Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

You suspected me? :shock:
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #14=-

Hayker (4) - Faraday, MafiaMann, roflcopter, Lowell
Kublai Khan (4) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000, Namttam
VP Baltar (4) - Kise, Mastin, reveillark, Mufasa
Mastin (1) - Kublai Khan
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel
dvdkid13 (1) - Wickedestjr
MafiaMann (1) - VP Baltar

Not Voting (5) - Achilles, curiouskarmadog, dvdkid13, Redith, Hayker

11 to lynch.

-=SerialClergyman replaces reveillark=-

Fixed an error in the previous vote count (Mufasa was listed as voting VP Baltar AND not voting).
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:You suspected me? :shock:
Sarcasm i assume
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hello everyone.

SC replacing in. Re-reading now.

I am also only on one other game on site that is painfully inactive at the moment, so I replaced in to this one rather than write a small novel of rage at the other participants in the aforementioned game.

EXPECT POSTS FILLED WITH UNTOLD AND OUT OF PLACE EMOTION SOON :D
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

MM wrote:Your post seems to be a lot of defense of ckool as well
I see one point where I defend ckool, so please elaborate how I'm doing "a lot" of it. Also, please explain how this is scummy considering you don't know either of our alignments.
MM wrote:I was trying to find out how what peoples opinions were on the miller thing and if it was worth pursuing. If everyone agreed it was not going to change anything then I wasnt going to wast peoples time with speculation on it.
So we're in agreement that you were feeling out the town's feelings then. Good.
MM wrote:Um ive been over this a couple time I belive mastin may know somthing and he was hinting at it
So why are you not voting Mastin then? What town role would possibly have insight into the number of scum teams on day 1? Why do you describe it as hinting? He blatantly joked that there were two scum groups. Why do you think he was being serious in that post?
MM wrote:Im sorry but if hes stating somthing he believes is incorrect what is helpful about that?
Where did I say he was being helpful? I said you painted it as a lie when it clearly was not.
MM wrote:I dont find anything wrong with advising people on how to play things in future situations.
Even if you believe the advisor to be scum? I barely defended kcool in my big post and you're already wanting to paint us as a pair. I would think someone blatantly coaching would mean something more to you.
MM wrote:If you panic under pressure it leads someone to believe that they have a reason to be worried about a lynch.
I take it you've seen mislynches happen before. Did all of those persons go silently to their death or express no worry whatsoever?
ckool wrote:Townies, just like the mafia, don't really like when people take things the wrong way... In fact, it sort of seems like you're trying to make MM's statement seem weaker than it was!... or something...
No, that's not correct. Townies should jus tplay the game. Scum would be much more on edge about being "misinterpreted".
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Wow.. on one hand, Zaz's 12 consecutive 1-line posts make the pages fly by, but then Mastin comes back and suddenly I'm stuck again. I'm not a productive worker by any stretch of the imagination but I just cost my boss $150 and I haven't done any work nor gotten close to the pointy end of this thread.

I would nominate the title of Masin as 'zebra crossing' - the length doesn't bother me, but the insistence of quoting a line answering a line, quoting a line etc etc is giving me a contrast headache :D

Anyways, I am dilligently reading, expect content within some amount of time (roughly 24 hours, depending on how thick things are after page 10 or so).
I'm old now.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Ah, don''t worry SC. For some reason, Mastin later becomes more inactive.
And he''s getting already a title, as he''s stated in this game :D
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Namttam wrote:The JR wagon is useless when there is no JR. I was voting him to get him to talk more but with him gone there is no reason for this. I'm going to
Unvote. Vote: Kublai Khan.
KK responses to Zaz's questioning make's this an easy decision. Why would a resent PM clarify his role if he already had it?
Kublai Khan wrote:My Role PM says Emerald Miller. I assumed that if I was a death miller (or other miller variant), then iamausername would have told me. But if you insist, I'll double check with iamausername.
Kublai Khan wrote:
ZazieR (507) wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
ZazieR (417) wrote:Also, what did the mod say about your question you said you''d ask him?
He re-sent my role PM.
What question did you ask him?
I asked if he could clarify what kind of miller I was (i.e. do I turn up as scum upon death in addition to showing up scum in investigations).
The first quote shows that KK already had the PM, the second shows that the answer to the question(will I turn up as scum at death?) was already in the role PM. If this was true then there would have been no need to ask for more information.
<3 you
I hadn''t even thought of the last part.
And I just checked. Kublai indeed says this:
Kublai wrote:I'm a regular Emerald Miller. I show up as scum on Investigations, but will be revealed as town after death.
Lynch please.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by ZazieR »

