Newbie 113 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri May 13, 2005 8:14 am

Post by big_kahunia »

/confirm. Yes, mine's got a window!!!!!
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sat May 14, 2005 4:13 am

Post by big_kahunia »

confirm or /confirm is fine. Not sure why we use /confirm, but it is standard practice to use that form.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sat May 14, 2005 5:58 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Poppies = yummy.

::disclaimer, I'm not encouraging drug usage::
but let's see if I can smuggle some in. Mr. Security guard, look over there it's JLo. *rushes some in*
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Mon May 16, 2005 7:48 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Ok, from the title of the thread, it looks like we're in day.
random vote: Kain

Welcome to the game and mafiascum.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Tue May 17, 2005 5:39 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Mr. Flay, why so anxious over a second vote by Kain? You placed a second vote too. I don't think Kain's vote was scummy. I think he may need to read the thread a little closer, but that's it.

LML, ask that question to both Kain and Mr. Flay. They both provide reasons. Kain, random. Mr. Flay, voting the first to put on a 2nd vote.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Wed May 18, 2005 5:35 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Kain wrote:It is my opinion that perhaps you are pointing out LML's FOS on me as to shift any SUSPICION on yourself....or perhaps you are right and LML is acting sucpisicious?
Or how about both are suspicious.
Kain wrote:Tamuz I feel you are innocent as snow- either that or scummy/lurkish.
Let’s just not “rule” out anyone. We all can be fooled. As far as I’m concerned, any of you six could be scum. Of course, each of you could say the same thing. But let’s not get definitive. No one is confirmed day 1. Doctor protectee w/ no kill or cop investigations give the only true confirmations.
So I agree w/ EYNH’s views on this one.

LML, I fosed you before you fosed Kain for placing a second vote when Mr. Flay did the same thing and you didn’t fosed him too. Mr. Flay brought up stuff about your playing style w/ being “chummy” as scum.
Mr. Flay wrote:big_kahunia, anything else I can add? You had some questions about my vote...
You answered my question in post 29.

Regarding “chumminess”, scum usually try to avoid building cases against their partners. The mafia try to work together, whether directly or indirectly, to move suspicion against others. I think if players are in good spirits with each other, being chummy, they could just like each other or be scum as is their playing style. But I think it mainly depends on the player’s style. Some are more business-like while others are clowns. So.. sometimes, it matters and other times not.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Sat May 21, 2005 7:13 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Sorry, busy w/ real life.
LML wrote:Do you REALLY think I'd make a mistake like THAT? I'd be much more careful if I were scum.
These statements rub me the wrong way. Most of the time, people that use that defense are scum. Since LML is posting late (not sure if it was in that post or not), he is more prone to make mistakes. So, by saying he'd be more careful as scum, I don't really buy it. I'd post the same time as if he was town. Do I think you'd make a mistake like that? Yes. I think you got caught.
unvote: Kain. vote: LML
. This is the 3rd vote btw.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Sun May 22, 2005 7:09 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

You guys ever hear of Ockham's Razor? Long posts are necessary at times.

Thanks Tamuz for the votecount. I'll post something more detailed after work tomorrow since it's late over here.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #95 (isolation #8) » Tue May 24, 2005 8:10 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Sorry I haven't been contributing much to this game.
I like my vote on LML and think he and EYNH make the best pairing of scum w/ the reasons metioned already and since they didn't touch each other w/ a ten foot pole early in the day, kinda avoiding each other.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Thu May 26, 2005 8:34 am

Post by big_kahunia »

My thoughts on the players:

Mr. Flay: posting many times. Voted Kain, putting him at two. He seems to want to stop the game from a stand-still, which is good.

Stam, I’m not sure quite yet. I have to cautch the bus in 9 minutes. So I don’t have time to write analysis of him.
Kain and Tamuz are playing like they don’t know what’s happening.

EYNH is not.
EYNH in post 41 wrote:Well, of course he's one or the other. Indecisive statements will get you nowhere….

I haven't been here long enough to know, but it seems that you are a well-respected veteran, and, as I know from the chat room I play in, that newbies and vets alike tend to "be chummy" with the other veterans. I'd say that Lee "being chummy" with you is just an example of this, not Lee being a scum.
Indecisiveness can be attributed to not knowing alignments. If you only know that you yourself are innocent, then you will indecisive about the innocents of others. This makes me think that you know something the rest of us don’t—who’s mafia and who’s not.
Mr. Flay in 46 wrote: * EYNH and LML also don't have any suspicions/thoughts about each other, which is a little more surprising.
Scum usually try to avoid each other early in the game. They don’t want to be seen associating themselves.

