Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Snix »

/confirm
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Snix »

FOS: Jordan

He seems to post a lot without much contribution or (in later pages) defense.

He does very little to dissuade the wagon on him but it jumps quickly on to Monkey, headed by Macavitylock and backed up by ecto. Neither of which have very strong logic, soo..

Vote: Ectomancer

Monkey doesn't seem scum to me, he asks a few questions, over-reacts a little, and people jump on him. It seems like all he wanted was a little more substance to jordan's overview.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Snix »

ectomancer wrote: Snix, I challenge you to explain the logic that would dictate that a town player ignore a universally confusing statement and in the next moment take a scummy poke at a possible town softclaim. His lack of caution surrounding the softclaim utterly dispels the notion that he is cautious by nature, which is the excuse he gave for ignoring Spring.
I cannot explain another's actions in the least bit. I can only explain how I feel about it, and personally it seems like a null tell. SL had a confusing post about her roll and others had already asked for clarification. The entire town does not need to restate the same obvious thing.

Now as for my strong logic:

1. You seem intent on monopolising this conversation in a monkey bash that still does not impress me. It has no sure footing and still seems to be grasping at straws.
2. You are defending Jordan, no matter how you put it. The fact that you deny it just makes it clearer that there is a connection you don't want seen.
3. Jordan seemed to shut up after you stated that he made a newb mistake, experienced scum hushing up the less experienced? Could be.

Answer me this; Who do you think are Monkey's scum buddies at this point? Do you think Jordan could be scum?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Snix »

Eldritch Lord wrote:What case do you have against Jordan, Snix?

It seems like your reasoning against Ecto hinges on Jordan's scumminess. I fail to see anything that really jumps out as a scumtell from Jordan.
Almost the exact opposite sir, hence my vote on Ecto and not Jordan. Jordan would have passed under my Radar if Ecto and ML hadn't jumped on Monkey for something that seemed near harmless. The wagon on Jordan was already rolling, pointing out something that seems off in an overview (IE Monkey's statement that Jordan saying that monkey is weird is OMGUS when he a. already had a vote on Jordan and b. didn't really push for jordan's lynch anymore than he had.) is a null tell.

Ecto has my vote because Ecto seems scummy, Jordan seems scummy through Ecto's actions.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote: Wait, please dont say you think my vote is because Monkey called Jordan's response to my question OMGUS. Seriously, because if you do I'm on the Moon and you are on Mars.
Roight, sorry. I had it in my mind that you voted slightly earlier than you did. Although the point still does apply.

1. Meta-gaming never struck right with me, and that isn't even Monkey. One man's response to two different softclaims is different from another

2. Fair point

3. Saying that's not how you see it is as close to dodging as possible without not answering the question.

My vote stays on you for now but, MacavityLock do you have anything to say other than a critique of someone elses posting abilities?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Snix »

ahh yes, EL but, cut off the head of a serpent and the body ceases to move.

Your logic is flawed, you fail to take into account the fact that although Jordan was a part of the attacks, Ecto was the leader and, if town, horribly mislead and if scum the charismatic one (this is where my money lies). whereas Jordan as a high chance of just being a newb.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Snix »

Fair enough, If I believed Jordan was Scum all on his own. Which I don't. I clearly state in my last post I believe he is just a new player and not scum. Whereas Ecto's behavior seems to me like scum behavior, then ecto defends Jordan and jordan seems scummy through association. If Ecto comes up town I wont believe Jordan is scum at this point.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Snix »

Wherein has Ecto been grasping at straws? You certainly haven't provided examples as yet.
Alright, let me put it another way: Neither of the sides had much validity, not Monkey's wagon nor Jordan's. I jumped on Ecto because his turn around on Monkey seemed spastic and uncalled for. Had I started reading earlier in the day I would have gone after someone else who was on the Jordan wagon. Neither had footing.
What is the purpose of the scumbuddy question at this point? Who couldn't be Monkey's scumbuddy right now? For that matter, the same is true of Jordan and Ecto. Making any sort of argument based on scumbuddies right now is awful.
Ecto was gunning for Monkey and I wanted to know what he expected of day 2 if Monkey's wagon went through.
I don't understand this. How would Jordan have passed under your radar, given that he was the big wagon? How does me and Ecto going after Monkey say
anything
with respect to Jordan? I can't make sense of your second sentence here at all.
I didn't see the sense in his wagon as I stated above. I didn't think he was scum then and
again
still don't, just a newb.
Again, without confirmed scum or confirmed town, I have a hard time seeing how someone's actions can make another person look scummy.
Which is why I'm not voting Jordan. I don't think you guys listen very well.
Your question was "Jordan seemed to shut up after you stated that he made a newb mistake, experienced scum hushing up the less experienced?" I'm not sure what you were expecting Ecto to say here. That is, how else can someone answer that other than with a yes or a no? Seriously loaded question.
I wasn't looking for a yes or a no in particular, just a real response.

