hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:47 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

inHimshallibe wrote:
I apologize to the players and mod in this game for my absence - I'll post on Saturday.
I'm sure he could post some stuff before posting this.

While InHim is absent, let's vote Slicey!

Unvote, Vote Slicey
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

Votecount

4 Slicey
(Maturin24, Tzeentch, Furry, hp [leaves])
3 Brandi
(Slicey, BrianMcQueso, inHimshallibe)
3 inHimshallibe
(Brandi, veerus, Fishythefish)
1 Gorrad
(Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not voting: Gorrad
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:22 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Saturday has paseed and nothing from inHim.

Unvote, Vote InHim
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:44 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

hp [leaves] wrote:Saturday has paseed and nothing from inHim.

Unvote, Vote InHim
You're absolutely right, and I deserve to be voted for it.

I
am
making that post now.

I won't go down without the fight.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Slicey »

Still here, rereading. I just read Brandi's gigantic post, and I really like it. I was excusing InHim's scumminess, saying that it was just his playstyle, thus why I said I had a neutral read on him. However, Brandi is right. He has contradicted himself multiple times, giving different reasons for why he was voting people, as Brandi pointed out. For example, he originally voted Furry in the early stages of the game because Furry didn't want to keep his random vote on someone because it was the 3rd vote. Then he changed his reasoning to that Furry was "verbose." He did this a lot throughout the game, constantly changing his opinion on whether random bandwagons are good or not (hint: he thinks it is). He says he won't "recklessly bandwagon" and a couple posts later votes Brandi even though he finds DDD scummier. His playstyle has been incredibly scummy all game. Reckless bandwagoning, hope for quicklynches, downplaying everyone's points against him etc. Eventually, you have to draw the line between "it's his playstyle" and "this person is playing scummy, high chance he's scum."

My opinion on Brandi is that she looks a lot more town after that gigantic post. I don't think scum would take the time to make such a huge post. However, I still think she's pretty scummy, for: calling people most likely town on P1 (and you downplayed it in your big post), actually considering lynching hp leaves for making a joke about a 4 person scumteam (this was mostly your wording. Town would not be thinking about lynching or not lynching someone on Page 2. They would be thinking about voting that person.) A final reason is that you only seem to worry about things that concern you. For example, you said very little in your big post about the posts between DDD and Furry, other than it happened. FTR, I think DDD was right in that posts don't go into two categories: town or scum.

However, I find DDD a little scummy for saying that InHim was scummy, but never placing a vote on him.

Furry, my post was not a strawman, it was a misunderstanding. I thought he meant something else than he actually said (Granted, I was kinda right about him.) I felt at the time that that point was more damning than the points I made against Brandi, which is why I didn't originally vote for her. I realized I was wrong, and thus just kept my vote on Brandi.

I am about 99% sure that their is one scum between Brandi and InHim. I'm almost positive that this is not an argument between two townies. I think InHim is more likely scum.

Unvote, Vote: InHim
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Furry »

Slicey wrote:My opinion on Brandi is that she looks a lot more town after that gigantic post. I don't think scum would take the time to make such a huge post. However, I still think she's pretty scummy, for: calling people most likely town on P1 (and you downplayed it in your big post), actually considering lynching hp leaves for making a joke about a 4 person scumteam (this was mostly your wording. Town would not be thinking about lynching or not lynching someone on Page 2. They would be thinking about voting that person.) A final reason is that you only seem to worry about things that concern you. For example, you said very little in your big post about the posts between DDD and Furry, other than it happened.
Oh come on now can we lynch Slicey? Look, he says Brandi is town because scum wouldnt be proactive (its actually best for scum to take over a game if no one else is taking the leader role). So there is logical fallicy number one. Now you go on to say Brandi is still scummy, so there goes that read shot to hell. Basically you got a whole paragraph that boils down to

"Brandi is townish for that big post, but not too townish, lets not start calling her town or anything too. She did these things that are scummy remember?"
Temporary unretired alt
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Slicey »

Furry wrote:
Slicey wrote:My opinion on Brandi is that she looks a lot more town after that gigantic post. I don't think scum would take the time to make such a huge post. However, I still think she's pretty scummy, for: calling people most likely town on P1 (and you downplayed it in your big post), actually considering lynching hp leaves for making a joke about a 4 person scumteam (this was mostly your wording. Town would not be thinking about lynching or not lynching someone on Page 2. They would be thinking about voting that person.) A final reason is that you only seem to worry about things that concern you. For example, you said very little in your big post about the posts between DDD and Furry, other than it happened.
Oh come on now can we lynch Slicey? Look, he says Brandi is town because scum wouldnt be proactive (its actually best for scum to take over a game if no one else is taking the leader role). So there is logical fallicy number one. Now you go on to say Brandi is still scummy, so there goes that read shot to hell. Basically you got a whole paragraph that boils down to

"Brandi is townish for that big post, but not too townish, lets not start calling her town or anything too. She did these things that are scummy remember?"
Opinions can change. Brandi was my number one suspect. Now it's InHim. Brandi is now my number 2 suspect (unless InHim flips scum, in which case she's most likely town.)

