Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

/confirm.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:15 am

~Jordan` wrote:i didnt think anything in the pre-game should be taken seriously.

Bad luck is bad luck, and has NOTHING to do w/ this game.

Sigh. You people lynch me before I get a chance to be serious and thoughtful?
You have five votes on you by my count, it takes seven votes to lynch, stop whining and play the game.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:17 am

ekiM wrote:
springlullaby wrote:2)My role is a screw role, I have a PR which is apparently antitown, but my PM hints at possible protown effect if I use it. I've decided that the way I'm gonna play it is as follow: within this post is a cipher, if I decide to use my PR at any given time I'll use the cipher in one of my post so I can ref back to it.

The reason I'm softclaiming now is as follow: a)I'm not sure of the positive effect of my PR which is hinted to be huge b)but i'm pretty sure attracting a kill won't do too much harm to the town since there is a downside to my PR.
You have a choice whether to follow your post restriction? What kind of downside? You won't be able to communicate certain types of information? How much can you tell us here.
I'm pretty sure that PR = Power Role not Post Restriction in this context.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:53 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
ekiM wrote:I should have said earlier---saying that L-2 is a good place to ask for a roleclaim is anti-town. A claim should be requested when someone is ready to drop the hammer. Forcing claims too early helps scum.
I disagree, L-1 gives scum the opportunity to drop the hammer before the roleclaim, so L-2 is the more ideal time.
Guess you better start preparing your fake claim then.

Vote: MonkeyMan576

MM has made absolutely no attempt to refute Ecto's arguments trying to dismiss them for being "psychoanalysis". The cases he's claimed to present have not resonated with me at all and I swear that his behavior seems reminiscient of Mafia 91 where you guessed it, he was scum.

LE's syllogism about a potential relationship between Ecto and Jordan is also incomplete and he seems to miss as much as he hits and I like what I'm seeing from Mike.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:36 am

Snix wrote:Coming out of nowhere and putting someone at L-1 is pretty fishy.
Snix thinks that I shouldn't vote for players I believe to be scum. I find this an interesting take on how best to play mafia, but I think I'm going to ignore it. I see no reason to downplay my interest in a MM lynch or artificially extend a day when I see a someone I believe to be scum.
Eldritch Lord wrote:My syllogism is incomplete in what respect, exactly?
In review it might not have been your arguments, but those you were arguing against. Either way the arguments on both sides seemed to be shortsighted when considering the potential combinations of Ecto/Jordan in that they discounted too many posibilities.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:53 am

He didn't say that, no, but that's the practical effect of his comments; that I was rushing and it would've have been more town to pretend like I was less interested in a MM lynch then I was.

And I'd say those two sentences contain more than just a dodge and meta, I'd rephrase as...

1) His inability or unwillingness to engage with criticisms of his play instead trying to dismiss then out of hand.
2) The fact that he has been unable to present a reasonable case against those who he has chosen to attack.
3) Meta

Which seems fairly substantial to me, certainly enough for me to vote on.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:You're very careful with your wording DDD, you weren't just voting, you were setting someone up to be hammered. There is a scary amount of finality and certainty to that given your lack of recent posting.
Of course I'm careful with my wording, it doesn't help me as town or scum to make mistakes of any kind; let alone silly wording errors.

