charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 am

Post by charter »

VP Baltar wrote:Charter, do you think all of hohum's posts in the game have been "horrible" or just the ones regarding you?
Almost all of them, there were a few in the beginning that weren't horrible.

What is the reason for you still voting Kittymo now that she has posted?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm waiting for her to provide her assessment now that her questions have been answered and tell me who she thinks is scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:49 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Vote Count 1.6

*Charter-2 (Hohum, Scien)
Hohum-2 (Amished, dramonic )
KittyMo-1 (VP Balter)
VP Balter-1 (Charter)

Not voting
:KittyMo.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
Last edited by MiteyMouse on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by charter »

Hmmm, Amished having a reason for not being here lessens suspicion of him quite a bit.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Charter, what is your assessment of Amished's posts before he went V/LA?
YOUR AD HERE

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Amished »

Exactly, I just got back from vacation not too long ago, and I've been nauseous as hell during it too. Right now I can barely read the thread, but I'm somewhat here.

@Kitty: Post more.

@Charter: I thought you were more logical early on, though I disagree with you about VP being scum so far. Who is your nominal choice for hohum's partner?

@Scien: You look like you're trying to hop on small semantic/syntax problems to lynch somebody, instead of looking more towards motivations. This ties directly into my acronym that I put towards Hohum where I put you and him as scumbuddies. You hopping on where hohum had voted does not help your case. Who else are you suspicious of now that I'm back and have been V/LA and notified the thread on my own and by the mod.

@VP: Who else are you looking for more information from other than kittymo, if anyone?

@hohum: Why are you making your wild predictions rather than posting more content and scumhunting?

hopefully be back tomorrow if I'm feeling better.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Amished wrote:@VP: Who else are you looking for more information from other than kittymo, if anyone?
This most recent line of questions has been mostly aimed at determining if charter is just lost since he went back on his full bore attack on hohum, or if he is just lost and feeling about.

Also, why was dramonic left off your questionairre?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP: This most recent line of questions has been mostly aimed at determining if charter is just lost since he went back on his full bore attack on hohum and is just feeling about, or if he actually believes I am scum.

wow, I need to get some sleep I think.
YOUR AD HERE

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by charter »

VP Baltar wrote:Charter, what is your assessment of Amished's posts before he went V/LA?
Mostly active lurking/joking around.
Amished wrote:@Charter: I thought you were more logical early on, though I disagree with you about VP being scum so far. Who is your nominal choice for hohum's partner?
Scien. He seems to think hohum is making sense.

Amished's post was actually really good. It was nice to see a catch up post that didn't summarize the thread.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Amished »

I forgot dram:

@dram: Thoughts on something scummy other than inactivity/flaming etc...?

No, my name is not "Ed."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

putting someone at L-1 on early pages, calling someone scummy over syntax and Charter's badnwagon behaviour.

Alas the latter is a null-tell after RotM
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Scien »

I'll go ahead and post as I catch up:
Charter wrote:I am ~50% sure it is Balter and Amished. Scien is just totally lost.
First. You have posted before that you are sure Hohum is scum, and you were just looking elsewhere to find a partner. Second. Hohum's not even a real suspect of yours? Third. How am I lost. I am asking questions in your general direction, and I am presented with avoidance. If you are town, wouldn't you typically answer were you could? Even though you decided to answer some of my concerns this time around, you conveniently avoided a few points of mine, and left them unanswered. What do you expect me to make of that?
Charter wrote:Dramonic is obviously town.
Why?
Charter wrote:This being said, we need more posts from both Amished and Kittymo.
LOL. I actually agree there, although it doesn't lessen my suspicions of you.
Charter wrote:[On wanting Hohum to not talk in thread] I gain much enjoyability from the game. I do not value his opinions, and hence I lose nothing.
The town is more than just you. So, you don't like talking to Hohum, that's fair. But how do you think a silent player would help the town? Don't you need to gather all the information that you can get?
Charter wrote:I don't really care to hear more from him. Not sure of his role. If he keeps posting like that, and is town, he is creating a giant wall of idiocy for scum to hide behind. He will mislynch himself. If he just stops posting, it becomes more difficult for him to do that, while at the same time, everyone else is free to hunt scum.
Woah... that almost makes sense, and is actually one of the first logical attempts you have made so far (not criticizing, I'm actually impressed). So. You are not sure of him. How do you plan to become more sure of him? Especially when you want to do so while not talking to him?
Charter wrote:Once I just ignore his terrible posts, and focus on the rest of the game, scumhunting actually became much easier.
Well unless, of course, he is scum. In that case you are just actively ignoring a scummy player so that you won't comment on how he is scummy to the town.
Hohum wrote:you're manufacturing suspicion. Big no-no for a town-aligned player.
Something you do in every game I have played with you so far... just so you know.

