Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Juls wrote:Also note that VP said he was "getting town vibes" from me in one of his last posts of the day.
I got town vibes from your one post yes. It did remind me a touch of your play in Cowboy Bebop early on when you were getting beat on for the miller thing. However, vibes don't negate your utterly bizarre behaviour regarding Empking.

Also, you suddenly feeling the need to claim with only two votes looks like you are just trying to draw pity and avoid a lynch.

What happened to your suspicions of tubby? What is your real case against me other than you are allegedly town and I'm trying to get you lynched? Do you have any substantial suspicions against someone who
hasn't
said they would be willing to lynch you first?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Juls »

Since most people have indicated their intent to lynch me you have set yourself up in a nice situation again with the way you word your inquiry about my suspicions of others. I think what tubby said was scummy but I had some better feelings about Pesco so right now you are still top of the list.

And again, for the record, my case on you is based on how you have misrepresented what other people have said and molded things to fit your case. Remember, town, that VP was the one that gave an out for lynching me no matter how Empking flipped. And it will be interesting to see how tubby will react considering he said he would make a case based on Empking flips.

And the reason I claimed was because it is inevitible that I will be put at L-1 given people's sentiments yesterday.

Let's have a hypothetical here VP. It's Day 4, I have been lynched and I flip Vanilla Townie...your reaction...let's hear it!
-------------------------------------
Juls
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Juls wrote: Remember, town, that VP was the one that gave an out for lynching me no matter how Empking flipped.
Quote please where I even mentioned your lynches in relation to one another. You keep pushing this idea and it is utterly untrue. I wanted you lynched yesterday, not Empking. I said this quite clearly actually. It didn't happen, unfortunately. How does that have anything to do with Empking's lynch?
Juls wrote:Let's have a hypothetical here VP. It's Day 4, I have been lynched and I flip Vanilla Townie...your reaction...let's hear it!
No matter what I say here you are going to say it is somehow scummy, thus making this a ridiculous line of discussion. If I say 'well, Juls was acting scummy and deserved to be lynched', you will say that I'm trying to avoid responsibility. If I say, 'I take responsibility, but must have misread Juls', you are going to say it's evidence of how I was "misrepping" you. Either way, I lose and you get to continue your pity party.

You are my top suspect and have been for sometime, thus I want you lynched. Unlike you, however, I continue to follow other leads while in pursuit of my top suspect.

Do you honestly feel you have not acted scummy this game?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:45 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Blatant OMGUS on people voting for her. Misrepping VPB, not fully explaining why VPB is scummy, claiming with no reason at all, claiming she was trying to draw the night kill.

vote: Juls
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Juls »

VP Baltar wrote:Quote please where I even mentioned your lynches in relation to one another.
Here:
VP Baltar wrote:
X wrote:How is Juls' stance toward Empking scummy if Empking is town?
Because she could now be trying to distance herself from a townie lynch. Obviously, hypo-scum Juls has already been on one townie lynch and would potentially not want to be on another because late game wagon analysis would implicate her as scum for this.
==========
VP Baltar wrote:Do you honestly feel you have not acted scummy this game?
I have owned my mistakes. See the paragraph in my pbpa under Empking. I have also admitted to not playing to my utmost while on vacation. Sorry, you guys weren't #1 on my to do list while at Disney World. When the game is over I hope you all spare me the blame-fest. I recognize my mistakes.
hasdgfas wrote:claiming she was trying to draw the night kill.
Explain why a Vanilla townie trying to draw the night kill is scummy?

