my opinion.

Not much saberwolf has said has been useful or logical...so I'm still good with his lynch at this point. That being said, my only other game with him he played horribly...so I don't know if this is a helpful judge.
saber wrote:just please don't expect me to pull a mastin or AndyTony, as I'm more of the midsize poster
Have you read the rules? There are limits on the size of posts. Please check them out if you haven't already.
Sotty wrote:I am voting VP for the same reason I found you suspicious, the weak unvote of Cobalt while leaving it open to jump back on the wagon if nothing else takes.
That's a hell of an assumption you are making there in terms of intention. Also, if you think Cobalt has done nothing scummy and/or VI-ish this game then you are not the Sotty I know and love.

I am glad to hear, however, that you'd back a DDD wagon, as I am most certain that he is scum on my wagon. (and glad to hear you are feeling better).
sotty wrote:Your posts already make me feel better about that player slot.
What about his posts do you think are pro-townish? Also, were you suspicious of ACSN before?
Cobalt wrote:I'm thinking in light of saberwolf's recent posting ACSN's emotion may have been genuine.
What about his posts do you think is pro-townish? Just that he agrees with you?
kmd wrote:VP didn't slip.
You're trying to get off of my lynch list aren't you? Logic will get you everywhere.
Cobalt wrote:I got a scumhunting feel from DDD's posts, but LL's felt more active lurky.
Really? Check their posts. DDD has literally not asked a single question this game. LL has lurked as well, but at least he has asked a few questions here and there. Please explain how DDD is scumhunting.

Unvote,Vote: DDD
Never too late, Kmd. Let's lynch scum today.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Actually, I was wondering that myself Mod. Doesn't the BaM ruleset dictate no replacements?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok folks, let's get this thing moving. We are picking our lynchee today.

Choices are:

VP
Cobalt
saberwolf
DDD

I know DDD doesn't have many votes, but I think adequate interest has been shown there and I implore anyone to look at his posts and see if it doesn't look like scum coasting.

If you are not voting for one of these people, then it is time to move your vote immediately. Not doing so is a sign that you are scum hoping for a no lynch.

Mod, I don't know if it is due or not, but can you please prod DTMaster, LL and Juls so they know they are loved and wanted. Thanks!

Someone needs to be at L-1 or L-2 by today so a claim can be assessed in time. GOGOGO

LL, if you think saber has shown some signs of protownness, then I suggest DDD because I don't see anything protown in his behavoir. I'd still support a saber lynch if need be, but DDD is my official preference.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd, what is the difference if I get run up to L-1 and have to claim now or if DDD does?

You, Goat, Sotty and myself have all said they would (or are) vote for him. That is already equal to the support for my wagon currently. I don't see why you think there is no support for it. Vote him now and give this wagon some wheels.

If people read him in iso and honestly don't support his lynch at all, then I'm willing to switch later today or tomorrow to saber. I think DDD really is the best lynch today and you simply saying "no" even though you find him scummy makes no sense whatsoever. Don't be stubborn.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

way to go saber, be a hero!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

kmd wrote:It's less likely with deadline coming up that DDD will be lynched. If you can prove me wrong, I won't complain, but I seriously doubt we will get enough votes on DDD. Adding a 4th wagon hurts our chances at getting a lynch.
You are not really giving me a valid reason. I have already pointed out that there is ample support for the DDD wagon and saber's vote has only further strengthened that. Vote him now and if it goes nowhere you still have time to switch tomorrow. If you'd stop fighting me on it for illogical reasons, I think it has a very good chance of coming off. So vote in your next post and stop making me bother you about it. You don't even have to waste a post with reasoning. Just vote.

As I think Sotty said, BaM games go down to deadline, so don't act like no one is going to be here. If no lynch happens then you can lynch me tomorrow without hesitation.
DDD wrote:What are your reasons for voting for me again other than the dreadedly nonsensical "he didn't ask questions" and maybe a shallow OMGUS?
First, there is no OMGUS about it. Second, nice attempt to strawman. You have not been scumhunting at all this game, which I know you are perfectly capable of. You got on my wagon in your first post for reasons that made little sense ("skepticism with VPB's revote") and have coasted ever since that point. You make some mild commentary jabs early on without making any real effort to fish out the scum, and even those fall off as the game progresses.

Other than that, a majority of your contribution to the game has been "I'm not lynching Cobalt" and "the wagon on me is stupid".

And let's not forget your OMGUS of Sotty which you had to quickly retract when you realized you had no logical reason to call her scum.

Point me to actual scumhunting you have done if I'm not making a valid case against you.

Forgot something earlier:
Sotty wrote:VP, what do you think of Juls?
I don't have a strong read one way or another at this point. I would say, however, that I don't agree with her "meta" of you from ViPod being a valid point.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't like LL's "Imma vote saber, see ya tomorrow y'all!"
Juls wrote:@VP...no posts on Wednesday from me does not warrant a prod. I leave the house at 8a.m. and don't get home until 9p.m. Occassionally I have 2-3 min. between classes I can run to the lab and post but not often. So, no worries...I'm here.
I just get ants in the pants at deadline. I know you're busy and it wasn't meant to say you're inactive or anything like that. Sorry. :oops:
Juls wrote:@KMD...I don't like your post 185 yet again...it feels like you are protecting DDD...partners?
I agree. The opposition to the DDD wagon for no logical explanation irks me big time. You should vote him ASAP, Juls, cause the scum are rushing toward this saberwolf lynch in short order.