[/u]
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Snix »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
Snix wrote:2. You are defending Jordan, no matter how you put it. The fact that you deny it just makes it clearer that there is a connection you don't want seen.
3. Jordan seemed to shut up after you stated that he made a newb mistake, experienced scum hushing up the less experienced? Could be.

Answer me this; Who do you think are Monkey's scum buddies at this point? Do you think Jordan could be scum?
Two of your logic points are based on his defense of Jordan, Snix. Without that, your case against Ecto comes down to gut feeling.
Not points of logic, just observations I wanted responses to.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Snix »

You seem to not understand, I didn't vote Ecto because he defended Jordan. I voted ecto because he denied it.

I didn't vote Ecto because of point 3 either, it was merely something I wanted a response to.

as far as the
quick
turnaround on monkey goes, it was quick... ie spastic. Although more so on ML's part than ecto. Ecto just seemed to be leading it.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote:
Snix wrote: If Ecto comes up town I wont believe Jordan is scum at this point.
Why exactly would you do that? I've not seen anything Jordan has done to appear town today, and if I don't turn up Mason, how the hell would me being town clear Jordan? The primary method I have of determining that is if Monkey shows up as scum, because I really doubt he would be prodding at a 'softclaim' of a scum buddy.
You really need to keep your scumdar up and
actually pay attention when I say that an attack on Monkey's attack is not a defense of his target!
As to the defense part I already agreed with you on that here:
snix wrote:2. Fair point
(that was in post 115)
The rest of town keep bringing it up and I have to explain my reasoning when I said it.

But Jordan hasn't really done anything that's scummy either, at least not in my eyes. [/quote]
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Snix »

MacavityLock wrote:
Snix wrote:
Wherein has Ecto been grasping at straws? You certainly haven't provided examples as yet.
Alright, let me put it another way: Neither of the sides had much validity, not Monkey's wagon nor Jordan's. I jumped on Ecto because his turn around on Monkey seemed spastic and uncalled for. Had I started reading earlier in the day I would have gone after someone else who was on the Jordan wagon. Neither had footing.
That's no better of a way of putting it, that's just as vague. Why is there no validity?
Snix wrote:
I don't understand this. How would Jordan have passed under your radar, given that he was the big wagon? How does me and Ecto going after Monkey say
anything
with respect to Jordan? I can't make sense of your second sentence here at all.
I didn't see the sense in his wagon as I stated above. I didn't think he was scum then and
again
still don't, just a newb.
So can you unpack the bit I quoted? It still doesn't make sense.
Snix wrote:
Again, without confirmed scum or confirmed town, I have a hard time seeing how someone's actions can make another person look scummy.
Which is why I'm not voting Jordan. I don't think you guys listen very well.
But why are you made more suspicious of Jordan for it? Voting for him or not, you've said that Ecto's actions have somehow made Jordan more suspicious to you.
Snix wrote:Ecto has my vote because Ecto seems scummy, Jordan seems scummy through Ecto's actions.
Or am I reading that wrong?
Snix wrote:
Your question was "Jordan seemed to shut up after you stated that he made a newb mistake, experienced scum hushing up the less experienced?" I'm not sure what you were expecting Ecto to say here. That is, how else can someone answer that other than with a yes or a no? Seriously loaded question.
I wasn't looking for a yes or a no in particular, just a real response
What would a "real response" to that question be?
1. I don't know how else to put it. I'm not on Jordan's wagon because It doesn't seem founded and I'm not on Monkey's for the same reason. I'm a gut player, if that helps you understand. I read things and get a gut feeling and neither wagon has a "this guy is scum" feeling

2. I was basically saying I don't see monkey pointing out the OMGUS as scummy and you jumped on it like crazy..

3. in my eyes IFF ecto turns up scum today, then Jordan is scum.

