Newbie 113 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri May 13, 2005 12:03 pm

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

/confirm after long, unnecessary security checks
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat May 14, 2005 5:16 pm

Stam wrote:
EnterYourNameHere wrote:/confirm after long, unnecessary security checks
Maybe the name on your passport confused them 8)
*checks passport*

Ah, that WOULD explain a lot...who knew "EnterYourNameHere" was actually my legal name? :P

Anyway, just waiting for one more...I'm eager to find out just how different this game is on a message board than in a chat room.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sat May 14, 2005 5:17 pm

Stam wrote:
EnterYourNameHere wrote:/confirm after long, unnecessary security checks
Maybe the name on your passport confused them 8)
*checks passport*

Ah, that WOULD explain a lot...who knew "EnterYourNameHere" was actually my legal name? :P

Anyway, just waiting for one more...I'm eager to find out just how different this game is on a message board than in a chat room.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Mon May 16, 2005 11:26 am

Mr. Flay wrote:
Vote: EnterYourNameHere

If you'd prefer I vote for you, feel free to enter your name there, instead. :P
Why do I have a feeling this is going to happen in every game i'm in...:(

Random Vote: Stam
[/b]
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Tue May 17, 2005 6:52 am

First of all,
Unvote Stam
. I'm pretty sure Kain just didn't see my post for whatever reason; I don't think that makes him scum quite yet. The second vote got the discussion going, but there's no reason to keep two on Stam.

FOS: Taumz
for lurking. He's the only one that hasn't said anything since the game started.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Wed May 18, 2005 12:25 pm

Kain wrote:Tamuz I feel you are innocent as snow- either that or scummy/lurkish. I'm not sure which.
Well, of course he's one or the other. Indecisive statements will get you nowhere. You also make the same kind of comment in post 34 about Flay's opinion of LML's FOS on you. Posting stuff like this does nothing to advance discussion, but it does cause me to
FOS: Kain
, and I am extremely close to voting him.
Kain wrote:Mr. Flay I'm very amused by the fact you quoted me quoting you but I think it possibly suspicious of you to volunteer the information that he is acting chummy with you and that perhaps he is using it to try and lower your suspicion of him. The reason I find this possibly scummy is because it seems that you yourself may be trying to shift any focus on him and make yourself appear innocent. A FOS on you but no vote as of yet for what you have said is either the epitome of innocence as it seems you are claiming or a sign of scumminess.
Note a similar indecisive comment at the end, reinforcing my point. But I want to address Flay: do note that you're referencing a game in which you and Lee were SCUM PARTNERS. It is natural for scum partners to have some sort of "chumminess" with each other. As such, unless you are claiming that you and Lee are partners, which I highly doubt you are, I would not consider this particular piece of evidence. I haven't been here long enough to know, but it seems that you are a well-respected veteran, and, as I know from the chat room I play in, that newbies and vets alike tend to "be chummy" with the other veterans. I'd say that Lee "being chummy" with you is just an example of this, not Lee being a scum.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Sat May 21, 2005 9:08 am

Tamuz wrote:Then again, I may be missing why LML's chummyness makes him so guilty, because I don't see it.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not saying "LML is not scum," I'm saying "if LML is scum, it's for reasons other than this." And he very well could be, but at the moment, I don't suspect him.

I don't have time to leave a more detailed reply at the moment (I will later tonight), but I am very suspicious of Kain's asking for a vote count. That, plus his previous post in which he FOSes and almost votes LML, makes me think he's a scum trying to see if he can jump on the LML bandwagon without getting "found out." That, plus his earlier tautologies (dammit Flay! That was the word I was looking for :P ), makes me want to
Vote: Kain
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:47 am

I think that Kain/LML is a legitimate mafia pair. The two have been relatively uninvolved in the bandwagons on the other: Kain FOSed Lee but did not vote for him, and Lee did not even recognize the attacks on Kain until he claimed townie. And this post somewhat confuses me:
LML wrote:Oh wait... he claimed townie?

Bah, Kain. I was all set to defend you.
The fact that the phrase "vote: kain" does not follow immediately after this post interests me. Lee doesn't defend Kain, because he claimed townie, but he's also not jumping on the bandwagon. He's continuing to simply ignore the bandwagon on Kain. A gigantic
FOS: LML
, but I'll keep my vote on Kain. If we lynch one of these and they turn out to be mafia, I highly reccomend that the cop (if we have one) investigates the other.