Mitey. That vote count is wrong. Sorry. At the very least I am voting Charter.

Fixed...thanks Scien

Amished wrote:@Scien: You look like you're trying to hop on small semantic/syntax problems to lynch somebody, instead of looking more towards motivations. This ties directly into my acronym that I put towards Hohum where I put you and him as scumbuddies. You hopping on where hohum had voted does not help your case. Who else are you suspicious of now that I'm back and have been V/LA and notified the thread on my own and by the mod.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I have a suspicion that he lied in thread when he said that he got his PM before the thread was created. I think that he slipped when he said that he "went to the thread" and "the thread wasn't there" in the same sentence. I have CONCEDED the latter slip since it is impossible to prove. However the first claim still stands.
The thread was around before Dramonic 'checked'. This is a fact. Him not seeing was most likely convenient at the least, but possibly a mistake.
BUT THE THREAD DID EXIST WHEN HE CHECKED WITHOUT A DOUBT.

This has nothing to do with syntax, grammar, or even motivations as you say. It is however a mistake at the least and a lie at the worst, and DOES DESERVE PRESSURE AND SCRUTINY.
Charter wrote:[On Hohum's scum partner] Scien. He seems to think hohum is making sense.
Way to reverse again. Not sure that Hohum is scum? Think that it is Amished and Balter? Oh, you said that Amished being V/LA changed things? Did it change things enough for you to go back to someone else scum? Fickle much?

Besides all that I am going to level with the town straight here. I am trying something completely different here. I have not played a game yet with Hohum were he wasn't town, and didn't play like this. In our past games, I fought him long and hard about his play style, his methods of pressuring, his weak claims, and strong attacks. In the end that didn't serve the town well to attack him for that due to him eventually getting lynched for it while he was town. In this game I am actively doing the opposite. I am trying to aid in the pressure he is generating. Even while keeping a close eye on him.

Don't get me wrong, I still am looking at him. But what he is bringing up is no more or less weak than when I have seen him as town before. I am very content at the moment to be looking at people that I have questions about out side of any play Hohum is making at the moment.

Just figured I would throw that out there.

Back to me:
I am suspicious of Dramonic: I think he actively lied in thread, and I want to lynch him on this alone. Townies have no reason to lie. This has nothing to do with syntax. This has nothing to do with psychology. This is purely due to him "not finding the thread" after he got his PM, when the freggin thread would have been in the top 5 most recent threads at least, if he was as quick at checking as he suggested. The syntax thing just drives it home to me, even if it is weak enough that I can't use it to build my case to you.

I am suspicious of Charter: He has avoided some of my questions, even if in the same breath he answered others. He suspects Hohum, then he doesn't, then he does but won't vote, then he doesn't, then he does again. Sounds like a freggin flag in the wind.

That's all for now. I don't want to be a Mastin.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Scien »

Oh and what is Rotm?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by charter »