4. Anything other than "that's not how I see it" Citing examples where I'm wrong would be one. Saying that's not really a connection could be another. Anything.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Snix »

Eldritch Lord wrote:1. This is not good, gut feelings are not on par with good logic.
2. Agreed, the jump was a little quick. Making note of this.
3. This is a possibility, but if he doesn't Jordan is still grey. Lynching Jordan is a better choice.
4. It was a loaded question with no possibility for substantial response. Don't pretend it wasn't.
1. It's how I play. And it's done me ok
3. Maybe statistically
4. Are you telling me you could not come up with a response to that?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Snix »

Screw waiting for a second vote,
Vote DDD

Coming out of nowhere and putting someone at L-1 is pretty fishy. My vote on Ecto was only there because I had yet to find someone that popped out at me as more scummy. Now I have.

I ask that we all at least wait for a response from Monkey before anyone hammers.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Snix »

I enjoy the fact that never once did I come up in the Charter Inquisition. I don't really know how to take that...

Also, Charter: Why do you not think DDD is scum? Or at least very scummy?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Snix »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Snix, I'd like to hear your read on Charter, if at all possible.
Right now I'm waiting for a response to my questions and then will give a verdict. Don't want my attitude to taint the response in any way.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Snix »

charter wrote:
Snix wrote:I enjoy the fact that never once did I come up in the Charter Inquisition. I don't really know how to take that...

Also, Charter: Why do you not think DDD is scum? Or at least very scummy?
You didn't stand out very much in my read (which is good, I normally just note scummy things). Right now, I'm leaning town on you. I went and checked, and I see you're voting Ectomancer, so townpoints for that, but it also seems like you have been doing this all game. Why have you only voted Ectomancer?

I don't think DDD is scum because the only questionable thing he's done is vote MM.
Bold is mine.

It's also the only thing he has done. And it put someone at L-1 and he had almost no explanation and even you have said you don't think Monkey is scum.

To answer your question: I am currently voting DDD and started voting Ecto for reasons already stated. He answered my questions sufficiently but my vote stayed because a) he was still on the top of my scum list and b) he was in no danger of being lynched.

I am still for the DDD wagon, it seriously looked like a bad attempt to quick hammer that went wrong because no one else (either his scum buddy or misguided town) finished MM off.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Snix »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: It's almost like my posts 162 and 170 don't exist. Except they do, you might not like my reasons but to suggest that that I didn't provide an explanation is a fabrication.
Those reasonings are nothing more than rehashes of ecto's points and I would have thought some new revelation would have come to you to suddenly make you stop lurking.
This seems awfully contingent upon the knowledge that MM is actually town which isn't confirmed at all and it's something only scum would know.
So as scum I'm defending a townie to do.... what?

I know what you're getting at but it makes no sense. I believe someone is town and see someone else attempting to set up a quick-hammer I'm going to be suspicious.

You don't seem to be defending yourself DDD merely brushing off votes with responses like:
Kirbyoshi gets -1 points for failing to use any of the phrases "blatant(ly)", "ham-handed", "brazen", or "unabashedly" in his post.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Snix »

question to monkey: What makes you think there are 3 scum? I don't see it anywhere in the first post.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Snix »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:The Swedish Chef is not second string.
So he's lying to us so that someone unvotes before mod notices oor he's going to come up Swedish Chef even though he's not second string oor Mod made a mistake?

Very interesting indeed.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Snix »

First of all, Ecto it is either great coincidence or we both know the real reason you are targeting me...

Secondly, I thought I made it clear multiple times that I was voting you over ML BECAUSE YOU WERE PUSHING IT WHILE ML DISAPPEARED.

And I already apologized and responded to your third point 115. I said:
[quote= "snix"] Roight, sorry. I had it in my mind that you voted slightly earlier than you did. Although the point still does apply. [/quote]

I am personally going to
Vote: Elvis_Knits

She Lurks through most of day 1, Pops up to defend DDD (who I still am suspicious of) and then hammers Kirby.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Snix »

Ecto, you seem to have ignored my response to you.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Snix »

DDD, Claim. If you are town you should do this, If you are scum then you might as well.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Snix »

At least the name of your Muppet.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Snix »

charter wrote:
Snix wrote:At least the name of your Muppet.
Role too.
He is trying to stall the lynch by not claiming and does not want to claim a role. If he just posts the name of his Muppet I can get some information out of it.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Snix »

How bout this DDD you claim and then we have something more to discuss then EL's claim and investigation.

Sound better than shouting Freon??
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Snix »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Snix wrote:How bout this DDD you claim and then we have something more to discuss then EL's claim and investigation.

It might be better, but it's not as much fun.