Kmd, I got your number two suspect to be one of the leading wagons despite your protest. Time to put up or shut up. Let's see that vote.

Goatrevolt is obv. town.

Cobalt, please answer my previous question you conveniently ignored about what pro-town actions you see from DDD since you say he is more town than LL. You said he has been scumhunting, please direct me to parts of his play you think are scumhunting.

Sens, I think you should be voting DDD as well. When he flips scum, it should significantly help your Cobalt case.

DTMaster and fuzzy need to post ASAP. Preferably putting DDD at L-1 so we can get a claim by this afternoon.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd and fuzzy--Cobalt lynch isn't going to happen. Time to put your vote where it counts. Check the vote count before if you plan to vote saber, however.
DDD wrote:The fact that you're driving my wagon with no logical explanation irks me big time.
I gave legit reasons to be voting you: mega scum coasting. It is funny that immediately after I did that you suddenly had "trend analysis" vaguery that indicated the opposing wagon to you was scum. How convenient.
DDD wrote:You're already off the hook today and we'll lynch saber who we both know is a proven VI and likely scum.
I wasn't worried and I don't accept bribes.

@Cobalt 217
1)mimicking reasoning
2)acceptable scumhunting
3)strawmanning my wagon on him
4)calling almost half the town scum on "trend analysis"
5)buddying to me

So, you're 1 for 5. Come better next time or vote DDD.

DTMaster--please look over the cases on DDD and saber. Determine which you think is more likely to be scum and help put one of these players at L-1 so we can get a claim today. Tomorrow is deadline and it is of the utmost importance that we keep ourselves organized.

Kmd-again, time to vote, please. I grow weary from all this asking.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote, Vote: DDD
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree with fuzzy's question.

Also, can you give the reasoning behind your vote switch at the end of the day fuzzy.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I also received 2 posts overnight, but I didn't want to say anything because I wanted Cobalt to answer first as to who he claimed to have handed posts to over night so we could have caught him in a lie. I think people jumped the gun by disclosing their number of posts before he could speak on it, but yes, I think this reflects poorly on him and I'd like to hear what he has to say.

Also, with only seven days for today, I find it extremely frustrating that we have people who continue to lurk. Out of those people, LL looks especially scummy to me since he did the same thing yesterday as well.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@LL-sorry, I made a mistake because I didn't check my original role PM. I gained 7 over night.

Since your around,what was your take on how things went down yesterday and who do you think is scum?

Cobalt-how do you know your ability can be redirected or that there would even be anything out there that could redirect your ability?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also cobalt, what is this global distribution you are talking about it? Why do you seem to know that is what happened and no one else did?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote: Fuzzylightning
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

sotty wrote:How can you mix this up?
I received my PM overnight saying my post count had been raised to XX. I thought my original PM (which I didn't check) had said that I started the game with X5 posts. Turns out I actually started the game with X0 posts. I added five to my original total in my mind and therefore thought I only received two posts over night.

Since I'm spending a post, I'll explain my vote. I really don't like how he came in and wanted to fill in the blanks for Cobalt before he had even had a chance to answer. I also don't like his major flip on DDD yesterday when he said he would have preferred the saber lynch. While I agree that DDD not claiming was scummy (and poor form), I don't know if that alone should be enough to make a person move from their preferred lynch.

Cobalt, what information do you have about the "global distribution"?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mod, October 27 is Tuesday not Saturday

It's something that ends in -day, so I'm almost half-right. ~Vi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, I don't care for his play at all and tend to side with Sensfan's assessment of his play in terms of his claiming. However, as I said before, it also seems very VI-ish...so I can't determine whether he is lynch worthy or not. Obviously the scum kept him around for a mislynch if he is actually town and I'd rather not oblige that if that's the case.

Juls dying is interesting in a lot of ways and not something I would have expected. I want to go back and read her in iso before the day is out. I don't know if she breadcrumbed her role at all, but it seems an odd kill choice.

LL votes are for all of the strategic lurking he seems to be doing. If he keeps it up, I'm happy to lynch. His next post better be an imporvement or it'll be time to bang the drum.

Kmd-you have anything more substantial to contribute? You said you have no fear of running out of posts, so I'd expect you to actually take some sort of initiative this game instead of remaining mostly silent on Day 2.

I want more from DT Master too.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty, I want you to directly paraphrase how Vi informed you of the post bump.

Also, I would like you to explain why you think Juls was killed last night.

I am doing some other reading right now, but I'm hoping to have a more substantial post tonight.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Really disappointed that most of the folks in this game are willing to sit back and not try to generate new discussion. That is basically handing the game to scum.

I reread Juls, but didn't see any breadcrumbs or gain any insight into the specifics of her role or who she may have protected last night. Looking at her role (Permanent and Total Protector), I don't think I buy the bodyguard argument necessarily. That role sounds like either a Jailkeeper that protects against all night actions or something new that would grant UNK-ability in exchange for death perhaps (the permanent thing is weird).