Either we have a very lazy town here that is just jumping on me because I am an easy target or scum is pushing me...simple as that. I will be vindicated by my flip. I am so over this game (sorry Vi :( ).
Juls
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:13 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Juls wrote:Explain why a Vanilla townie trying to draw the night kill is scummy?
but I didn't say you were trying to draw the night kill.
You claimed you were, but I don't think you were at all. You wanted to look like you were, but that's completely different.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:14 am

Post by X »

Truant, I think that you need to explain yourself better.
Juls wrote:FYI, no need dragging it out to L-1. I am a Vanilla Townie, the Police. My flavor is De Do Do Do De Da Da Da. I made a last ditch effort to get the night kill to prevent another mislynch by claiming I might get night information in my last post of yesterday. It was a weak attempt but an attempt nontheless.
I think this is really a poor defense. And the vote on VPB does look like extended OMGUS. VPB, Juls' question about your reaction to her flipping VT is a legitimate question. I think you should answer it.
hasdgfas wrote:claiming with no reason at all
No, I think Juls' choice to claim was very understandable.

Juls, I think you've been very single-minded over the course of the game...mostly concentrating on Empking, VPB, and your tubby and PP votes were largely unexplained. The PP vote was somewhat explained, but only by a post a day earlier saying that he would drop the hammer. I read over the VPB and Juls argument overNight, and thought that VPB made more sense, and was being accused of misrepresentation when he actually wasn't.

Juls, what do you think of Truant, Cow, and Sotty?
VPB, what do you think of tubby?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:16 am

Post by hasdgfas »

X wrote:
it's a cop out. At least try to defend yourself instead of claiming.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@ Juls-I don't think the quote you cite is really me chaining your lynch to Empking's alignment. I gave a hypothetical reason I thought could be valid as to why you would unvote Empking for seemingly little to no reason. If I had been pushing for Empking's lynch yesterday, then I would say that you have a valid point, but I most certainly was not.

You later claim that you unvoted because you were worried about him being a Jester, which is strange since you have apparently never even played with a Jester before. Did you assume a Jester lynch automatically ended the game? If so, why?
Juls wrote:Sorry, you guys weren't #1 on my to do list while at Disney World.
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU !!!!!! I should obviously be your number one life concern. Cheese and rice, as the mod might say. Cheese and rice. :P
Lies!
I
should be Juls' #1 concern! ~Vi

------------------

Happy scumday, X!
X wrote:VPB, Juls' question about your reaction to her flipping VT is a legitimate question. I think you should answer it.
The fact that she didn't reply to my remarks on it somewhat shows that I beat her to what she was going to say. However, if you would like a reply to it, no problem.

If Juls flips town, I have no problem taking my share of the blame for the lynch. I think she has acted scummy and have fairly clearly (imo) shown why, but if people find I was being scummy in pursuing her lynch then I guess I will have questions to answer. I don't really know what else to say to that question.

What would your outlook on me be if Juls flips town X?
X wrote:VPB, what do you think of tubby?
I think the way he expressed support for the juls wagon yesterday was a bit shady, and I certainly didn't think much of his predecessor. Overall, he's pretty high on my suspicion list and we need to hear a lot more from him today.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Vi »

Some like it hot, and some sweat when the heat is on
Some feel the heat, and decide that they can't go on
Some like it hot, but you can't tell how hot 'til you try
Some like it hot, so let's turn up the heat 'til we fry!

Vote Count XXIX:
Burning you up, ready or not!

Juls (L-2) ~ Truant, VP Baltar, hasdgfas

VP Baltar (L-4) ~ Juls
Minimum (L-5)

Not Voting:
Truant,
elvis_knits, Hero764,
hasdgfas, Juls,
tubby216, Sotty7,
VP Baltar,
X
[size=0]Truant 0 | e_knits 1 | Hero 1 | hascow 0 | Juls 0 | tubby 1 | Sotty7 1 | VP Baltar 0 | X 0[/size]
Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|||
(93%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by tubby216 »

i would like to vote for juls because its easy. but because its easy it gives me pause. so i will re-read and post thoughts soonest
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Juls Post 454 wrote:Either we have a very lazy town here that is just jumping on me because I am an easy target or scum is pushing me...simple as that. I will be vindicated by my flip. I am so over this game (sorry Vi :( ).
I'm sorry no.