I have no reason not to project the confidence I feel on the matter. It could be WIFOMed to death, but I'd suggest that my willingness to take a hard stance with confidence is a town-tell and that scum are more likely to waffle and try and keep their options open. Certainly when I look back at my scum play that's the primary issue I see.

~~~

I second Ectomancer's facepalm.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:I also hope that it encourages the rest of our lurkers to do so, as it would be nice to hear input from them rather than playing around with what has essentially been you, Snix, and Monkey. (And recently: Kobyashi)
What nonsense, you jump on me after I posted something controversial. Which is a signal flag to those lurkers that they should skip talking about anything important or skip talking at all. Your actions have the exact opposite effect of the result you hope to incur.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:11 pm

charter wrote:First things first. I am a
Paranoid Gun Owner
. This means it would be unwise to target me at night, you'll die. Any questions?
If you're going to role claim is there any reason not to name claim?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Well if you're being honest about your role that's phenomenal for us. I've really disliked Jordan's attack on MM lately and MM has been calm and rational about the whole deal. I've got a lot of respect for you charter and you raise some really good points about Kirby so...

Unvote; Vote: Kirbyoshi
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:57 am

Kirbyoshi gets -1 points for failing to use any of the phrases "blatant(ly)", "ham-handed", "brazen", or "unabashedly" in his post.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 am

MonkeyMan gets -1 points for failing to reconize that my response was in fact an answer to Kirbyoshi's accusation.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 am

Think of the post as a more verbose version of "duh". I was clearly and obviously buddying with charter.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:53 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Think of the post as a more verbose version of "duh". I was clearly and obviously buddying with charter.
I think it's a valid point, at least worthy of discussion.
I never said we couldn't discuss it, since I plan on mocking everyone who tries to use it as a scumtell that would be a tad hypocritical.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:There's a difference between saying something is a "scumtell" and suspicious, and you haven't addressed the accusations of over-promoting your towniness.
I said something I believe to be true, certainly true for my play, so no issues there. And I don't believe that trying to show off town credentials is a scumtell either, both town and scum want to be percieved as such, hence not a scumtell.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:18 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:There's a difference between saying something is a "scumtell" and suspicious, and you haven't addressed the accusations of over-promoting your towniness.
I said something I believe to be true, certainly true for my play, so no issues there. And I don't believe that trying to show off town credentials is a scumtell either, both town and scum want to be percieved as such, hence not a scumtell.
Actually, scum are more concerned about player perceptions and town are more worried about finding scum. I would argue saying you are obvtown when you are not is a scumtell.
Not being concerned about self-image is the way [insult redacted] get themselves run up to L-1 on Day One. As town it's bad to get lynched or even run up to L-1, hence controlling people's perceptions of you is just as important as finding scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:43 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Not being concerned about self-image is the way [insult redacted] get themselves run up to L-1 on Day One. As town it's bad to get lynched or even run up to L-1, hence controlling people's perceptions of you is just as important as finding scum.
There's a difference between not being viewed as scum, which could be argued is a valid priority, and overpromoting yourself, which is, saying you are more townie than you are. Scum-hunting is the best way not to be viewed as scum, not over-hyping yourself or misrepresenting yourself.
In terms of this game, the "over promoting" consists of a single line that I admitted was WIFOM when I made the post.

In general, if you want to restrict yourself to an incredibly narrow defintion of "town play" feel free, but personally I'm a fan of not being afraid to use whatever may help me.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Snix wrote:It's also the only thing he has done. And it put someone at L-1 and he had almost no explanation and even you have said you don't think Monkey is scum.
It's almost like my posts 162 and 170 don't exist. Except they do, you might not like my reasons but to suggest that that I didn't provide an explanation is a fabrication.
I am still for the DDD wagon, it seriously looked like a bad attempt to quick hammer that went wrong because no one else (either his scum buddy or misguided town) finished MM off.
This seems awfully contingent upon the knowledge that MM is actually town which isn't confirmed at all and it's something only scum would know.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Snix wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: It's almost like my posts 162 and 170 don't exist. Except they do, you might not like my reasons but to suggest that that I didn't provide an explanation is a fabrication.
Those reasonings are nothing more than rehashes of ecto's points and I would have thought some new revelation would have come to you to suddenly make you stop lurking.
So instead of agreeing with arguments I found credible and acting upon that I should've continued lurking because I had nothing new to add to the discussion?
So as scum I'm defending a townie to do.... what?
Earn positive cred with MM and/or lynch a better townie since you can easily assume MM has a decent chance of getting himself lynched later anyways.
You don't seem to be defending yourself DDD merely brushing off votes with responses like:
Kirbyoshi gets -1 points for failing to use any of the phrases "blatant(ly)", "ham-handed", "brazen", or "unabashedly" in his post.
I defend myself by brushing off the points people raise as trivial, misinterpreted, or wrong. I'm not sure how I would defend myself otherwise.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 am

Actually, would it be the worst thing in the world to have Spring and her PR of dubious benefit target charter (provided it is something she targets with) to test out his claim? I mean Spring has suggested her power might actually hurt the town more than help so in that sense it wouldn't be a big loss assuming she was truthful. Either we'd force scum to kill her to not out charter or we'd have our confirmed townie as the expense of what is allegedly a junk PR. Just thoughts.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 am

The Swedish Chef is not second string.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:316-320 really gives me an odd vibe when it comes to DDD.
Odd doesn’t possess any meaning in a game of mafia, lots of things are odd. If you think something in that section is particularly relevant to the issue of me being scum or town and not addressed by my 323 or any other post then please requite and address, but just tagging a section of posts as odd is completely worthless.
There's also a very strange absence of conversation between MacavityLock and DDD especially around page 12, where they address the same point but fail to question each other even once.
ML made a single post on page 12 and it expressed similar sentiments to what I had expressed. Why would I arbitrarily question someone acting in a fashion that made sense to me?

