Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Y.C »

Vote imaginality.

He was last in the player list, a random enough characteristic, I suppose.
Arma virumque cano, Troiae qui primus ab oris
Italiam, fato profugus, Laviniaque venit
litora, multum ille et terris iactatus et alto
vi superum saevae memorem Iunonis ob iram
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:29 am

Post by Y.C »

1. I will not participate in the survey.

2. The attempt to bind participation in the survey to any aspect in the game itself is problematic to say the least.

3. Nonetheless, this business, although irritating to the extreme, is not
indicative of anything beyond itself. I do not take Vi to be scum (yet).

4. This, however, I do have a problem with:
Vi wrote:I acknowledge that I like ruining other peoples' fun
Delibaretly admitting this either conceales a desire to get lynched, being a jester, or is rude in the extreme. So much in fact, that I will move my vote to her if she does not stop this side-tracking. I will sacrifice a townsperson on the principle that such rudeness should not go unpunished and that I do not wish to have any contact with self-declared trolls.
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Y.C »

The fact that despite my irritation resulting from Vi's poll I did not vote for her is due to the understanding that my extreme dislike of such things shouldn't cloud my judgement, and that I should wait for other signs. This has now become irrelevant, the reasons why I explain further on.

Also, my words about sacrificing a townsperson are meant as indication of intent, a principle, as stated in the same paragraph Vi quoted. It does not mean I view her as a Townsperson.
In fact, after further thought, I believe she is not a jester as well. I base this on these words:
Porkens wrote:In the literally thousands of games I've played here on Mafia Scum, I've seen this strategy many times. I've even seen it on Epic Mafia, where the people rely solely on power roles to win/loose games. In my vast experience, surveys such as this serve only to draw attention away from the real conversation. Actually, they do one more thing: the person writing the survey usually gets a free pass while the others squabble...
just like what happened when I played with Vi just a couple months ago in Tofu
. Such a situation is perfect for a third party SK, too, because they can just ride the wake of the chaos ship; SO enjoyable.
From this I infer that it is a regular tactic of her, and not a means of drawing animosity towards herself, which is the automatic result as I see it, but again - this is due to my extreme feelings about this kind of behaviour.
Lastly, Her "joking around" is not only indicative of immaturety, it displays disregard towards the other participants in this game. Thus, it is rude, very much so. But, as I stated previously, it has nothing to do with her alignment.

In conclusion, since she is not a jester, she is either mafia, which should be lynched, or third party/Townie, in which case I am ready to lynch her by the principle stated in my previous post.

Unvote

Vote Vi
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Y.C »

DeathRowKitty, what was bad in my justification of my actions?

Why do you consider my post a flame?
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Y.C »

Yes, since the survey has derailed this whole game into an obsessive discussion about it, shifting attention from anything else.
We cannot know about Vi's alignment, since evryone's attention is directed towards the aftermath of the survey.

In effect, this caused a general tormoil which is very harmful to the game in general, and the town in particular,by allowing the mafia and 3rd parties to stay relatively under the radar.

Since this effect is so extreme, I believe that such an action should be sanctioned by the most effective tool we have at our disposal: the lynch.
By lynching the survey initiator, we make a point about the validness of such actions in future games and are able to abandon this line in the present one.

The only other option I see is an appeal to the mod for the removal of Vi from the game. This will serve a similar purpose, but in my opinion he will not consent to this.

RedCoyote, if you consider this survey business enough grounds for removal from the game, please post a reply to the same effect.

I'm going to decline to take any action on the grounds that I've seen nothing that would warrant it.

P.S: Vi, if in the other game the survey was adele's, my point still stands. You did not invent this method simply to irritate others, you copied someone else's technique, a technique I find highly flawed and rude.

Also, Your alignment is no longer the issue. The only way to get out of the survey entanglement is to end it right here, either by a lynch or a stop to this line of discussion, which will not happen willingly, nor can it, under the circumstances.
Such a turn of events was predicted by Porkens in the passage I quoted.
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Y.C »

Vi, you should not be forcibly replaced. That was an alternative solution I presented to what I (though it seems I am alone in this view) perceive as a problem: the survey. I stated that I do not think the mod will go for it. I'm not so sure myself that he should, since you did not break any of his stated rules.

However, since the survey centered all discussion around itself, so that almost no other matter is discussed (Col.Cathart's last post raises some other minor issues, but it is a drop in an ocean of survey-centered matters), the only way I see to untie this knot, other than the one discussed above and which is problematic, is your removal from the game by the players. This can be achieved only by a lynch.
Thus- my willingness to sacrifice you, even if you are a townie (though you may be something else).
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Y.C »

Vi is clearly pushing for the final two votes on me.
But in the post before hers, jammer is making a good point: we should examine the other issues which have risen during the game and examine them.

jammer and Col.Cathcart, if you plan to vote for me I'm asking for 24 hours to analyze any relevant posts and post my thoughts on scummy behaviour.
Making a hasty lynch can't be in the interests of the town.
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Y.C »

I requested 24 hours since it is past midnight in my timezone at the moment, and I have work tomorrow. Be reasonable, we all have obligations other than the game.
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Y.C »

First of all, my apologies for
LA the next seven days, the last four (9/4-7) being N/A
. I was surprisingly informed today I would be moving to a different apartment.

I will make the analysis in the following few hours and post it here.

Noted. If you can, please try to at least keep up with the thread. Moreover, if you do not come back in full force on the 8th, I'm reserving the right to look for a replacement for you immediately.
Please refer to post 86.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”