You pushed emp on day one for basically being emp. You then hammered PP and when day two started you wanted to “hold the phone” on emp, suddenly worried he was a jester. You then built a case on VP that no one really agreed with and as soon as Tubby expressed suspicions of you, you went ahead and voted for him too. Just throwing away your case on VP almost as if you didn't believe it fully yourself.

Now it is day three and you are right back on VP. What happened to Tubby?

You keep trying to place the blame of your play on anyone but yourself. Calling the town lazy, saying you are over this game. I can't see as anything but a desperation tactic at this point.

The only reason I am not putting you at lynch-1 at this point is because there are three players that we really need to hear more from. Hero, Truant and Tubby.
tubby216 Post 460 wrote:i would like to vote for juls because its easy. but because its easy it gives me pause. so i will re-read and post thoughts soonest
Looking forward to this.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:37 am

Post by Hero764 »

Sorry guys, I haven't been reading as much as I would like. I'll try to be caught up this evening.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hero wrote:Sorry guys, I haven't been reading as much as I would like. I'll try to be caught up this evening.
Hope you keep this promise. we need more diversity of opinions in this game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Juls »

Have been studying for a test. I will post responses to all I need to respond to tonight.
Juls
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I lack the will to get excited about mafia today (has nothing to do with this game), so I haven't read everything, just skimmed. I agree that juls is the scummiest for reasons stated yesterday. It doesn't make sense to me for her to push a lynch on emp d1 and then stall the lynch on d2, and then get back on the lynch because we pointed out her inconsistency. I also don't think her case against vp makes any sense.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Juls »

OK, what we have here is a failure to communicate and I am really not sure how to overcome it. I have really never had this much trouble conveying my thoughts than in this game.

First, I have been lynched in exactly zero games (not counting War in Heaven 2 which was nightless). So having to defend myself like this is a new experience to me. I have only had to do it really as a miller which is an inherently scummy role. When I started playing mafia I quit shortly after because I didn't like being suspected. When I came back I made the commitment to work through these situations because it's the only way I will learn so here I am...learning. My only request of you is that you step back and entertain the possibility that I am town. I actually somewhat want to get lynched at this point so that town can get over me and move on to who is really scum. I feel I am distracting the town from finding scum.

================

Now...on to responding to your questions/comments:
X 456 wrote:Juls, I think you've been very single-minded over the course of the game...mostly concentrating on Empking, VPB, and your tubby and PP votes were largely unexplained. The PP vote was somewhat explained, but only by a post a day earlier saying that he would drop the hammer. I read over the VPB and Juls argument overNight, and thought that VPB made more sense, and was being accused of misrepresentation when he actually wasn't.
I am not trying to be single-minded. I feel like VPB has twisted not only my words but other people's words. My fear is that I drop my case on VP and he slips by without question. But I do admit I question it now that so many people have called me stupid for making it (in so many words). I also honestly could not justify Empking's play in any way other than wanting to be lynched. I have a history of not liking players like this (zwets, killa_seven are a couple others I have had issues with). But even after playing with Empking it just felt like he wanted to be lynched. Now I see he is just a troll and I gave him attention. Shame on me. My comment on tubby stands. I felt that saying "oh I will make a case on you tomorrow" felt off. I did however get better feelings from pesco.
X 456 wrote:Juls, what do you think of Truant, Cow, and Sotty?
Truant/image - image mostly lurked which is never a good thing. other than that I don't have anything I can sit here and put in quotes and point to as something I found scummy about him. The game I recently played in voting patterns came into play and just a quick look over his voting pattern I notice that he really doesn't put his vote out there much. He only joke voted and voted for PP. So, it may be worth looking into a little more. Truant's vote on me with a piggybacked argument is also worth noting.

Cow - I lean town at the moment. The only thing I really noted on him on my reread was his case on image was a little weak (saying that sarcasm tags were scummy).