I find DT Master pretty damn scummy in iso. He has a lot of stance switches during day one that just seem strange for a pro-town player:
a)says we shouldn't claim post counts, then does in next post
b)says we need to use "behavioral analysis", then spends lots of time talking flavor
c)advocates for active scum hunting from others ("post your scumlist and why") but doesn't do much of that himself. I see him attack lurkers a lot Day 1, and even that is without gusto. He's going with the flow of other people's suspicions all day.

Furthermore, he plunks a vote on ACSN about 5 days from deadline and coasts on it until the day is out, even though he said that he was feeling better about saber's posting. During this time there was a lot of discussion happening re: DDD and other things ,but he comments on almost none of it while he stands by a vote that he doesn't even seem that certain about

Then there is this:
DT Master wrote:@Cobalt/VP
I find it odd that when VP said he gained 2 posts you said you tried to target VP for two posts but got blocked. Then VP corrected himself to 7 posts. It smells like something too convenient to me.
Which makes absolutely no sense considering I said I gained two posts before Cobalt claimed he gave me two. Looks to me like scum looking for a convenient place to attack without actually paying attention. (especially since he said my explanation makes sense).

Unvote, Vote: DT Master

Sotty, I'll say I don't like your joining the chorus on that attack either when you apparently received the same post as I did. On top of that, what could possibly be the scum motivation for such a move?

I also don't like your latest question to kmd about DDD. He had been saying he thought DDD was scum all day, just wouldn't vote.

People need to start posting and voting because ideally we should have our target decided today.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@Cobalt

fuzzy is neutral to scummy for me. I still don't like his flip flop on DDD, but it is for a legit reason.

Right now I am fairly confident that Sens, Saber and you are probably town. Everyone else is pretty much up in the air,but DT Master needs lynching something serious.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Have to say I really hate Cobalt's latest exchange with GR.

As far as today's lynch, I'd support DT Master, LL, fuzzylightning and possibly Cobalt (depending on his answers to GR).

I know I said I was feeling that Cobalt was town earlier, but his reasoning behind voting Kmd doesn't make sense whatsoever from a town perspective.

Everyone should be organizing themselves in their next post and presenting (and voting) for who you'd like to see lynched today. No lynch is not an option and we need to reach a concensus soon.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@DT
a)alright, I can give you this one. I thought post cap was referring to me saying we shouldn't claim our post caps.

b)I never said you were using flavor to attack Kmd. I said you claimed you were going to focus on behavior analysis and have spent a good deal of time talking about flavor. My point is that your actual scumhunting is very lacking in this game for how gung ho you were about it. Out of the iso posts you claim are you scumhunting, I'd say maybe 2 and 10 actually resemble any thing I would call scumhunting (and that is giving you the benefit of the doubt). The rest is pretty much jabs from the sidelines or just general opinion stuff.

c)That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Please explain why you put your vote on ACSN and left it there for the last five days of yesterday even though you said saberwolf was making you feel a bit better about that player slot.

Your latest post stinks of scum as well as you: 1) complain about me attacking you 2)misrep kmd for voting someone who he said he thought was scum, 3)claim Cobalt was defending you when he was not, and 4) deflect attention toward lurkers
sotty wrote:Locke is in neutral simply because he is not posting anywhere near enough. This really needs to change.
How would you compare his play here to that in WWF mafia?
sotty wrote:VP is leaning town just above the menstrual line.
Well...I...ah....er....ok?
DT Master wrote:My gut was right when DDD flipped town.
This was on Day 1? Where? I think I'm missing it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

More votes folks. Deadline is rapidly approaching and we need a concensus in short order. DT and Sotty need to take a side. It is looking like either LL (L-2) or Cobalt (L-3). fuzzy isn't even voting cause he's scum. Let's focus here and reach some kind of decision with time to spare.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So, you know the role names of three players and the post counts they should have?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote, Vote: Cobalt
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't want people to direct any investigation. LL, you carry it out and then tomorrow ask whoever you investigated to claim whatever you checked out. They will have to tell the truth or be strung up. In the meantime, someone hammer.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't think we should have any more claims today, nor do I think we should leave the hammer in the hands of Cobalt.

I want to hear the case on fuzzylightning if people are really going to try and shift bandwagons this late in the day.

Cobalt is just a ball of suspicion still and his claimed power isn't even all that useful, so there are worse lynches. Removing him either a) lynches scum or b) removes an easy target for the scum to attack later.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Goat, yes that is one option he could do as well. My main point is people telling him who specifically to check out with which investigation. If he sees it most fit to investigate an already claimed person, then that would work as well.

@Cobalt-I'm sure you can defend yourself just fine. The problem is that people still have to know whether or not they can believe you.

@Sotty-It's not that fuzzy is town in my book or anything like that, just that I really hate outting so many roles so early in the game, especially when we know for a fact that there are fake claims out there that are written by the mod and will be believable. I don't think we are going to see a claim in this game that doesn't seem plausible. If you guys run fuzzy up to a claim and need my help lynching, then I'll be glad to come over and help finish the job. I just don't think I can actively participate in it.

