Mini 816: Revenge of the Monkey(GAME OVER!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:50 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I hereby understand and confirm my role.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vote: Sajin
for Battousai saving your butt in Mini 774.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sajin wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Vote: Sajin
for Battousai saving your butt in Mini 774.
Saving me? Lol. I had you pegged as the Witch/Serial Killer for 3 days and you know it.
Yeah, but I was
THAT
close to getting you lynched! ><

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:Hiya :D

and Hi Sajin too. :D

I'm surprised almost half the people in this game I've played with already
I've played with Sajin, obviously, and ryan2754 and charter have been in games that I have modded. Pretty much everyone else is a new face to me.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

There tends to be three Mafia in a mini, but sometimes one more or less depending on the setup.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Scott Brosius wrote:Any reason for a third vote on me with no explanation when we are pretty much still in the RVS?
Here, have another vote!

Vote Scott Brosius
[/quote]

Unvote: Sajin
Vote: charter

Granted, Scott Brosius should not be panicking over an L-4, but that's still cheap.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP to fix quote tags:
charter wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:Any reason for a third vote on me with no explanation when we are pretty much still in the RVS?
Here, have another vote!

Vote Scott Brosius
And just in case there's technicalities involved with my messed-up post,
unvote: Scott Brosius
and
vote: charter

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

That doesn't excuse charter from voting you for asking about it, which is why I voted him.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:49 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The fact that Scott Brosius asked why he's being bandwagoned and you added a vote seemingly just for kicks was enough to set off my alarm. Also, "piling on the largest bandwagon" isn't exactly a pro-town move (best case scenario being a null tell).

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Konowa wrote:@Stranger- Is there anything wrong with bandwagons?
Scum like to bandwagon when they can get away with it, for starters. We want to lynch someone because that person is most likely scum, not merely because we feel like it.
charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:The fact that Scott Brosius asked why he's being bandwagoned and you added a vote seemingly just for kicks was enough to set off my alarm. Also, "piling on the largest bandwagon" isn't exactly a pro-town move (best case scenario being a null tell).
What do you mean set off your alarm? You think my bandwagoning was scummy, or what? I think bandwagons are extremely protown, the bigger, the better in my experience. If we brought Scott to L-2 or L-1 for no other reason than "just because" it would be much to my liking.
I ought to confirm my vote on you just for the last sentence. We do not want to drive players dangerously close to a lynch on a whim.

To answer a questions, that something "sets off my alarm" means that I find it scummy. Something would not set off alarms and receive just a passing notice if any.
Devestation wrote:What happens if a JESTER hammers and we lynch them for stupidity tomorrow?
We should not worry about jesters in a normal as they are extremely rare, and I don't consider it a "normal" role (not my job as co-list mod to check setups, though—just record-keeping for MeMe, which is why I still play these). Were this a theme game, you'd have a legitimate concern regarding jesters.

I don't find this question indicative of scumminess, merely paranoia.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #72 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: For the word "a" in "To answer a questions", read "your".

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #74 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Scum like to bandwagon when they can get away with it, for starters. We want to lynch someone because that person is most likely scum, not merely because we feel like it.
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT LYNCHING ANYONE??? You keep seeming to think this is true, but why?
The same reason you seem to think that Scott Brosius being run up as high as you said you were happy with (up to L-1) is a laughing matter. Suppose five townies all random vote the same person, then two Mafiates swoop in for the lynch. Who's to blame then?

You have been on this site for three days shy of two years now. Post like those two years minus three days have taught you something and don't feign oblivion to something that's common knowledge among Mafia players.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #76 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:23 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

How did I fail to answer your question? My point was that if we're not careful, bandwagons can lead to mislynches. You seem not to care, which is a big fat scumtell.

