Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Furry »

Slicey wrote:Look, scum
generally
don't make posts like that. However, she has done other scummy things as I've listed. I still think there's a chance she's still scum, I'm just not as sure now.
Maybe bad scum. I can point you to one hell of a lot of posts that are big and have lots of analysis and are from scum.
Temporary unretired alt
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Slicey »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Slicey wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
Slicey wrote:
Brandi wrote:I'm at a friends house right now but, I decided to check in briefly on their computer. I have noticed that Brain is still failing to read properly. I don't attack "anyone who looks at me funny." I attack whoever is scummy. I've been clearly very supportive of one wagon, for the sheer fact that no one is even HALF as scummy as inHim.
Isn't it a coincidence that everyone who has attacked you looks scummy to you?
HMMMMMMMM...

Slicey looking worse by not moving the vote.

vote: Slicey

Brandi picked quite an inopportune time to write 24 pages and have me respond to it.
Pay attention, I already said that in my larger post, now I'm just reiterating it. >_>
The fact you keep bringing it up and not moving over there is what I'm getting at with my vote.

I'm going to take a dip in the pool - after that I'll try and tackle the rest of the monster.

This deadline is cramping me.
The things you have said and done are scummier than the things Brandi has done.
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

Votecount

6 inHimshallibe
(Brandi, veerus, Fishythefish, hp [leaves], Slicey, Gorrad)
4 Slicey
(Maturin24, Tzeentch, Furry, inHimshallibe)
1 Brandi
(BrianMcQueso)
1 Gorrad
(Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not voting:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Slicey »

Brian: Do you still believe Brandi is the best lynch? If not, whose lynch do you like more, mine or InHim's?

DDD, do you plan on changing your vote anytime soon? Deadline is tomorrow, and it looks like either me or InHim are going to be lynched, and your vote is on neither of us.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by veerus »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Of the top three vote getters inHim is highest on my list, with Slicey not far behind and Brandi pretty low down the list and while I won't have computer access for the rest of the night I will read anything inHim writes tomorrow before making any decision.
Slicey wrote:DDD, do you plan on changing your vote anytime soon? Deadline is tomorrow, and it looks like either me or InHim are going to be lynched, and your vote is on neither of us.
Slicey, are you reading or just posting?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Slicey »

gah, didn't see DDD's last post. >_>
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm curious as to who the town will seek to run up on Day 2, in the case that I am indeed lynched and then turn up town.

I'll try and get the rest of that response before I go to sleep tonight.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Haven't posted for a while. Nothing really to add. I'm happy with my vote.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh; one thing. We need the usual majority for a deadline lynch. Don't let a no lynch happen.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:20 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Anyone below this post who doesn't have his vote on inHim and doesn't hammer will be lynched tomorrow.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

... and I fell asleep while typing the damned thing.

Ok, I'll claim, but it won't help, and wouldn't expect it to.

Mrs. Cox, Roleblocker.

lol, that looks like the worst claim ever,
if I were a bad guy.

Right now, my thoughts on who to lynch tomorrow:

I'd look to those who blew the way I was playing in the beginning way out of proportion. I said I would cut out the recklessness,
and I did
, and still people rallied around those initial points.

Also, DDD and Gorrad for making accusations and not backing them up with votes.
-------------------------------------------
It doesn't look like I'll have the time to respond to all of that. I never really wanted to in the first place. Brandi deserves an 'A' in the convincing people to vote department, through emphasis of things that aren't really important.

I'll try right now.

I never changed my reasoning for voting people. Like my very first vote on Furry - I didn't like the
way
he unvoted, and then further explained I thought he was explaining too much in that unvote. That's not changing my reasoning.
Brandi wrote:Translation: IN MY DAY, WE DIDN'T PLAY MAFIA, WE PLAYED "LYNCH RANDOM PEOPLE UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER" Seriously, not only is this a flawed 'method of play' for the town, but I don't even see how those with SCUM ROLES would be happy with playing the game if the town didn't even TRY.