curiouskarmadog wrote:good god this game is flying..I trying to get caught up to the now...not sure why people are voting the claimed miller..something must have happened to cause that.
See this and the above post. These should show that he''s obv fake-claiming and that''s why he''s getting votes.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by ZazieR »

ckool5000 wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: @ckool - Do you think it was not best for Khan to claim miller early in the game if he really was miller? What would you have done if you were miller?
*shrugs* I dunno. If I was miller, I would've looked up what to do, and since that's apparently claim early... well... yeah....

I mean, if Khan was town-ish, cops wouldn't really investigate him, but he's acting pretty scummy in some people's eyes... But they probably got interested at looking closer at his posts
because
he claimed, so I can't be too sure of anything right now...

Why are you asking me this question?
Then why are you voting him?
Ignore the ''R''
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Mastin »

I left off at page 15.
Mufasa wrote:Alright srry for the absense men I will get a good look at this game in the next day
Men?
We're not all the same gender, here. <_<

(Possible scumslip, though. The classic way for the leader of a group to address their group is to call them "men". Like, say, "the men I command are loyal to me". This would fit with a Mafia Godfather-type role.
It's a stretch, though. :/)
Hayker wrote:My opinion of Mastin seems to fluctuate every page or so.
Aka, "fence sitting".
He's doing a great job scum hunting,
While that's a matter of opinion, in my eyes,
Darn right I am. :P
yet his comments refering to his own meta and why he should be considered town, bother me.
My memory tells me that I've been saying my actions are null tells, not town tells, from my meta.
Mind pointing out where I said I should be considered town due to meta?
I can fully understand bringing information like that every now and then, but he seems to do it 2/3 posts.
It's brought up often. :roll:
Now considering that there is a high possibility(possibility, not fact) that there is a second mafia would make scumhunting as mafia a very good idea.(As opposed to fake scumhunting that normaly happens by mafia)
The flip of a specific type of mafia confirms almost 100% (like, 99%. The other 1% is the very rare specific type of mafia in a game, for whatever, but no other mafia) that there are two mafia factions.

And scum hunting as scum is ALWAYS a good idea, regardless of one or two or ten (It'd be hilarious to see ten in a single game. :P) mafia groups.
Also Mastin, you were bugging kublai about the flavour text in his role pm. The amount of possible information makes me curious, did you get a bunch of flavour information?
Rolefishing. I will not answer this question.
I should also bring up my original suspect, rofl. I still find his very instant, and non-changing suspiscion of mastin oddly suspiscious. I've never seen someone so sure so soon, when it is based off of total nonsense.
Eh, you'd be surprised at how some players can get on track so quickly. It's not a scum tell, but when they target on a pro-town player (like me), it's incredibly anti-town. (Anti-town != scum, people.)
His reasons are bad, his posts are sub-par. There is nothing I can bring up that wouldn't be repeating information. So with that in mind, I cast my first vote of the game(which means I'm very certain of something)

vote:Johnny Rotten
Humor me:
State your reasonings.
I know, even if it's all been said before.
State your case against Johnny.

There are many problems with this post...

1: First of all, being arrogant, ignorant, and tired in the morning isn't a scum tell. It's a tired-player-needs-to-rest-tell. (In other words, I buy the explanation.)

2: I am not seeing the supposed lie.

3: You're voting for someone you don't want lynched. THAT is a scum tell. You vote who you think is scum.
Not vote based off of Lynch-All-Liars.

Oh, wow, that long after only a page? Better post this to avoid a true Mastin-sized post. (Read: thirty pages in Microsoft Word. :P)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by ZazieR »

ckool5000 wrote:I just found something in a thread from another old game. Somebody (a mafia) was posting their mafia talk in the night and what was going through their heads during the day, and one of the things going through their head was:
"Don't pull a Kublai Khan and freak out about the fact that you're confirmed scum in the eyes of two players"

Erm... Don't some of you think for certain that he's scum?... And has he freaked out yet?.....
Link?
And if you mean with ''freaking out'' attacking the players who are attacking you with valid reasons, then yes, he''s freaking out.
But to answer this question, I need to see what happened in that game they were talking about.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by ZazieR »

