Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I would like Fritzler to claim before I do.

Analysis of SSK's claim:
A BMQ investigation and a veerus investigation are both pretty plausible. hp's day 2 doesn't feel like a guilty- going off on Furry like that would be odd- but the "let's just lynch our biggest lurker" could just be an effort to get a lynch on BMQ. SSK's play day 3 pretty much makes sense in the context of a cop worrying he could be paranoid.

With little knowledge of the conventions of this site, random cop seems like a terrible role in a 12 player game, and I'm inclined to totally discount it.

The flavour for cop is very sound.

My instincts are to lynch SSK. SW's play yesterday looks good. With Gorrad and veerus's votes on me, it would have been extremely tempting for the mason-mafia to sit back and hope for another vote on me or quicklynch me themselves. However, I do have a couple of reservations about SW. Notably that I felt distinctly buddied to yesterday, and the following quote:
Snow White wrote:Whoever wants to believe MafiaSSK's claim and vote me off, thats fine. At least in my death you will know Tzee is an innocent and to lynch MafiaSSK tomorrow if your given that chance.
When, of course, if we get this lynch wrong we lose.

It's slightly odd that veerus flipped "vanilla", not something like "goon".
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:16 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Snow White wrote:Let me get this straight. MafiaSSK. You were told that you were "Cop." And i was told i was mason. If you are telling the truth there is a MASSIVE conflict of interests here.
Alright.
Your actions to me have been the scummiest to date and you have ignored any questions i have put directly to you regarding hp [leaves] action and your own.
I can't answer for Hp's actions. Hp is not me. And I found the questions you did ask regarding my own questions to be anti-town if I answered truthfully.
-Threats of "if you dont vote such a way this makes you look scummy"
-"if you dont vote the other way i will start a lynch on you tomorrow"

And i can back up the above with links if they are required.
Kay do so.
MafiaSSK wrote: were a "cop". Im curious as to your "being cop" MafiaSSK and knowing veerus was scum, you:
- First put a vote on veerus.
- Retracted it.
- When people piled the pressure on veerus, you "knowing" veerus was scum did not re-place your vote on veerus
- Instead you asked permission BEFORE Gorrad placed his vote (the third vote)
- and AFTER Gorrad placed his vote you still left tzee to place the hammer although you found the time to ask
MafiaSSK wrote:why would kim be a part of the town of Sacred Heart? None the less a townie?
Yes. I suppose in retrospect I should have lynched veerus. Not only would it have answered my sanity, but it would also have lynched scum. I did not realize this at the time. I am not that good.
You refused to hammer veerus and now you are claiming to know that he was scum. For a cop you dont seem too sure. You havent even placed a vote on me and my guess is you are waiting to see who agrees with you before you try to bandwagon me.
Not know, but I got a result that he's scum. There's two different things. Also a cop in this game works differently than in other games. Or at least with Dr.Cox being the mod. Cox would lie to any person even Carla/ He has done so multiple times in the TV Series. So I do not think that I could trust my result.
And no, I am not waiting to see who agrees with me before I try to bandwagon me. When I think someone is scum, I vote for them no matter what.

Id given up on you answering any questions posed to you as you
ignored every single question
asked of you and i will not waste my time asking you a FOURTH time for answers when you have exasperated all benefit of the doubt in my mind by accusing me of being scum and ignoring what was asked of you before you carried out your so called "investigation"
Alright.
Ordinarily i would humour the idea of a random cop. But why then have you:
-Failed to answer any questions?
-Why did you not vote for me off the bat supposedly "knowing" i was mafia day1?
-Instead you voted/unvoted veerus.
-Then asked permission to vote for veerus while it was OBVIOUS we were waiting for a hammer.[/quote
1. Laziness or anti-town responses.
2. I didn't know who BMQ's replacement was.
3. Most recent result so I trusted it. I then realized I could be paranoid/random so unvoted.
4. I thought Veerus could be town. Honestly.
If you really are a cop, which i find extremely unlikely given hp's and your own actions, you are a random cop. Which is the only possiblity in my mind. This means the answer recieved for my alignment was grossly wrong, you should have back checked me again, before leaping into your flawed "investigations" because i am innocent. Instead you investigated fishy. Because of what?
In case, he seemed to be too much in the background. I had to check on
him. But if he was town, then it'd either mean I was sane or random cancelling out paranoid as thus helping me on my sanity check.
If i was scum i would have jumped on fishy too before veerus's lynch and waited for a scumbuddy to jump on alongside. Instead i acted rationally in asking Gorrad to retract his vote on fishy and think clearly, because in my opinion he had clearly acted irrationally.
WIFOM.
You knowing veerus' guilt. Then wrote.
MafiaSSK wrote:
Gorrad wrote:...I'm loathe to say it, but Snow White is right.