You say that if two scum swoop in to quickhammer, then those two are obvscum. How, therefore, is Scott Brosius being run up to L-2 or L-1 for no other reason than "just because" a good thing?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #78 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Snake wrote:
charter wrote:You have been on this site for three days shy of two years now. Post like those two years minus three days have taught you something and don't feign oblivion to something that's common knowledge among Mafia players.
Agreed.
I posted the quote here, not charter.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #101 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:
Stranger wrote:How did I fail to answer your question? My point was that if we're not careful, bandwagons can lead to mislynches. You seem not to care, which is a big fat scumtell.
Ok, this is much clearer than your other post. I will ask you too, why do you discount the possibility of a wagon on Scott ending with a scum lynch?
Did I say that if we're not careful, Scott will die and flip town? No I did not. I was talking in general, not specifically about him. We may get lucky and run someone up to a lynch with just random votes for that person to flip scum, but that only has a 25% chance or so of happening—and that obviously assumes it's allowed to happen.
Stranger wrote:You say that if two scum swoop in to quickhammer, then those two are obvscum. How, therefore, is Scott Brosius being run up to L-2 or L-1 for no other reason than "just because" a good thing?
For the same reason I've been saying. You get to see how he reacts, and how others react to it and if anyone unvotes, or quickvotes. I call it scumhunting.[/quote]
Getting reactions is a good thing, but please tell me you have a better way than THAT to scumhunt. I suggest one that doesn't risk losing a townie for spurious reasoning.
Konowa wrote:
Devestation wrote:You say that as if you know that they were actually trying to lynch Scott. Why?
I never said that they were trying to lynch Scott. I said you were trying to deflate a random wagon on Scott.

I am pretty sure Devestation is scum at this point. This is getting quite easy.
I personally think charter is scum at this point and this is getting quite easy as he can't adequately explain why bandwagoning benefits the town, and I agree with Snake that the former providing game examples of bandwagoning with him being winning scum leaves a black mark on him. I can see Devestation-scum, though, but barely a connection with Scott—Mafiosi sometimes get concerned about what happens to their buddies, but that's the only basis of Dev and Scott being buddies that I see.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #102 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Damn quote tags again >< You can tell who posted what, though.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #107 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charlatan wrote:StrangerCoug took the ball and ran with it, and has since tunneled hard on charter. Snake has played back-up, but he's engaging more in the overall dialogue, whereas Stranger has pretty much spent the entire game (at least in Serious Mode) taking swings at charter. I think it's an easy fight to pick, and at the end of the day I don't think charter's attitude towards bandwagoning is scummy, just arguably ill-reasoned. So, I'm looking mostly at the attackers.

Do I think charter's tactics thus far have been optimal? No. Do I think they've been scummy? Not necessarily. At least not with even a hint of the surety others have expressed.

Vote: StrangerCoug
charter seems to advocate the idea that all bandwagons are pro-town, which is not true. That's been the basis of my attack against him. Yes, I'm primarily focusing on charter, but I'm not oblivious to the Devestation case, nor am I fond of Konowa at this point.
Scott Brosius wrote:StrangerCoug, you seem deathly afraid of losing a townie, to the point where I think you are scum trying too hard to appear town. I don't want to lose townies either, but as I already stated, sometimes this helps in the long run. Scum please feel free to attempt to use this to vote me under the guise that I don't care about losing townies.

Unvote, Vote:StrangerCoug
The "losing a townie" thing is the potential consequence of mindless bandwagoning (what I think charter wants) that I'm trying to hammer into charter's head. If you would like to kill a town power role that way, then be my guest.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #116 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:StrangerCoug, you seem deathly afraid of losing a townie, to the point where I think you are scum trying too hard to appear town. I don't want to lose townies either, but as I already stated, sometimes this helps in the long run. Scum please feel free to attempt to use this to vote me under the guise that I don't care about losing townies.