[quote="Tamuz'”]LML missed a chance to kill Kain, maybe he was too busy... but he didn't take such an opportunity (as did flay and Big_k)[/quote]
LML wrote: So, you'd rather me vote someone who I'm not quite sure is scum yet?
By voting Kain, LML would have set himself up for a lynch tomorrow.
Only a few moments later, he says he was set to defend Kain and then votes him. I think LML is going w/ the flow of the game.
I like my vote on LML

Sorry folks that I haven't been super postive, but my comp access isn't the greatest right now.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #108 (isolation #10) » Fri May 27, 2005 12:02 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Vote Count

2 - Kain (EnterYourNameHere, LML)
1 - LML (big_kahunia)
1 - Stam (Kain)

not voting:
Mr. Flay, Stam, Tamuz
Takes 4 to lynch.

[quote=”Mr. Flay”] just so I don't rush into a lynch on anyone[/quote]
No one is in danger. I think we have a good case against LML and EYNH. Most newbie game day 1s last about 4-5 pages. A point comes when we must lynch someone. We can’t go on arguing for 10 pages. Well, we could, but I doubt much would be gained from it. The mod may set a deadline if he gets here, but I don't know.
I’m saying we need to “rush” a lynch. Our lynch should be logical. The most suspicious person should be lynched day 1. I move that the most suspicious person is LML.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Fri May 27, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

er.. it always seems that I forget to change the ".." in the quotes.

btw: Stam - what do you mean? I was in a hurry. I didn't have time to correct it w/ spell check. I use MS word for my posts, except short ones like this.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Fri May 27, 2005 5:08 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Tamuz wrote:Big_k, you are right, we have as of now, done much of what a day1 should do, we have pressured some people and made them talk, and mayhaps slip up... along with the interesting bits of our own votes. That dance is full of mini-tells.
That's good info to have. What strikes me the most is the way people interact w/ each other. Some may indirectly support a player or directly support them. This is what scum like to do, the indirect one, cuz they don't want to be tied to each other. The problem w/ that is of course, that they are tied to each other. By looking at interactions, indirect/direct support, and voting patterns, many scum can be caught. But nothing is full-proof.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #119 (isolation #13) » Mon May 30, 2005 10:24 am

Post by big_kahunia »

yeah Mr. Flay, I did mean that we don't need to rush into a lynch.
EYNH wrote: I am very suspicious of Kain's asking for a vote count. That, plus his previous post in which he FOSes and almost votes LML, makes me think he's a scum trying to see if he can jump on the LML bandwagon without getting "found out."
More evidence that EYNH and LML are scum. EYNH is trying to protect LML, voting Kain for asking for a vote count? Oh come on.

What’s the case against Kain? His retaliation against EYNH at the bottom of page 3 for EYNH's bs reason. I reread the thread and it only brought up more evidence that points to a LML-EYNH connection. I won't lynch anyone but one of those two for day 1. Folks, look at Lee's posts. One time he says he's all set to defend Kain and then votes him later? What happened that changed his views so fast? Going w/ the flow. He and EYNH are both voting the same person.
Neither of them have responded to my post (105). Their absence tells me they're scum.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #129 (isolation #14) » Tue May 31, 2005 2:16 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

LML, the mafia can just as easily claim they are pro-town. How about trying to rebuttal some of my points instead of ignoring them like you did.

We may need a replacement mod, cuz Max hasn't been on in a while. This person should have nothing to do with the game.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:05 am

Post by big_kahunia »

If LML and EYNH aren't mafia, I'd be very surprised.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #148 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:50 am

Post by big_kahunia »

I'm here, but waiting for a mod replacement or Norinel to make it night. Naming someone for the cop to investigate isn't bad, the most suspicious person should be investigated, but it is up to that player (provided we have that role) to make the choice not on the behalf of the group. Scum could be influencing the choice since they are apart of the group. The same goes for the doc if we have one. Saying whom the doc should protect is WIFOM for the doc and mafia. I don't think there's much gained for that topic. The player can listen and sift through what is said.
With the random 4 set up, it's fruitless to try to figure out which one we are in.

I echo Mr. Flay's sentiments, lets play again sometime Kain
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #165 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:44 am

Post by big_kahunia »

What am I supposed to tell my suga-mommas now?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #193 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:43 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Since I'm done worrying about my suga-momma, go town!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #236 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:03 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Congratulations to LML and Stam. You guys played very well. Sorry EYNH, I thought you were scum. Good game all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”