VP wrote:Ok, first let me address the "miller" issue. Kublai claimed miller and there is nothing more to worry about here really. As rofl (I believe) said, it will sort itself out long before the game is over. Zazier, you're going way overboard to try and make him look scummy when he really hasn't done anything scummy. Miller vs. Death Miller is a stupid argument and he never really "lied" about anything. Time to get over it and move on.
Then show how this isn''t an obv fake-claim.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by ZazieR »

MM wrote:If you panic under pressure it leads someone to believe that they have a reason to be worried about a lynch.
And statements like these don''t give the impression that somebody is worried about their lynch:
I said it was pressure because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
I was trying to find out how what peoples opinions were on the miller thing and if it was worth pursuing. If everyone agreed it was not going to change anything then I wasnt going to wast peoples time with speculation on it.

I''m not sold with VP''s case, but this is one point I do agree with.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by ZazieR »

ckool5000 wrote:Wow VP. I've never really thought of MafiaMann as that suspicious until now...

FoS: MafiaMann
Reasons?
ckool5000 wrote:Well, actually, there's one thing I disagree on VP:
VP Baltar wrote:Another good point against MM comes in 509:
I said it was pressure because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
As Zazie pointed out, this is ridiculous. You shouldn't be worried about people taking it the wrong way or seeing you as scummy UNLESS YOU'RE SCUM.
But don't townies, just like how you said how townies can get frustrated too, also want to avoid being lynched? Unless it brings the town a lot of info or they're a hated townie or something, townies want to not look scummy, so that way people can focus on the people who's actually the probable scum. Townies, just like the mafia, don't really like when people take things the wrong way... In fact, it sort of seems like you're trying to make MM's statement seem weaker than it was!... or something...

But, yeah, whatever. You had lots of good points, and now that I think of it, I'm not 100% sure why I'm still voting for Kublai...
Town wins when all scum are caught even if you as townie are dead. Scum wins when they are alive at the end of the game.
This is why it''s scummy.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by ZazieR »

ckool5000 wrote:You suspected me? :shock:
Why the '':shock:''?
Ignore the ''R''
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Mastin »

ckool wrote:2. Because, it just pychologically does so. Don't ask me how.
Bad reasoning, but call me a sucker:
Due to my own psychological beliefs (that any truly pro-town player won't have a sudden turnaround on opinions on any person, without the influence of power roles), I buy the explanation.

---
The whole ckool-Hayker-FA-etc. interaction is worthy of looking at. I believe ckool is town (ckool comes off of the exchange looking like newbtown, but not scum), though. Hayker, not so positive on (Hayker is a large suspect of mine, in fact). Fallen Angel neither looks like town nor scum in that exchange, and Mafia comes out of it feeling just...wrong. (Call it gut if you will. It's grown on me. :))

I know a good eye doctor. They have miracle cures for bleeding eyes. :P
Curious wrote:right off the fucking bat, Mastin's spam is hard to read...too much....have a feeling that this is going to be a long read.
General warning to MS.net people who want to replace in:
Ask the mod for a link to the game, or track it down yourself. If you see the name "Mastin", either dead or alive, amongst the players, either expect a long read, or decline to replace back in. :P
FA wrote:Don't worry, Mastin lets up a bit later.
Yea. Been busy. A game of mine just ended, though, and I should have that much extra free time. ;)
Speaking of which, where is Mastin?
...I'm beginning to get uneased at FA's buddying to me.
Lots of players haven't posted at this point--
Why single me out?
Kise wrote:After a while, he himself begins to get caught up in quite a tangled web, where he's not sure if he's a death miller or an [emerald] miller. Add to that the uncertainty he has when answering Mastin's questions, and he gives off a huge scummy aura to me.
Hmm...
*checks last vote count*

If he's so scummy because of it, why are you voting Johnny at this point, Kise?
HoS: ckool (it's evident why)
1: Humor me. Clarify, just to make sure.

2: Am I correct in assuming that your suspicions on this page, seventeen, are Johnny (your vote), Khan, and ckool?
If not, why the vote/statement of Khan's scumminess/Hos?
And if so, then why'd Johnny earn the vote above the other two?
Zaz wrote:Wow, if I had known sooner what you meant with ''selective revisionism'', we could have had more votes on you already...
IRC roles don''t include flavour. Based upon the flavour you''ve claimed to have received, you should have known that you were a miller, instead of a death miller. So the ''parony'' you''ve claimed to have received from IRC is invalid.
Not only that, when you apparently didn''t know if you were a miller or a death miller, you didn''t ask the mod to make sure. Only after this was pointed out, you decided to ask.
Also, what did the mod say about your question you said you''d ask him?
<--Not an IRC guy.
Who here can confirm this?