The "losing a townie" thing is the potential consequence of mindless bandwagoning (what I think charter wants) that I'm trying to hammer into charter's head. If you would like to kill a town power role that way, then be my guest.
I should have posted a clearer defense: Must we mislynch, I'd rather the reasoning be well-founded and not spurious.
charter wrote:Yes, this is basically what I've been suspecting StrangerCoug on this game as well. He hasn't said two words about anyone but me, and isn't interested in finding out anyone else's alignment, or even mine.
This is false. I've touched on the same Devestation-Scott Brosius connection that your posts imply to exist, and by saying I'm not fond of Konowa, I imply that I'm leaning scum on him. Me talking mostly about you ≠ me talking only about you.
Konowa wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:charter seems to advocate the idea that all bandwagons are pro-town, which is not true. That's been the basis of my attack against him. Yes, I'm primarily focusing on charter, but I'm not oblivious to the Devestation case, nor am I fond of Konowa at this point.
That is a very open-ended, vague statement. What exactly are you not fond of at this point?
I disagree with you when you said that Devestation is making this game easy, and I also have a gut feeling you're connected to charter.
Konowa wrote:Also, remind me why you are voting charter again, because right now it seems that you voting him for purely theoretical reasons.
My initial reasoning was actually a cheap bandwagon vote on Scott Brosius, but when charter went out of his way to voice an anti-town view on bandwagon, I shifted my attack to address that.
charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:charter seems to advocate the idea that all bandwagons are pro-town, which is not true.
Yeah, 9 times out of 10 bandwagons are good, especially in the RVS. I guess they can be bad, but I can't recall a game I've ever been in where town quickhammered town on a wagon. I only remember scum quickhammering town.
Convince me that bandwagons are a good town weapon outside of the random voting stage and I'll consider unvoting you.
charter wrote:StrangerCoug is scummy because he isn't scumhunting. He's just going after me, and isn't making any attempt to discern my alignment. He's also having barebones interactions with everyone else in the game.
I think any person who thinks someone should be run up to L-2 or L-1 in the RVS, which you said you'd be happy with, should have a rope tied around his or her neck. I would have moved along had you been more thoughtful about the matter.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #119 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Konowa wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:My initial reasoning was actually a cheap bandwagon vote on Scott Brosius, but when charter went out of his way to voice an anti-town view on bandwagon, I shifted my attack to address that.
So you are now attacking him because of his view on bandwagons? Yes or no.
Yes.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #122 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Konowa wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I disagree with you when you said that Devestation is making this game easy, and I also have a gut feeling you're connected to charter.
So you do not believe Devestation to be scum at this point?
No, he has done things that make him scummy in my mind, but not as much as charter.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #138 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:19 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:no, I'm voting because Charter is writing messages to aliens with his burning grass.

Honestly, I currently have no other good target for my vote, so I'd rather it stays on a player I find anti-town. I could put it on SC too, but Charter is more anti-town to me.
FoS: dramonic
. You find charter suspicious, yet you claim your vote reason is the same reason you random voted him and claim not to have a better person to be voting. If you're leaving it there as a serious vote for charter, why aren't you saying so?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #140 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK,
un-FoS
. I should not be viewing people as suspicious for having a better sense of humor than I do.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #144 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:
ISO 14 is a prime example of the wiggling-room language I'm talking about. I'll quote it here:
Right now, I can admit my scumdar is not giving me prime suspect. However, anti-town wise, Cojin and SC are both "beeping"
See? You don't even commit to anything here. You say "eh....I don't know who's scummy, but you're kinda anti-town!"
For future reference, I replaced the you in my quote with Cojin, as that was who you refered to when it was done.
Who is Cojin?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #149 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:
Stranger wrote:This is false. I've touched on the same Devestation-Scott Brosius connection that your posts imply to exist, and by saying I'm not fond of Konowa, I imply that I'm leaning scum on him. Me talking mostly about you ≠ me talking only about you.
No, as far as I can tell, the only time you've mentioned Devestation is your post 19 (which is after you made this post).
Lies. I mentioned or talked to Devestation in my post 9 in isolation, my post 14 in isolation, and my post 16 in isolation. I don't believe for an instant that you missed three times I did this.
charter wrote:The only thing you've said about Scott is what you keep attacking me over, and you'd be doing the same if it was someone besides Scott. You aren't trying to find out anybody's alignment, you're just trying to push a charter lynch.
More lies. I am not attacking Scott Brosius for voicing anti-town opinions about bandwagoning; I feel Scott Brosius may be connected to Devestation by the latter's worrying about the number of votes on the former. I also believe I implied that Scott Brosius was worrying about the number of votes on himself too in the very post I voted you.
charter wrote:
Stranger wrote:Convince me that bandwagons are a good town weapon outside of the random voting stage and I'll consider unvoting you.
Go read some games and many times it's obvious when a townie is being wagoned. It's much more difficult to get a good wagon on scum when they don't slip up big. Two examples I can think of off the top of my head are these
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10933
I worked tirelessly to get Budja lynched day one, and most of the day it was me who had the most votes.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9776
Rival bandwagons day one, Llama figured out that people easily voted one person (a townie) while it was impossible to get others to vote for someone else (scum).
The bandwagon case is dismissed, but I'm still going to be voting you as you have proven to not have read/to have skimmed past my posts. I believe I've said more than once that you are my top suspect; however, there are other people I'm looking at too. That you are panicking by refusing to acknowledge my cases on other people is scummy.
charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I think any person who thinks someone should be run up to L-2 or L-1 in the RVS, which you said you'd be happy with, should have a rope tied around his or her neck. I would have moved along had you been more thoughtful about the matter.
Did you miss the game where I did it as town and it cleared a townie?
What game? I've played/modded too many games to have mental notes on everything that's happened in my games; that's why I comment on them after I'm done.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #151 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I just realized that I only counted the posts before my #19 in isolation when disproving that that post was the only time I brought up Devestation, but I feel that's disproof enough :P