I have more to add to this, but I'm in school and this class just ended, so I'll most likely post more at around 4 PST. (And this time I mean it! :P )
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #8) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 am

I think that Kain/LML is a legitimate mafia pair. The two have been relatively uninvolved in the bandwagons on the other: Kain FOSed Lee but did not vote for him, and Lee did not even recognize the attacks on Kain until he claimed townie. And this post somewhat confuses me:

The fact that the phrase "vote: kain" does not follow immediately after this post interests me. Lee doesn't defend Kain, because he claimed townie, but he's also not jumping on the bandwagon. He's continuing to simply ignore the bandwagon on Kain. A gigantic
, but I'll keep my vote on Kain. If we lynch one of these and they turn out to be mafia, I highly reccomend that the cop (if we have one) investigates the other.

I have more to add to this, but I'm in school and this class just ended, so I'll most likely post more at around 4 PST. (And this time I mean it! :P )
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #9) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:51 am

prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:42 am

Wow, I've been leaving this game alone for a looooong time. I guess the suspicion on me is deserved.

But anyway: yes, the reasons I used to start Kain hardly had a leg to stand on. It's part of the way I play. I tend to accuse people on the most BS reasons possible, and see how they react. If Kain had reacted like a townie would, I would have definitely unvoted him. But he didn't. If he is telling the truth about being a townie (which I believe NOW, due to the way he's been acting in twilight), I guess I screwed up.

I realize how suspicious I seem, and I'm inviting the cop to investigate me.

With that said, if Kain is a townie, I believe that Stam is a mafia, and his partner is either LML or Taumz, with LML more likely. I'm running out of time here, I may post more later tonight (7-8 PST), but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on. Hopefully I will.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:44 pm

Stam wrote:
EYNH

Ok, you started a bandwagon on Kain for a reason that intentionally wasn't supposed to make much sense, let's say I believe you that you really thought this is a good strategy. Why did you then leave it for Tamuz and me to continue the interogation of Kain? Why didn't you show your face? Why did you only say that at twilight?
I just wasn't paying that much attention to the game. *shrug* I should have clarified earlier. I spoke in twilight because I felt like I should have said something. I understand that the suspicion on me is warranted.

I'm going to assume that the cop is a) LML or b) no one. But I'm leaning towards b) right now, as LML is the most likely scum.

With that said, I can't see Taumz as LML's partner. I believe Taumz has been acting the most like a townie of anyone in this game. And I am curious about the fact that Stam put a larger FOS on LML than on me: on a LynchOrLose day for the town, a mafia probably wouldn't throw more suspicion on his partner than on an equally suspicious townie. That said, there is one post of Stam's from Day 1 that makes me suspicious: post 71, in which Stam unvotes LML (who has three votes) to put a third on Kain.

As for Flay: I do not know if mafia are given an opportunity to discuss games that begin in day before they start. If not, then I can't see Flay as LML's partner at all: I doubt that scum would go at each other's throats without having coordinating it first. And his post today makes me create an image of a small child saying "No, mommy, I didn't break the cookie jar!" all while holding the shards behind his back. The more I type this post, the more suspicious I become of the mafia being Flay/(Stam/Taumz) pulling the wool over our eyes, but I'll think more about that later. For now, my FOS stands on LML.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:40 am

Well, I just woke up, and get on and see this. Give me an hour or so to wake up, and I'll reply in length. I will say, for now, that I find Stam/Tamuz to be the most likely pair.

Also, I'd like to take this time to apologize for my poor play this game. I'm normally more active, and I'm not normally this bad. :P Again, sorry.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:11 am

Follow-up post.

I've re-read everything, and I think I was mistaken in my last post: I really have no clue. I'm having a hard time discounting any pair; it could be anyone. If you put a gun to my head and made me lynch someone, it would be Stam, but we should work to try to find both mafia today.

First of all, I would like to say that I believe LML's claims about his internet connection, because he has been absent in another game I am in with him as well.