If so, it is a good point.
I asked who you thought killed Konowa. You said that you think that the Cerulean mafia didn''t kill him. But for other killing roles, you didn''t know.
Yet, in the quote of which I accuse you slip, you''re stating that a vig did it without adding a word that can show a sign of possibility, aka ''can'', ''possibly'', etc.
Yet, you even considered that the third kill could have been from a third scum team. So for somebody who states that he doesn''t know, you''re very certain that a vig did it. And that''s only possible in one way as I''ve already said.
Yea...like I said, I'm not buying the explanation, either.
Mastin, how many times have you been policy lynched
Never. However, this has to be at least the fifth or so game where it has been suggested. One of the five, I was later lynched, but it was due to a, umm, different kind of policy lynch. (Role, not player)
or been in favor of a policy lynch
Favored a policy lynch?
Never. It is perhaps the most stupid thing in the world to do, policy lynching.
and in total how many players were involved?
Anywhere from as few as six to as many as fourteen, off of memory.
So why no vote?
Stop beating me to my points, Zaz! :(
Even if this is so, an elaboration would be appreciated.
...In the same post, even! :evil:

Posting for length. That's through 17. (...But I have up to 27?!? :shock: Oh, boy. I'm going to have some fun. :D)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Mastin wrote:Posting for length. That's through 17. (...But I have up to 27?!? :shock: Oh, boy. I'm going to have some fun. :D)
I''ll comment when you''re completely done.
Let me know when that is >.<
Ignore the ''R''
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:49 pm

ZazieR wrote:Ah, don''t worry SC. For some reason, Mastin later becomes more inactive.
He'd better, or I'll get my pay docked for the whole week! I just bought an apartment ><
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Mastin »

Zaz wrote:Then next time you should announce that you''ll be V/LA in all your games
Considering how many I'm dead in, much easier to just declare it in all of the threads. :P

Do we have a mind meld going on or something? <_<

Hey, I've learned to hold back!
...I just choose not to most of the time. :P
Curious wrote:whoa...note to self, reread post 219 after reading the whole game.
*checks*

Oh, right, Johnny's super-scummy post.

What makes that post, and that post alone, worthy of looking at after catching up?
Elaborate, please.
also (sorry if this is a repeat question)
No problem. My posts are seen as repetitive. :P
has it been meta-ed (confirmed?) that Mastin does this every game he is in?
Not every.
Only games where I start playing from the beginning. ;)

But, yea, for the most part, I do this in every game. Works well, doesn't it? :) (I've stated the reasons why my attitude I view as something that only helps the rest of the town. Gets discussion going, gets us out of the RVS, etc. There are other ways to do that, sure, but none of them are as much fun. ;))
so far you post style is fine...
I've always liked Zaz's post style. ;)
at least you break up the points
Hey! I break up the points as well! In fact, I break them up more than Zaz does! :P
and i can take it in parts...
Don't see why you can't already do this. My posts aren't that hard to read. They're just long and take a lot of time to read. ;)
.if I want to break up something M says (for quotes)..I am going to have to reread through the bullshit to refind what I want..
This is true of any player who contributes walls (or lots of shorter posts) if you do it in Isolation. Page-searching does it better. ;)
Zaz wrote:Yeah. I''ve seen it happen twice now.
Only twice? I could've sworn it was more than that. :/
And I think he did it in another ongoing game as well.
Have as much fun in the RVS as I did?
Hmm...
I think it's only three games, including this one.
(Regarding claiming scum)
Oh, that I've done far more often. It dates back to...hmm...

-Polygamist,
-Maybe 141, don't remember,
-At least four ongoing games.

Off the top of my head.
Post-style is always the same.
Nah, not always. Most of the time, yea, but not always.
Far wrote:I've only played 2 games on this site
Wow. Never would've guessed that few. ;)
Johnny wrote:Mod: It is with great regret that I request to have a replacement chosen for me in this game. Unforseen real life circumstances preclude me from continuing.
Unforseen my @*censored* (Johnny might have true real-life difficulties [not any sort of a tell; we all have issues]; I'm commenting on the actual wording). Every time I've seen a player word their replacement request in this way, they've been scum. <_<

(Want examples?)

