Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

/confirmed
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Dammit, I missed a perfect opportunity to /fun-kerm.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:44 am

Post by MacavityLock »

SL, you need to clarify like now. Does PR mean post restriction or power role? Do you have an anti-town role or anti-town power?

Kirby and Monkey, why did you not comment on SL and her softclaim?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:10 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:SL, you need to clarify like now. Does PR mean post restriction or power role? Do you have an anti-town role or anti-town power?

Kirby and Monkey, why did you not comment on SL and her softclaim?
Because I take a cautious approach to making attacks early in day 1. I find exaggerating what happens early in the day often leads to mislynches. Also I've been trying to determine the motives for the softclaim, the whole scenario seems a little strange to me.
There's a big difference between commenting and attacking, which is why I said "comment", not "attack". If the whole scenario is strange to you, why didn't you ask about it, like I did?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:32 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Vote: MonkeyMan
. Jordan is directly answering a question about the people on his wagon. That's not OMGUS. I agree that Jordan should add more on why you and Kirby are "strange", but your calling this OMGUS is scummy.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:31 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I'm feeling good about the Monkey-wagon. Ecto's catch of being cautious with respect to SL while not being cautious with respect to Jordan is a good one.

However, the following is ridiculous:
Ectomancer wrote:P.S. - I believe that posting under your alt repeatedly in this game is your method of making it difficult to analyze and follow the thread of your posts. You might make an actual effort at logging in under the name you are playing this game under.
That's a massive stretch. Occam's Razor suggests that not re-logging in under the correct name is an easy and innocent mistake to make. That is, I can't read it as anything but null and it tweaks my scum-dar a bit by saying it's not null.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #111 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Ecto, can you please preview and correct the tags in your posts next time? I'm finding it rather hard to parse your most recent two.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Snix wrote:My vote stays on you for now but, MacavityLock do you have anything to say other than a critique of someone elses posting abilities?
I'm catching up after a day of classes. Right now, I see nothing to put me off of the Monkey-wagon. Also, a question:
MonkeyMan576, with his EBWOPed correction wrote:The debate between ecto and I has been fairly intense, and I think both sides have been presented and there's not a whole lot more to be gained by excessive debate. That being said, I'm always willing to listen to opinions, but I don't see a whole lot of people offering anything new.
Does this mean that you want us to stop bringing up the case? Does this mean that you want today's outcome to be either a you or Ecto/Jordan lynch? Don't we need to continue the debate to try to ferret out the correct scum?

----

I also have some questions for you, Snix.
Snix wrote:1. You seem intent on monopolising this conversation in a monkey bash that still does not impress me. It has no sure footing and still seems to be grasping at straws.
Wherein has Ecto been grasping at straws? You certainly haven't provided examples as yet.
Snix wrote:Answer me this; Who do you think are Monkey's scum buddies at this point? Do you think Jordan could be scum?
What is the purpose of the scumbuddy question at this point? Who couldn't be Monkey's scumbuddy right now? For that matter, the same is true of Jordan and Ecto. Making any sort of argument based on scumbuddies right now is awful.
Snix wrote:Jordan would have passed under my Radar if Ecto and ML hadn't jumped on Monkey for something that seemed near harmless. The wagon on Jordan was already rolling, pointing out something that seems off in an overview (IE Monkey's statement that Jordan saying that monkey is weird is OMGUS when he a. already had a vote on Jordan and b. didn't really push for jordan's lynch anymore than he had.) is a null tell.
I don't understand this. How would Jordan have passed under your radar, given that he was the big wagon? How does me and Ecto going after Monkey say
anything
with respect to Jordan? I can't make sense of your second sentence here at all.
Snix wrote:Ecto has my vote because Ecto seems scummy, Jordan seems scummy through Ecto's actions.
Again, without confirmed scum or confirmed town, I have a hard time seeing how someone's actions can make another person look scummy.
Snix wrote:3. Saying that's not how you see it is as close to dodging as possible without not answering the question.
Your question was "Jordan seemed to shut up after you stated that he made a newb mistake, experienced scum hushing up the less experienced?" I'm not sure what you were expecting Ecto to say here. That is, how else can someone answer that other than with a yes or a no? Seriously loaded question.