Sotty - I lean town on Sotty as well. She has been looking for scum, asking questions, seems to be scum-hunting.
cow 457 wrote:it's a cop out. At least try to defend yourself instead of claiming.
I feel like that is all I have been doing is defending myself. When I made my claim I already had 2 votes on me. I have been studying for an exam so I wasn't sure how fast it would go or how much time I would have to devote to the game so I might as well get it out there.
VPB 458 wrote:@ Juls-I don't think the quote you cite is really me chaining your lynch to Empking's alignment. I gave a hypothetical reason I thought could be valid as to why you would unvote Empking for seemingly little to no reason. If I had been pushing for Empking's lynch yesterday, then I would say that you have a valid point, but I most certainly was not.
On reread I see that you were saying you thought Empking was town previously. The quote stuck out to me because you called me "hypo" scum and I had remembered you saying it was based on Empking flipping town. You were arguing that I didn't want to be on a townie mislynch while others were arguing I was his scumbuddy. I think I may have crossed some wires here.
VPB 458 wrote:You later claim that you unvoted because you were worried about him being a Jester, which is strange since you have apparently never even played with a Jester before. Did you assume a Jester lynch automatically ended the game? If so, why?
Never playing in a game with a jester does not make me oblivious that the role exists. I am aware of the role, I am aware of the role's purpose. Vi's rules clearly point out the role is possible in the game. I have always been told when Jester speculation has occured that the mod will say if there is the possibility of Jester. I was clearly wrong on it. I also did not assume the Jester lynch ended the game for two reasons 1) I don't think that Vi would sit in the queue for 3-4 months to end the game so suddenly and 2) she, in so many words said it wouldn't in response to whoever asked if it would end the game. I have explained this now every which way from Sunday. I would like to move on from it.
Sotty7 461 wrote:You pushed emp on day one for basically being emp. You then hammered PP and when day two started you wanted to “hold the phone” on emp, suddenly worried he was a jester. You then built a case on VP that no one really agreed with and as soon as Tubby expressed suspicions of you, you went ahead and voted for him too. Just throwing away your case on VP almost as if you didn't believe it fully yourself.
OK that's fine. I accept everything you say in this quote except the part where you say I threw away my case on VP. Last I checked, most games of mafia have more than one scum. Just because I voted someone else does not mean that I forgot about VP. And a vote is a lot more powerful than saying "I think what you said was scummy" so I used my vote. I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all.
Sotty7 461 wrote:You keep trying to place the blame of your play on anyone but yourself. Calling the town lazy, saying you are over this game. I can't see as anything but a desperation tactic at this point.
I don't want to act like I am not at blame here. Like I have said, I have made mistakes. But, I do think the town and scum have focused in on me and don't really have a plan for when I flip town. It's getting kinda late in the game to be mislynching so often and from what I can see there really aren't anymore leads. A question to everyone, when I flip town, because I will, who are you going after?

===============

If I am still around, everyone should know the next 10 or so days for me are going to be pretty busy as I wrap up the semester. Just an FYI. I will be around but if I don't get back to someone immediately that's why. I would like to do another reread of the game but I think my time is limited here...
Juls
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 am

Post by X »

hasdgfas wrote:
X wrote:
it's a cop out. At least try to defend yourself instead of claiming.
That's different, and makes more sense.
VP Baltar wrote:Happy scumday, X!
Thanks! Hard to believe that I've been at this for a year.
tubby wrote:i would like to vote for juls because its easy. but because its easy it gives me pause. so i will re-read and post thoughts soonest
You didn't take the time to re-read overNight? I don't like this post, especially coupled with the >1 day wait.
Hero wrote:Sorry guys, I haven't been reading as much as I would like. I'll try to be caught up this evening.
This, on the other hand, is understandable. Really want to hear from both of you, though. And EK. She hasn't been posting much recently.
tubby wrote:Juls has not impressed as of yet, when we lynch empking and if he flips scum I will be taking a hard look at juls and then you all might be graced with the rare oppurtunity to read an acutall case brought forth by me
This was Yesterday. You still are highly suspicious of Juls Today. Please explain. Even better would be if you throw in an actual case (on anyone).