That's eighteen.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by Mastin »

The Mod wrote:Not Voting (7) - Achilles, Lowell, curiouskarmadog, dvdkid13, Mastin, Mufasa, Redith
...Didn't I vote for Johnny, way back when? :/
-=Seeking a replacement for Johnny Rotten=-
And with that, we lose any hope of Johnny answering our concerns. :/

Don't forget.
I have a memory of seeing you in at least two games and getting replaced in both. <_<
Zaz wrote:(Kise, mention it, and I''ll put up an image for you *glare*)
:P
Lowell wrote:8- mastin selfvotes [-, grandstanding]
Obviously, you have not been paying attention to the fact that this has been confirmed as a complete null tell from me. I've self-voted ever since 763/762, my third/fourth/(and/or)fifth games. (I joined 762, 763, and 760 at all basically the same times. I forget the exact order, but they were four five and six.)

The proof is in my record. (Posting all of my games as of my last update, along with brief summaries of my view on them.)
* Lynch All Lurkers.

Again, I hate it when I'm scum (in an all-goon mafia team, no less, nearly mountainous minus the masons) and I go inactive. I had THOUGHT I was staying within the posting limit. Yea, I was wrong. I got lynched for it. I had considered claiming that doctors receive an extra bonus for lurking, like maybe my protection only has a 75% chance of going through, but lurking makes it 100, but decided against it. I messed up as mafia. Again. (I do that a lot, don't I? Now people think I have a lurk-as-scum meta. Sometimes, I'll lurk as town JUST to prove them wrong.)

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

Scum Quick Topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/NQPvq7JWX4fi

* Open 145--Polygamist Mafia.

Uhg. I hate it when I'm scum (basically, I was a four-man-all-mafia lover-mafia group) and I go inactive. I had done fine until I fell behind...and kept falling behind...and fell behind even more...it ended up eventually being too late. I had to recover from being AFK, but couldn't. Worse, MS.net broke for me around that time. It really, really sucked. I failed ekiM, AceMarksman, and ZazieR, players who I respect and who I know are good, and my overconfidence in my abilities and my activity level lead to my downfall. And by extent, our whole group.

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11397

Scum Quick Topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/mLyexE2Ew8y?m1=-1&mN=-1

* Open 141.

My low point in scum hunting. I was busy, did not have a lot of time on my hand, and ended up tunneling on the cop. It shows why falling behind is not a scum tell for me, and shows how I am not always in my game. THIS game managed to deflate my ego.

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11336

* Newbie 762.

I was the doctor. I replaced in the pre-game. This game was significant in many ways. First of all, along with 763, it was the first game where I demonstrated my self-voting technique. Second of all, it also is the first game which I lost. Along with 763, this game was also the first game where I got night-killed n1. It also again showed how pro-town I was; I was considered fairly pro-town and I also had managed to peg the mafia by the end of the game.

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10973

* Mini 760--Bleach Mafia.

I was a townie. (I replaced in around page fourteen) Well, mostly. Latent powers are awesome. Due to not knowing Albert's full playstyle, I thought he was scummy, and I am thinking this is what stopped me from early-on nailing all of the scum. But, hey, even though I thought he was scum at the time, and I was swayed into thinking GLaDOS was scum due to Gorrad's flip, I DID have two of the three scum down in what I consider my first true post of content.

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10857

* Newbie 763.

A townie. In this game, I thought I had nailed the scum on page one. Well, I was half-right, half-wrong. Both increasing and smashing my confidence. I got night-killed n1, something which is becoming rather my legacy (I suppose it was a blessing in disguise--I would've fallen behind again, likely, considering how I had fallen six pages behind once, it was a real risk). I'm disappointed that nothing deflated my ego significantly from that game--I have rather the large one. Albert helped lessen my ego somewhat, but it's still there, due to me having been half-right.

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10972

* Newbie 742.

The cop. This game felt like it was Deja vu of Newbie 735. I replaced in day one for a player who I don't remember the name of as the--as mentioned--cop (again), obviously with no results. This was a faster, more bloody game than 735 was, and while it mirrored many aspects of 735, I actually ended up completing my part in 742 before I did in 735. (Was shot) Town won, and the result made me wish I had stuck with my original thoughts, which nailed both scum day one.

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10609

* Newbie 735.