~~~~~~~~~~

EL, are you going to tunnel on me this entire day? Please let me know if you’re going to so that I can skip focusing on everyone else and work on just getting you lynched for your sheer worthlessness and anti-town behavior.

Players I plan to re-read in more depth based on suspicions: Elvis and Snix.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Ectomancer wrote:ML's death last night stands out in one regard, in particular when compared with Charter's claim.

So, I said earlier that ML's death reminded me of a bomb. What it
doesn't
remind me of is a Paranoid Gun Owner. Wouldn't the death scene have said he was shot?
Now, I doubt it was scum that blew up ML, and it didn't seem to have an SK flavor either, though maybe it could have.
So, my thought is that ML targeted someone and died, and
it wasn't the claimed PGO.

Scum died, so that explosion likely came from a pro-town player. Does it make sense to have 2 players that can kill scum just by being targeted? Without some kind of mechanism to counter that, I think the very likely answer is no.

You can see where I'm leading to with this:

unvote, vote Charter

One thought: If ML targeted a bomb type role last night, then the rest of scum would likely know who he targeted, meaning there is no reason not to claim?
Your case on charter sucks, because Crazy Harry flavor would be bomb flavored.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:07 pm

EL wrote:So how do we get two NKs out of all of this? If Charter is responsible, shouldn't the mafia be the only one dead, and possibly Charter?
Possibility 1) SK/Vig-Charter killed ML, Scum killed SL/K
Possibility 2) Scum tried to kill PGO-charter and blew up on him instead, Vig or SK killed SL/K
Possibility 3) Vig/SK killed ML, Scum killed SL/K, No one targets PGO-Charter

Those look like the three reasonable possibilities to me, I think 3 is least likely because it strikes me as unlikely that we have two separate ways people can die with bomb flavor.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:This:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:EL, are you going to tunnel on me this entire day? Please let me know if you’re going to so that I can skip focusing on everyone else and work on just getting you lynched for your sheer worthlessness and anti-town behavior.
Followed By This:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Players I plan to re-read in more depth based on suspicions: Elvis and Snix.
Makes me think you're trying to scare me away from voting for you rather than you actually finding me scummy.
I don't have a big read on you either way, a lot of your actions strike me as two faced and Elvis pointed out your hypocrisy yesterday, but it's certainly possible that you're simply misguided. All in all I could go either way on you. BUT if you spend the entire day trying to railroad the one player I know is town (as your actions so far have suggested you want to do), then I can only consider that egregiously anti-town and respond in the harshest way possible. I'm just trying to save us the feeling out process by laying my cards on the table.

So if you want to direct all the attention to your case on me, that's your choice. I'm just letting you know that if that's the case then I'll do everything in my power to eliminate you as a threat to me and the town. If you chose to pursue a more reasonable path then I'll go about scumhunting more conventionally as I'd prefer to do.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 am

Got some time waiting to see if EL is actually going to walk down the terrible path he's announced he plans on taking.

News, notes, and questions from an EK re-read:

Elvis news and notes: She seemed rather curious about SL’s claim initially and in her ISO3 says, “And the SL stuff needed to be addressed, even though it wasn't part a case/attack.” Yet despite it needing to be addressed she never really mentions it again. EK, why did you just drop this topic without another word?

She completely nails EL to a wall for his litany of sins, hypocrisy, voting on a wagon he may not have had faith in, and voting purely to force a claim.