Stam/LML: Stam places a second vote on LML after Flay votes him for seemingly "manufacturing reasons after the fact". Stam's post has little content however, and LML calls him a sheep, but does not FOS him. Stam claims for a good part of the day that LML is the most suspicious--however, he eventually jumps off the LML wagon after it acquires its third vote, to put a third vote on Kain. Stam stays on the Kain wagon until the day is over. Since the break of Day 2, Stam has been going after me and LML, supposedly LML more, despite placing FOSes on both of us.

I'll post my analyses of the Stam/Tamuz and Tamuz/LML pairs as soon as I get home from lunch. But I'll mention this while it's on my mind: just because I'm clear, doesn't mean I'm right. I urge the town to take my suspicions as honest, but not the definitive truth, which is the kind of vibe I'm getting.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:25 pm

I believe that Flay may be lying, especially after how scummy he looked coming out of the gate today. And if he is scum, Tamuz is almost 100% his partner. Both Tamuz's and Flay's first posts today were blatantly "scum-tastic": Tamuz's seemingly trying to speed up a lynch on me, and Flay's "no-mommy-I-didn't-do-it" post. In addition, Tamuz is now defending Flay from LML's accusations. Looking back to Day 1, Flay and Tamuz had very little interaction. I see Flay giving Tamuz an FOS for claiming that he forgot about the thread, and that's about it, and Tamuz putting Flay rather low on his suspects list (post 99), and that's about it. In the post where he claims cop, Flay seems to be suggesting that Stam and LML are out scum--not Tamuz.

Now, I'd like to hear from Flay before we decide what we're doing with this. I'd like to see his response to all this. At this point, I'm having a hard time putting any of the three "unconfirmed" together: each pair has its supporting and detracting facts. Hopefully, as the day progresses, we'll learn more.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:25 pm

Mr. Flay wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock: So much for better logic from you today... lying about WHAT??? Being the cop, or your innocence? This post makes no sense...I've given you the only lifeline you've got, and you seem to want to hang us all with it. After admitting you joined a bandwagon on bad logic yesterday, you were number 1 with a bullet today... and I *still* found you innocent, according to Nanook. Did you send him a false role PM or something? I'm seriously lost by this entire post... yes, maybe there's some outside chance that Tamuz and I concocted a hairbrained scheme to clear YOU and try to get...well, Tamuz, or two others, lynched today. That's
brilliant
I was about to go to sleep, but I'll address this before I do. I had suspicions about you possibly faking cop--not lying about me being innocent, which indeed I am--and was considering a scenario in which you and Tamuz were scum partners. However, I do doubt it (I believe I even said so in the post; if I didn't, I meant to), and, especially after seeing the extreme lengths you've gone on today, I completely discount the possibility. I don't think you'd put this much effort into it as a scum faking cop.

And again, like I said, I'm having a hard time linking two of the remaining three together, which is what led me to even consider the possibility of you faking cop in the first place in the first place. Though Stam/Tamuz is the most striking pair to me, I can't quite put my finger on why...perhaps I just need sleep.

And Stam is right about the numbers: assuming we just voted randomly, we'd have a 33% chance of winning (as well as a 33% chance of losing today and a 33% chance of losing tomorrow). This obviously is not the ideal situation, so let's think some more about this. I'll most likely be left to make the final decision tomorrow, so let's decide out game plan today.

And now, off to sleep.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:46 am

Vote: Stam

Pretty obvious with the jump. I'm not so sure Lee's the partner, but that's for whoever's left tomorrow to decide (probably me).
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:39 pm

I hate being in this position, but...
Mr. Flay wrote:"
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
- It's time to roll the dice."
Vote: Tamuz
. Let's end this. Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong though, I apologize for my poor play this game, and hope you all don't think I'm terrible now :P

Don't have time to explain why I chose Tamuz, but perhaps I will later. Whoever wins, 'twas a good game and a good intro to Mafia on a message board.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:24 am

BAH

I ALWAYS fall for the "chummy" scum! Well played, Lee.

Looking back on it, when Stam unvoted LML (who at the time had 3) to put a third on Kain was a moment that should have proven who the scum were to me. But hindsight is always 20/20.

In the end, the gambit fooled me. Tamuz, you did nothing wrong, LML and Stam just played it very well. After Stam "jumped" on LML, I couldn't see LML as the partner.

But all in all, good game. God, I hate being a normal townie... :(
prinny, dood

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”