Scien wrote:First. You have posted before that you are sure Hohum is scum, and you were just looking elsewhere to find a partner. Second. Hohum's not even a real suspect of yours? Third. How am I lost. I am asking questions in your general direction, and I am presented with avoidance. If you are town, wouldn't you typically answer were you could? Even though you decided to answer some of my concerns this time around, you conveniently avoided a few points of mine, and left them unanswered. What do you expect me to make of that?
I've already explained this. After he pushed all his crap, I thought he was scum. Once I reread with a clear head and read that game balter posted, I don't think he's scum anymore. You're lost because A) you're convinced I'm scum (I'm not by the way), B) you're ignoring everything in the game other than really blatent things you can pick out in the thread, that really have nothing to do with anything, and C) obsessing on things like 'charter ignores hohum's posts'. If there's a question you need answered, let me know and I'll answer, but I'm not going to do a giant quote war.
Charter wrote:Dramonic is obviously town.
Why?
Dramonic is really easy to tell if he's town or scum. He's town.
Scien wrote:But how do you think a silent player would help the town? Don't you need to gather all the information that you can get?
I already said, he isn't mislynching himself if he's town. No, getting people to spam the thread isn't an effective way of finding scum.
Scien wrote:How do you plan to become more sure of him? Especially when you want to do so while not talking to him?
Look at his votes.
Charter wrote:[On Hohum's scum partner] Scien. He seems to think hohum is making sense.
Way to reverse again. Not sure that Hohum is scum? Think that it is Amished and Balter? Oh, you said that Amished being V/LA changed things? Did it change things enough for you to go back to someone else scum? Fickle much?
He was asking who I'd pick to be hohum's partner. If hohum is scum, I think you're his partner. I don't see what there isn't to understand about that. I'm still voting Balter, but Amished's post was really town, so I'm not sure if he's Balter's buddy. I don't see a change back to someone else there. You're inventing these contradictions.
Besides all that I am going to level with the town straight here. I am trying something completely different here. I have not played a game yet with Hohum were he wasn't town, and didn't play like this. In our past games, I fought him long and hard about his play style, his methods of pressuring, his weak claims, and strong attacks. In the end that didn't serve the town well to attack him for that due to him eventually getting lynched for it while he was town. In this game I am actively doing the opposite. I am trying to aid in the pressure he is generating. Even while keeping a close eye on him.
Why on earth would you encourage this type of play? Instead of bickering with him, I'm ignoring him. You said yourself, he gets himself lynched for his bad play. That's what I'm trying to avoid if he's town since there's little margin for error. Why are you criticizing me for trying to avoid this by ignoring his posts?
scien wrote:Back to me:
I am suspicious of Dramonic: I think he actively lied in thread, and I want to lynch him on this alone. Townies have no reason to lie. This has nothing to do with syntax. This has nothing to do with psychology. This is purely due to him "not finding the thread" after he got his PM, when the freggin thread would have been in the top 5 most recent threads at least, if he was as quick at checking as he suggested. The syntax thing just drives it home to me, even if it is weak enough that I can't use it to build my case to you.
Why does this make him scum?
Scien wrote:I am suspicious of Charter: He has avoided some of my questions, even if in the same breath he answered others. He suspects Hohum, then he doesn't, then he does but won't vote, then he doesn't, then he does again. Sounds like a freggin flag in the wind.
If I miss a question, point it out and I'll answer it. My stance on hohum is this: I thought he was scum after his line of wrong/bad posts, I reread a while later and read the game balter posted, I wasn't very sure after that, and I saw something from Balter I thought was scummy.
scien wrote:Oh and what is Rotm?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11828
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, I'm not going to make another post that big, promise. Sorry about that.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Scien »

Charter wrote:A) you're convinced I'm scum (I'm not by the way)
Nope. I am sure Dramonic is scum. I am examining you. There is a difference. True or false, you think anyone questioning you thinks you scum or is scum? [not rhetorical]
Charter wrote:B) you're ignoring everything in the game other than really blatent things you can pick out in the thread, that really have nothing to do with anything
I am ignoring nothing. Where am I ignoring things? [not rhetorical]

Why are the things I am looking at meaningless? [not rhetorical]
Charter wrote:C) obsessing on things like 'charter ignores hohum's posts'.
Wrong again. Up till recently you two have focused on each other. I care not about that. However I do care about your apparent desire to ignore information. Be it certain questions I ask of you, Hohum's points or whatever. I don't care if you ignored everyone in the game, I would call you out for it. It doesn't matter that your main target for ignoring at the moment is Hohum.

Obsessing over it? Questioning it and trying to understand why you think its a pro-town move would be more accurate. If you didn't understand something in someone's play would you A) Give up and shut up. B) Question and pressure until you understand. [not rhetorical]
Charter wrote:Dramonic is really easy to tell if he's town or scum.
First why do you think that he is easy to read. Second, you don't think he could learn from his previous mistakes and improve?
Charter wrote:I already said, he isn't mislynching himself if he's town.
I have already said this, and tried to question you on it in different words, but apparently I am not getting through to you. You claim to not know his role. If he doesn't talk you will never find his role out. You as a townie should not be comfortable with this, especially since you seem to have so much grief with him. You suggesting otherwise A) suggests you KNOW he is protown, or B) you don't need to hunt. Neither of those suggest you have a pro-town role.