Unvote: Vote: Veerus

Let's pray you're right.
This post doesn't seem right...
Yet again your case relies on me being sane and me thinking that I'm sane.
Oh as well as this i believe i was one of the people who drove for veerus' lynching. In fact i listed him as second most likely to be scum UNDER YOU. You were the first to vote for veerus
without reason
and unvoted him without revoting him, assumedlywaiting for peoples "permission" when it was CLEAR you did not need anyones permission.
If I came out paranoid and had hammered him off of a bad result, then as thus I would look bad in the process. Post-game regarding.
@MafiaSSK, i had seen you as potential scum before this and now, hence the previous FoS. I now see this as an attempt to claw a victory for you with one scum down by implicating Tzee and myself as liars.
Where did I ever say you were liars?
Whoever wants to believe MafiaSSK's claim and vote me off, thats fine. At least in my death you will know Tzee is an innocent and to lynch MafiaSSK tomorrow if your given that chance.

Vote MafiaSSK
We can't do that. It's lylo. Once we lynch me, scum wins.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

Votecount

2 MafiaSSK
(Tzeentch, Snow White)

Not voting: Gorrad, Fishythefish, Fritzler, MafiaSSK
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Fritzler »

Gorrad wrote:Considering how few night kills we've had, I think that a doctor claim would be very useful.

I'm Dr. Cox, vanilla.
Why is there a Cox mod and a Cox role? Seems suspect.

I am Bob Kelso. I am evil, but unable to do anything, so I am a miller.

I was thinking of a possible fake mason claim before the claim, so I am inclined to believe SSK.
Surfs up dude.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm The Todd, vanilla townie. Too stupid to have a night action. (In scrubs, The Todd is also in the brain trust- but I'm not)
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Gorrad »

Vote: SSK

Half of yesterday's wagon was the mason group. I rather believe they're town.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I agree. I think the masons are real, and I can't imagine changing my mind about that at this stage.

Vote: SSK
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

My Lack of Judgment

MafiaSSK was the only other one here who had a lick of sense. And, gosh, I actually trusted his judgment so much that I’ll even admit it in that begrudging manner I usually save for my barber, for doing something that seems painfully simple but as any parent of a 4-year-old who just discovered the joys of taking scissors to one’s own head knows, does actually require a teensy bit of skill to not resemble a decade late avant garde punk Portland counterculture wannabe. So, each night, he’d ask me about a player by PM and I’d share my infinite wisdom and good judgment with him.

Always side with the hoochie, newbies. It’s a rookie mistake; you hate to see it.

MafiaSSK (
Carla Espinosa
, Cop
) was a member of
Sacred Heart

Day 4 Final Votecount

4 MafiaSSK
(Tzeentch, Snow White, Gorrad, Fishythefish)

Not voting: Fritzler, MafiaSSK

(It is Night 4.)
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

My Nemesis

Fritzler is the spawn of all that is Satanic. When I say that I hate him with all the fiber of my being, it’s only because I haven’t yet devised a way for the fiber of my non-being, or the non-fibrous parts of either my being or my non-being, to hate him in a manner that would do my fiber justice. If someone investigated him, I’d have had to tell them the truth: that Fritzy’s a downright evil bastard.