I am not going anywhere and will be around for deadline, so feel free to do what you have to do.

Sens and Kmd need to comment immediately.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote: Sensfan
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd, we are doing vote count analysis today for sure. Also, wtf happened to all of your posts in this game? Everything from the first two days disappeared.

You need to explain what you meant when you said that 'unless someone has another explanation of where posts came from Cobalt is scum'..or whatever the direct quote was. That made no sense to me.

Kmd, I'd also like your thoughts on why you wouldn't receive posts when everyone else apparently did. Did you receive any last night? (<--I want kmd to answer this before anyone else chimes in please).

LL, don't claim your result yet. I am thinking we should mass claim first. What are the unclaimed players' thoughts on mass claim?

Sens-cobalt is dead. Time for you to dish majorly on your thoughts or I am perfectly happy with lynching you.

Goat, you haven't been under any pressure at all this game and that really worries me. I need to iso read you today.

I'm also going to try and reread the whole game today.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Kmd-we should mass claim because it could be lylo and there aren't even that many players left who haven't claimed. I don't see any reason not to at this point. Additionally, there is the potential to catch someone in a lie depending on LL's investigation.

@Goat-Glad to see you are coming around on DT. I let it go yesterday because you were so opposed to it, but the main reason I pushed on him was Juls wanting him dead so hard on Day 1. She also wanted Sotty dead. I figured one of those two were the ones who sent the kill, with DT seeming more likely. Clearly I was correct that it wasn't Sotty.

I know what you are saying about the nagging suspicion because I feel the same way about you, but its entirely in a "I don't find this guy suspicious at all and that worries the hell out of me" kind of way.

I feel the scum team is some combination of Sens/DT/Kmd/Fuzzy for now, however. That's where we need to be lynching today.

I also want whoever erased Kmd's posts to come forward during massclaim and explain why.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I didn't really yesterday because it was only day 2. The fact that you have been on everyone's protown list and you're not dead on day 3, however, is a touch disconcerting...especially since the scumbags didn't target any of the claimed powerroles last night. I personally thought Sotty was a bit scummy, so I'm surprised at her dying.

Oh, and you are right about Sens not posting near deadline yesterday. I was posting in a thread with him at that time and was fully expecting him to post here during that time. I want him to explain why he didnt' post here when he was clearly online and would have known that deadline was approaching rapidly.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (isolation #47) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@DT-I will have comments on the previous day, don't worry about that. I need some time to reread over things, however. It probably isn't going to be today because I have to spend the day in Barbados for work. I get back from there at about 10am tomorrow, so I'm hoping to spend my Sunday afternoon rereading the game and will definitely have my thoughts about yesterday's progression tomorrow.

@Kmd-
kmd wrote:Why are you voting if you assume we are likely in LYLO and want to massclaim?
Actually, even assuming three scum, we aren't in lylo unless there is some hidden kill out there. Apart from that, I'm very happy with my vote and I want Sens to know that. He intentionally avoiding the game yesterday and thus should swing for it. He can post or die for all I care.
Kmd wrote:You dropped it just because Goat was opposed to it? And why not mention the Juls thing yesterday?
Partially, yes. Partially because his vanilla claim was believable. Partially because some of his replies to my case seemed plausible enough. He could obviously be using a fake claim, but I was willing to let it go at that moment if someone who has played the most town-like out of everyone says they would prefer someone else. And the Juls thing was not mentioned because there was a plenty substantial case against DT without it. Furthermore, it is possible that Juls was a bodyguard role of some time (though I don't know if I believe this) and died protecting someone. Now that a second detractor to DT Master has risen up (though I want to see if this is a fair way to paint Sotty), the case deserves another look from that angle.
Kmd wrote:Too townie?
The way I have been playing lately is consider everyone a suspect and only clear them when I have an "aha!" moment of believing they are town. While Goat hasn't done anything really scummy in my eyes yet, I can't say I've had that aha! moment either. I think a reread of the game with the flip knowledge we already have should be enlightening though.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Sens wrote:Do you think Sens is scum or do you just disagree with his play?
His play has been scummy. What do you think of his play this game?

As far as your vote count analysis goes, that was probably one of the worst pieces of analyzing I have ever seen. I think it is quite hilarious that you call me scum for being sheepish on the DDD wagon (which I did pretty much all of the leg work for) and then excuse yourself and fuzzy for your garbage votes on it. Clearly I am going to have to do VC analysis myself.

I'm in the middle of my reread of the game right now. I'm at about page 7 or so. Looking back over GR's day 1 play, it is pretty obvious that he is either obvtown or a very ballsy scum with how much he was defending people from lynches. I'm going to call him the former.

Other things:

Kmd-I would like your detailed thoughts on fuzzy.

Sens, when you decide to stop lurking, please claim your information on the win cons and state the how many posts you have in this game.

If we are mass claiming, we need to get going soon. I'd personally like Sens to go first, but I don't know if he's around. Kmd is another person I would like to see go near the top of the order.

Should finish my reread tomorrow.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, reread the game and I think have some new insight here. Couple questions.