And I'm not asking for a lot, just a show of good faith from one person.
I've had enough faith to note vote yet, is that not good enough??
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Snix »

Snix wrote:
Snix wrote:How bout this DDD you claim and then we have something more to discuss then EL's claim and investigation.

It might be better, but it's not as much fun.

And I'm not asking for a lot, just a show of good faith from one person.
I've had enough faith to note vote yet, is that not good enough??
Nah, that's not faith, that's rationality. It makes sense to not vote and to listen to both sides. I want just one person to put a little stock in me, to believe in either me or their reads from earlier in the game.
Sadly my earlier reads of you were scum and EL as neutral. Neither of those help you.

All I'm asking for is the name of your Muppet. Not even a role.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Snix »

Fine,
Vote: EL

Is that good enough for you.

I promise you, If you flip town I will hang EL from the gallows by his balls.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Snix »

Well, that's all I wanted for tonight.

I personally will not lynch DDD as he could have claimed miller outright, but only hinted at it (he even goes so far as to say he doesn't believe he is). Plus, if EL is Sam the Eagle it is more likely than not that he is not completely sane.

I still do not like Elvis and will hopefully get around to fleshing out my case more tomorrow.

Vote: Elvis
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Snix »

elvis_knits wrote:Well, charter did hit scum N1, so in that sense, his play was not bad. I'm having a hard time understanding the rest of his play though.

And I guess EL was an insane or paranoid cop? That's unexpected in a mini.

One of the reasons I think snix is the scummiest is that he already said something like maybe EL is insane cop. Which is something I wouldn't expect anyone to guess. But if you're scum you know that's probably the case if EL and DDD are not on your team. Also, I think snix has the strongest ties to ML... how he attacked ML and Ecto and voted ecto over ML.

I hate no lynching, but this is probably one of the those situations where it could be good. Even number alive. And we're probably at lylo assuming 2 scum left. So we basically have to lynch right today or do a no-lynch and hope for some info overnight.
I believed DDD's claim and read the wiki article for Sam the Eagle. It was possible that I was wrong but if anyone was going to be an insane cop it would have been sam. Since names seem to be linked to rolls I think it might help if we all name claimed.

I am Hilda.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Snix »

Or, elvis, so I can figure out who is scum?

You yourself just said that we don't have any power rolls left. ]

We are not in a situation to be hasty or quick with voting.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Snix »

Think about it, no lynch doesn't hurt town. Especially when we are a confused town. It prevents us from mislynching and gives us more to go on the next day. Scum want a lynch so long as it doesn't involve them.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snix wrote:Or, elvis, so I can figure out who is scum?

You yourself just said that we don't have any power rolls left. ]

We are not in a situation to be hasty or quick with voting.
But you were pretty hasty in asking for a mass claim.
What? Really? Thats what you have. Town needs information, Scum right now is sitting pretty. To help town any information is helpful.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snix wrote:Think about it, no lynch doesn't hurt town. Especially when we are a confused town. It prevents us from mislynching and gives us more to go on the next day. Scum want a lynch so long as it doesn't involve them.
Scum would also favor a no lynch if a potential lynch does involve them. All these mass claim or no lynch gimmicks rather than talking about suspects and figuring out who is scum is rather scummy IMHO.
Defending myself is scummy? Since when.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snix wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snix wrote:Think about it, no lynch doesn't hurt town. Especially when we are a confused town. It prevents us from mislynching and gives us more to go on the next day. Scum want a lynch so long as it doesn't involve them.
Scum would also favor a no lynch if a potential lynch does involve them. All these mass claim or no lynch gimmicks rather than talking about suspects and figuring out who is scum is rather scummy IMHO.
Defending myself is scummy? Since when.
Defending yourself by asking for a mass claim is scummy.
See point about information.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Snix »

So, wait. Massclaim is not scummy when it's your idea but is scummy when it's mine?

Now that is BS.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Ok, I can't help it.

Pro-town - No Lynch in order to mathematically improve odds. In hand with this goes a no information clause.

Monkey is opposed to a No Lynch, despite a valid logical and mathematically provable case for it.

Pro-town - Deciding to use 4 town voices against 2 scum, rather than 3 vs 2 tomorrow. Decision must be made correctly or we lose. All possible information must be divulged today and now, including a mass claim.

Despite being against a No Lynch that would improve town's odds, Monkey is also against divulging all information in order to improve our odds of making a good decision.

In other words, Monkey is siding with the best scum scenario.

Snix on the other hand, is trying to both support a No Lynch
and
get a mass claim going.