The cop. Now, in this game, I replaced in for deadline (ah, I wish deadline would've stayed--I mean, that name is just so hilarious it's a shame to have it wasted), day two--as mentioned--as the cop, finding that I had no results to give. It was a close game at first (the lack of result irked me), and only later ended up the way it did because of my play style and--ironically--lack of result. Town won when the scum were dealt the fatal blow in their coffin via my claim, which shocked them. I consider this my first true game.

Link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10445
That should help ya get a far better understanding of my playstyle. ;)
Lowell wrote:11- kublai votes mastin, claims MILLER [+, approve of this tactic]
I agree--if he is the miller, the claim was made at the correct time.
18- mastin claims jester
In the rvs. ;)
22- rofl votes mastin [+, needed]
Tunneling.

Also--
You say the vote was "needed"--
Does that mean you think I am scum,
Or are you saying you support a policy lynch of me?
166- zazie points out KK's vig-slip [-, mediocre]
You forget--
I did that as well.
SEVERAL players did, actually.
Because, perhaps, you didn't consider the fact that we all saw the same thing? Not only a slip, but perhaps even an inconsistency/hypocrite?
219- johnny votes mastin, calls him a detriment to the town [+]
You give Johnny pro-town points...for that post about POLICY LYNCHING a player?!?

(If you couldn't tell, I am disliking Lowell's opinions already.)
292- rofl wants to lynch mastin, fallen, hayker, maifamann [++, me too!]
Buddying...
336- emp votes KK [-]
I see severe buddying to Kublai Khan from Lowell thusfar.
Anyone else?
rofl- he's right in post 52, 59, and I especially approve of his list in 292. He gets points for being willing to say mastin's play is scummy as hell.
Gets points for pointing out a null tell, which has been CONFIRMED as such by other players? :/
mastin and friends- here's what bothers me about mastin's playstyle.
Yea, yea, you're bothered by my playstyle.
That's the news of the century. [/sarcasm]
Really, it works well for catching scum--why'd I ever need to change it?
Every two posts someone is there to quell any suspicion by saying "oh, he ALWAYS does that."
Which is proof of why it is a NULL TELL, and nothing to be suspicious of. Failure to realize this is scummy.
Well, if he always does that,
I do what I chose to do because it works wonders. ;)
and he's not helping town (he really isn't),
1: Explain to me how scum hunting isn't helping the rest of the town...

2: You referred to the town in the third person. Scumslip?
I don't know what I'm supposed to think other than scum.
Null tells are null tells. You either live with my style and get over it, or you ask to be replaced. My posts are long, but they get the job done; I scum hunt.
I have a nagging feeling that this is part of his plan,
You are saying, essentially, that you're worried my null tell is "some sort of plan"-->"Mastin's scum with a tactic".

As it is a null tell, this is not the case.
and I don't like that he seemed to enter with a lot of allies willing to get his back.
The fact that I have a lot of allies means that they can't all be scum.
Meaning that at least SOME pro-town players support me.
Meaning, that at least SOME of them legitimately believe what they say when they support me.

Meaning, that what they say is true, that this is a null tell, and that you're putting too much weight onto it.
I didn't record all the specific instances where everyone said stuff like "oh, well, that's mastin for ya' *eyeroll*" but the fact that they're there at all worries me.
The fact that so many players say it is proof that it's true. There's no way to paint them all as scum, now, is there?
As a policy I haven't read (nor will I) any of mastin's inane long posts.
Ignoring posts-->HUGE scum tell.
Not only that,
But if you haven't read my posts,
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF I HAVE BEEN HELPING THE TOWN OR NOT?
If anything of import happens in them, I'll rely on others to convey it.
Are you orangepenguin's alt, or something? <_<

Seriously, this is super-scummy. Don't rely on others to do your work.
Wicked wrote:Would lynching somebody for not playing the way they play when they are town fall into the category of a policy lynch?
No.

That's a Meta-lynch. (They're good, but far from effective. I'm a living example of this in some games, and I've mislynched someone who I thought I had a meta on, but really didn't. :/)
s iamausername the kind of mod that would include strange roles?
Eh, wouldn't know. I've seen him mod semi-open setups, but nothing more.
Is he the kind of mod that would try to screw with our minds?
That would be B-modding. Generally, mods are kind enough to mark their games as such. So I don't think so.

And so ends, Page Nineteen.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by Mastin »

Khan wrote:Splitting hairs.
I fail to comprehend this...
It sounds like you're choosing to have a narrow view on the situation.
I'm calling it as I see it--you claimed Miller, and then changed it to Emerald Miller.
Can you see the point?
Your accusation doesn't even make sense as a scum-tell
Yes it does.
Inconsistency is a scum tell.
You claimed miller. No specifics. Just Miller.
Then you claimed Emerald Miller, after you were called out for it.