LL, can you claim your role name for me again.

fuzzy, I'd like your detailed opinion of DTMaster and saberwolf. Also, who do you think we need to lynch today? Would you like to see Sens lynched today?

I am going to claim now to get the ball rolling.

I am Zihark, Townie Vigilantie..aka Vanilla townie.

I started the game with 70 posts. My voice of yune is that the mod is tallying our posts, so we shouldn't rely on our isos. Win con is fullfilled when all of the Mafia is dead.

I want Kmd to claim next.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

actually, fuzzy, I want your detailed thoughts on every player. Sorry.

I'd like the same thing from Locke as well.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (isolation #51) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #52) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

This is simply ridiculous. Way to go town in this game.

Sens, claim all of your info in the long awaited post.

Everyone-answer my questions and start frakking posting. You are making this game impossible.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

What is your role name Kmd?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd wrote:Shinon.
This is all your role name says? If not, I'd like the rest of it.
Sens wrote:VP - I already claimed my Voice of Yune, and have been given no other information.
Stop stalling scumbag. Claim your role name, flavor and post cap in your next post or be lynched.

Also, where is this awesome analysis you promised Sens? We don't have much time, so out with it.

DTMaster, fuzzylightning, and LL need to stop the lurkfest and actually contribute.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Goat, I would also appreciate if you'd help me find scum here. I am almost certain you are town now and feel I can trust you. Clearly we are not going to get action from others, so lets do the heavy lifting and get this right.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (isolation #56) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

DT wrote:VP: Comments about the last day? I'm waiting still. You can lead by example and start from there rather then spending posts complaining about the lack of posts.
Well, except the problem is that I have been taking the lead all game, which is not a great idea. As awesome as I am, it is much better if the discussion is being generated from multiple directions because I very well could be way off base. This is why I want others to be talking and putting their thoughts out there. This isn't the VP Baltar show and I am certainly not the be all end all of scumhunting.

As far as comments on yesterday, fuzzy looks almost certainly to be scum and is among my top lynch choices today. On Day 1 he made his complete 180 on DDD so he could hammer, which was probably unnecessary, and then on Day 2 he didn't vote AT ALL until the last day when he could jump on one of the leading wagons. He has taken absolutely zero risks this game, nor has to he been doing anything I can see to actually figure out who the scum are. His power is something I could definitely see Vi giving to a scum because it forces a dilemma for the town.

I was hoping to get the last claim out there before I revealed this, but LL may be scum as well. I have been tossing this around in my head for a few days now, but I can't help but conclude that LL is the member of the scum team who was forced to claim without the benefit of fake claim. Here is his claim:
LL wrote:I am Janaff, the right wing of Hawk King Tibarn.
The reason why this is a scum claim is that it doesn't fit the format of the rest of the town claims and flips. The town claims are all in the format of "Name, TOWNIE XXXX (XXXX)".

Unless I hear a good explanation for this, LL is scum. DT Master, since you're our resident flavor expert now that cobalt is dead, who is this Janaff character and could you see him being scum?

Kmd is probably my third choice for scum. His play all game has rang a bit false for me and his vote count analysis gave some pretty horrendous excuses for players while also providing very little of what i would consider thoughtful insight.

Sens is still pretty scummy for his utter lack of contribution, but I think we have bigger fish to fry right now.

saberwolf I go back and forth on because ACSN looked very scummy to me, while he
Cut ~Vi

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (isolation #57) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Jeez, you guys intentionally making this more difficult than it needs to be?

Sens, it's time to state your post cap. It's important to an idea I am working on. At this point there is nothing the scum can do to manipulate this, so cough it up.

Furthermore, stop with your little shouting matches and put up this content you promised. You've skated by long enough with the 'I'm too good to answer' BS and it's ringing fake this time around anyhow (as opposed to Yaw's game).

I want your thoughts on every player and the scum list I posted.

saber--don't waste posts having stupid arguments. I want your thoughts on every player and the scum list I posted.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (isolation #58) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sensfan wrote:1) I'm not claiming my post cap. If you need to know details, I started with between 70 and 90 posts.

2) What content? saber is scum. Lynch him. I'm not going to write a novel, I only have limited words.

3) I've never claimed to be too good to answer anything. saber is Scum.

4) I don't post lists of people. It's very anti-Town.
1) That works perfectly fine with me. You need to explain why you said in your 11th iso post that you were running out of posts then. You clearly were not. I'd also like you to explain why you have roughly half the posts I do when you started with at least as many if not more posts than me. I'm not in danger of running out this game and neither are you, so why are you making no effort to actually find the scum? Your cases so far have mostly just been based on anti-town things (particularly your arguments against saberwolf) rather than scummy behavior. Not to mention your interests seem to be only on one player at a time, which is a major sign of scum pushing mislynches.

2)What content you promised? How about this:
Sens wrote:I've seriously ignored this game today.

Give me until tonight, and I'll be back with useful stuff.
Still waiting on that. I haven't seen a damn useful thing from you yet, so pony up or be lynched. And you don't have limited words. At worst you have 50+ posts left. That is more than enough to make it to endgame at a pretty high posting rate, so stop making excuses for not participating.

