PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

I would have waited until tomorrow before suggesting that hasd is actively baiting a nightkill, something useful might happen if the scum try to reach for the lowest hanging fruit.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:10 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

Knowing if a suicide bomber ends the day is relevant to a townie, so it makes sense to have asked about in on your other games. However, asking about night action priority would only be of interest to those with actual abilities. Heck, how the hell do you even know about priority, since if it was a common thing: then you wouldn't have had to ask about it here.

It's really quite an obvious softclaim, but you have skilfully led the town to believe otherwise. You have gained the attention of the mafia, and have set yourself for a kill. I'm sure someone as experienced as you wouldn't have maid such a careless mistake, therefore I have to conclude that you wanted to die.

And you probably would have, had less attention been brought to your plan.

Death Miller?
Jester?
Unkillable?
Guy with a Gun?

That's where I have you for now, but I would still gut you on the end game, as bread-crumbing is scummy. There, I've explained myself.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

You've just softclaimed - and softclaiming on the first day, where the mafia can't isolate roles just yet, is just begging for a kill. Thus, you are low hanging fruit.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:16 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

What I want to know is: why would you orchestrate something like this?
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

1.) Trying to place yourself in the mafia's shoes is what every townie should aspire to do. Trying to look as town as possible though, is bordering on the mafia mindset. If I was mafia then that would be what I would do; I find it strange that you would look at even trying to predict mafia actions as scummy. Bad logic indeed, image.

2.)
- Having a death miller lynched would contaminate the town's information. It's so much better for them to go at night.

- The softclaim is obvious, yes, but it looks like a slip. Something the scum might fall for.

- There are obviously exceptions, and we aren't even on the endgame yet. I just wanted to point out, that on the event that I die, either by lynch or nightkill. If he claims and backs on his breadcrumbed on the endgame, then he is probably scum.

-=-=-
Really, you are making points against me, points that have led to a vote, out of thin air. This really isn't 'content'.

-=--

I already said that I like knowing the rules. How is that so hard to believe?
Once again, its the fact that the question was so public that raised attention.
Do I need to know what happens when the suicide bomber uses his ability? No
Do I need to know the minimum deadline time? No
Do I need to know how night action priority works? No
You need to know about the deadline. It makes lurking even more unforgivable, giving you a good reason to hunt them down. It might also be for the best to jump on a wagon to get someone lynched, for being slightly scummy, rather than passing of a no lynch.

Priority is unimportant to the vanilla townie at this point, there have been no claims. A regular townie would not concern himself with such matters at that point. Don't try to mask your claim as concern by mixing it along things that are obviously important.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

Also, FoS: Empking for posting no content
It seems like you yourself are shooting off accusations to keep the lurker censors off your back.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:39 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

So looking town is scummy, and looking scummy is town? Wow.
Acting scummy is indeed, scummy.
Presenting a likely guess on what the scum would do isn't always scummy. However, he acted like it is, without additional information.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:40 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

Empking wrote:
That doesn't mean you can get away with not giving reasons.
Pot...kettle...black...
Err... charcoal calling the pot who is calling the....
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

Not lurking exactly but his points are totally ridiculous that he might as well be. I'll post most later, I'm a bit busy right now.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

Sotty7 wrote:Pretty clear. He didn't answer my question and he is accusing other players of not posting content when he seems just as guilty of that himself. He also tried to accuse Imagine of lurking right after he had posted.

Basically I am trying to use my vote to engage him and judge him better. I'm not completely sold on the pesco case, FL answered my question and Juls is back so PaperPenguin is my pick for now. Better than my random vote on VP.
Let's see now.
- I reinforced the idea of that roleclaim early on, and suggested the mafia's possible response
- "Oh, for even openly suggesting that you are thinking like the mafia, then you must be" Had i actually "slipped" then this might actually be worth something. Maybe. But as it is, it is an argument out of thing air. Plenty of visibility but with little meaning. Lurking in plain sight.
- Someone just took at a chainsaw to defend imagine.

I'll look for the question you say I ignored later on, but for now, yeah bye.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by PaperPenguin »

Sorry for chaining posts.
Vote: image

It might be omgus, but I wouldn't know. My reasons are at top ---^
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:22 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

I felt that I've made an omgus at that point because I was honestly getting irritated by his attacks, perhaps I should take a microscope to my posts next time, however my vote was certainly not without reason.