Look, scum
generally
don't make posts like that. However, she has done other scummy things as I've listed. I still think there's a chance she's still scum, I'm just not as sure now.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Slicey »

My stance on Brandi is heavily determined by InHim's alignment. If he is lynched and flips scum, I'd say there's a great chance she's town and vice versa. That's why I think one of them should be lynched today, preferably InHim, and I've already said why I want him lynched. I would have no problem lynching Brandi either, however her flip would not confirm InHim's alignment in my eyes, if you understand what I mean. >_>
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Part 1 of my response is coming up. I'll finish the rest later - have to be out of the house for a bit.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Slicey wrote:My stance on Brandi is heavily determined by InHim's alignment. If he is lynched and flips scum, I'd say there's a great chance she's town and vice versa. That's why I think one of them should be lynched today, preferably InHim, and I've already said why I want him lynched. I would have no problem lynching Brandi either, however her flip would not confirm InHim's alignment in my eyes, if you understand what I mean. >_>
Before I start the response...
If he is lynched and flips scum, I'd say there's a great chance she's town and vice versa.
I would have no problem lynching Brandi either, however her flip would not confirm InHim's alignment in my eyes, if you understand what I mean. >_>
Oh my...
vote:Slicey
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I’m going to highlight all of the pieces Brandi mentions but deems them merely noteworthy. May be a place to look if Brandi is indeed scum. I like the Slicey vote Furry is pushing; I will probably move there at the end of this post.

The following is my response to the points made against me. Oh. My. God.
Brandi wrote: First serious post by inhim:
inHimshallibe wrote:
unvote
vote: Furry

I don't like the way you backed down from that vote, even if it was "random."
This is a terrible line of reasoning. The first thing that you notice is that he put "random" in quotations. This implies that Furry's vote was not random. However, Furry noted that his vote on me was in fact, random.
I can’t defend this, because you’ve spun it into something indefensible . I never meant that Furry’s vote wasn’t random.
Second of all, inHim just did the VERY THING that he is voting Furry for. He took his
random
vote off of Brian, and put it on Furry. Just like Furry took his
random
vote off of me, and put it onto Fishy. Hypocrite much?
I did not say I didn’t like the fact Furry unvoted; I disliked the
manner
in which Furry unvoted. It’s there in my post.
me wrote: I don't like the way you backed down from that vote
Third, there is nothing wrong with removing a random vote. Random votes are just to get the game going, very little to no information can be gathered from random votes, therefore it is only reasonable, for the sake of
PROGRESSING THE GAME
, that a random vote be either a) reinforced with serious evidence, or b) removed, and a serious vote be placed on another player for some actual reasoning.

Fourth of all, the fact that he wanted 3
random
votes to stay on a player implies that he was hoping for some sort of baseless QUICKLYNCH to happen. Which is INCREDIBLY SCUMMY.
I think you have read me wrong this entire game if this is how your post starts out. Either this, or you like to imagine worst case scenarios about players instead of evaluating what is really there. Nowhere did I say in this first post that I didn’t want to progress the game, or that I was looking for a quicklynch. You’ve put the cart before the horse, as these developments about how I like to bandwagon came after this post of mine. And, besides, I’ve been over and over on how the reason I like to bandwagon is
not
to quicklynch, but to gather information through the bandwagons.
Next post, from inHim:
inHimshallibe wrote:At Brandi: I'll admit it wasn't the strongest, but explain to me why my reasoning was "crappy."

unvote
vote: Fishy

I like this wagon better than Brandi's.
This right here, proving point #4 of my beef with his previous post. He is ADMITTING that his only real reason for voting for Furry was the fact he took a
BANDWAGON
off of ME. A BANDWAGON THAT WAS BASED PURELY ON
RANDOM VOTES.
No. Do you always put words into people’s posts like this? And people like this reasoning against me? Wow.
Fishy seems more likely to be lynched because there is some actual reasoning behind the votes other players have put on him, therefore he is more supportive of it, because it means we might
MOVE INTO NIGHT QUICKER.
No, at the time, I thought you were more town than Fishy. And your use of caps so often is already starting to annoy me. It proves no point any further, and is simply sensationalist in nature.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:49 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Slicey wrote:My stance on Brandi is heavily determined by InHim's alignment. If he is lynched and flips scum, I'd say there's a great chance she's town and vice versa. That's why I think one of them should be lynched today, preferably InHim, and I've already said why I want him lynched. I would have no problem lynching Brandi either, however her flip would not confirm InHim's alignment in my eyes, if you understand what I mean. >_>
Before I start the response...
If he is lynched and flips scum, I'd say there's a great chance she's town and vice versa.
I would have no problem lynching Brandi either, however her flip would not confirm InHim's alignment in my eyes, if you understand what I mean. >_>
Oh my...
vote:Slicey
OH. I understand what you mean now.

unvote
- although after my response is complete, this vote could come back here.
Show

:

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Gorrad »

Vote: inHimshallibe
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:49 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Gorrad wrote:
Vote: inHimshallibe
This is L-1, so everyone is aware.