Fritzler (
Bob Kelso
, Miller
) was a member of
Sacred Heart
Dr. John Dorian
Dr. John Dorian
Ninja
Dr. John Dorian
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Dr. John Dorian »

My Endgame

Life is a game. It has rules that we must follow, turns that we must take. It has winners and losers. But sometimes, we strategize and plan for victory so much, that after that final roll of the dice, we forget what our hard-earned victory actually means. It can be getting rid of a hated enemy…

<Tzeentch stand up from beside Fritzler’s corpse>

…or it could be getting to act as crazy as you want, without anyone to judge you…

<Zombie-veerus emerges from the morgue to chase Gorrad and Fishythefish through the hallways of Sacred Heart>

But sometimes victory is simply, at long last, being able to spend the rest of your life with the ones who are closest to you.

<Snow White, running in slow motion, embraces Tzeentch in the Scared Heart lobby. veerus stumbles bloodily through in the background>

And that’s when I realized that we already had exactly what we wanted. We didn’t need to keep playing this game any longer.

(The game is over. The
Brain Trust
wins!
Congratulations to Snow White, Tzeentch, and veerus!)

[All players may now talk freely about the game.]
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:44 am

Post by EmpTyger »

My Closing Credits

"I can't do it all on my own..."

Thanks to StrangerCoug for setup review.

I flipped out the Doug role in advance: he was a vigilante N1-3, doctor N4-8.
Carla results:
innocent wrote:Deep down- and I’ll never admit it to their face- I do consider them a good person, a caring person, and a friend.
guilty wrote:I hate their family, I hate their friends, I hate their profile pic, I hate anybody who ever even associates with them.

Night choices

N1:
Furry targets Slicey (kills)
hp [leaves] investigates BrianMcQueso (guilty)
BrianMcQueso kills Debonair Danny DiPietro

N2:
MafiaSSK investigates veerus (guilty)
Furry submits no action.
Tzeentch kills Furry

N3:
Tzeentch submits no kill.

N4:
Tzeentch kills Fritzler

Setup Notes

This game had 2 unusual mechanics.
Mafia Composition

The antitown faction is the “Brain Trust”, consisting of the Janitor plus up to 2 other players.

Roles are assigned randomly. At the start of the game, the Janitor will receive their role 24 hours before other players. The Janitor will choose 2 other characters to recruit into the Brain Trust. If those roles are in the game, they will receive the Brain Trust alignment. (All other roles will receive the “Sacred Heart” alignment.) At that point, all remaining roles will go out. There will be 24 hours for mafia to talk pregame, and then D1 will begin.

(The Brain Trust gains max 1 kill/night, even if the Doctor/Vigilante is in the mafia. They will be told of that in this instance.)

Moderation

The game will be moderated by an alt I will be creating, “Dr. Perry Cox”. One of the player’s will receive the role of Dr. Cox. Whenever they die, 2 things will occur:

1) All roles will “switch off” and become vanilla. (Abilities are based on Dr. Cos’s relationship with/perception of other roles, so with him gone, the roles become useless.)

2) A different alt will take over moderation, based on who is the highest alive in the following order.
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Bob Kelso
Dr. John Dorian
Dr. Todd Quinlen
Mr. Ted Buckland
Dr. Doug Murphy
Nurse Laverne Roberts
Nurse Carla Espinosa
Mrs. Jordan Sullivan
Dr. Elliot Reid
Dr. Chris Turk

All the alts arbitrate the game neutrally, with one exception: Dr. Jan Itor will bastard mod.

Roles
veerus ([i]the Janitor[/i], Vanilla, [u]Brain Trust[/u]) wrote:Mr… Glenn Matthews…?