There's an inconsistency, there.
Can you see it?
I sure can.
Are you being dense on purpose?
Never.
Do you honestly think I'll ignore scummy activity from you just because you say it's doesn't apply?
When given evidence to support that it doesn't apply, sure, I believe you should ignore "scummy activity" from me, because it's not scummy activity, but rather, just my natural play.
Do you not even realize how incredibly super-scummy it is to even ask me to do that?
There's nothing scummy in asking you to ignore supposedly scummy elements in my natural play.
You're so scum in this game, Mastin.
This is not a rejection of what I said.
I said, it has been made clear that I am not a normal player, and it stands to reason that scum tells don't apply to me in the normal way.

Your response?
The above, when the quote wasn't evidence of any kind, when you posted no kind of evidence, when you just throw out this accusation again with no further proof to back it up.
He re-sent my role PM.
I find that somewhat hard to believe...
If I was a non-vig killing role, then how would I know it was the vig and not the other killer?
Simple.
The Cerulean night-kill.
If you were a member of an anti-town killing force, you'd know your faction's kill.
Meaning that another killing faction would be responsible for another death,
And the Ceruleans were the third.
You were saying that it was a vig who killed the Cer--which makes sense if you made one of the other two night-kills, leaving the Ceruleans as having made the third.
And if I were the vig, then why would I claim miller?
You wouldn't. Hence, the logical conclusion is that if the slip holds water (meaning it was a slip), and you're not the vig, you're an anti-town role.
@curiouskarmadog (441): I can meta-confirm that Mastin makes huge walls-o-text in general.
Who can't? ;)
@Lowell (472): Hey! Welcome to the game. Good to play with you again. Why isn't Empking's Alt on your list of scummy players?
Ooh, ooh! Let me, let me!
He's probably too busy
defending his scumbuddy!
(That's you, Khan, from the vibe I was getting in that post. Serious defense of you, buddying up to many others...)
Achilles wrote:ckool is the scummiest to me atm.
Then, correct me if I am wrong, but...why no vote at this point in time on ckool, if ckool is the scummiest?
Hay wrote:Also, Mastin when you're on, in case you missed my question. Did you get a bunch of flavour information in your role?
Rolefishing is not tolerated well.
Also what do you people think of Johnny's sudden leaving at pressure on him?
It's scummy, to say the least, and scum do do it often. However, it's not a scum tell, because pro-town players do it just as often. :/

(This is an example of scummy != scum-tell.)

And so ends...Page twenty...
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Mastin »

Dang, Zaz, this is creeping me out. :P

:lol:

Someone needs to pay more attention. :P (It's hilarious, but I think it's worthy of attention--why'd you forget the FoS/HoS, Kise?)

<_<

Eh, the mod knows why I've been busy. As him if you really want to know.
Curious wrote:on page 11, had to stop at post 255..eyes are bleeding.
Oh, come on. Your title is Rant-related; surely, you'd know that most rants are walls of text on their own. I mean, when I ramble, it is LONG. So why the eye bleeding? :P
this has to be the most fustrating game to read (replace in) I have ever been in.
TRUST me:
There ARE worse.

(...All of which, I'm in, of course. :lol:)
also note to self: need to check again, who first brought up the suggestion of Death Miller.
I was amongst the first. All millers on EM are lynch-death-millers, yet show up as millers when night-killed.

The Anime that you manage to get your hands on, Zaz, seems simply stunning to me. :P
Kise wrote:Tell the truth. You're watching digimon.
<_< (Side-note: I did used to, years ago, watch the first, second, and third versions of the series. The first had a decent plot, which continued in the second. Making an unrelated third was a letdown for me, and while I somehow managed to stick through the increasingly lame plots, it lost my interest. :/)
Zaz wrote:Well, the rain only stopped you from posting for one day
It's Washington. It always rains. :P
I know that you play more with Kevin than with me
I play not with this "Kevin" figure you speak about so much. ;)

:P
So you asked the mod what kind of miller you are, and the mod sends you the same role PM, according to you? Makes a lot of sense
Dang it, Zaz, that's getting a bit annoying... :P

(Saying what I want to say before I actually say it.)
ckool wrote:ZazieR has been posting a majority of the posts on the last few pages, and she hasn't gotten a single fos or anything...
Because she's likely pro-town.