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #168 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

AdamNW wrote:How is this game 7 pages in and only on day 1?
It's rare for Day 1 to end before page 15 or so. Scumhunt rather than worrying about it still being Day 1.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #192 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Posting since I have to work from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM MDT tomorrow and I'd like not to be prodded while I'm sleeping/working. I still like my charter vote—I never really expected to get him lynched on a cheap Scott vote and I've dropped the bandwagon case, but the misrepresentation case still stands.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #196 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Devestation wrote:The biggest scumtell so far IMHO is Charter being of the opinion that bandwagons are protown. We've been over it and I don't have to explain why it is fail. I'm not going to lynch someone over their honest(?) opinion though, unlike what StrangerCoug has apparently tried to do. Scum points for him to BTW.
This is not making sense to me. If you think that the biggest scumtell is charter saying that bandwagons are pro-town and you "don't have to explain why it is fail", then 1.) why are you hesitant to vote him and 2.) why should I, in your mind, be scrutinized for pushing a charter lynch on it?

Unvote: charter
Vote: Devestation

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #200 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: You show ryan2754 as simultaneously voting Devestation and dramonic.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #204 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Devestation wrote:SC BOTH of your questions are answered in that post, please read harder.
You don't want to lynch a player for their honest opinion. Fine. You think I'm scummy for wanting to lynch a player for that honest opinion. Fine. Why, however, are you calling said opinion the biggest scumtell in the game? I'm not connecting the dots here.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #212 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Devestation wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Devestation wrote:SC BOTH of your questions are answered in that post, please read harder.
You don't want to lynch a player for their honest opinion. Fine. You think I'm scummy for wanting to lynch a player for that honest opinion. Fine. Why, however, are you calling said opinion the biggest scumtell in the game? I'm not connecting the dots here.
Possibly because I do not bother to call out my own scumtells? According to anyone thats posted in the last 72 hours or so, everyone else is clean. Unless of course, nobody is looking.
Oh come on. Nine pages and you don't have a better response than that?
Several connections have been proposed throughout the game: you and Scott Brosius, Snake and me, dramonic and me, charter and Konowa, etc. You have nothing to say to support or debunk any of those? Thanks for telling everybody you're not scumhunting. (I'm not saying that you have to give two people who you think are scumbuddies, but my point is there's a lot out there and you don't seem to care about commenting on any of it.)
dramonic wrote:Although from what I seen Jesters are kinda rare here, I don't think speculating on one is exactly a scum or town tell, it's pretty null IMO
I frown upon jester speculation in a normal, but I agree with you that it's null in the long run.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #214 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Prods? Status of anybody still with a prod out?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #218 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Devestation wrote:All those connections just turn into WIFOMs in my mind, but thats just the way I think.
Uhh... Suggesting that people are connected is not WIFOM. Yes, it's possible for only one of the pair to be scum, but the later in the game the more they help. I direct you to Mini 677, where a strong connection between BlakAdder and me developed—and on Day 1, too.
Devestation wrote:Nobody seems to have accepted my reason for not hunting, so I offer you none more.
Good, because not hunting is scummy.
Devestation wrote:Yes, you've completely outreasoned me. Yes, I skimp off other peoples scum-hunting and rarely put effort into it unless I've actually noticed something seriously odd, and when I voice the things I find seriously odd I get a few more votes on me.
Don't give up! As long as you're not lynched, you still have a chance. I get mislynched frequently, but I don't give up and let it happen—I fight back as hard as I can. While townies shouldn't put their lives first, they shouldn't put them last either.