3) It's in your attitude. And you have been dodging my questions. I want your thoughts on players in the game and you flat out refuse because it's "anti-town". Perhaps in the early game it is, but it's not now. YOu need to take positions and defend them rather than conveniently being able to shift your opinion to whatever the available mislynch is. Why haven't you addressed the obvious problem with LL's role claim? Why haven't you given your thoughts on who the other scum team members are? We will be facing lylo tomorrow if we mislynch today and you seem like you could care less. Also, you claimed to have info about three wincons, which I want you to paraphrase.

4)You're completely wrong. Post it and quit dodging taking solid stances in the game.

The entire scum team is withing Sens, LL, Kmd and fuzzy. My suggestion is lynch LL first since he's as good as confirmed at this point and is likely going to try and dodge the lynch by not posting. Another thing that points
~cut ~Vi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (isolation #59) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, town persons should note how many PRs have already flipped. I would bet money that we didn't start the game with too many more PRs than have already been revealed. At least two of fuzzy, LL, and Kmd is lying about their alignment.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (isolation #60) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Sens, I shouldn't have to ask you to put up a list of suspicion. Nor should you dodge my questions and points.

You still haven't addressed what you think of LL's crappy claim. Avoiding much?

Everyone else, TODAY IS THE FRAKKING DEADLINE. Vote LL and let's get this lynch going. I can't believe how apathetic everyone is toward this game. Jesus.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote, Vote: Sensfan
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I really hope you guys aren't going to be ridiculous and let the day go by without a lynch.

If I am dead tonight (as I am expecting) follow my lynching list and win the game. LL needs to go first as he's confirmed scum at this point. LOOK AT HIS CLAIM. Also, notice how he said nothing today and has tried to stay hidden all game.

If Sens gets lynched and flips scum, fuzzy may be town. Kmd is probably still scum. DT I'm not sure on.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (isolation #63) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Locke is confirmed scum because his claim has an entirely different format to the town format. I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge this, however, as he's clearly your buddy.

Nothing about LL is 'likely to be town'. I'm just ashamed I didn't notice it yesterday when he was at the cusp of a lynch.

Feel free to keep me around tomorrow if you think you can actually get me lynched since I'm such a confirmed scum to you. I'd appreciate it.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #64) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I do not understand the scum kill choices at all this game. I want to hear from Locke as soon as humanly possible.

1) Explain why your claim has a different format to everyone else's.

2) Reveal your investigations on people who have already claimed.

3) Explain what happened to you yesterday, because as far as I can tell you simply chose not to participate.

Goat and DT, where were you guys yesterday?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (isolation #65) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd, what do you think of LL's claim not having anywhere near the town format? Why do you keep ignoring this question?

Furthermore, I've yet to see an actual case from you, so it's time to actually make sense. Your VC analysis this game was major fail (which is atypical for you as town), so I want to hear actual reasons for your "scum team". Also, if those are your scum picks, how do you reconcile me being the lead driver on the Day 2 DT wagon?

Also, looking back at Kmd's claim, it also looks fake:
Kmd wrote:Shinon, Town Individual
Town Individual? Seriously.

Saber, I'm pretty sure that Kmd is scum with LL, but I would appreciate an unvote for now as well. We will lynch early in this day I feel, but there is no need to rush it too much.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (isolation #66) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd wrote:It's just the way he claimed it. Not everyone goes to their Role PM and quotes it exactly. I personally don't most of the time.
No, it's not "just the way he claimed it". It very clearly has information that is not included in a town PM. Again, for your ease of reference:

Town PM looks like this format: Player Name, TOWNIE (TITLE) (ROLE)

LL claimed: Player Name, right hand of something something

Those are not even close, nor is it simply the correct information that was put in the wrong order. It is DIFFERENT information to that of the town PM. LL has not struck me as someone who even knows the flavor in this game, so I am quite certain he had to look at his role PM before claiming. You can keep making all kinds of excuses if you'd like, but the evidence is right there for anyone to see.
Kmd wrote:I don't see the problem with the VC analysis. And distancing isn't impossible.
The problem with your VC analysis is that the data presented does not lead to the conclusions you proposed. You also make a lot of excuses in it for players with shady votes. I'll hopefully have the time to do one myself today and put something proper up.

As far as distancing goes, yeah I would surely come off of the leading wagon at that time three days from deadline with a comprehensive case on my buddy that actually got significant support. :roll: That's a pretty well thought out theory you have there.
DT wrote:1. I dislike your day 4 comments. Appeal to scum to keep you alive? That's just drenched in WIFOM here.
Eh, if you got killed early in games as much as I do, you'd do whatever it takes to stay alive. Especially in this town where I feel like I'm the one doing most of the work. If I can WIFOM the scum into letting me live another day, all the better for us. Was that the only problem you had with my Day 4 play? What do you think of LL's claim?
DT wrote:2. I agree with you based on flavour. Shinon should be like: Town Sniper or something like that. Cap-immune I don't get how it fits with him both character wise and ability wise based on the games. The only thing that makes kind of sense is that he's a ladys man in the games.
I don't really know anything about the flavor. Town Individual just sounds really generic to me. Regardless, I want LL dead first and then his scum flip would be enough to implicate Kmd as his buddy
~cut ~Vi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (isolation #67) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd wrote:So you think the scum PM is formatted differently than town or.. what? I'm not seeing the argument. PM structure is a bad arument anyway.
Yeah, somehow I think the scum PMs do not contain the word Townie in them. Just a guess on my part I suppose. LL has just stated that he had to check his PM when he claimed. Which brings me to my next question:

LL, why would you only claim your name and not the whole bolded portion? What is COAT? Cop of all trades?