Next, inhim votes DDD, for making valid points against him. ;P
Does anyone else not see how much spin she put into her post? I clearly said that I did
not
use wagons for their lynching purposes
only.
I wrote:It kind of perplexes me that most of you all are focusing on intent to lynch rather than using bandwagons as an instrument of the game.
That point about my vote of DDD is more spin - notice how she takes certain pieces of my Day rather than my play as a whole to provide this case against me.
Brandi wrote:Yes, it is true, voting for players to put
PRESSURE
on them is good. But that is NOT what inhim had been doing. He wanted to bandwagon ANYONE at all whether they were SCUMMY OR NOT, just WHOEVER HAD THE MOST VOTES. He just wanted to lynch someone, anyone, with as little information as possible. That is NOT good for the game at all.
Once again, not at all close to what I have expressed as my intentions within
any
game I play here at 'scum.
Brandi wrote:BS. NOWHERE, Not ONCE at the point in which the 4 person scum group was being debated did inhim even post his THOUGHTS on the matter. Post subject: 48, all inHim did was vote for him and said he liked his bandwagon better. That doesn't look like him "AGREEING" to ANYTHING.
But it does to me; voting someone that other players vote very much means you agree with them. You have a point that I added reasoning after the fact - I have no way to prove that I was thinking this when I hopped on the wagon, except the fact that I hopped on the wagon.
Brandi wrote:Now first of all, Slicey wasn't STATING anything, he was asking a QUESTION. "Thats not what he said, its what he meant!" Also is a very odd reason to vote someone. But again, inHIM did say that, blatantly, MULTIPLE TIMES.
I don't know what to make of this blatant defense of Slicey. Ugh, let me find the context for this.
Slicey wrote:You're saying we should lynch players based on who has the most amount of votes, not based on how scummy they are?
Once again, Slicey has my intent on bandwagoning wrong. Tzeentch read me correctly, Slicey did not. Slicey was using this question as an attack, as Brandi completely missed/blew over/didn't want to admit.
Brandi wrote:[He has a habit of disregarding anything someone says against him that makes LOGICAL SENSE as someone having a bad attitude.]
No. I don't even have the energy to do this anymore. This is more of the same spin from Brandi.

Next, if I understood any of these fallacies I'd try and make a more reasonable response against them. As to the Relativist Fallacy, I honestly don't see it's application to Brandi's argument, as she constantly adds words to my posts.
Brandi wrote:
inhim wrote:I'm trying to generate a lot of possible information with many bandwagons.
a complete opposite of:
inhim wrote:That's just more garbage to wade through on a reread, and doesn't help anyone, as far as I'm concerned.
Before he said that he didn't care about gathering information, he said that it was too much trouble/effort. Now, he's saying the point is to gather information. Which, if I hadn't said it enough already: Bandwagonning, with no reason behind it, and killing off a possible townie, just because you want a QUICK LYNCH gives little to no information to be brought out.
My head is going to explode. I can't believe someone is purposefully being this dense.

No, what I said is that I didn't want to create garbage, ie. useless posts, "to wade through." Nowhere did I say I was against information. I don't want a quick lynch, for the umpteenth time.

I'd like to note the Word file I have Brandi's quote and my response is "response to brandi oh lord in heaven how long does this have to be".
Brandi wrote:Second of all, If you notice, every time I make a valid point he just says "lol."

Not only is that flippant, it shows he has nothing to argue with, or any way to back up what he has said. He thinks that if he treats my points like they are 'funny' then he wont have them brought up again. Guess he was wrong.
With the "lol" posts, I was merely relating many other experiences where people were lynched without cases, and was trying to convey how naive Brandi was if she thought all lynches have cases. As to being overdramatic, I'm still responding with "lol".
He thinks that if he treats my points like they are 'funny' then he wont have them brought up again. Guess he was wrong.
You just
don't
read me correctly, OR you just read me how you want to and not how things are.

There might be more to come, later.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:50 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

inHimshallibe wrote:
if I were a bad guy.
Can someone vote already?
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Tzeentch »

Gaah. Sorry all, there's been a crackdown on net use at work so I've barely been able to post.
hp [leaves] wrote:Anyone below this post who doesn't have his vote on inHim and doesn't hammer will be lynched tomorrow.
Threatening people for having a different opinion to you, and saying so, is not good.

But the deadline is looming, and we don't want a no-lynch. inHim is not at the top of my scumdar at the moment (I find Slicey more scummy even now), but he's still a much better lynch than none at all, and on the brief readthrough I've made he's a perfectly reasonable choice.

And the claim certainly doesn't help.

Vote: inHimshallibe
Some people might remember me as Aelyn...

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11966]SSBB Mafia[/url]
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Brandi »

Slicey wrote:
Brandi wrote:I'm at a friends house right now but, I decided to check in briefly on their computer. I have noticed that Brain is still failing to read properly. I don't attack "anyone who looks at me funny." I attack whoever is scummy. I've been clearly very supportive of one wagon, for the sheer fact that no one is even HALF as scummy as inHim.
Isn't it a coincidence that everyone who has attacked you looks scummy to you?
Not everyone who has attacked me looks scummy. I noted you were more anti-town than scummy, and I noted that BRIAN doesnt READ. =P But you're saying things that just aren't true.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Brandi »

heh, haven't read everything page 10 yet. Well guess we have a lynch. =P Hope to see more from you tomorrow Tzeentch.
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Tzeentch »

Whoops, just got a reminder from our friendly Mod.