- I pointed out that his posts really meant quite nothing, it is backed up by his current lack of follow up. He was lurking in plain sight.

This was followed by this tasty tidbit.
He also tried to accuse Imagine of lurking right after he had posted.
Chainsaw defense, that's how this could possibly be percieved as a reason against me. There is kinship between scotty and Image.

-=-=-=-=-

I never said that a townie should deliberately act scummy, but rather a townie should be more open to taking risks and speaking his mind.

-=-=-=-=-

I keep my vote, however, and I shall warn you all now, that since we are so close to the deadline then my vote shall go to the one nearest to death right before the battery runs out. For the sake of self preservation. I am town, I know that any other death might be scum, but not my death.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oh, and I am a miller, not that it matters at this point.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:23 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

If I've missed any queries directed towards me, then please post them directly after this. I must apologize for my current streak of laziness when it comes to reading posts, that's all I can do for now.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:37 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

Why would you not claim this immediately at the start of the game?
I originally planned to reveal at twilight, but given that I might miss that, I'm revealing right now. I didn't want to reveal at the very beginning to allow multiple threads of meaningful discussion; I wanted to avoid being the sole focus of all discussion.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:39 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

You can't claim this if we have not alignment flips.
Why not? Is it so bad to point out that two people seem to be working together?
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:51 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

Discounting: "Because he said image was lurking", as a valid reason?
He is obviously either kissing up, or blindly defending. Having a flip or not is irrelevant to this point. Oh and what exactly am I discounting?
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:45 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

I believe I have answered scotty on all points brought up to my alleged scuminess. The answers were obvious, and therefore, I said his long post was an act of lurking in plain sight. Posting fluff he probably knows is easily refuted just to get some words out. I did not accuse him of lurking in the traditional sense, please don't make it look as if I did.

If any of my answers are unclear then please just ask away, I have nothing to hide. Make sure to ask a question, especially if you've voted for me.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:46 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

I meant image, and not scotty by the way.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:48 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

I did not try to discard his entire post, by just calling him a lurker, I have out good reasons - contrary to your portrayal of me. I think I did. If I didn't then just say so... I'm off to bed
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:50 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

My grammar is horrible, and I'm having post combos. Ugh

"I did not try to discard his entire post, by just calling him a lurker, I gave out good reasons - contrary to your portrayal of me. I think I did. If I didn't then just say so... I'm off to bed "
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:40 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

Your behavior hasn't been townie, which is mostly how I judge the validity of a claim.
Make it easier for me and bring up concrete examples of my scuminess, so that you know, I might actually give my answers out.
PP, can you give us your flavor now.
Backstreet Boys

Another point I think that may be valid against PP is that he seems to know a fair amount of things about this game despite his really recent join date. This could be the result of a N0 talk with scumbuddies. Then again, it could be the result of research (but IMO,
he doesn't look like a research kind of guy
)
Brilliant point there. I must be scummy. Forget the fact that you can read the wiki in five minuites :roll:
Why would he know about OMGUS, but not understand OMGUS?
"This guy is really getting on my nervers, so i'm going to try extra hard to gather dirt on him. ~present gathered dirt~ hey it looks valid, it might not be omgus.

What am I not understanding exactly?
PaperPenguin, there are two ways that I've seen to play Miller: claim in your first post and proceed as Vanilla or draw the NK. You have done neither, and considering that what you have done so far is scummy, I highly doubt that my vote will change Today.
Your great authority on miller play is meaningless to me right now, maybe next game, but really. If your vote rests purely on a logical error, heck it might not even be an error (this is largely debatable), rather than an error of intetion, then you really should dig a bit more before hopping on the bandwagon.

Rather than say: You've been acting scummy, so I'm gonna vote now. Tell me how I have been acting scummy.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:43 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

Look into forbiddan's long blank post tommorow, on the event that I die.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

It might be omgus, but I wouldn't know. My reasons are at top ---^
I believed that it was not an omgus, though since I really was angry at that point, I surrendered that it might have been (without me noticing).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”