If you don't know his role, which you say you don't, then you will never find out if he shuts up. Scaring the town with 'well if he happens to be town he is going to mislynch himself by pissing us off' is fear mongering.
Charter wrote:No, getting people to spam the thread isn't an effective way of finding scum
In your opinion what if a scum is the one doing the spamming? If a scum is giving you information like a fire hose, how does it hurt town?
Charter wrote:Look at his votes.
Good answer. Although, I have mentioned this in thread before. Where have you mentioned voting patterns in thread? I specifically remember back around a day ago when you were sure that Hohum was scum, and was withholding a vote because you wanted to look for his partner. Why were you not mentioning voting patterns there?
Charter wrote:You're inventing these contradictions.
I disagree. LOL I guess I am taking a page out of your book, and not elaborating too much here until you ask a more pointed question.
Charter wrote:Why on earth would you encourage this type of play?
How am I encouraging it? I am using it. Those are not the same thing.
Charter wrote:Instead of bickering with him, I'm ignoring him.
Why on earth would you suggest this type of play?
Charter wrote:That's what I'm trying to avoid if he's town since there's little margin for error. Why are you criticizing me for trying to avoid this by ignoring his posts?
Because you are picking one of two possibilities which you yourself say you are not sure of which is the case in this game. Yes. What you say makes sense if he is town. But, you don't know if he is town. He could be scum. If he is scum, you suggesting he doesn't talk, and you ignoring info he gives the town is the EXACT OPPOSITE of townieness.
Charter wrote:Why does this make him scum?
As I have said before, townies would have NO REASON to lie in thread. Therefore liars are scum.
Charter wrote:If I miss a question, point it out and I'll answer it.
Sigh, fair. I'll go back through soon and catch the stuff I want you to answer by quoting it back to you.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Scien »

Charter wrote:A) you're convinced I'm scum (I'm not by the way)
Nope. I am sure Dramonic is scum. I am examining you. There is a difference. True or false, you think anyone questioning you thinks you scum or is scum? [not rhetorical]
Charter wrote:B) you're ignoring everything in the game other than really blatent things you can pick out in the thread, that really have nothing to do with anything

Charter wrote:C) obsessing on things like 'charter ignores hohum's posts'.
Wrong again. Up till recently you two have focused on each other. I care not about that. However I do care about your apparent desire to ignore information. Be it certain questions I ask of you, Hohum's points or whatever. I don't care if you ignored everyone in the game, I would call you out for it. It doesn't matter that your main target for ignoring at the moment is Hohum.

Obsessing over it? Questioning it and trying to understand why you think its a pro-town move would be more accurate. If you didn't understand something in someone's play would you A) Give up and shut up. B) Question and pressure until you understand. [not rhetorical]
Charter wrote:Dramonic is really easy to tell if he's town or scum.
First why do you think that he is easy to read. Second, you don't think he could learn from his previous mistakes and improve?
Charter wrote:I already said, he isn't mislynching himself if he's town.
I have already said this, and tried to question you on it in different words, but apparently I am not getting through to you. You claim to not know his role. If he doesn't talk you will never find his role out. You as a townie should not be comfortable with this, especially since you seem to have so much grief with him. You suggesting otherwise A) suggests you KNOW he is protown, or B) you don't need to hunt. Neither of those suggest you have a pro-town role.

If you don't know his role, which you say you don't, then you will never find out if he shuts up. Scaring the town with 'well if he happens to be town he is going to mislynch himself by pissing us off' is fear mongering.
Charter wrote:No, getting people to spam the thread isn't an effective way of finding scum
In your opinion what if a scum is the one doing the spamming? If a scum is giving you information like a fire hose, how does it hurt town?
Charter wrote:Look at his votes.
Good answer. Although, I have mentioned this in thread before. Where have you mentioned voting patterns in thread? I specifically remember back around a day ago when you were sure that Hohum was scum, and was withholding a vote because you wanted to look for his partner. Why were you not mentioning voting patterns there?
Charter wrote:You're inventing these contradictions.
I disagree. LOL I guess I am taking a page out of your book, and not elaborating too much here until you ask a more pointed question.
Charter wrote:Why on earth would you encourage this type of play?
How am I encouraging it? I am using it. Those are not the same thing.
Charter wrote:Instead of bickering with him, I'm ignoring him.
Why on earth would you suggest this type of play?
Charter wrote:That's what I'm trying to avoid if he's town since there's little margin for error. Why are you criticizing me for trying to avoid this by ignoring his posts?
Because you are picking one of two possibilities which you yourself say you are not sure of which is the case in this game. Yes. What you say makes sense if he is town. But, you don't know if he is town. He could be scum. If he is scum, you suggesting he doesn't talk, and you ignoring info he gives the town is the EXACT OPPOSITE of townieness.
As I have said before, townies would have NO REASON to lie in thread. Therefore liars are scum.
Charter wrote:If I miss a question, point it out and I'll answer it.
Sigh, fair. I'll go back through soon and catch the stuff I want you to answer by quoting it back to you.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by dramonic »