Here is how I am looking at things right now, other than Goat, who still needs to claim, we have had the following powerroles confirmed:
mod wrote:
3. Debonair Danny DiPietro - Bastian, Townie Liaison (Neighborizer) - Lynched Day 1...
7. Juls - Tanith, Townie Guardian (Permanent and Total Protector) - Killed Night 1...
2. Cobalt - Micaiah, Townie Priestess (Sacrificer) - Lynched Day 2...
Kmd, fuzzy and LL all claim to have PRs as well. Now, pardon me for being suspicious, but we have not heard of anything all that substantial from scum in terms of night actions for me to believe that the town started this game with SIX powerroles out of nine slots (given three scum). Cobalt claimed to have been roleblocked (why hasn't LL been blocked if he's not dead? I don't see who else the scum have to spend their roleblock on) and Kmd's posts disappeared. Those are the only two night actions I have seen impact the town thus far, so at least one, if not two of these folks is lying. Also, remember that Goat claims there are three fakeclaims floating about. Cobalt had one. That means if there is a three person scum team out there, one person did not have the luxury of a fake claim (LL).

I am anxious to see some actual content from LL, because right now the evidence continues to mount against him.

Goat, I really need to see something from you significant. Your play has been town, but the more I say that aloud, the less you are participating. Bring me comfort.

Preview edit:
@LL-The only reason I think I am still alive is that I am at least somewhat on target with my suspicions and killing me would help confirm that. I will be the first to admit that the kill choices have been odd this game. re: Goat, see above. Mostly I do, but every day he is alive does worry me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #68) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd, why did you say this after your D1 posts were erased:
kmd wrote:Anyone who knows anything about this needs to speak up. I'm interested to see how many posts the Mod says I've used in the next vote count.
When you know you have infinite posts? What would it matter how many posts the vote count says you used?
DT wrote:3. What was your N1 result and and why didn't you say it in the full claim?
LL claimed his N1 result in his initial claim. I think it was on Cobalt or something like that.
DT wrote:1. Flavourwise I don't know what COAT stands for. LL's background story fits but a name would help me piece it together. I played Radiant Dawn and unless it didn't show up there, I can't help. :< (aka I didn't play the first one)
I don't think it's anything from the game. I think it stands for cop of all trades. But on a sidenote, worry less about the flavor of the game. I don't think we are going to catch scum that way. Look at behaviors and scum motivations.
DT wrote:2. Uh unless Cobalt is an anti-miller then I don't see why he would lie about his blockage. We also know that Fuzzy's claim is ability verified too. KMD's claim gives me the heebies and I'm waiting for an LL analysis before I make my decision.
I'm not saying Cobalt lied about being blocked. I'm saying he WAS blocked and I don't see why the scum would not block a claimed cop (LL) if they were deciding not to kill him. There doesn't seem to be anyone else out there to block, so why would they intentionally not use their night action?

As far as fuzzy goes, his alignment is not verified. He probably does give out posts when he's alive, but that doesn't make him town.

Goat, you going to play this game?

LL, still waiting. Still want you lynched.

Saber, do you have anything to contribute? Any new ideas you've had or things you'd like to talk about?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote, Vote: Kmd4390
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Actually, changed my mind. Voting patterns don't lie.

Unvote, Vote: fuzzylightning
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Role true, alignment a lie.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (isolation #72) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

See, LL, why do you have to go and be all logical like that NOW when you could have done it all game. You're making things complicated for me.

However, I agree wholeheartedly about fuzzy and Kmd and I'm happy to lynch them first and see where we are at from there.

I think we should definitely lynch fuzzy and not hope for a modkill because I could see it as a viable scum tactic to lurk until close to deadline and then post to avoid the modkill.

Additionally, if Goat gets modkilled, we need to make damn sure that we lynch scum (though his death might still result in a loss for us).

My guess on the three wincons is that we have a survivor among us somewhere (saber perhaps), but that's not something we can really bother with at this point.

We should keep discussion going, but I think we should try to lynch with an extra day left so we don't end up in the same situation as yesterday and lose the game.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (isolation #73) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

^This, exactly. Goat, I really hope that even though you don't have that much motivation toward this game, you'd at least give us some level of effort out of fairness to everyone else in the game.

I know it is hard when you don't feel like playing anymore, but if you are town you are really reducing our chances of winning by just lurking away.

Saber, you still have nothing to say? Who do you think is scum?

Mod, I'm confused. So you are saying the only way that a player would be modkilled for inactivity is if the deadline runs out and we do not lynch?

If deadline expires or if you lynch on "This is your last day!" then I will modkill. Arbitrary legalism at its finest! ~Vi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (isolation #74) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd's flop on fuzzy makes no sense whatsoever. Come on, guys. We have to pay attention here.