I'd ask Devestation to claim or die, but I'm convinced he's scum, so I don't mind a hammer at this point.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #223 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:149- Stranger, I don't consider your post 9 to be mentioning Devastation at all. 14, maybe, but you mention him only in passing, and your opinion on him is weak. In 16 you don't say anything about Devastation either. Mentioning his name doesn't equate to giving your opinion on him.
I was talking to Devestation in my post #9. In it, I say that worrying about a jester is not indicative of scumminess, but paranoia, an opinion I would later support in #30. I had a weak opinion of Devestation in #14 because he honestly wasn't that high on my scumlist at the time, and in #16 I acknowledge that there is a case on him, however weak it was. Your complaint about me in your post #12 was that I didn't mention Devestation at all, name or otherwise, before my post #17, not that I wasn't giving opinions about him before that (neither of which are true, by the way):
charter wrote:
Stranger wrote:This is false. I've touched on the same Devestation-Scott Brosius connection that your posts imply to exist, and by saying I'm not fond of Konowa, I imply that I'm leaning scum on him. Me talking mostly about you ≠ me talking only about you.
No, as far as I can tell, the only time you've mentioned Devestation is your post 19 (which is after you made this post).

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #234 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm not quite buying dramonic as Devestation's scumbuddy just yet. charter's actually looking a bit better, and I do agree with him about some of the things about dramonic being on the scummy side (the one that sticks out is #227—not only don't I recall charter being a heavy pusher of the Dev wagon, the post reeks of a backtrack), but I think they're mostly independently scummy. The only real connection I see is dramonic subtly trying to defend Devestation by objecting to his wagon.
charter wrote:
Mod, do we have a dealine? If so, when?
He's already said the 27th. We have three days.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #238 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:StrangerCoug, why don't you think they could be scumbuddies? Who do you think is Devastation's scumbuddy/s?
I simply don't consider dramonic scummy enough to connect him to Devestation. I already implied that Scott Brosius might Devestation's buddy because the latter panicked over the number of votes the former had, but I've never put much stock in it. The four people I'm most suspicious of in decreasing order are Devestation, you, Konowa (whom I suspect to be connected to you), and dramonic.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #242 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:So the only thing you have for potential scumbuddies is the bit between Scott and Devestation in the very beginning?
charter wrote:Scumbuddies of Devestation that is. Not interested in other pairings/groupings you might have.
In terms of connections, not really since I don't recall Scott doing anything scummy of his own. I still think you're scum too, but for reasons that have nothing to do with Devestation's actions.
Konowa wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I simply don't consider dramonic scummy enough to connect him to Devestation. I already implied that Scott Brosius might Devestation's buddy because the latter panicked over the number of votes the former had, but I've never put much stock in it. The four people I'm most suspicious of in decreasing order are Devestation, you, Konowa (whom I suspect to be connected to you), and dramonic.
Implications and vague statements are scummy. Say what you mean. Town should not have to infer what you say.
I simply don't consider dramonic scummy enough to connect him to Devestation = While I think dramonic could be scum, other actions than his objections to the Devestation wagon make him scum to me.

I already implied that Scott Brosius might [be] Devestation's buddy because the latter panicked over the number of votes the former had, but I've never put much stock in it = Devestation being scummy for panicking over the votes on Scott Brosius makes sense, especially if the latter is scum, but I'm uncomfortable with a Scott lynch because, as I said above when talking to charter, he did nothing scummy of his own in my mind. (I wish he'd post soon, now that I think about it.)

The four people I'm most suspicious of in decreasing order are Devestation, you [charter], Konowa (whom I suspect to be connected to you [charter]), and dramonic = Devestation's logic of attacking me for pursuing what he says is the game's biggest scumtell fails; charter has misrepresented me; I have a gut scum read on you [actually you, Konowa, this time] for supporting charter's wagon stance, which I believe to be anti-town; and dramonic has backtracked on himself when questioned on the Devestation wagon being scum-driven. I believe craplogic to be scummier than misrepresentation; which in turn I believe to be scummier than buddying; which in turn I believe to be scummier than backtracking (though everyone is free to differ from me here).

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #244 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Devestation wrote:I'll claim if a majority of people want me to claim.
Claim please.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #260 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I agree that Devestation should not be counterclaimed (not until tomorrow, anyway, when we have a result). In fact, I'm refusing to claim either way, and that charter is responding to the claim by rolefishing is heavily noted.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #262 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:I think it's dumb to lynch an uncountered cop day one. Either everyone claims cop or not cop and we can lynch him if someone counters, or no one says anything on it and we lynch someone else and deal with Devestation on a later day if he's still around.
If we massclaim cop/not cop on Day 1, we get a counterclaim, and the faker gets lynched, the chances are very high that the real cop will get either killed on Night 1 or constantly roleblocked to prevent the receipt of innocent/guilty results on other players. You're clearly not thinking ahead.