You know, instead of latching onto a single mistake I did you ought to try to broaden your view. You've yet to comment on Kitty Amished and VP.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:56 am

Post by hohum »

dramonic wrote:You know, instead of latching onto a single mistake I did you ought to try to broaden your view. You've yet to comment on Kitty Amished and VP.
Trying to draw attention away from your scum partner?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 am

Post by dramonic »

You think I'm scum with Charter now?
I'm a hoot
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Amished »

@hohum: Most likely scum? Charter, where your vote is or Dram? Or somebody else?

@Scien: Why would scum make so obvious of a lie and get caught through out of thread things?

@Dram: Regarding your suspicion on Scien: Is there anything else you think is scummy, or just the fact that he's hammering on you?

No, my name is not "Ed."
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 am

Post by charter »

Scien, I am NOT doing a quote war. I'm not going to answer any questions that boil down to why I don't want people spamming. The answer to any question of 'why don't you want more info' is because I don't want it if it's useless. I'm not answering any dumb questions of "how are you going to figure out his alignment?", scumhunting. I'm ignoring because I find the game more enjoyable and easier.
Scien wrote:Nope. I am sure Dramonic is scum. I am examining you. There is a difference. True or false, you think anyone questioning you thinks you scum or is scum? [not rhetorical]
Why are you voting for me then? Twice. You're almost certainly wrong about dramonic though. False.
You haven't said anything about Kittymo or Amished. Why aren't you questioning them and giving them a reason to post? Doesn't seem like an effective way of getting as much info as you can, though when hohum posts useless posts, you criticize me for ignoring them. But you're ignoring two players! This is just the easy answer for me to give (still true though), by missing things, I meant stuff like Balter hiding behind me when questioning hohum. I see he's also hidden behind you as well, looks like you missed that too. You know, ACTUALLY scummy things.
They really don't tell you if someone's posts are town motivated or scum motivated. Like now, for instance, I'd be giving all the same answers regardless of alignment, asking 20 questions isn't as useful as one really good question.
Ok, I think I've found the root of this disagreement. Information is not the same as MOAR WORDS PLZ. Typing as much as you can is not information and is bad for finding scum. Doesn't matter who is typing a lot.
You have much to learn.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 am

Post by charter »

Amished, who is your top suspect currently and why?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:21 am

Post by Scien »

Dramonic wrote:You know, instead of latching onto a single mistake I did you ought to try to broaden your view. You've yet to comment on Kitty Amished and VP.
Except I don't think it was a mistake. I think it was a lie. And a lie deserves a policy lynch.
Amished wrote:Why would scum make so obvious of a lie and get caught through out of thread things?
See. This is a good question. Let me ask another to start off. Hypothetical, you are the last to confirm, and someone comes out and attacks you for it. Would you say a typical response was that would to just comment on that being WIFOM and a null tell, or would you try to provide an excuse? The fact that he came up with an excuse is strange to me alone. (Why take the safe path that should anger no one, when in fact you should be suspicious of me tossing out WIFOM arguments against you)

Now to actually answer your question. I don't think it was as obvious at the time. If I was scum in that situation and felt I needed to provide an excuse, I think I would have picked something along those lines. It would be easy for me to A) forget that everything is freggin timestamped B) forget that even though I thought it was an entirely unprovable account of my personal issues outside of thread, it could actually hurt me.

By combining those two, I think it was a post that started out as just a quick way to drop suspicion (even if just WIFOM) while providing safety in the fact that your claim could not be counter attacked. It wasn't until we looked at timestamps did the lie come out.

Meh. I guess its a long way of saying it, but it doesn't seem like it was obvious. Its obvious now, but not when the statement was made.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Amished »

@Charter: Hohum and Scien. Scien for his attack on Dram (Dram's action that Scien is harping on isn't scummy in my eyes, so the attack, considering the duration and intensity of it make me think he's trying to look pro-town by attacking something little for a long time, without looking at other people as much). Hohum for his first early posts, looks like scum to me. I could see them being scumbuddies as well.

@Scien: Don't answer my question with a question right away. Both could be used depending on the player and the situation. There is no clear cut "right" answer because if there was, no scum would be dumb enough to use the other answer as the other one would be "right" 100% of the time and would make them appear insanely townie (which is the point of being mafia).

Scien and Hohum are still scum.

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Open Games”