This was not what ckool was saying. Stop putting words in another's mouth.

End page 23. Catching up, yay! :)
(...And then, Zaz comes online. And I get ten pages behind again... :P)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Priceless re-read moment:
Mastin in 271 wrote:For sanity's sake, I'll be trimming down my post length for all of ya.
LAL please.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by Mastin »

Lowell wrote:The kublai thing is a sideshow.
This thing REEKS of scum, saying to divert their attention elsewhere.
"Hey, town! Kublai isn't that scummy; leave him alone! Let's go scum hunt elsewhere for a mislynch!"
Zazie has not convinced me why I should care what kind of miller KK might be.
This makes a HUGE difference.
Mufasa wrote:Hey guys i've been rereading the game, and I have agreed to jump on the Johnny Rotten wagon. vote Johnny Rotten

Also V/LA Wednesday till Friday
That's a fair bandwagon (as in, Johnny has been scummy), but no reasoning at all, and admitting to bandwagonning-->HUGE scum tells. :/

This is a blessing and a curse.

Have you SEEN VP play? I've seen him scum twice (...and thought he was town both times. :/), and he was nominated for best performance as scum.
He's difficult to metagame and pro-town regardless of alignment.

Meaning, good player, good insight,
But a player extremely hard to metagame.
(VP, do you have any TOWN games to link me to for contrast? :/)
VP wrote: I see I'm the leading wagon at the moment...
My, my, you seem to be paying attention well--

Why check the last page?
Kise can you just give me a bulletpoint list of suspicions against M. Rotten?
His name was Johnny Rotten. Not M. Rotten.
Possible scumslip? (M.-->Common abbreviation for Mafia.)

---
Rofl's drop in activity is concerning...
---
Mastin, if you spent less time in your posts jerking off to how great you think you are (cause that is what you are doing 70% of the time) perhaps you would be effective at scumhunting.
I am effective at scum hunting. I just do it differently than most. ;)
As it is, you're just spamming the thread with a lot of useless crap,
Explain how scum hunting is "useless junk". I'm scum hunting. Pointing out things I find suspicious, possible scumslips, etc.

I just do it in longer posts.
and what is useful scumhunting is buried somewhere in there.
A little bit of fluff never hurt anyone... ;)
I think out of the twelve pages I read, there was at most 5 pages of actual game being played and the rest was Mastin saying, "If the best of every player on the site was put together, that would be me!"
Blatant twist of my words:

What I said, essentially, ONCE:

"Wow, with all these people in this game showing traits that I have, if you combined them all, you might get me!"
As a joke, MARKED BY THE RAZZ SMILEY.

Not something I've said for the last twelve pages, VP.
Seriously, get over yourself and actually learn how to play the game.
Personal attack has been noted...
rofl's gut read minimalism is 10 times more effective than your spamming.
Buddying...
I don't believe you are even keeping what you're saying straight,
Accusation of inconsistency/hypocrisy with no evidence to back it up...
If this is your normal playstyle, then you need to change it because it's really annoying and not as pro-town as you seem to have led yourself to believe.
Let's see. I

-have fun.
-Get us out of the RVS.
-Scum hunt.
-Get discussion going.
-Get suspects such as you from reactions.
-And so on.

No, not changing it any time soon.
Sorry if the noobs who think it's cool get offended, but it's true.
MORE personal attacks...
Please begin dismantling your shrines post haste. [/venting over so much useless information]
Venting on me, when Zaz has posted fluff as well, just in a different way than I do.
What makes you ignore Zaz's fluff, and focus on mine, And result to personal attacks against me?
Hay wrote:Mastin sure takes a long time eating,
:lol:
Yea. At least eight hours per meal. :P
Khan wrote:Yeah, "active" is the under-statement of the century. Out of the 615 posts in this game so far, you've made 175. That's ~28% of the game. Keep in mind that you are only ~5% of the active game population. If that doesn't seriously suggest that you're trying to railroad the town's opinion against me (despite the fact that nobody really buying into your crap), then I don't know what does.

Fos: ZazieR
What I find interesting:
The fact that you've been in this fight with Zaz for pages...and only NOW FoS Zaz...for, of all things, being ACTIVE.

Here now. :)
Kise wrote:Mastin is tied up in my basement
Small basement. Need redecorating. :P

End page 25. ;)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”