The most suspicious thing is that she says she’s willing to hammer, essentially asking for a claim, but when charter clears her to kill Kirby she hammers without waiting for one. Elvis, what was the point of announcing that you were willing to hammer, but not doing so if not to force a claim? Follow-up: If you were looking for a claim, why didn’t you wait for one, instead of hammering when you received permission from another player?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 am

EL is a lying sack of sod, I've got things to do for a couple of hours but I'll be back later tonight. Don't let this claim blind you to the truth that I'm town and that he's more than likely scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:21 am

L-1, somebody unvote before something bad happens.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:07 pm

charter wrote:While I'm certainly going to vote for DDD, his response, in my mind, cements that he is scum. No claim of his role or nothing, no vote for EL. Not good.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:EL is a lying sack of sod, I've got things to do for a couple of hours but I'll be back later tonight. Don't let this claim blind you to the truth that I'm town and that he's more than likely scum.
Time of posts, 5:20 pm, I checked the game right as I was about to leave work and then go do some grocery shopping and eat dinner (see things to do) I didn't exactly have the time to formulate a strategy or do anything other than call EL a liar and make sure I wasn't quick lynched.

Vote: The Liar (Eldritch Lord)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:13 pm

ekiM wrote:Bleh.
unvote
just because thread has been open like two days and we're in no rush. I'd love to know any sane explanation for why that would be a fakeclaim though.
A) He's a lyncher and I'm his target.
B) I backed him into a corner making him stake his reputation on my lynch so he'll do anything to get it.
C) He's already announced he's quite arrogant so maybe he believes when I flip town that he can argue it was a town gambit. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that one has been pulled.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:16 pm

You know what else is hysterical, how people with firm reads like Elvis and Mike on both EL and myself are suddenly so willing to reverse against their own previously held positions. Where's the confidence in your own fucking reads, don't let this liar take the easy way out.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:15 pm

elvis_knits wrote:I think it's a little weird you speculating on him being a lyncher though. I mean, why are you thinking he's a lyncher instead of just being lying scumbago?
Because as Mike pointed out it doesn't fully make sense from a scum perspective. Why would he go one on one for me in that scenario? Some serious WIFOM in play.

Hence why lynching him is safer, because he's not a cop, not a cop and not a cop. When he dies that'll be clear and there'll be no greater need to lynch me than before. If you lynch me then you have to lynch him and I have no idea what the hell role he has, maybe he is scum playing for one lynch, or maybe he's just an exceedingly stupid townie.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (isolation #32) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:19 pm

charter wrote:And Danny still didn't claim his role, which makes him look pretty bad.
What would that do charter? A vanilla claim is a death sentence, claiming a valid power role outs a useful role, claiming a fake power role risks outing someone else and getting lynched anyways. I'll claim, when I'm sure it's the last thing I can do, until then I can only hope the
truth
is enough.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (isolation #33) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:20 pm

charter wrote:You STILL haven't claimed your role, and I really can't think of a role I'd rather keep alive above a cop, so yeah... Not gonna fly getting him lynched first.
Dammit, you've seen me as scum, I beat you as scum. You've seen me as a SK, I won your South Park game as an SK. Does my play here resemble my play in those two games at all? Use you head here charter and don't play follow the fake fucking cop to a defeat.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #34) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:23 pm

charter wrote:Well, stalling on claiming is about the biggest scumtell on earth, so
vote DDD
Answer the question charter, in what possible way would a quick claim help me or the town?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (isolation #35) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

charter wrote:Well, stalling on claiming is about the biggest scumtell on earth, so
vote DDD
Answer the question charter, in what possible way would a quick claim help me or the town?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 pm

elvis_knits wrote:It just takes so much longer to invent a fake claim.
Yeah, funny how the liar hasn't shown up to tell us what muppet he is. Guess it's taking a while going through the muppet wiki to find one that fits his claim.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:I am Sam the Eagle, I apologize that I had no time to post anything other than my role claim.

I look forward to your response DDD, you scum.
Doesn't make flavor sense, there's no reason for Sam Eagle to have investigative powers when on the show he was featured as a curmudgeon and censor and nothing more. Sam Eagle was also constantly trying to get the Muppet Show changed in favor of more wholesome and cultured entertainment. Flavor wise he makes sense as scum wanting to change format.