----

Love to hear more from DDD, Kirby, and Malcolm.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #129 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Snix wrote:
Wherein has Ecto been grasping at straws? You certainly haven't provided examples as yet.
Alright, let me put it another way: Neither of the sides had much validity, not Monkey's wagon nor Jordan's. I jumped on Ecto because his turn around on Monkey seemed spastic and uncalled for. Had I started reading earlier in the day I would have gone after someone else who was on the Jordan wagon. Neither had footing.
That's no better of a way of putting it, that's just as vague. Why is there no validity?
Snix wrote:
I don't understand this. How would Jordan have passed under your radar, given that he was the big wagon? How does me and Ecto going after Monkey say
anything
with respect to Jordan? I can't make sense of your second sentence here at all.
I didn't see the sense in his wagon as I stated above. I didn't think he was scum then and
again
still don't, just a newb.
So can you unpack the bit I quoted? It still doesn't make sense.
Snix wrote:
Again, without confirmed scum or confirmed town, I have a hard time seeing how someone's actions can make another person look scummy.
Which is why I'm not voting Jordan. I don't think you guys listen very well.
But why are you made more suspicious of Jordan for it? Voting for him or not, you've said that Ecto's actions have somehow made Jordan more suspicious to you.
Snix wrote:Ecto has my vote because Ecto seems scummy, Jordan seems scummy through Ecto's actions.
Or am I reading that wrong?
Snix wrote:
Your question was "Jordan seemed to shut up after you stated that he made a newb mistake, experienced scum hushing up the less experienced?" I'm not sure what you were expecting Ecto to say here. That is, how else can someone answer that other than with a yes or a no? Seriously loaded question.
I wasn't looking for a yes or a no in particular, just a real response
What would a "real response" to that question be?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #132 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Snix wrote:as far as the
quick
turnaround on monkey goes, it was quick... ie spastic. Although more so on ML's part than ecto. Ecto just seemed to be leading it.
Huh? I don't understand this either. Monkey did the first thing in this game that I considered legitimately scummy, as described in my post 50. What was quick or spastic about that?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #171 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 am

Post by MacavityLock »

EL, are you taking Monkey off the hook for a claim?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #221 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:32 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Need to catch up after a busy weekend. I don't see a problem with a vanilla roleclaim. It doesn't make me want to shift the wagon at the moment, but it doesn't make me think he's any
more
likely to be scum.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #294 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:40 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Well, charter's entrance shakes things up a bit, don't it? A good portion of the Kirby case is pretty reasonable, and I could get behind it. One big old problem I have with your initial pass-through charter is how heavily you leaned on pairings. I mean, you said it yourself, you were up to 5 scum at one point. People agree with other's arguments all the time, do you really think it makes them any more likely to be scumbuddies? I really don't think it's a great scumhunting method until we actually have some flips.

For everyone, a question about charter's claim. I've never played with a Paranoid Gun Owner before, and as far as I can tell it's a pretty uncommon role. It's going to prevent cops/trackers from targeting him, so this seems like it would make for a pretty amazing fakeclaim. Is it common strategy for a PGO to claim on first post (essentially)? Possibilities that this is a really great fakeclaim? I have no idea, so other opinions/other games/discussions anyone could point me to would be helpful.

----

As for Monkey, the fact is he twisted himself into knots trying to explain his hands-off approach to SL vs his prying approach to Jordan, as well as the "OMGUS" attack on Jordan. Monkey's iso 25 "back off" post to EL reeks. Additionally, lost in the Monkey/Jordan claim debate is the fact that Monkey waited until L-1 to claim (in fact, he had a post w/o a claim while at L-1), even though he was supposedly a proponent of claiming earlier than that (L-2). Fear re: a fakeclaim? Also, the DDD-wagon is crap. I still like a Monkey-wagon.

----

People we haven't heard from in a while: ekiM, Snix, SL.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #297 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:52 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm a proponent of L-2 claiming, but I'm not a proponent of claiming without being asked. Since no one had asked me to claim at L-2, I didn't. Also, I was suspicious of the last two votes on my wagon.
contradicts with
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I disagree, L-1 gives scum the opportunity to drop the hammer before the roleclaim, so L-2 is the more ideal time.
Is it about the possibility of hammer, or the claim request?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #331 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
@mod: Please don't tell us if there is a PGO, but if there is, would a mafia target be a mutual kill?
This is a no-bones, 100% anti-town question to ask. I don't see a single way this helps the town, and if answered, clearly helps scum.
Unvote. Vote: Kirby.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #778 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Go team! I was super-excited about this game right up until charter killed me. charter, I really thought that all your tells on me were predicated on kirby-scum. Why'd you vig me?

Anyway, great play by ekiM and EK. Glad to have been a even a short time member of the team.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #783 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

We chose to NK spring/kiku because we were pretty sure that her potentially strong pro-town consequence of her power was to out our fakeclaims. We were right. And, as it turned out, we never used our given fakeclaims.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #785 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Also, good modding, and thanks Zorblag! Loved the theme, and I don't think I've enjoyed a PM more than Floyd Pepper's excited face staring back at me.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #800 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:42 am

Post by MacavityLock »

ekiM wrote:Heh, just noticed this:
Zorblag wrote:Night Actions:

Night One:
elvis_knits (Zoot, mafia goon) kills kikuchiyo

Night Three:
elvis_knits (Zoot, mafia goon) kills kikuchiyo (blocked)

Night Four:
elvis_knits (Zoot, mafia goon) kills kikuchiyo
What you got against the lady, Elvis?!
You just noticed that? I thought it was hilarious. As I said in our QT, I felt kind of bad for her, but not too bad :} Sorry kiku, you took over player spots that made really good targets.

I have no problem passing along the QT thread. ekiM & EK?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #802 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Elvis consented in the QT. Here you go: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/THf3mGauvRZ

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”