Unvote: Devestation

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #273 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
charter wrote:I think it's dumb to lynch an uncountered cop day one. Either everyone claims cop or not cop and we can lynch him if someone counters, or no one says anything on it and we lynch someone else and deal with Devestation on a later day if he's still around.
If we massclaim cop/not cop on Day 1, we get a counterclaim, and the faker gets lynched, the chances are very high that the real cop will get either killed on Night 1 or constantly roleblocked to prevent the receipt of innocent/guilty results on other players. You're clearly not thinking ahead.

Unvote: Devestation
You're clearly not thinking at all. Why listen to me and unvote Devestation? You were fine with lynching an uncountered cop a few minutes ago, why did scumbag charter's words sway you so easily? I don't think we should lynch Devestation if we're not going to be countering today either, but you seem to just be following me, who you supposedly think is scum. Why?
You're rolefishing for either other cops or the real cop. Do you realize what a counterclaim is going to do at this point?
Sajin wrote:this is an anti deadline stance considering we have 48 hours.
I'm aware that it's harder to get a lynch by pulling my vote off the biggest wagon so close to deadline. I don't believe Devestation, but charter needs to be bashed for what he's doing. I'll switch my vote back if need be before deadline (probably before I have to leave tomorrow since deadline's when I'm at work).

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #275 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:
Sajin wrote:I may be a cop, I may not be.
Am I the only one who think this is strange? Sounds real weird to me. If you could explain this comment Sajin I'd very much appreciate it.
I don't see anything wrong with that statement. I interpreted Sajin as subtly doing what I did straight up—not claiming whether or not he is a cop. For his statement to be strange in my mind, then my own must be equally strange:
StrangerCoug wrote:I agree that Devestation should not be counterclaimed (not until tomorrow, anyway, when we have a result). In fact, I'm refusing to claim either way, and that charter is responding to the claim by rolefishing is heavily noted.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #279 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Prods? Status on prodded players? I don't remember the last time a few of these players have posted (Snake comes to mind).

Sorry if I asked already.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #301 (isolation #43) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:34 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

ryan2754 wrote:

Agree on everything here. In the long run, if a townie is lost early (which statistically happens more often than not) one can look later at how other's reacted/defended/attacked/buddied them, after their alignment is revealed. This information helps.
As I later clarified in my defense against this vote, my problem with what charter was doing is that he seemed to want a townie dead for much less reasoning than I was comfortable with.
ryan2754 wrote:Also, SC even admits to voting someone for their game theory.
...that I considered extremely anti-town.
ryan2754 wrote:SC answering for Sajin in 275 is noted, especially since dramonic specifically asked Sajin.
My response was to dramonic asking if the wording is strange to anyone but him, not why Sajin worded it the way he did. In most cases I would argue that the only person who knows definitively why they said it the way they did is who actually said it, but there may be clues as to the reason behind it (I'm all for getting people on a slip).

I'm not going to say that all this win condition talk is scummy since we can get confirmeds that way, but I am going to say that we should tread lightly here. In most cases paraphrases are OK (and it looks to me, therefore, like everybody else is), but modkills are the last thing I want.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #306 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charlatan wrote:Regardless of where you vote, we should all be moving towards a lynch of
someone
soon, I'd think, because there are a few good candidates and a no lynch isn't going to help us out.
I'd prefer either charter or Devestation as they're the two scummiest in my mind.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #322 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:Pretty sure the scumteam is charlatan, dramonic, Devestation.
To tell the town not to lynch a player you think is scum makes no sense.
Confirm vote.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #361 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

At the moment I believe Konowa more than Devestation, especially since my theory that the former was charter's scumbuddy is now invalid. I'm not going to inquire about Konowa's investigation more than he has given, but I want to know who Devestation investigated and why.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #367 (isolation #47) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Why charlatan, Dev?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #374 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:Also Konowa, I'm not sure I understand why you don't want to say who you investigated. I mean, the mafia already know who is town, so unless you're a rolecop and found a PR isn't not helping find the town people anti-town?
Minor FoS: dramonic.
I recently completed a game where a thief held off claiming a result and I asked why, and I was placed under scrutiny for that (most likely due to it being massclaim time). While I'd honestly like Konowa to tell us who he investigated before he dies, if there's some reason why he's not claiming his investigation target, then there's some reason why he's not claiming his investigation target. We can rule out his investigating Devestation, though.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #376 (isolation #49) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

He was waiting for everybody else to claim so scum couldn't fake based on the object stolen.