Juls' last post gave me a vibe that she was innocent - maybe just a well-crafted scum post, but innocent-looking nonetheless. I think it's the diction. So I looked back through her ISO. Until the VPB argument she was very wishy-washy, staying on a few players and switching them every so often. Perhaps trying to see which one stuck. Until the argument with VPB. In that argument, I think she's been misrepresenting VPB. One statement in her most recent post baffles me:
Juls wrote:I actually somewhat want to get lynched at this point so that town can get over me and move on to who is really scum.
I'm not quite sure what to think, but the sense of utter innocence has been mollified.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:06 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok upon revieving my notes and such, sometimes it simply is what it is and i feel Juls is scummy and deserves the lynch today

plus i do not see the police as a protoen role to have in this game.

vote: Juls
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Juls »

X wrote:I'm not quite sure what to think, but the sense of utter innocence has been mollified.
I think my presence is distracting from us finding scum. People are focusing on me and only me and not looking at anyone else.
tubby216 wrote:plus i do not see the police as a protoen role to have in this game.
That's weak. Really.
Juls
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:35 am

Post by tubby216 »

what more do you want? everyone else pointed all the cool trendy scum tells that you have made over the last few days, so i figured i be all original.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:50 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Then please explain it more, tubby. Don't just say it so you can be all "oh I
did
give reasons" when called out
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I have to agree that the police sounds weird. You'd think that like, the police might be an investigative role or something? Not just vanilla? So it doesn't really match up for me.

I'm not basing juls' scumminess on that, but it certainly doesn't make her any more credible, IMO.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Truant »

My reasons for thinking Juls is scum:

Her flipflopping on EMP and various stances throughout the game: ISO 5 she wanted to daykill EMP so she was quite aware that he's not the most active or best player out there. In 12 she saw no reason to unvote EMP, then in 13 she voted pesco, while leaving a FOS on EMP, and in 14 draws connection from EMP to zwet for playstyle. Very clearly aware that he's being rather useless but is a typical style for several players and not just an isolated incident. 18 says that EMP is potentially a complete idiot and then says that he's a scum idiot. The change in the single post looks like she's trying to make it appear that she's voting him for being scum instead of voting for a bad playstyle (which is inherently scummy.) Playstyle is not indicative of role, as she so adroitly pointed out in I *think* 19, but firefox is acting up so I can't check atm. 19, votes for EMP again, criticizing EK for looking at multiple people as scum, which is an inherently good thing (which is a huge point against Juls). 22 Hammers PP

Day2:

Says EMP not playing to meta after two games that she cites and remembers in 23. 24 and 25 thinks that emp is jester, but 27 votes for EMP anyways. The flipping back and forth is completely over the top at this point. 31 brings up being a jester again, but still leaves vote on EMP. Considering her POV on having another person win over her, this seems completely unreasonable. 32 says that EMP is by far the most scummy, 35 UV's EMP.... Ok then. 36 puts out a case against VP that starts from very early on (so obviously VP is pretty scummy in her eyes, and not only EMP as she's basically said throughout the game). 37 votes for VP, 40 votes for Tubby for setting up lynches which is the scummiest thing she's seen all game (which is a good thing to note as I've seen scum say that about their partners a good amount of time), then in 41 votes for EMP again due to deadline.

.... D2 was worse than D1, and she's in a web of backtracking and inconsistent points already.

D3 now has to vote for VP as she's bandwagoned everyone else to a lynch (hammered PP, hammered EMP) so now has to find a new target.
RAWR!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

tubby wrote:plus i do not see the police as a protoen role to have in this game.
Would this fall in your top three reasons for voting her?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”