Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by chamber »

Budja wrote:
Vote: GreenDude
, for having such a hard to read colour :P

This

Vote: GreenDude.

Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by chamber »

Manzcar wrote:
vote chamber
for putting greendude at L-2 in the first 10 posts

Hes l-4...

And to be quite honest I did'nt remember red's vote. But I'll keep it on yellow anyway.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by chamber »

unvote
l-3 is a little much.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 am

Post by chamber »

Vote semioldguy
High horses are high.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 am

Post by chamber »

semioldguy wrote:
chamber wrote:

Vote semioldguy
High horses are high.
Your OMGUS and hypocrisy are noted. You seem strongly concerned with a wagon that builds quickly, yet now you seem to seek out to do the exact thing you ctiticize, build a wagon quickly with no case to support.

If chamber flips scum, GreenDude could be a likely buddy due to the different wagon reactions.

First, that was the second vote not the forth. Second that was for an arbitrary reason, my vote for you was note.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by chamber »

semioldguy wrote:
chamber wrote:

First, that was the second vote not the forth. Second that was for an arbitrary reason, my vote for you was note.
First, arguing which number it was doesn't address what the vote does or appears to be doing. Second, if you don't share your reason, then I have no reason to believe your vote on me wasn't arbitrary. And it's still OMGUS.

From the wiki:

OMGUS stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you.

Since my vote wasn't because you voted me at all it is in fact NOT an omgus vote.

Also I don't explain my votes, get over it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by chamber »

I took a couple year break so maybe I missed the evolution of it, but I've only ever known it by my quoted definition.
I don't think being abrasive is scummy, and I don't think explaining votes is pro town.
Why should the number of votes I have change my response?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by chamber »

Kirbyoshi wrote:

And how would not explaining votes be pro-town?

I'm asked this too often, I should write it out and put it in an md thread sometime. In the meantime all thats important as far as my alighnment goes is that I believe it, and that fact is fairly well documented, including my sig.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by chamber »

Meant title. what I get for not double checking posts.

sig = signature
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #74 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by chamber »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
chamber wrote:

Meant title. what I get for not double checking posts.

sig = signature
Still doesn't explain why you don't explain your votes, just that you don't.
That is correct. If I do so regardless of alignment though it should be an irrelevent point. I just don't feel like explaining myself right now, maybe another day.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by chamber »

oops
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by chamber »

I feel so loved.
Why I think something is irrelevant. Only that I do is important in determining my alignment. If you are going to vote for me for it anyway then you aren't playing in a protown fashion.

(and for the record its a lot harder to play as scum when you can't explain your votes.)
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #85 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by chamber »

SocioPath wrote:
chamber wrote:
Why I think something is irrelevant. Only that I do is important in determining my alignment. If you are going to vote for me for it anyway then you aren't playing in a protown fashion.

(and for the record its a lot harder to play as scum when you can't explain your votes.)
Wat.

If you don't understand something you are going to need to be a lot more specific.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #90 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by chamber »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
chamber, I don't think why you think something is irrelevant. In fact, I think it's extremely relevant. In addition, you should explain why you're so averse to giving us a simple reason for why you're not giving us any concrete cases,
which is what this game is based on
. You're still digging yourself deeper, as evidenced by the votes pouring in on you.

Josh wrote:
If you don't "feel like" explaining yourself, perhaps you shouldn't "feel like" playing.
QFT
Knowing the reason for why I believe something is only useful because it lets you evaluate weather I truly believe it or not. Given that there is evidence that I do believe it out there for you guys to go get (title included) why I believe it becomes mostly irrelevant.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #94 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Post by chamber »

I just asked to be replaced out because the people in this game don't seem to enjoy the way I play. I hope you don't hold it against whoever replaces me, as it is something I do as all alignments.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #115 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by chamber »

ChiboSempai wrote:
Who is to say that everything from Chamber is gone? If he acted what we thought was scummy meaning he was mafia, then whoever replaces him would have the same role and be mafia as well. I'm gonna keep my vote for the time being and see how it plays out.

I don't think a replacement has been found for me yet so in the mean time I just want to say that what I was being attacked for was my play style. If you look at other games I've played in that would become very apparent. Several players showed a distaste for my play style. I'd rather be unhappy and replace out leaving the game with 12 happy players then remain in the game and make other players enjoy it less, or worse potentially compromise the game by getting lynched for an out of game reason. If my replacement is just going to be in the same situation I was in then there is no need for me to replace out. In short I ask you "Was what I did really scummy, or did you just dislike that I was doing it?"

@kirby Its violet.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by chamber »

SocioPath wrote:
chamber wrote:
In short I ask you "Was what I did really scummy, or did you just dislike that I was doing it?"

Its scummy by every definition of the word.

Having a scummy meta and then defending those scummy actions in game with a cry of "but thats my meta!" is also scummy.

Lets say my meta was that of refusing to vote ever. Regardless of alignment, I never vote. Or anything of the sort. And then defended not voted by saying I never vote. And then even got a title based on never voting...that does not change the fact that its scummy.
Part of scum hunting is voting patterns...but oh look, never voting means no voting patterns, no RVS votes, nothing. Not even a self vote.
Thats not really playing the game though, thats just being a jackass for metas sake. Perhaps to boost my chances to win at being scum cause I'm a harder read! Oh Boy!

Anywho, you asked for replacement, and the mod reconfirmed as such...I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be posting in games where the mod is actively looking to replace you.
Site violations and such.
I don't think there is any such rule, but if the mod asks me to stop I will. I just don't want my replacement to have to carry this around. That aside in your example that players actions would be at worst anti-town, not scummy. This also means my actions are at worse anti-town, and not scummy. And since I wont be here much longer they wont be being done any longer and since they weren't scummy they shouldn't carry on to whomever replaces me. I say this of course without admitting that what I said was anti-town. For clarities sake I take 'anti-town' to mean any action that hurts the town, and 'scummy' to mean actions that indicates the person that did said action is scum. These often overlap but don't always do so. Having an anti-town meta would be such a case.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #120 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 am

Post by chamber »

ChiboSempai wrote:
I don't even like the whole ~I don't like situation I'm replacing out~ kind of ordeal anyway. If the role is scum, then keeping some votes on as a pressure would do good I think. Imagine if you were the replacement's shoes, your told the game has already been going on for a handful of pages, your mafia, and you've got votes on you already. How do you work your way out of it? They would have to do something if they want to convince us otherwise and want to win the game.

Instead of giving the new player the benefit of the doubt (esp since the role is the same), I'm going to look to the new player to prove that they aren't scum to us instead of looking for reasons in the new player to believe again that they are scum.

You seem to be missing the point. I'm not replacing out because I don't like the situation, I'm replacing out because you guys don't like my play style. It is exactly that though, a play style. I don't explain my votes. Policy lynching me for it would be one thing, but to prevent that I'm leaving. Finding me scummy for it is simply being idiotic. Feel free to hold anything else I've done against my replacement though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”