You two are being seriously anti-town. You need to shape up and be seriously awesome instead. Just vote No Lynch and stop chattering.
We didn't get any night action info today(so far), what makes you think we'd get some tomorrow? And mass claiming only makes things easier for the scum to know who to kill. Even it's only an educated guess, it's better than just giving scum a free kill.
Not if the educated guess kills town, then we're giving Scum 2 free kills.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Snix »

Vote: No lynch

I think it's the only way to do this right, ATM. Town seem opposed to name claiming.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 am

Post by Snix »

ekiM wrote:I think Jordan should speak before we move to night.
QFT, we need to know where everyone is standing.

Also, I'm going to be V-LA access for a while. I don't know how long, my grandfather just died.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by Snix »

Vote: Elvis_knits

I'm a roll blocker, I blocked Elvis, there was no night kill. Anyone else see what I'm getting at?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Snix »

So I'm claiming last? Seems good to me.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Snix »

Night one was Ecto, I was still suspicious of you

Night Two was EL; if he was fake claiming and was instead scum he'd either be trying to kill someone or, if I asked the next day what his Result was that night he'd have to lie and I'd know.

Night three was Elvis_Knits; her and monkey attacked me viciously yesterday I was suspicious
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Snix »

quick question to all, how many scum do you think are in this game?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Snix »

I personally would like to hear everyone else's takes on the number of scum left. Granted in a 12 player game 3 scum might be normal but nothing else about this game has been normal, why the number of scum?

This information is crucial to determining if we are infact in lylo or not.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Snix »

Here is my problem with not lynching Elvis. But I don't see scum not Night Killing in this type of situation. All it would have taken today (if they had NK'd) was one wrong vote. This doesn't seem like an intelligent gambit. Ecto's fence sitting also worries me. Taking neither side he seems content on hoping that town hits the other scum.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Snix »

Ok, 100% truth time, because if we do lynch scum today I'm sure I'm dead tonight and if we don't it's game over soo...

I am not Hilda, I used that as a name because it was 100% confirmed (by mod) unused in the game (I.E. no one could counter claim truthfully).

The reason I did this is because my real name is Janice from Electric Mayhem. (and the town prostitute apparently) The rest of Electric Mayhem is scum (trying to change the show to all music). There are 3 of them: Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper and Zoot.

I know that they are scum and they know that I know. So I'm a prime target for Night Killing if they knew it was me.

So there it is, that's why Hilda doesn't flavour right for Role Blocker and why I lied.

That's also why I was so interested in why a lot of people thought there were 3 scum total. It was an unknown number and people acted like they knew it as a fact.

I again would like to reiterate why I believe Elvis is scum: I see no point to scum pulling a gambit like this, to not NK and hope to push a misslynch with a higher number of town votes necessary. It would have been much easier to push a misslynch if there was 1 less town.

I'd feel less comfortably with a monkey lynch because in my mind Elvis is 100% scum. If this is some clever Scum gambit then WE'RE DOOMED!!
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (isolation #47) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote:Heh, you are convinced that Elvis is scum because there was no kill and you role...woops no you lied...

Monkey and Snix are our two remaining scum Kiku.
I'm still a roleblocker, genius, never said I wasn't. Did you read any of that? I had to lie or I would have died and given town no information. None.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #48) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Snix »

kikuchiyo wrote:Rereading and I am more convinced that Snix is scum. I think he may be a busdriver or something. It would explain the guilty for sure, and being the only one to question the sanity of Sam, makes you wonder.

I think Ecto may be going a bit far with this.

Elvis: do you think a Ecto/Snix pairing is possible?
I'd like to know why you think this.

also, @ecto, I understand that my result doesn't mean that Elvis is 100% scum but I can't see any other
Logical
explanation for a no kill at night.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #49) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Snix »

elvis_knits wrote:TBH, I'm actually not totally clear on the ecto plan of not lynching snix or me. I mean, I apreciate not dying and all, but I'm not clear on why that is the only strategy. I fail at planning strategy though.
The whole point of it is that neither of us are 100% confirmed scum or town and so long as we lynch right today the night actions would give scum away or there would be no night kill. This would bring it down to a 50/50 chance of finding scum.

This of course is assuming ecto is not scum. If ecto is scum this is a great play to make.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #50) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Snix »

ekiM wrote:Hey Snix, why didn't you answer my question in 708 right away?

What is the flavor justification for Janice being a roleblocker? When you say you're "the town prostitute" are you saying it says that in your role PM?
Yes

Why did you want a name claim yesterday?
I was hoping for scum to slip up and either push for my lynch like crazy after the suggestion (knowing that I was fishing for their real names) or to just say their real names.