Hurricanes descending on a coastal town, or that ex-girlfriend who makes out with your best friend across the room, they both have names even though you and I and 100,000 evacuees know that they’re just unstoppable forces of nature. So despite your claiming to adhere to the societal standard of moniker, we all know that you are so chaotic that we may as well forget about niceties and just call you as you really are: “The Janitor”. I have no idea what you ultimate goal is here, but, I’m familiar enough with the general idea of “systematic elimination of everyone opposed to your regime” to not care about the specific blueprints you’ve drawn up.

You’re the leader of the Brain Trust, which will consist of 4 people: (1) you, (2) your evil twin who is really you and everybody knows it so stop pretending already, mmkay? (3) and (4) 2 other characters who you will choose *now* and- if they are not just figments of your loony imagination and actually in the game- those players will immediately join your cause.

At night the members of the Brain Trust can go into your super secret supply closet and talk about whatever lies, deceptions, harassments, propaganda, conspiracies, and squirrel-fueled delusions you plan on unleashing on the rest of the personnel of Sacred Heart Hospital. Also each night one of the Brain Trust may PM me the name of 1 player you’re nefariously going to I-don’t-want-to-know-what to, and they’ll be nefariously I-still-don’t-want-to-know-what-ed.

Oh, and so you know, at some point during the game, I (Dr. Perry Cox), may be replaced by one “Dr. Jan Itor”.

(You have no nightabilities, although you may kill and nighttalk as part of the Brain Trust. You win with the Brain Trust. Please confirm by PM.)

Your character on wikipedia

In case you are unfamiliar with the show, Other characters on scrubs, for your reference. All roles in this game are “main” or “recurring”.
Tzeentch ([i]J.D.[/i], Lover, [u]Brain Trust[/u]) wrote:Dr. Dorian,

Tear your eyes away from your paramour. If you and your lovely Turkish Dee-lite (or whatever the special pet name you have for BrainMcQueso is which leaps off your lips when you stare deeply into his chocolately eyes) would focus on the business of saving patients instead of swooning into each others arms in that precious way my high school sweetie used to exhale with declarations of “We’ll. Be. To. Ge. Ther. For. Ev. Er. Sigh.” that managed to last just slightly longer than her second marriage then maybe you could actually live up to that goal you embroider on your pillow- and not the one about dying in each other’s arms, the one about winning my approval?

The Janitor has assembled his Brain Trust, which consists of 4 people: (1) the Janitor himself (veerus), (2) his evil twin who is really him and everybody knows it so stop pretending already, mmkay? (3) Dr. Dorian (Tzeentch) and (4) you, newbie. I’d say I expected better of you, but honestly I expected worse from you and you’ve still got time to live up to that expectation.

At night the members of the Brain Trust can go into your super secret supply closet and talk about whatever lies, deceptions, harassments, propaganda, conspiracies, and squirrel-fueled delusions you plan on unleashing on the rest of the personnel of Sacred Heart Hospital. Also each night one of the Brain Trust may PM me the name of 1 player you’re nefariously going to I-don’t-want-to-know-what to, and they’ll be nefariously I-still-don’t-want-to-know-what-ed.

(You are a Lover with Turk (BrianMcQueso). You may kill and nighttalk as part of the Brain Trust. You win with the Brain Trust. Please confirm by PM.)

[s]BrianMcQueso[/s] Snow White ([i]Christopher Turk[/i], Lover, [u]Brain Trust[/u]) wrote:Dr. Turk,

Stop drooling over your darling hubbaboo for just one second- and I’m not talking about your lawfully-in-states-other-than-Massachusetts-Iowa-and-Connecticut wedded wife. Gosh, if only the editors of the Oxford English Dictionary were here to see this, then they’d race back to their printing presses to see who would be the first one to edit broke broken brokenhearted broker brokerage brokered- ah, here we go- BROMANCE- and oh look, they included a space for a full-color illustration featuring you and one John Dorian Tzeentch linked together so strongly that not even death can separate you from one another.