Could someone please show some courage and some faith and help me lynch this liar?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (isolation #38) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:And The Swedish Chef isn't second string, right DDD? Name theory is a weak last ditch attempt, you're out of here DDD.

You're going to flip scum, and when you do, I'm going to smile and enjoy it.
Not by my definition (or role), if a Muppet could be identified by a layperson as I believe both the Swedish Chef and Sam the Eagle would be that doesn't qualify as second string.

And if I do get lynched I'm flipping town and then I will come back and eviscerate you (if you're town) and the rest of the idiots who believed you in endgame, believe that.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:12 pm

EBWOP: in post-game.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:19 pm

And this is very simple, even for those of you who are too afraid to trust your instincts and would rather play follow the fake cop.

Possibilities from lynching EL:
1) Best case: he's scum
2) Middle case: he flips cop, I get lynched the next day as scum
3) Worst case: he's idiot town gambiting and is frankly no huge loss

Possibilities from lynching me:
1) Best case: I'm scum.
2) Reality: I'm town and you're left with a messy WIFOM turd sandwich for tomorrow, which is possibly MYLO.

There are no big downsides for lynching EL, from a neutral perspective 2/3 of the time we easily tag scum. From a neutral perspective lynching me only has a 1/2 chance of real benefit and from my subjective perspective it's absolutely the worst thing town can do.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Snix wrote:
charter wrote:
Snix wrote:At least the name of your Muppet.
Role too.
He is trying to stall the lynch by not claiming and does not want to claim a role. If he just posts the name of his Muppet I can get some information out of it.
The longer I can extend the day the more chance that somebody comes to their senses. That being said since I've been harassed by nearly everyone at this point if somebody votes (and maintains it for at least a little while) for EL and you'll get a full claim in my next post after that.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:04 pm

charter wrote:Who would you say is the last scum (assuming DDD flips scum)?

I think it's Elvis, she's been pretty lenient on DDD and attacking EL, who has been attacking DDD.
I think you got fired from your refrigerator job for huffing freon.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 pm

charter wrote:
DDD wrote:That being said since I've been harassed by nearly everyone at this point if somebody votes (and maintains it for at least a little while) for EL and you'll get a full claim in my next post after that.
Yeah, this deal reeks of scum.
Freon.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:You're really grasping at straws here DDD.
And you're either scum who considers me dangerous enough to go one for one with me or a townie who is just about to completely hand this game to scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Snix wrote:How bout this DDD you claim and then we have something more to discuss then EL's claim and investigation.

Sound better than shouting Freon??
It might be better, but it's not as much fun.

And I'm not asking for a lot, just a show of good faith from one person.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Snix wrote:
Snix wrote:How bout this DDD you claim and then we have something more to discuss then EL's claim and investigation.

Sound better than shouting Freon??
It might be better, but it's not as much fun.

And I'm not asking for a lot, just a show of good faith from one person.
I've had enough faith to note vote yet, is that not good enough??
Nah, that's not faith, that's rationality. It makes sense to not vote and to listen to both sides. I want just one person to put a little stock in me, to believe in either me or their reads from earlier in the game.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm not asking for your firstborn here Snix. I'm asking for a single vote.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Snix wrote:Fine,
Vote: EL

Is that good enough for you.
It's what I said I wanted didn't I?

Claim: Town Watcher
Role Claim: Uncle Deadly
Notes: It's noted in my PM that I'm unpopular, but that I like you people and the show. Possible miller teaser, but there's no other indications of that and I would think I would be informed of that fact.

N1: I targeted Mike because it seemed there were near universal consensus that he was town. I was the only person to target him.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #49) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:DDD you're experienced enough to know:
MafiaWiki wrote:Sometimes an important part of a Miller role is that the player is not told this aspect of their role. Rather the Moderator assigns one person to be the Miller, but only tells him/her that the role is a vanilla townie. Thus, the Miller cannot simply claim their role Day 1 as a prevention against lynching.
Furthermore, why the super defensiveness and delay to roleclaim if you thought there was a possible miller spoiler.