I am continuing to work on my full response; I just have to be in and out of the house a lot of today.

I'll continue posting bits and pieces as I finish them, and will roleclaim at the end if the 6 votes are still there.
Show

:

BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Very sorry for the prolonged absence everyone, I was laid off from my job and have had more important things on my mind.

I'm going to re-read and get back into the game, though.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

So far, what seems to have happened is just more of the same. inHim seems to like hopping wagons, and Brandi attacks whoever looks at her funny. One falls under the "happy with any lynch" scum stereotype, and the other, the "overly defensive".

At this point, I'm still happy with my vote on Brandi. Nine pages into Day 1, I'm skeptical of anyone who has strong conviction about anything. I understand that appears to Brandi as being a "lazy townie", but I consider it arrogant to think you're ABSOLUTELY sure someone is scum.

And I do appreciate the effort you put into your Post 173. Having a clear opinion does not a townie make, but it is very good to know where you stand.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by veerus »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Next post, from inHim:
inHimshallibe wrote:At Brandi: I'll admit it wasn't the strongest, but explain to me why my reasoning was "crappy."

unvote
vote: Fishy

I like this wagon better than Brandi's.
This right here, proving point #4 of my beef with his previous post. He is ADMITTING that his only real reason for voting for Furry was the fact he took a
BANDWAGON
off of ME. A BANDWAGON THAT WAS BASED PURELY ON
RANDOM VOTES.
No. Do you always put words into people’s posts like this? And people like this reasoning against me? Wow.
What was your reasoning behind that vote then? I saw it as a distraction tactic since you apparently voted for the sake of bandwagoning.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:53 am

Post by Brandi »

I'm at a friends house right now but, I decided to check in briefly on their computer. I have noticed that Brain is still failing to read properly. I don't attack "anyone who looks at me funny." I attack whoever is scummy. I've been clearly very supportive of one wagon, for the sheer fact that no one is even HALF as scummy as inHim.

However.

Not once have I claimed to be 100% sure of inHim being scum.
But I'd more so believe him to be a JESTER than a townie.
I've done the best I can do for the town, and I think the scum knows that I'm not willing to back down easily. It's still day 1. If inHim is lynched and turns up scum, I think we should look into the people who blatantly ignored his wagon, or was against it despite the surmountable amount of evidence stacked against him.

More followup when I get back home and have some more time.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:05 am

Post by Brandi »

Also- that comment about my slight use of caps is very CLASSY, inhim. Yet another occurrence of you and your mudslinging. I'm still waiting for you to make some sort of rebuttal that isn't a blatant lie. Times running out though. I'm sure if I could find 5 hours to sit and post my thoughts in one big post, you could take a little bit of time to put some REAL effort into responding. Tick-Tock.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Gorrad »

Brandi wrote:But I'd more so believe him to be a JESTER than a townie.
NO! I'm stopping mention of Jesters before it starts. Never ONCE does it help town.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Slicey »

Brandi wrote:I'm at a friends house right now but, I decided to check in briefly on their computer. I have noticed that Brain is still failing to read properly. I don't attack "anyone who looks at me funny." I attack whoever is scummy. I've been clearly very supportive of one wagon, for the sheer fact that no one is even HALF as scummy as inHim.
Isn't it a coincidence that everyone who has attacked you looks scummy to you?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Slicey wrote:
Brandi wrote:I'm at a friends house right now but, I decided to check in briefly on their computer. I have noticed that Brain is still failing to read properly. I don't attack "anyone who looks at me funny." I attack whoever is scummy. I've been clearly very supportive of one wagon, for the sheer fact that no one is even HALF as scummy as inHim.
HMMMMMMMM...

Slicey looking worse by not moving the vote.

vote: Slicey

Brandi picked quite an inopportune time to write 24 pages and have me respond to it.
Show

:

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Slicey »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Slicey wrote:
HMMMMMMMM...

Brandi picked quite an inopportune time to write 24 pages and have me respond to it.
Pay attention, I already said that in my larger post, now I'm just reiterating it. >_>
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Slicey wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
Slicey wrote:
HMMMMMMMM...

Pay attention, I already said that in my larger post, now I'm just reiterating it. >_>
The fact you keep bringing it up and not moving over there is what I'm getting at with my vote.

I'm going to take a dip in the pool - after that I'll try and tackle the rest of the monster.

This deadline is cramping me.
Show

:

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Of the top three vote getters inHim is highest on my list, with Slicey not far behind and Brandi pretty low down the list and while I won't have computer access for the rest of the night I will read anything inHim writes tomorrow before making any decision.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”