The Janitor has assembled his Brain Trust, which consists of 4 people: (1) the Janitor himself (veerus), (2) his evil twin who is really him and everybody knows it so stop pretending already, mmkay? (3) Dr. Dorian (Tzeentch) and (4) you, newbie. I’d say I expected better of you, but honestly I expected worse from you and you’ve still got time to live up to that expectation.

(You are a Lover with J.D. (Tzeentch). You may kill and nighttalk as part of the Brain Trust. You win with the Brain Trust. Please confirm by PM.)

Debonair Danny DiPietro ([i]Elliot Reed[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Reid,

You are a <snore>. Oh, I’m sorry. I fell asleep because you are so <snore> boring, that simply thinking about telling you how you caused by brain to reflexively switch itself off in a desperate attempt to not have to listen to you, about you, or nearby you and all you-like things. You are way-hay-ay-hay-ay too boring to have any <snore> night abilities <snore>.

(You have no nightabilities. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

[s]hp [leaves][/s] MafiaSSK ([i]Carla Espinosa[/i], Cop, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Nurse Espinosa,

You’re the only other one here who has a lick of sense. And, gosh, I actually trust your judgment so much that I’ll even admit it in that begrudging manner I usually save for my barber, for doing something that seems painfully simple but as any parent of a 4-year-old who just discovered the joys of taking scissors to one’s own head knows, does actually require a teensy bit of skill to not resemble a decade late avant garde punk Portland counterculture wannabe. So, each night, ask me about a player by PM and I’ll share my infinite wisdom and good judgment with you.

(You are a Cop. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

inHimshallibe ([i]Jordan Sullivan[/i], Roleblocker, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Mrs. Cox,

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, I do know how much you hate it when I call you Mrs. Cox, because not only does the name “Cox” remind you of the bond of unholy matrimony that exists between us, but the “Mrs.” also reminds everyone in earshot that despite spending the equivalent of the economies of Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Guinea, Equitorial Guinea, and Burkina Faso on allegedly age-defying Botox treatments, you’re an *old* married-then-divorced-then-whatever-we-are-now hag. Each night, whine to me by PM about a player, and I’ll ignore any nightaction they send to me just to get you to shut up and go away.

(You are a Roleblocker. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

Brandi ([i]Ted Buckland[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Mr. Buckland,

You’re useless. You have no abilities. And, ya’ shouldn’t look so surprised. Try not to kill yourself.

Furry ([i]Doug Murphy[/i], Random Doctor/Vigilante, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Murphy,

You’re a doctokay, I’m really sorry, but I just can’t finish that sentence and keep a straight face. But did ya’ see how well I tried? Which is so much more than the effort you put into those unfortunate future donors that most of us typically call “patients”. Why, if I had five cents every time I saw a doctor as bad as you, I’d have a dime, because that one time I broke my self-imposed rule about talking to passengers sitting next to me on airline flights I happened to be in the window seat next to the yap-yap-yap-yap-yeeeeeeeeeeeeapping Dr. Kevorkian himself, who almost matched the sheer lethality I have witnessed in you time after time after time after time after time. So, on the graveyard shift (and yes, I am using the term deliberately) you can PM me the name of the player you’re trying to treat. In the morning, I’ll flip that dime, and figure out whether (heads) you saved them, or (tails) you killed them.

(You are a Random Doctor/Vigilante. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

Fishythefish ([i]The Todd[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Quinlen,

You are…

Ahem.

Dr. Quinlen

You are… Dr. Quinlen,

<whistles> Hey! I’m talking to you, even though you’re such a Neanderthal that you have neither yet mastered either the linguistic principle of the definite article, nor the societal standard of surnames, and I really don’t want to utter something as banal as “The Todd” in normal adult conversation. So using words of one-syllable to make this understandable:

You
Are
The
Todd.

You
Are
Too
Dumb
To
Do
Things
At
Night.

Gorrad ([i]Perry Cox[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Cox,

You are the most important role in this game, because not only are you the smartest and brightest and most daring and most experienced and most talented, but you are also the handsomest player by far. You don’t have any nightactions, but you’re so awesome, ya’ don’t need them.

[urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Cox]Your character on wikipedia[/url]
Laverne Roberts ([i]Slicey[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Nurse Roberts,

You are actually *not* a Nurse and put down that clipboard.
Okay. Let’s try this again, without the threats of imminent violence:
No, you are not a Nurse. But that’s because the Nurse ability doesn’t exist in this game. Why don’t you grumble about it under your breath later instead of taking it up with someone. Oh wait. You are. Well, good then.

[s]Maturin24[/s] [s]Lindisfarne[/s] Fritzler ([i]Bob Kelso[/i], Miller, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Kelso,

You are the spawn of all that is Satanic. When I say that I hate you with all the fiber of my being, it’s only because I haven’t yet devised a way for the fiber of my non-being, or the non-fibrous parts of either my being or my non-being, to hate you in a manner that would do my fiber justice. If someone investigates you, I’m going to have to tell them the truth, Bobbo: that you’re a downright evil bastard.

(You are a Miller. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

Last edited by EmpTyger on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Furry »

Mason claim was genius, I always wanted to do that but never had a partner with enough guts to go through with it. Did anyone else realize that scum had to be masons or Fritz-SSK though? It confirmed Gorrad and Fishy as town (in absence of a framer). No lynching that day was the best move as if scum had NOT realized this and killed Fritz-SSK they just lost.

This game also proves that I still can not ever play correctly as a vig, something in my mind siezes up, and I basically become the pro-town SK.

I did have all my town reads dead on though. I have no clue why Inhim was really lynched, he was really really really really obviously town. Brandi a bit less so but honestly there was just about however many other players left in the game I would of wanted to lynch less.

Fun game though
Temporary unretired alt
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Slicey »

Couple notes:

1. I thought for sure Brandi was scum, especially after InHim flipped town.
2. Lynching SSK was probably the stupidest thing town could have done.

I had trouble getting correct reads on anyone though. >_>
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Furry wrote:Mason claim was genius
Bottom line for me was, I didn't see Tzee being the type of player to fake that on a scumbuddy. Of course, if he hadn't they would both have died, which rather threw me off the scent.

Well played Tzee and SW. Thanks to everyone for playing, and especially the mod. It's a shame nothing ever came of the mod changes, that could have got fun.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Snow White »

Wow. Lol. I didnt actually think we were going to get through that when we targetted MafiaSSK Day4 and he claimed cop. But i think as a player, if i was an innocent i would have found him and his predecessors scummy and tried to prey on that as Brain Trust.

But wow... lol. All i can say is that it was lucky Veerus volunteered to sacrafice himself in the night talk with BMQ and Tzee (who was awesome to play with) if it came down to it. I think that and the mason claim was the main reasons we were really believed as town.

Fishy too was a great player, i thought. It was him, i for one, was most worried about stopping and voting against us after MafiaSSK came out as cop, which would then have brought the other players votes down on us.

Hope BMQ is doing ok if he ever reads back over this.

Finally, Thanks to Dr. Perry Cox for including me in and running the game. It was very good fun. :)
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:02 am

Post by EmpTyger »

It's a shame nothing ever came of the mod changes, that could have got fun.
heh I had great initial posts for Dr. Jan Itor and Dr. Bob Kelso that I never got to use. Ah well.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Slicey »

Those who voted for SSK (minus the scum of course) why in the holy hell did you vote a claimed cop? That makes zero sense.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Slicey wrote:Those who voted for SSK (minus the scum of course) why in the holy hell did you vote a claimed cop? That makes zero sense.
I didn't believe him. Obviously.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Furry »

Slicey wrote:Those who voted for SSK (minus the scum of course) why in the holy hell did you vote a claimed cop? That makes zero sense.
Well when he claimed scum with his results this is what it ment for the game

1) Masons were scum, since they were "confirmed" to eachother, and a guilty was on one of them
2) SSK was scum (likely with the Kelso-miller claim), and was looking for a lynch to win the game.
3) Mafia framer or other manipulator existed

Now it was obvious that masons and SSK (no matter who was scum) would not be NKed. The correct move however was to hope that mafia in the masons did not realize that Fritz was either confirmed town or scum with SSK, and went and killed him.