And the assumption that I'm either lyncher, stupid town, or scum when you thought you might have a miller hint, not even a mention of possible insane cop or any other role that would preserve a cop returning a guilty on a miller.
I may be experienced, but I've never played with a miller before and personally I don't an uninformed miller fits in a mini game, way too swingy. The only reason I brought it up, let alone noticed it is because I was going over every line of text in my PM after being asked for a claim for the thirty-third time.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 am

charter wrote:I support a hammer.
Freon.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 am

And after this we can still be friends charter, but I've got to say I'm going to lose a hefty amount of respect for that scumhunting prowess you like to brag about. Falling in-line behind someone else instead of believing me and finding the truth.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 am

elvis_knits wrote:I like the stuff he is throwing out to try to clear himself though... all very rare stuff like maybe EL is lyncher, maybe EL is insane, maybe DDD is a miller only he didn't know it??? Uh... none of it very common, and would make a mini very swingy and bastardly.
I'm throwing it out there because I'm trying to find an explanation for something that doesn't make sense. I have one fact, that I'm town and EL's claim runs counter to that fact, so yeah, I'm looking for any explanation that actually explains the truth of the matter.

Since it seems like I can't get an EL lynch I might as well join Snix here. This is because you had a scum read on EL, a town read on me and you''re running away from your own written opinion.

Unvote; Vote: Elvis
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:28 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:You're an SK charter, give it up. The PGO claim was to avoid an investigation that would reveal a guilty.
This...isn't a sk more dangeorus than scum we can lynch tomorrow? We could avoid a NK.

Unvote:
Vote: Charter
Pretty sure it's a little late for you to come to your senses.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:40 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:You're an SK charter, give it up. The PGO claim was to avoid an investigation that would reveal a guilty.
This...isn't a sk more dangeorus than scum we can lynch tomorrow? We could avoid a NK.

Unvote:
Vote: Charter
Pretty sure it's a little late for you to come to your senses.
Well, this would you an opportunity to give us a night action result...if you can show you are telling the truth, I might believe you, but I doubt you are. If the rest of the players agree with me, you'll still probably be lynched tomorrow, so I don't get what you are so excited about.
It's too late because Ecto likely already dropped the hammer unless I either can't count or I'm still alive on some technicality of incorrect voting.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:41 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Speaking of which, what was your night action result last night?
Your ignorance is disgusting. I already provided that information in post 530.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #56) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:07 am

charter wrote:DDD was hammered. I wouldn't be telling the TRUTH if it wasn't twilight.

I will hopefully just vig right tonight and end the game and not have to deal with people that are getting all caught up in whatever and not listening to COMMON SENSE.

I wouldn't be telling the TRUTH if it wasn't twilight. You can't end the game tonight unless there's only two scum, Mr. Serial Killer.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (isolation #57) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:09 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm showing DDD at L-2 before my unvote...

EL, MM, Charter, Elvis, Ecto
With
NINE
alive, it's
FIVE
to lynch.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (isolation #58) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:14 am

charter wrote:Why would you think he is telling the truth? He takes ages to claim, then throws in this bit about being a miller. Claims watcher which is about the only possible role that would trump a cop. How can he be a miller and a watcher?

What we really should be doing, is figuring out who the third member of the scumteam is.
You mean second and third.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Day two was just so frustrating as it completely blew apart the town's power and took charter and I out of the game and when we were comparing notes on days three and four it turns out our reads were dead on in the end and left Ecto the inept running things for the town.

Zorblag, it wasn't a bad setup, just incredibly swingy and it swung hard against the town in this case because of day two. Thanks for modding it, good times mostly.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (isolation #60) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:48 am

Ectomancer wrote:If you had believed your points so vehemently, then argue them, vehemently.
I had no special status in this game. Abilities aplenty lay in other hands. You have opportunity just as I have to make your opinions known and argue for them. If you believe that the leader of the town was inept, then I can only offer that perhaps it was your own fault for following.
I believe I argued quite vehmently when I tried to get you people to see reason when a paranoid cop claimed a guilty on me. But hey, everyone but Snix ignored me and then you lynched Snix anyways the one guy who was willing to listen to reason and trust his instincts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”