Why did you feel the need to continue the lie today?
Still one scum out their and I wasn't in immediate danger, the name ploy didn't work and gave me little to no information for town so it would have been useless to say anything about it till absolutely needed.

Snix wrote:That's also why I was so interested in why a lot of people thought there were 3 scum total. It was an unknown number and people acted like they knew it as a fact.
2 scum out of 12 with town power roles is not remotely balanced, and if there were 4 scum the game would already be over. I'm finding it difficult to believe you really couldn't reason that out.
I didn't need to reason it out, I knew from the start

Snix wrote:I again would like to reiterate why I believe Elvis is scum: I see no point to scum pulling a gambit like this, to not NK and hope to push a misslynch with a higher number of town votes necessary. It would have been much easier to push a misslynch if there was 1 less town.
We NLed because we decided that allowing scum to NK would favor town. Why do you find it so hard to believe then that scum would decline to oblige us?
It's just not what I would do if scum, especially if monkey was town. Wait for him to hotheadedly jump on another townie and quick lynch.
Bold is mine.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote: Snix, make another try at convincing me.
I honestly don't know how. We were all part of the band, they wanted to change and I did not so apparently I broke off and went into hiding.

I've told you everything I know.

My only fear right now ecto is that you are scum. Because so far the town has been following your lead.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #52) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote:Yes, I'm a leader, not so much a follower.

Snix, the problem is that you are telling 2 stories. The flavor would hold in either one of them singly, but combined it is very unbelievable. You know who scum is, so you went into hiding. If you find out which player has their names, you can reveal them as scum and get them lynched. Is that right?
But wait, you're a prostitute and can target individuals to roleblock also? Not very hidey if you get my drift. The reason they are roleblocked is that they presumably are being prostitutinated.
And that is 2 roles in one.

You're going to have to tie that together.
Yeah, it doesn't sync up well. I'm just relaying what I was told. Apparently I've been known to change partners during the show. That seems to be the reasoning for being a prostitute.

I've given you all I've gotten.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (isolation #53) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote:If I die tonight, right now I think that Elvis and Monkey are cleared town.
Yeah, and when I die today it's game over.

I don't get your previous post, you quote yourself seeming to take that as some sort of revelation. What did you suddenly see that made it so clear to you that I was scum? A few hours earlier you wanted me to pretty much quote my role PM. What made you change your mind? Was it the wait, because sorry I have a job. You were with me until then, you of all the town believed me. What happened? What suddenly changed our mind?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote:Congrats on the win scum. I don't think you had to work very hard though.
With your help, no

Vig claims a role designed to discourage investigation and gets caught lying.
Paranoid cop targets town, so we lose 2 town in the "lynch the target, then lynch the liar" strategy when a cop claims a guilty and since the vig clears up the cop at night, and already outed himself, scum just has to take out the vig. Nice bundle there.
I said he was paranoid right off the bat. No one listened.

Janice as a prostitute was fine, but then the whole body swapping thing and an absence of a role cop to find the real names of players and it over complicated the PM, and as a result, the claim itself. Snix also stuck to the idea that roleblocking Elvis proved scum after no NK after a No Lynch which of course it doesn't. Elvis actually turning up scum doesn't mean that the logic was flawed, and continuing to stick to it means someone is deliberate in sticking with a flawed conclusion, and must have an ulterior motive for doing it.
I was right, suck it up and admit you made a mistake.

Of course, even without that I would have lynched Monkey. Is there any town member who wouldn't?
err, me. I was certain EK was scum and I don't think monkey would have bussed his partner so quickly

I spent a large portion of the game leading the charge, so I share blame in the loss myself, and in no less proportion than some. (No really Monkey, you need to change your playstyle)

Looking at it, I don't see that I would have changed my play or what I did. I followed a course of action with the information we had at hand, the town believed I was town, and I was not overly hasty in taking action, thinking things over as much as it needed without over analyzing myself into paralyzing inaction. Sometimes you do what you are supposed to and you still lose and that's just the way things go.

Zorblag, if I were to make a suggestion as to an alteration in the setup, drop the paranoid cop for another vanilla.
Ecto, there were many times during the game in which I was certain you were scum. Your play style wasn't all that good for town, you seemed to be on all the wrong wagons and when we had an almost 100% confirmed scum you put the brakes on it until I was forced to full-claim and subsequently die.

Ekim, you did well. Didn't really suspect you as scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”