I do have a theory as to why Konowa's holding off claiming his target, but I'm not going to say what it is until he either dies or definitively tells us why (and, as I said, I'm not going to bother with him).

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #396 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

You know what, Devestation is clearly not helping us here with his question dodging and OMGUS, and I've stopped caring about why he picked charlatan to investigate.
Vote: Devestation.

Also,
mod: Note sig.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #419 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

My Milked Eek wrote:- he hit a townie that's still alive and wants to play his cards close to his chest (is this how you say this in English?)
Not a phrase I'm used to hearing, but I understand it in context. Can't translate for you, unfortunately (and this is from someone with an interest in foreign languages ><).
Devestation wrote:Continuing the charade is just irritating every time I log into the site and keeping me from thinking clearly.

Vote: Devestation

I know when I'm beaten, and that was a good week or two ago. All I want to know is how you turn something as small as an unvote at the end of an RVS into a lynch...
Nice giving up, scum.

And yes, if we have a doc, that person should protect Konowa, who in turn should claim our innocent player before tonight in case he doesn't live to see tomorrow.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #424 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charlatan wrote:I too feel I was a pretty shoddy investigation target, if indeed I was investigated by anyone. I'm thinking he just named me to try and get one of those attacking him on his side, and since I haven't been anyone's top suspect yet I might've seemed an easy person to falsely clear.
You're not suspicious to me, which is why I tried to get reasons out of Devestation as to why he investigated you.
charlatan wrote:Pretty quick. Most likely last night the scum decided that they did indeed need to bus Dev while the bussing's good, so on my next reread I'll be looking for players who hopped on board this bandwagon today that didn't give it much attention yesterday.
I beg to differ a tad here. I know what I am, but Devestation was not counterclaimed on Day 1, so the first thing that would probably have come to mind if I were his buddy is to prevent a wagon from forming on him. If a counterclaim occured and the basis behind his fake investigation were not solid, then I'd bus him as hard as possible.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #464 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm back, but have a lot of catch-up to do. I'll read what's gone on since the day started later.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #465 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:37 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:Currently, I don't have 2 real scum reads. Considering we have multiple lurkers onboard (Pim, SC)
I am
REALLY
not fond of being called a lurker while on V/LA. I understand that this is only my second post since the 5th, but the first time I checked this thread after that, Devestation was hammered but had not yet flipped. When I checked it again, he had flipped Mafia goon. This is the first time I've been on site at all in about two days, so I'm out of the loop with everything.
dramonic wrote:SC: Has shown a lot of town behaviour in my opinion. Nothing incriminating came to me when I read h(er/is) posts.
I am male, by the way.
dramonic wrote:Konowa: Err... Well, some of your posts are a bit odd, but you are uncountered cop. However if you keep investigating people who die I'll start doubting the existence of an actual cop in this game. (I have played a game in which there was no cop)
Wakey, wakey, dramonic. Konowa counterclaimed Devestation; the latter has been proven not to really be a cop. That you have played a game with no cop in it does not discredit Konowa's claim. Town cop has, in my experience, investigated someone who died the same night (Mini 714 and Mafia 91 are the two examples coming to immediate mind).

Vote: dramonic
mostly for attempting to discredit someone essentially confirmed, but your falsely accusing me of lurking is noted.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #476 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:This is rather strange. I am a town roleblocker and I targetted you night 1 Konowa, since I was unsure about you, yet you still got a read. Wouldn't 2 roleblockers in a single game be a bit much?

I blocked Sajin N2, btw.
Konowa wrote:I investigated Scott N1. He died, flipped town. Thus, I got an innocent result.

I investigated RBT N2. I received nothing.

There is a mafia-roleblocker.

Lynch please.
Both posts quoted so nobody accidentally skips past them. dramonic needs to die. In fact,
FoS: everybody unwilling to vote dramonic

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #483 (isolation #56) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Darn, dramonic, you're doing a good job digging your grave...

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #687 (isolation #57) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Why was I killed? I do realize that I'm getting better at Mafia, but I don't think
THAT
much better.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”