Either way, it was hard to tell who was scum and who wasnt there at the end. I dont get why a guilty was not claimed D2 though after the mason claim. Actually I do.

~The only problem I have about the structure of this game was the replacement rule. It literally stole a win from the town. D2 if hp had been around to claim a guilty on the mason claim, regardless of who got lynched the lover-masons would of gone. When he was not able to claim, it was a big boost to the scum since the results only were available to scum in lylo.
Temporary unretired alt
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Interesting, why was I the NK on N1?
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by veerus »

Yay, my plan worked! I figured I'd pick the two of the most towniest roles I could think of (JD & Turk) because a claim would save them for sure in the end. The mod had an unexpected twist with them being lovers, but luckily that mechanic didn't come into play.

Great job by my partners in crime. I probably could've played a bit better but it worked out in the end.

SW, I didn't really volunteer as I was worried that it would lose due to BMQ's lurkiness since he wasn't replaced right away at night like the others. When you came in however, it was definitely the right play. Good call on the no-lynch too. It still kept us in LYLO and gave a plausible explanation for why the town-confirmed masons weren't dead.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by veerus »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Interesting, why was I the NK on N1?
Lack of a more obvious target and you were town-ish w/o attracting attention.

By the way, Emp, great Dr. Cox monologues. Did you borrow actual rants and change to fit the context or did you mostly make them up using his personality as a guideline?
-Fight Club
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Furry:
Furry wrote: ~The only problem I have about the structure of this game was the replacement rule. It literally stole a win from the town. D2 if hp had been around to claim a guilty on the mason claim, regardless of who got lynched the lover-masons would of gone. When he was not able to claim, it was a big boost to the scum since the results only were available to scum in lylo.
I'll agree that the hp situation was a mess, but I don’t think it would have affected the result: hp specifically asked that his tempreplacer be told to *not* reveal the guilty result. What happened was hp requested tempreplacement, and I planned on replacing him immediately, but all of the replacements I had lined up backed out. Meanwhile, hp seemed to return, although I couldn't tell for certain, as he picked up but didn't reply to my PM. With day ending anyway I decided to just permanently replace him.

I do think I will make explicit for my ruleset in my next game that forced replacements will only occur in twilight.

veerus:
veerus wrote:By the way, Emp, great Dr. Cox monologues. Did you borrow actual rants and change to fit the context or did you mostly make them up using his personality as a guideline?
99% made up by me. The cop results were lifted almost verbatim from actual rants. The “throwing randomvote after randomvote” bit was loosely adopted from his “regular strength Tylenol dosage” rant. I couldn’t resist throwing in “Always side with the hoochie, newbies. It’s a rookie mistake; you hate to see it.” (Kelso’s initial post would have been “What has two thumbs and doesn’t give a crap about flavor? / You’re nothing but a bunch of vanilla scrubs to me.”) But everything else I composed myself, using John McGinley as my muse.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by veerus »

EmpTyger wrote: I do think I will make explicit for my ruleset in my next game that forced replacements will only occur in twilight.
Why delay it so much? Odds are, it'll hurt the town.
EmpTyger wrote:99% made up by me. The cop results were lifted almost verbatim from actual rants. The “throwing randomvote after randomvote” bit was loosely adopted from his “regular strength Tylenol dosage” rant. I couldn’t resist throwing in “Always side with the hoochie, newbies. It’s a rookie mistake; you hate to see it.” (Kelso’s initial post would have been “What has two thumbs and doesn’t give a crap about flavor? / You’re nothing but a bunch of vanilla scrubs to me.”) But everything else I composed myself, using John McGinley as my muse.
It was very well written. I'd like to nominate you for a scummy... pretty sure there was one for flavor.
-Fight Club

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”