Think about this: Kmd says he believes very strongly that fuzzy is town. He called me scum for thinking that LL or fuzzy was likely scum. Now we are in likely lylo and he wants to lynch fuzzy? That makes zero sense if he actually believes him to be town. What a town person would be doing in that situation is organizing a lynch against someone he thought was scum BEFORE fuzzy would get modkilled. That is the safest play for a town player who believes fuzzy to be town.

This massive flop shows me that fuzzy is Kmd's partner and he's trying to bus at the last minute for credit because the lynch seems unavoidable at this point.

I'm happy to go through with the fuzzy lynch, but my opinion is that we should wait until our last day (presuming everyone guarantees they will be online) and then we lynch Kmd and let his fuzzy buddy take the modkill. Two scum in one day would give us some much needed breathing room.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (isolation #75) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@ saber-we also had a voice of yune that said there were three win conditions too.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (isolation #76) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You're not scum, are you LL?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #77) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Are you scum, LL? Did we just lose?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (isolation #78) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

What a surprise.

DDD, I'm sorry about your lynch and its probably my only regret in this game. I was just getting antsy Day1 and was really displeased with all of the options presented. It was a hard way to learn about your trend analysis. If we had lynched elsewhere, we would have been much better off and I think you and I could have won this game. :( Apologies.

There was essentially no way for the town to win this game given the players on the town's side (apart Juls and Sotty). I basically had all of the scum fingered at one point or another (why oh why did I not follow through with either DT or LL lynches!) and all I would have needed was a little participation from the town members to reassure me that you weren't scum lurking your way to victory.

Once again, not trusting your original suspicions = losing games. I'm sort of hating myself for not getting my top suspects lynched when I had the chances, but I don't see what I could really change with no real team support.

I'm very curious why the scum team kept me around.

GG scum. I think DT would have been the hardest to pick out simply because I had him pegged as VI after awhile with his incessent flavor discussion. Even if we had lynched LL and Kmd, Goat probably would have had to convince me to lynch DT over fuzzy, whose voting record was completely awful.

Mafia is a team game folks. Don't sign up for games if you dont' want to play.

Sens, play better. Seriously. I know you are capable and a smart guy. You've basically been a liability to the town in the last two games I have been in with you.

Thanks for the game Vi. Once again, your modding and setups are top notch. I think I'm starting to figure out your style, so I'm expecting that to be completely subverted in the next one. :P
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #79) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You thought I was scum after I tried to avenge your death, Sotty? :(
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (isolation #80) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think you made the right decision holding on to the mafia traitor thing. It probably would have only been useful if we had lynched the other two scum and didn't see any obvious connections between them and other players. At that point, learning there was a traitor would have allowed us to look at who was protecting them.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #81) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty wrote:Anyway, aren't you always supposed to be scum VP?
I actually told Vi before the game that she had made a mistake, but she didn't believe me.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (isolation #82) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, scum quicktopic?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (isolation #83) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You didn't get lynched because apparently the town ignored my case on you. And then they all decided to lurk.

Promise I'll stop being pissed soon.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

DTMaster wrote:;)... I had good reason to ignore it... in hindsight LOL.
Yeah, it definitely worked in your favor that you did. Can I ask why though? Didn't you guys consider that there was another scum element out there since there were only two of you that you knew about? I thought it was a pretty open and shut case considering his claim was horribad and it made no sense that he wouldn't be roleblocked if he was town, but when I got no support and LL became the only person who appeared to be scumhunting I was essentially cornered with no viable options that would actually allow the town to win.

As far as the discussion about the flavor goes, I simply ignored it since I know nothing about it. I was actually getting very annoyed at DT brining it up constantly (though I did encourage it once after the mass claim). Any good mod makes their games independent of flavor and I don't think you needed to know the flavor of this game at all to figure out who the scum were. It was all right there in thread. Too bad that doesn't auto translate into lynches.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (isolation #85) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Juls-I felt DTM was implicated by your death, which is why I went back and looked at him so hard. My failure was not following through when he got in lynching range.

@DTM-Yeah, I was thinking survivor for most of the game too and once we got behind in the lynch count, I simply stopped caring about lynching that person.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (isolation #86) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Juls wrote:Turns out fingering two of the three scum gets you killed. I just wish someone had thought to go back and figure out WHY I was the choice to get killed.
To be fair, I did do this, and I wanted to lynch DTM as a result of it. Then I went to visit a friend over a weekend, came back to find my computer had died, and basically didn't make another relevant post for the rest of the game... Standard stuff, really.

But hey, my computer is up and running again. Rematch anyone? Same teams?
/in
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (isolation #87) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Goatrevolt 508 wrote:But hey, my computer is up and running again. Rematch anyone?
Same teams?
:?

Actually, I was just discussing with someone that I wanted to run a setup that had already been run before for my next Mini Theme. I could do this one again (with a few slight changes) if enough people would like.
^I want to do this one time. Get a game at random and use the same setup over again. Wonder how long it would take before someone finds the original.
Well, I think you'd have to run it as an open or semi-open, otherwise the person who found it would have an unfair advantage.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”