Unvote, vote: inHimshallibe

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

My Ball-and-Chain

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, I do know how much inHimshallibe hated it when I called him Mrs. Cox, because not only did the name “Cox” remind him of the bond of unholy matrimony that existed between us, but the “Mrs.” also reminded everyone in earshot that despite spending the equivalent of the economies of Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Guinea, Equitorial Guinea, and Burkina Faso on allegedly age-defying Botox treatments, he was an *old* married-then-divorced-then-whatever-we-were-then hag. Each night, he'd whine to me by PM about a player, and I’d ignore any nightaction they sent to me just to get him to shut up and go away.

So let me say, that for managing to rid me of that vain shrill egotistic harpy I somehow married, I owe you all a utterly sarcastic, “well done, team!” that I’m going to immediately confirm as being utter sarcasm by explaining how now the only thing dragging me back is the iron weight of your collective incompetence. Because, after watching you twiddle your thumbs around in such tight little pirouettes that I could see the miniature pink tutus on them, you ran out of time and scrambled to get a last-minute diagnosis, which, unsurprisingly, could not be more wrong.

inHimshallibe (
Jordan Sullivan
, Roleblocker
) was a member of
Sacred Heart

Day 1 Final Votecount

7 inHimshallibe
(Brandi, veerus, Fishythefish, hp [leaves], Slicey, Gorrad, Tzeentch)
3 Slicey
(Maturin24, Furry, inHimshallibe)
1 Brandi
(BrianMcQueso)
1 Gorrad
(Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not voting
:

(It is Night 1. Lindisfarne replaces Maturin24.)
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 am

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

My Girls’ Night Out

What? Oh, sorry, I must have forgotten to set my alarm clock to wake me after I dozed off on that leeoooooooooong night shift I had to serve with Debonair Danny DiPietro. Who is a <snore>. Oh, I’m sorry. I fell asleep again because he is so <snore> boring, that simply thinking about telling you how boring he is caused my brain to reflexively switch itself off in a desperate attempt to not have to listen to him, about him, or nearby him and all him-like things. He was way-hay-ay-hay-ay too boring to have any <snore> night abilities <snore>.

But to finish our rounds, let’s have Slicey update us on what exciting breakthroughs we’ve had since yesterday in the field of dilly-dallying-over-patient-care-until-they-die, except he’s actually *not* a Nurse and put down that clipboard. And, okay, let’s try this again, without his threats of imminent violence:

No, Slicey, you’re not a Nurse, but that’s because the Nurse ability doesn’t exist in this game. Why don’t you grumble about it under your breath later instead of taking it up with someone. Oh wait. You’re dead. Well, good then.

All of you who stuck with Slicey yesterday give yourselves a big ol’ pat on the back, because you were just as wrong as all of your colleagues who opted for inHimshallibe.

Debonair Danny DiPietro (
Elliot Reid
, Vanilla
) was a member of
Sacred Heart
Slicey (
Laverne Roberts
, Vanilla
) was a member of
Sacred Heart

(It is Day 2.)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Bah :(
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:41 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Great write-ups. :thumbsup:

Bah. :)
Show

:

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Slicey »

bah. go town!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Furry »

First I think I get an "I told you so" on inhim being town. Trust the town reads, that wagon was weak, weakity weak weak.

Willing to bet slicey was a vig kill though, DDD death is a bit surprising however.

Prob going to vote Tzee for that shifty hammer. That was one of those scenarios where a no lynch was the best move.
Temporary unretired alt
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Furry wrote:Willing to bet slicey was a vig kill though
I agree.
Furry wrote:That was one of those scenarios where a no lynch was the best move.
I disagree. Except in retrospect, obviously. A lynch is almost always better than a no lynch.

This game needs a reread with the new information. I'll do that as soon as I can.
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Tzeentch »

Furry wrote:First I think I get an "I told you so" on inhim being town. Trust the town reads, that wagon was weak, weakity weak weak.

Willing to bet slicey was a vig kill though, DDD death is a bit surprising however.

Prob going to vote Tzee for that shifty hammer. That was one of those scenarios where a no lynch was the best move.
Really? I didn't have inHim at the top of my scumdar, but he wasn't exactly the most innocent person either. And frankly, the lynch is all we (reliably) have - if we're too hesitant to use it unless we
know
people to be scum, we'll be paralyzed with fear and easy pickings.

It's better to have a lynch with a 50-60% chance of success than no lynch. And yes, it didn't pay off, but it was a gamble I was willing to take.

On the other hand, I am interested by hp's ultimatum. Discouraging discussion is not a good thing - and you effectively pressured those who didn't find inHim as scummy as yourself to not post in his defence. Even as a "final thought for the day" sort of thing.

Re-reading is now required, back later.

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:20 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Furry wrote:Prob going to vote Tzee for that shifty hammer. That was one of those scenarios where a no lynch was the best move.
Hey guys I have found scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”